[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this how all criminals should be treated? Norway thinks so.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: Breivik's prison cell.jpg (57 KB, 620x448) Image search: [Google]
Breivik's prison cell.jpg
57 KB, 620x448
Is this how all criminals should be treated? Norway thinks so.

Look at Breivik's prison cell. It's cozy as fuck! They don't punish him in any way, shape or form!

That just blows my mind.

Why bother with incarceration if you're not getting punished or suffering?

Why care about crime or get outraged by anything if you just going to end up cozy with few or no consequences?
>>
>>67830482

His computer has no internet connection. That's worse than torture in Guantanamo Bay
>>
>>67830739
This.

A computer without internet is like having a TV without cable.
>>
>>67830482

Pretty sure they are trying to break him, make him go insane.

He is kept in 3 tiny rooms 24/7 and in complete isolation.

He is a true edmond dantes if he can hack that for another 7 years
>>
>>67830739
Paint, minesweeper, solitare, space cadet pinball.
Someone grew up with no imagination
>>
>>67830807
I wonder if he at least is allowed to bring his laptop to the wardens office once in a while so he can stock up on like 20 movies from piratebay.

otherwise this is pure torture
>>
>>67830739
Pretty much. I honestly think the people who say living in a cell would be cozy don't fully understand how fucking bored they would be, I mean shit I'll admit if my internet connection goes out unexpectedly at home I feel lost.
>>
If he has access to a constant supply of books then it would be pretty comfy, otherwise this would drive you insane
>>
>>67830482
this is actually better than my living place no joke
>>
File: cosypepe1.jpg (145 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
cosypepe1.jpg
145 KB, 670x424
>>67830482
looks nice,maybe they are trying to encourage others to shoot up an island full of red scum
>>
It's a display of opulence.

Only a truly civilised nation treats its prisoners well.

It also has the bonus side effect of meaning if you wrongly convict somebody they don't suffer for it - an extension of innocent until proven guilty.

It also serves to curb the rise of prisoner culture which spills out into society afterwards.

Seeing as you're stuck spending money on prisoners anyway at least you can make it so that you get some housing industry in, and even use the rooms for regular tenancy in the case your prisons are empty.

That being said if Norway plans to keep importing immigrants it's going to have a rude awakening, because this concept only works on naughty Westerners, not people naturally engineered to act like animals and take take take until they drop dead.
>>
>>67830482
That's not his cell shitskin.
>>
>>67830482

The sentence was 20+ years. Thats the justice. Treating him like shit is not justice.

Thats whats so funny about Americans. You actually think that people in prison deserve to be treated like animals.
>>
Norway's justice system believes in rehabilitation, not punishment. Also I'm pretty sure Norway has among the lowest percentage of repeat offenders in the world, so they must be on to something.
>>
>>67831023

I would probably read a lot of computer science books and spend most of my time programming my own operating system kernel but living without input from the outside world really makes you feel numb. It's like living in the eighties. You wouldn't wish that to your darkest enemy.
>>
>>67830482
Wait. So I could go to prison, write software all day, then sell it when I get out? And everything is free?

Sign me up.
>>
>>67830482
I wonder where his favorite place to jack off is
>>
>>67831594
>we're going to rehabilitate you and but never let you out.
gj Norway, keeping a reformed man inside.
>>
>>67830482

That would cost about 900$ a month in New York City to rent.
>>
>>67831501

You sounded like a smart intelligent man, until...

>not people naturally engineered to act like animals and take take take until they drop dead.

Everyone is naturally engineered to act like animals, since we are animals. Plato's cave, Lord of the flies etc.

Culture, education and society makes us civilised, which is why the Western world (not the US) used to be the beacon of humanity.

Sadly due to the polarization of politics in everyday life doesnt allow for rational thought and critical thinking anymore.
>>
>>67830482
>do good things
>get a nice cell
What is there to it that you dont understand?
>>
He isn't allowed any outside communication and is kept in isolation. Isolation is one of the most extreme punishments short of torture, probably worse than limb removal.

