[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carl’s Jr CEO wants to replace all human workers with robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/03/17/carls-jr-ceo-wants-to-replace-all-human-workers-with-robots/

>Eatsa, the mostly automated healthy, fast food bowl shop based in San Francisco, has inspired the CEO of Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s to rethink the traditional workforce—by replacing all humans with robots

>"I want to try it," CEO Andy Puzder told Business Insider. "We could have a restaurant that's focused on all-natural products and is much like an Eatsa, where you order on a kiosk, you pay with a credit or debit card, your order pops up, and you never see a person."

Scary stuff. The CEO of Carl's Jr. wants to imitate Eatsa. He wants to completely gut Carl's Jr. of all its employees and replace them with machines. There is a Carl's Jr. near me where workers depend on their jobs, this guy wants to fire them all and have a restaurant completely staffed with robots.

Automation is just going to keep being a bigger and bigger problem in the future. We're already seeing jobs disappear due to automation, and its just going to get worse.
>>
>>67821264
Shouldn't you be happy? Robots will take jobs that are currently taken by illegal immigrants.
>>
>>67821264
Good
>>
>>67821264
>menial jobs are all disappearing
>""""humans""""" are actually mad about not having to do stupid bullshit busywork

if you're not qualified to do anything higher than working in fast food the government should just sterilize you and give you welfare if you can't survive on your own.
>>
>>67821264
Good. The sooner we can get to UBI, the better.
>>
>>67821264
>Puzder
hmmm.....
>>
>>67821264
who is going to assure that people get their correct order, do basic maintenance on machines, and call for real maintenance?

i can see it getting rid of MOST employees, but there will still need to be one. a machine manager.
>>
>>67821622
>UBI
UBI?
>>
Welcome to the woooorld of tomorrow.
>>
EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES
>>
>>67821264

It's the only rational response to a proposed $15+/hour minimum wage. Expect much more of this, we'll eventually automate all the low paying jobs out of existence from the look of things.
>>
>>67821264
>the irony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksI12RhBMAM
>>
Robots don't spit on your food, smoke, or prepare your food without washing their hands after going to the toilet.

They are also cheaper, meaning the burgers will be cheaper, as well.
>>
>>67821264
I went to McD's today and ordered a Big Mac and a 10PC nugget

The woman who took my order did fine, the nigger who put my food in the bag decided to give me a filet o fish instead of a big mac

If I could have ordered my food with an app and not interacted with a human at all I would have
>>
>>67821787
>The format was threatened by the arrival of fast food, served over the counter and with more payment flexibility than traditional automats; in the 1970s, the automats' remaining appeal in their core urban markets was strictly nostalgic. Another contributing factor to their demise was inflation of the 1970s, making the food too expensive to be bought conveniently with coins, in a time before bill acceptors commonly appeared on vending equipment.

So, wagecucks stole the job from machines first, its only fair that the poor underrepresented class should be allowed to take back their jobs.
>>
His game plan works only if other employers don't replace their workers with robots. If there are no workers, there are no consumers.
>>
>>67821264
I'd be all for this if it would make the food cheaper. Fucking $4 if I want an order of fried zucchini from them
>>
>>67821264
Soon no longer will I have to worry about a Mexican rubbing boogers in my burger or a nignog pissing in my corn flakes. I absolutely think the food industry should be automated.
>>
>>67821787
NO! All jobs will be replaced by robots by 1950! Worldwide unemployment!

The economy will sink!
>>
File: 1458241417716.jpg (83 KB, 685x615) Image search: [Google]
1458241417716.jpg
83 KB, 685x615
>>67821264
Wait we don't even have a 15 dollar minimum wage yet. Sounds like an expensive mistake to me. Labor is not currently being overvalued due to government coercion.
>>
>>67821993
I went to McDonald's today and got a Filet-O-Fish combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audiobook when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner tonight and got a McChicken combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot where it is cold'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?
>>
File: carl.png (205 KB, 316x511) Image search: [Google]
carl.png
205 KB, 316x511
>>67821264
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
>>
File: ziosk.jpg (502 KB, 2808x1872) Image search: [Google]
ziosk.jpg
502 KB, 2808x1872
>>67821836
This. We're already seeing Ziosk tablets replace servers. People get seated, all ordering, upselling, re-orders, and checking out is handled by the tablets. 5-6 servers get replaced by computers and one person running drinks and such back from the kitchen.

