[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Flint Water Crisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Water+crisis+in+Flint.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Water+crisis+in+Flint.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
Is the EPA or Snyder's administration more culpable? Or are both equally to blame? The EPA has had its own share of controversies in which they withheld information from the public on pollution after all.

Is it corroded pipes or polluted water that's the problem? Both of these potential causes seem to be inserted into the narrative, shouldn't it probably be one or the other?
>>
>>67826124

Asshole idiot Republican fucked up and the cost is in the billions.

Helpful because he exposed a nation-wide problem.

basically an American tradition of success via incompetence and greed
>>
>>67826124
The people to blame are the bastards running running Flint.
They were the ones who changed the source of water.
They, and the EPA, covered up the lead contamination.
Snyder was a small player in this.
So blame the dems.
>>
>>67827076
Dems weren't the ones who made the switch.
>>
The pipes are the problem. The new water source is slightly more acidic due to higher levels of phosphoric acid. The decrease in pH caused an increase in the solubility of the oxides and hydroxides in the pipes which brought the lead into solution.
>>
>>67826124
>a majority black city
>in a majority Democrat voting city
>somehow it's Republicans fault
Democrats can't run shit.
>>
>>67828072
>>67828299
No, cost-cutting asshole Gummerber was the cause.
>>
>>67828463
>actual scientific explanation
>no because muh feelings
>>
>Black city
>Elect black officials
>All Democrats
>Have a choice between getting clean water from Detroit or from their contaminated river
>Contaminated river is cheaper so that works for them
>Suffer poisoning
>Blame whitey
>BLM n sheeit

Basically, niggers can't run nations more news at 11
>>
>>67828586

Revisionist history because of your tribal feelings.

(Must defend GOP asshats at all costs.)
>>
Rick Snyder is a good boy that dindu nuffin.
I honestly think Snyder is a piece of shit and have for years but I still don't see how this is his fault at all. It's like blaming Donald Trump if you slipped on a slippery floor at one of his hotels.
>>
>>67826124
>Surrounded by the largest supply of fresh water not found anywhere else in the world.
>Still can't provide clean drinking water.

Why is Michigan so retarded? Oh wait that's right, the lead.
>>
Michigan here. I think Snyder's a piece of shit (no better than Granholm) but he's low blame on this particular issue. However, his use of 900k taxpayer money to defend himself in court is fucking low.
>>
>>67826124
Actually Detroit. Those niggers turned off their access when they learned the found the lake Huron source. If they wouldn't have done this none of this would have happened.

Being Detroit I wonder if democrats did this purposefully
>>
>>67826124
A combination of the EPA fucking up, Snyder having to face facts and the Flint city council and public works being extremely fucking retarded for not measuring the acidity of the water.
>>
>>67828716
>[STILL NO CITATION]
>>
>>67828586
Someone still should have checked to make sure it would have been safe to use the new water source so there is still someone to blame. It wouldn't be too difficult to check through a few experiments. It's a simple equilibrium that should have been expected.
>>
>>67828463
>Michigan's budget is in the shitter
>Governor cuts assistance to municipalities
>municipality which depends on handouts fucks up and poisons its population
>ITS DA GOVERNORS FAULT!!!
>>
File: Flint sex offenders.png (585 KB, 1779x777) Image search: [Google]
Flint sex offenders.png
585 KB, 1779x777
michigan here

flint deserves everything they get. it is literally a city full of pedophiles, niggers and violent criminals.
>>
File: 1455089352933.jpg (88 KB, 790x820) Image search: [Google]
1455089352933.jpg
88 KB, 790x820
>>67826124
HERES WHAT HAPPENED IN FLINT TO CAUSE THE PROBLEM!

>Flint residents complain DA WATA BILL 2 HIGH!
>It gets on the news eventually and goes fucking crazy.
>50 dolla 4 wata da wata 2 high!
so!
>To save them money they switch their water over to the rivers.
>Things go perfectly fine for awhile.
>Uh oh, lead pipes n shit.
>Here the same people come again.
DA WATA POISON!

They still dont understand thats why they where paying a higher water bill.
>>
>>67826124
the corroded pipes can allow in polluted ground water. the water table would probably be polluted almost anywhere if you got gas stations

i know it sounds crazy but its possible. the water pressure isnt constant all day. back flow can happen even without compromised pipes
>>
I have family in Flint Michigan (white people, not a complete nigger city like people like to say).

The 'crises' started about 2 years ago, newspapers and local news had some bulletins and stories about the water. It was advised to buy water. These things ran all the time and drove my cousin crazy.

Then there was a lot of media silence because people were annoyed since it was "nothing"

Now this. I doubt its a racial thing, more local politics.
>>
>>67828463
How?

These cities are so mismanaged to help them you need appointed people. That's how terrible democratic cities can get.

Explain how the EPA not releasing findings pointing to issues is anyone's fault but the epa?

Explain how Detroit turning Flint's access to their water of early before their piped source from the other body of water is anyone's fault but Detroit
>>
This was going to happen eventually, Snyder's just the asshole it happened under
>>
>>67830495
>This was going to happen eventually, Snyder's just the asshole it happened under

Nope. The switch was not necessary nor was the refusal to have it properly treated.

So much bullshit in this thread.
>>
>let's pump tons of fracking chemicals into our earth guise
>>
>>67828716
>chemcical reactions are revisionist
>>
>>67831115
The only one bullshitting is you, reddit.
>>
>>67826124

GOP wants to gut the bench of up and coming city/county level Dem elected politicians. To facilitate this they made up something new, emergency managers appointed by the Gov to manage cites run by Dems, with the financial troubles of some of these cites being the excuse. The emergency manager appointed by the Gov was told to save money. The EM decided to save water by changing the water source. The swap to river water was not done properly and the more acidic water started eating the old lead pipes. The Gov did not give a shit lead makes kids dumb and violent and nobody would notice that about blacks.
>>
>>67826124
Snyder is the best governor Michigan has had since before the Detroit riots.
The girl he replaced, former model Jennifer Granholm, is a major embarassment to the left, and every day that Snyder continues living is another chip on the Bolshie's shoulder.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.