He gets a cushy cell because most people isolated that long don't make it
>>
>>67831594
yeah, because norway isn't full of niggers
>>
File: 978x.jpg (87 KB, 978x550) Image search: [Google]
978x.jpg
87 KB, 978x550
>>67830482
This is from one of the older prisons. This is taken from a modern prison.

Norwegian authorities figured that prisoners are prisoners because they grow up in shitty conditions. So we decided we might as well introduce them to a little civility. Now Norway has some of the lowest rate of recidivism in the world.
>>
And here I thought americans would get that having no freedom is a punishment.

I guess not.
>>
>>67830482
Growing up in Ukraine i didnt even have my own room.
>>
>>67832675
Here is one from the bedroom. It includes a private bathroom.
>>
>>67832675

And amazingly it works so much better than throwing them into a privately run, public funded, for profit prison that offers bare, grim conditions.
>>
File: halden_fengsel.jpg (86 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
halden_fengsel.jpg
86 KB, 1024x576
>>67832988
Kitchen and bathroom.
>>
File: halden_fengsel_stort.jpg (271 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
halden_fengsel_stort.jpg
271 KB, 550x550
>>67833146
I love Australian sarcasm.

Pic related is the activity room.
>>
>>67832988
>>67833174

Dude I have seen hostels worse than this.
>>
File: 1455884457014.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1455884457014.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
>>67830739
>not practicing guitar or other skills
>not spending your sentence bettering yourself
>not playing the FUCK out of some pinball
>>
>>67833174
Subtle.
>>
I always thought it would be good to reintroduce prison labor. Maybe make prison economies where people are paid in prison bucks for their work as part of a rehabilitation program. Buy themselves things like a bigger room or something.
>>
>>67830482
>all that shit he could make a weapon out of.
>>
>>67830482
The bed really isn't big enough.
>>
>>67830482
because norway is filled with norwegians not niggers and norwegians actually care about norwegians
>>
>>67830482
I hope he makes a mathematical discovery or produces wonderful music and shows the world that jail-slaves dont have to just be manual labor. we may as well use them for their talents.
>>
>>67830482

That does look like a NEET's paradise until you guys said there was no internet allowed.
>>
>>67830482
Why would we want to punish someone who did nothing wrong?
>>
>>67835943
Before he does that he's gonna lose his mind.
>>
>>67831538
>>67831985
ill bet youve never met a nignog austrian sweater
>>
>>67832988
Isn't the irony that people actually pay money to live in what looks like a cell?
>>
>>67830739
So play offline games. TES games alone would kill a few years.
>>
File: prisonindustrial-complex.jpg (25 KB, 317x154) Image search: [Google]
prisonindustrial-complex.jpg
25 KB, 317x154
>>67830482
>Why bother with incarceration if you're not getting punished or suffering?
The primary reason to incarcerate isn't revenge, but to separate the dangerous individual from society.

The second reason is rehabilitation.

In Breivik's case, after he finishes this 21 year sentence, he has about two dozen more, but in most cases, even in the states, eventually prisoners get out.

A dog confined and tortured for years, remains a danger to society when released. One who spend years well treated in obedience school, not so much so.

The only reason to use prisons as revenge machines, is to perpetuate crime, and thus maintain the justification behind their funding.
>>
>>67830739
Yea but once they get internet access I'll literally save up money to fly to Norway and kill a bunch of random people so I can go to "jail", I'm not even joking. Seriously, that'd be my dream lifestyle. Eternal hikikomori NEETdom.
>>
>>67836228
It is.

In Norway, a room like to that would probably cost you 600 dollars if you shared the apartment with 3 other people.

>>67836866
You're right. The problem with most criminals is that they don't respect authority. Putting them in cages will only serve to amplify that.
>>
>>67830482

No!

Prisons are supposed to be horrible dungeons where skinny white-collar criminals get raped by silverback gorilla men.
>>
>>67830482
Looks like my college dorm room. Apartment style dorm.
>>
>kill a bunch of cute kids
>get a comfy apartment funded by Norwegian taxpayers including the victims' families

B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>67830482
time to rape some feminists, and get free board and meals
>>
>>67830482
no wonder norway is a failed state with not even one aircraft their too dumb to even know how to make them.