For quick-service food, it's not incredibly hard to imagine people getting replaced by robots that will do the same thing a million plus times at the same base price. Base costs vs. ongoing.
>>
>>67822167
i love this pasta

but seriously fuck niggers tho
>>
>>67821264
You should tweet that link to your god emperor trumpnigger, maybe he'll force CEOs to deport the robots or kick the owners of the company out of america for being unamerican.

>>67821413
they're not only 'taking' the jobs of illegal immigrants, but the ones from citizens of the US as well
>>
>>67821264
It's his company and he can do what ever the fuck he pleases with it. if the market doesn't like it. he will fail. how is this so hard for you to understand.
>>
You're fucking retarded, OP. No CEO is going to immediately fire everyone in every store and convert it into to an automated one. ONE or a few stores will be selected and automated.

Your little burger flipping friends can take their experience to another fast food place. I'm sure there's a Wendy's across the street, Burger King down the road and McDonald's around the corner.
>>
>>67822057
If you have smaller costs than your competitors, it does make sense to decrease your prices to beat them.

Also, automation tends to give good returns to scale, so that's another reason why this could make your burgers cheaper.
>>
>>67821264
This has been a dream for quick service for decades. However, it has to be super reliable before it's put in place, and that's still a ways out.
>>
>>67822259
If only we did not have to increase our population every year until the end of time.
>>
File: cubby_tap_open.jpg (56 KB, 961x553) Image search: [Google]
cubby_tap_open.jpg
56 KB, 961x553
An upgraded version of the Automat is coming back. There will still be humans in the kitchen (for now) but ordering is by computer and you pick up your food from a window.

http://www.businessinsider.com/eatsa-fully-automated-restaurant-chain-2016-2
>>
Hopefully cheaper prices follow.
>>
>>67822081
It has nothing to do with minimum wage. Fast food has been trying to do away with unreliable people since it's inception.
>>
>>67822167
she wants your Mcdick
>>
>>67822689
LOLOLOLOL no.
>>
File: 1456751422489.jpg (46 KB, 595x472) Image search: [Google]
1456751422489.jpg
46 KB, 595x472
This is no surprise and a trend that will change the future as we know it. Low wage jobs will seize to exist and i honestly think very few understand how it will affect humanity. Imagine the billions of people basing their lives on retard-tier manual labor.

Pretty much all jobs paying 20 dollars per hour or less will disappear. The 2016 economic report of the President even states the same thing: https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/ERP_2016_Book_Complete%20JA.pdf
>>
>>67821264
If it means my burgers and food are consistent throughout the world from their stores, then I am all for it. nothing more annoying than shitty food due to lackluster effort on part of the employees.
>>
>>67822360
That is somehow paradox, doing stupid mechanical "i have to be nice to assholes" shitwork is replaced by robots and somehow everyone gets mad.

Now let us think a little bit deeper, why is that (smug retards are not welcome in this discussion since their brain circuits are those of 9year old girls)?
>>
>>67821264
I don't eat that type of shit anymore and don't care, but what about security? I live in SC and late night McDonalds are always packed with darkies. What's stopping them from raiding the kitchen?
>>
>>67822689
higher profit margins, you mean
>>
>>67821492
No, those things break and the machines spill grease, etc.

Someone's gotta clean them.
>>
>>67822650
Robots could make the food too if the government was not so extreme with regards to health regulations.
>>
>WE DEMAND 20$ AN HOUR """""LIVING WAGE""""
>OK or fired lmao bring in the robots
>>
And if you want table service, there are robots for that. Doubt this would work in the US since they'd get assaulted constantly.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/would-you-eat-restaurant-robot-7576240
>>
>>67822782
This will obviously lower prices.
>>
>>67821802
audible kek
>>
>>67822922
You have your head up your ass if you think prices will lower, ever.

