[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials get their news from the internet instead of tv?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: Ana.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ana.webm
1 MB, 640x480
Why do millennials get their news from the internet instead of tv?
>>
Don't you? You honestly watch TV news?
>>
>>67825266
Jenk is such a hunk
>>
Because nobody, left or right, trusts mainstream news anymore.
>>
>>67825266
because literally no one trusts the main stream media. even my 88 year old granda says the major media are obvious liars.

my family hates me so they will never say it to my face, but they think i was so fucking right about everything from 9/11, the iraq war, syria, and obama that they want to get their news where i get mine. and everyone knows somone like me.

no one watches the main stream media anymore, except local news. and that is really just for the weather.
>>
>>67825266
Because I can be much more selective in my sources, and I dont get the standard bullshit propaganda yarn from the MSM.
>>
>>67825502
This is pretty much it
There's so few that even watch it, new networks can't sustain themselves, regardless of their quality.
>>
>>67825266
>35 minute program
>25 minutes of commercials
>Only a few headlines, few details
>bunch of stories you don't even care about
Gee, I don't know, maybe people prefer to get their news from a source that has more information and doesn't waste their time with some idiot reading a teleprompter.

Anyone can read a teleprompter.
>>
>>67825266
The mainstream media is a disaster.
>>
>>67825502
>>67825919
The internet is just as bad, if not worse, than mainstream media. Huffington post, salon, leddit, all these "online-only" news channels promote leftist degeneracy, without the necessary economics of mass media.

It's all garbage. Trust yourself, and only yourself, to make a true judgement.
>>
I like places that actually have sources for the shit they say. TYT is OK, bias as fuck but at least they admit it.
>>
I haven't watched tv in like a year unless I go home and visit parents.
>>
TV is dying and mainstream media is corrupt anyway
>>
>>67825266
I don't have a TV. I got 3 TVs last year as gifts, but sold them all as soon as I got them. It's waste of space grandpa.
>>
File: 1380585847710.jpg (15 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1380585847710.jpg
15 KB, 246x250
>turn on the evening news
>fall asleep because boring
>wake up at 4 am to "THIS IS A REVOLUTIONARY NEW OFFER, HOW TO LOSE 10 POUNDS IN 10 MINUTES, ONLY $29.99"
>>
>>67826688
>Huffington post, salon, leddit
This is not where people go for news, reddit is ok if you sift through the comments for a little while since people are invested enough in winning internet arguments that they will usually throw in some legit sources, but the others are not taken seriously by anyone
>>
>>67825266
It's better than cable news where every commercial is about erectile dysfunction pills, female urinary incontinence pills, the asbestos class action lawsuit and opiate related constipation pills.
>>
>>67825266
I don't know, but it's pretty fucking concerning.

These entitled fucking millenials are too goddamn lazy to schedule viewing time and their primary complaint is A BLOO BLOO BLOO TOO MANY ADS. Really?

Fuck off, advertisements are necessary. Quit being lazy and actually spend time watching things that are profitable.
>>
>>67825489
of shit
>>
File: TDS_Placeholder-1[1].jpg (115 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
TDS_Placeholder-1[1].jpg
115 KB, 1200x650
>>67825266
>Why do millennials get their news from the internet instead of tv?
This isn't true. All of my friends get their news from The Daily Show in addition to the internet.
>>
TV news is shit-tier.
>>
>>67825266
Fuck TV. I cut the cable, my life is better for it.
>>
>>67825718
>my family hates me
wow finally /pol/ admits the truth. I am so proud of you. :o)
>>
>>67826688
You need to get your news from somewhere to know what's going on in the world. Libs have stuff like Huffington Post and Salon while conservatives have sites like Drudge and Brietbart.

>inb4 Ben Shapiro drama

All are biased websites though that cater to their audiences. I'm not sure there's any popular media left that simply reports the news anymore. Al-Jazeera was actually a decent channel but nobody wanted to get their information from something so Arab sounding.