Criminals need to be locked away and forgotten about to get true punishment since being a criminal is uncurable its been proven. Fuck em all.
>>
>>67830482
Breivik did nothing wrong, faggot. Its even more ironic, that the same libs who always want more humane treatment for crimminals were massacred by him, pwned by own ideology. God speed, Anders
>>
>>67830739
He has an offline version of wikipedia though.
>>
>>67837710
Not only did he kill kids. Those kids were the children of the most elite politicians. He also bombed the prime minister’s office building.
If anything, at least I know we have equality before the law.
>>
An american prison warden visits a norwegian prison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g56susrNQY
>>
>>67837501
my dorm was way worse.
then again it was bigger and i dont decorate
>>
>>67832675
> implying there isn't money in reoffeneding
> implying most prisons in the USA arent privately owned
> implying USA gives a fuck what Norway thinks
>>
>>67838001
>their too dumb
>>
File: ParchmanGateNewPhoto.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1794) Image search: [Google]
ParchmanGateNewPhoto.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1794
But where are the fields to put them to work?

t. Mississippian
>>
>>67830482
do they get internet? 4chan? rape?
>>
>>67830482
>Why bother with incarceration if you're not getting punished or suffering?

To keep them away from society?
>>
>>67832675
>>67832988
>>67833174
i've been to ikea, i'm pretty sure this qualifies as a mansion in oslo.
>>
>>67830482
>Why care about crime or get outraged by anything if you just going to end up cozy with few or no consequences?

This.
For homeless people this must look like an invitation.
>>
>>67840123
Death would do that.

Punishment and suffering work as a deterrent.

I'd bet my left nut the guy that stole a poster from best Korea will never do that again.
>>
File: 1457921769100.jpg (87 KB, 650x660) Image search: [Google]
1457921769100.jpg
87 KB, 650x660
>>67831617
this
>>67830739

People think we are nice but really we really arent
>>
Herr Breivik wanted access to the internet. He was trying to claim Norway denying it to him was a human right's issue.

Did he ever get anywhere with that? It'd be awesome to have him post on /pol/.
>>
>>67833436
Looks boring AF
>>
>>67840374

I doubt that's an issue for a welfare state like Norway.
>>
>>67840493
except they do have lower crime rates and lower recidivism rates (even among just the white people here)
>>
>>67830482
What you don't realize is that all the prison furniture is from Ikea, and you have to assemble it yourself, and if it doesn't look exactly like the picture when you're done you have to do it over again.

seriously, that room is a life sentence of cruel and unusual punishment.
>>
>>67839927
>implying USA gives a fuck what Norway thinks

This is rich coming from A FUCKING LEAF.

>>67840374
We give homeless people free apartments and money, and you can't do heroin in prison so there is that.
>>
>>67840493
>Death would do that.

No shit, sherlock. What wouldn't death solve?

>Punishment and suffering work as a deterrent

Yeah, and are proven to be ineffective at curbing behavior when compared to positive reinforcement.

>I'd bet my left nut the guy that stole a poster from best Korea will never do that again.

I'd bet both my nuts that living in North Korea is miserable because their country condones such bullshit.
>>
We just have a different use of incarceration in Europe. America is very focused on the punishment aspect of it and 'justice' while in Europe they get locked up with the main goal being prevention and putting them away from society.

If you can get over the anger and the will to punish them, this way is more useful to society as a whole, especially in smaller crimes
>>
>>67840374
>>67841012

Yes, but the rest of the world isn't Norway. This only works in countries where life outside these mini-hotels is always better.
>>
>>67841509
forgot reply to >>67840789
>>
>>67840493
>I'd bet my left nut the guy that stole a poster from best Korea will never do that again.

A slap in the face from some korean police/soldier would do that just fine.

>Punishment and suffering work as a deterrent.

Criminals don't think/plan about getting caughted
>>
>>67830482
What you don't see is that everything in that room is one size too small for him. The perfect punishment.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.