All it means is a more consistent product, experience and higher profit margins.
>>
>>67822922
not if everyone that sells products to the restaurants, like the food or to go boxes or what have you, starts raising their prices because they see that their customers now have a higher profit margin, affording them to pay higher prices to conduct business
>>
>>67822838
It is a fast food chain. If they are very productive, they can profit more by increasing volume with cheaper prices.
>>
>>67822787
These faggots can't stack 3 ingredients on a bun without fucking it up. Let them starve.
>>
>>67822446
It actually does make sense because if you eliminate having to pay wages then your profit margins are huge, giving you the ability to lower prices, just driving more people to your place. Where are people gonna go, a robot run place for a $3-4 lunch combo with a burger, fries, drink, or the same combo at another place for $7-8 with humans?
>>
>>67821264
Not supprised, Leftist want a high minimum wage, CEO says fuck that robots, can replace their dumb asses. Put me in a factory welding those metal machines.
>>
File: dYHdd54.jpg (196 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
dYHdd54.jpg
196 KB, 1024x689
Maybe it's not that Carl's Jr doesn't want the customers seeing workers, it's the workers who need to be shielded from seeing their customers.
>>
>>67822839
If automation added as many jobs at it replaced, companies wouldn't be automating.
>>
>>67823096
lower prices doesn't always equate to an increase in demand
>>
>>67822909
Except that is not what is happening. They were always going to replace wage slaves with robots. As a business owner I don't want to pay wages at all and cannot wait until most labor is automated.
>>
>>67823096
However, that's not how it's going to work.
>>
File: 1403615410553.gif (921 KB, 350x286) Image search: [Google]
1403615410553.gif
921 KB, 350x286
>>67822912
>Tfw Americans will still tip the robot.
>>
I'm for it, it may make me actually be willing to step inside a Carl's Jr.
Besides, it's not like they won't have janitorial staff and people hanging around whose job it is to make sure the machines aren't busted
>>
>>67823165
Literally has nothing to do with minimum wage. These changes were going to happen as soon as the technology matured.

You can pay people 1 dollar a day, and it's still cheaper to replace a cashier with a 600 dollar tablet that never calls in sick and can be used for 5 years.
>>
>>67823141
remember, that restaurant itself is a customer to a number of other services. those services will see these restaurants with extra cash and will most certainly raise their prices, as their demand isn't going to be decreased by a price hike.
>>
>>67821492

I wouldn't of said it this blunt, but senpai over here has a good point.

Also, most states have a worker retraining program of some sort. Everything should be fine unless you were truly just scraping by mentally and physically.
>>
>>67821264
And? I hate people. I love robots. I, for one, welcome the revolution.
>>
>>67823029
>>67823088
Fast food products have low barrier to entry and reasonably low differentiation.

If they can make their sandwiches much cheaper, they will win a lot more by cutting their price and taking the market from their competitors. Eventually, their competitors will also do the same and the price will fall.
>>
>20+ menu options

Cut that shit out. There's a reason In-N-Out is so great. Stick with one burger, do it well and sell it cheaply.
>>
>>67823235
>when self driving cars literally kills your start up

Good thing I hadn't put any money into it.
>>
>>67821264
What exactly is "scary" about that? That would be awesome.
>>
>>67823389
Except that's not how it works in the USA. The cheap garbage is dying out while McDonalds has to change it's menu to have nicer food in order to compete with places like In and Out as well as Shake Shack.
>>
>>67823096

It's a business. At best they'll say pricing stays the same to cover R&D. At worst they just won't give a fuck.
>>
Automation is not a problem.
Problem is free market won't fix shit really, so you'll have shitload of unemployed people. Automation won't just destroy menial jobs.
>>
>>67823389
you do realize that the restaurant itself has to buy products? those products will become more expensive because the restaurants have more money now. it's just a balance sheet transfer.

look up supply/demand curves. literal basic economics, something brazil will never understand.
>>
>>67821413
It will create all kind of new jobs though. On the low end you have people maintaining and manufacturing the robots, on the mid end you have people servicing and repairing the robots and on the high end you have people designing, improving and researching new technology. Burger flipping is replaced with more specialized jobs that have better future prospects and growth potential.
>>
>>67823331
I highly doubt that the restaurant is just going to bend over backwards and pay more money for the same supplies just because they have higher profit margins now. They definitely have fixed contracts as well, the food supplier can't just demand more money because they see carls jr is making more money. And if they do demand more money, they could just find another supplier.
>>
>>67822814
The stores will remodel and will literally have a wall between any darkies and the machinery and supplies.
>>
>>67823440
>waiting 20 minutes in line for a burger
I mean it's good, but holy shit they need to make bigger locations so I'm not fucking trapped in line for almost a half hour waiting for a goddamn burger
>>
>>67823671
You will definitely have growth in jobs that pay 40-60k a year that sell, service, support and install those systems.