The most striking thing about this cycle, to me, is that of all the MSM outlets, MSNBC has been the most fair and balanced. The C in CNN stands for Clinton and we all know FOX can't stand Trump.
>>
>>67826688

And I bet Drudge Report, Breitbart, and Free Republic are so much better

:^)
>>
>>67827984
This, i stopped paying cable back in 13 and i have more time in my hands to shitpost.
>>
File: PPSX8OW.jpg (113 KB, 762x613) Image search: [Google]
PPSX8OW.jpg
113 KB, 762x613
>Talk to someone about politics on /pol/ or even in real life
>They just repeat crap they heard on TV news and act like they're experts
>>
TYT is utter libtard trash

That's all
>>
>>67828461
At least drudge doesn't write the articles
>>
Because they think they're "woke" because da medeeuh is like biased n sheeit but then they get their news from huff post. But not even from the articles, they just see the headlines from one of their friends posts on kikebook.

And desu I've found bbc news is less biased than any American news website.
>>
>>67828965
Liberalism is best ism
>>
File: MAGA 11.jpg (971 KB, 1732x892) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 11.jpg
971 KB, 1732x892
>>67825266
TV
>In other news...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo
>Commercial break - "You should buy more gold and silver shares goy!"
>Enter story about some hurt feelings here
>Another commercial break - "Did you know you can make over 1000% profit from buying gold and silver stocks from Golverstein.com?"
>And we're back to tell you that our next story is going to be about X...Right after this short break
>Yet another commercial-fucking-break 'Y R U NOT BYE-ING MUH STOKES GOYIM?! GIBBE UR MONE!"

/pol/
>M
>A
>G
>A
>plus sluts and other hateful faggots

I'll take /pol/ over live TV any day of the week. I love you guys.
>>
>>67829793
Classical liberalism for sure, but not this current year shit
>>
File: 1438825115884.png (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1438825115884.png
6 KB, 224x225
>>67827391
KEK
>>
>>67830230
Needs more commercials.
>>
File: hitler_1920.jpg (85 KB, 415x708) Image search: [Google]
hitler_1920.jpg
85 KB, 415x708
I didn't watch cable TV (any major or minor TV stations) on my own for almost 8 years - I don't see the point when I can select my own content what to watch with my PC hooked up to my TV.
Everytime I visit friends or family and they have the TV running I realise how disturbing and upsetting commercials are - I ask them to mute the TV while the commercials are own most of the time. Can't stand the constantly 'being shouted at' anymore.
>>
File: brian-williams304X200-300x197.jpg (14 KB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
brian-williams304X200-300x197.jpg
14 KB, 300x197
>>67825266
>Be G.I. Generation
>Get your news from newspapers, radio, news reels in movie theaters,
>Discuss ideas in local bar

>Be Boomer Generation:
>Get news from newspapers, television news anchors
>Discuss ideas at parties and local meetings and clubs

>Be Generation X:
>Get news from newspapers, television news anchors
>Discuss Ideas ???

>Be Millennial Generation
>Get news from internet -- specific youtube channels that cater to what you want to watch and feel
>Discuss ideas: specific internet forums where no one disagrees with your point of view
>>
File: B07D4FfIIAAEqwQ.jpg (31 KB, 599x472) Image search: [Google]
B07D4FfIIAAEqwQ.jpg
31 KB, 599x472
>>67825266
Ana Kasparian is the best <3
>>
>>67827875
Lying fuck, nobody watches the daily show.
>>
I don't even really like the news. It's so controlled by so very, very few. People glued to the media are robotic.
>>
>>67828216
of course my family hates me. if your family doesn't hate you, perhaps you are on the wrong website.

i still have scars from my father beating me. physical scars.

if you led a normal life and your family loves you and everything is good then maybe you should consider going back to fucking reddit.
>>
>>67832754
What if your family loves you but knows your a loser and you have no friends? Can I stay here?
>>
>>67825266
On the internet there is literally dozens of independent news sources pertaining to various topics where as all mainstream media outlets are extremely limited in their variety. Plus paying for cable is retarded.
>>
>>67831780
I wanna lick her sweaty feet
>>
>>67825266
not a millennial... if you're watching TV after the year 2000 you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>67825266
CNN, MSNBC, Fox (and to a slightly lesser extent BBC)? Why the fuck would anyone ever use these as a diehard news source?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.