Those are great jobs, not like those shitty low skill jobs the robots/computers are replacing.
>>
>>67823675
they already bend over backwards. when new contracts start coming up, they'll see the price increase. there's usually ten restaurants within a quarter mile distance where im at, so there's going to be a lot fo extra money flowing around.
>>
>>67823198

Only in Giffen goods (and there is some polemic over whether Giffen goods exist). Sandwiches are not Giffen goods.

>>67823225

It is probably how it is going to work. Much more so considering the competitors are also be forced to do the same.

>>67823331

This makes absolutely no sense, senpai. That would only work if those services had a monopoly.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 480x270
It's really happening

SIR ARE YOU THE UNFIT MOTHER?
>>
>>67823811
But the labor and it's associated costs just are not there currently.
>>
>>67823671
Let's face it.

No burger flipper has the mental fortitude to design or learn to maintain those machines.
>>
>>67823890
some of them kinda do have a monopoly.
>>
>>67823890
Brazilians have no idea how this shit works.

Did prices drop at banks when they replaced tellers with ATMs?
>>
File: eatlikeyoumeanit.jpg (84 KB, 491x597) Image search: [Google]
eatlikeyoumeanit.jpg
84 KB, 491x597
>>67823172
>>
>>67823971
plus there'll be a visa program where businesses are encouraged to fire domestic born workers and force them to train foreign replacements.
>>
>>67821836
>response

Bullfucking shit.

The conservatives held a stranglehold on my province for 40+ years, as far as everybody knew, that would never change, and they absolutely would not raise the min wage except a few cents every 10 years or so.

And Fast food places have been transitioning over to robots anyways. Mickdicks has had digital kiosks for years now.
>>
>>67823971
And? Shouldn't we be glad that these people are going to be gone?
>>
>>67824033
Yes. No withdrawal fees or monthly account fees.
>>
>>67821264

Guaranteed Minimum Income

Say it with me
>>
>>67824118
lol maybe in new zealand.
>>
>>67823861
I highly doubt they would just let themselves be extorted. They are getting the same supplies, and the supplies aren't getting more expensive, so it's silly to pay more for them just because you're doing well.
They would just find a new supplier, or threaten to and then they would stop asking for a raise since they would lose so much fucking money if they lost a big chain like carls
>>
>>67824172
>government literally subsidizing corporate profits

Holy shit fuck off.
>>
>>67821785
I think it stands for Universal Basic Income.

Basically some commie shit where the taxpayers pay people for simply existing.
>>
>>67823508
This is exactly how it works... This is basic strategy.

>>67823604
And precisely because it is a business they will reduce prices. That's the whole point of automation. You invest on it to reduce prices and beat your competitors.

>>67823630
Are you really that ignorant?
They will not pay more than they are paying because they have larger profits. There is this thing called competition. If a supplier decides to raise its prices, they can just change suppliers. There will be plenty of companies that would love to supply a market leader.
>>
>>67822814
In a purely automated kitchen there would probably be solid wall separating the kitchen from the dining area, with small hole for food to be distributed and a locked used by maintenance and restocking.
>>
>>67824178
>paying a $300 daily overdraft fee and going broke because you got overdrawn $5

America pls

>warning your account is iverdrawn! Thats a $30 fee
>warning you just spent $30 while overdrawn, thats another $30 fee
>repeat until you owe them your house

Capitalism works you faggots just dont know how to do it
>>
File: Lighthouse.jpg (548 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lighthouse.jpg
548 KB, 1024x768
>>67822805
Most likely because they understand, even if it's in the back of their head as a nebulous idea, that robots will gradually replace their jobs as well at some point in the future.

Alternatively, they might be assblasted because they cannot oppose robot labor logically, with illegal immigrants, they can simply use the veil of racism, sweeping generalizations, or other meaningless concepts like nationality in order to justify why they shouldn't do the jobs that Americans are 'entitled' to do. How can you possibly do the same with a robot? It does not follow a religion, it does not possess skin or race, it does not have views.

I also think there's a huge personal bias, depending on what jobs are being taken, i can assure you that most of /pol/ wouldn't bat an eye if automated taxis came to replace unionized "shitskin" taxis all over america, but would get irremediably butthurt if they found out the logical consequence of it (human truckers being replaced by machines).
>>
>>67824317
when you no longer have jobs for anyone 25 and under to work for, this is going to be necessary. businesses will need those people as customers, so, it will be essential for corporate funded welfare to become the norm.
>>
>>67821264
How's that $15/hr working for ya?
>>
>>67821785
UBI will be a wonder in CIV 6
>>
>>67824381
In fast food, labor costs about 25 percent of every burger you sell. Even if you get rid of most of your staff you still need some people at the location. So say you can slim it down to 15 percent. So you might be able to lower the price of a burger 50 cents.
>>
>>67824195
when you make more money as a businesses, than say, last quarter, and it looks to be steady, the place you rent, the owner is going to increase YOUR price specifically. (unless you build your own store)

there aren't many suppliers for restaurant supplies.
>>
>>67821413
Im from the San Francisco Bay Area and I can assure all of you if it is located in San Francisco, AND is called "Eatsa" AND considers itself "automated and healthy" AND is a "fast food 'bowle'(whatever the fuck that is) shop), it is definitely gay as fuck and should not be copied.

But good on Carls Jr. CEO, Capitilism is based and relies off of people acting in their own best interests and I admire him for trying this tactic, lets see if it works. I personally don't think we will see a 100% automated restaurant until the 2020's (even if we have the technology available today).

Also even though I bagged on SF and its the capitol of the world for degenerate literal faggots, they do have some dank fucking restaurants. Those faggots sure can cook.
>>
>>67824509
This has nothing to do with it. If I made minimum wage 1 dollar a day, it's still cheaper to replace the people with automation.
>>
>>67823971
A good production line has supporting documentation that essentially turns maintenance into a check-list.

You don't really need an advanced skill set to maintain properly designed equipment.
>>
>>67823980
Not really. Also, companies that are really, really big and have enormous volume can make better deals at lower prices. Many suppliers drop their prices to sell to high volume companies. That's how Walmart got so rich.

>>67824033
Which prices? Banks have a very different structure than other goods.
>>
>>67824381
do you understand supply/demand?

>competition

Yet people pay an extra dollar to eat at Chipotle instead of the knockoff right next door.
>>
>>67821264

Fine by me.

Less chance of some dumb nigger messing with my food.
>>
>>67821958
1000x this. Give me a robot over Taquesha Trayvon Johnson any day
>>
What's funny is when you replace all employees at fast food establishments, you will also eliminate the uncertainty of food that has been served or prepared in less-than-ideal hygienic conditions.

Also, food will look like it was made for the commercials instead of looking like somebody stomped on it and then covered it with nothing but lettuce.

I'm for it.
>>
>>67824945

This, also.
>>
>>67824754
Most of the US fastfood chains don't have direct competition. No one picks Burger King because it's cheaper than In and Out. They pick it because it's the least worst option around them.
>>
>>67824540
Source?

>>67824635
lol, no.

And you even had the nerve to say
> literal basic economics

Maybe you should study it.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 720x1008) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 720x1008
Always knew it was runned by this cuck
>>
>>67821264
The question is why would anyone go to an automated restaurant when all of the equipment could fit inside a large vending machine. Hell automating it would essentially turn the store into a giant vending machine.

Then someone comes along, actually puts the equipment into the form-factor it is best suited towards, saves on land and shop maintenance costs and undercuts his entire business.

Once automated fast food assembly becomes reliable, having actual people would be a restaurant's only point of differentiation.
>>
>>67825039
Source? I work in the industry, but feel free to google it.
>>
>>67821264
>Automation is just going to keep being a bigger and bigger problem in the future. We're already seeing jobs disappear due to automation, and its just going to get worse.

being this Autistic. Do you really want people doing menial tasks like flipping burgers and punching buttons on a screen? 98% of the labor force used to be involved in agriculture, did automation of the agriculture industry lead to ruin or are we better off because of it?
>>
>>67824754
you're in brazil. not in america. you can't say "they don't have a monopoly" when there's maybe at most three different places to choose from. two small scale and the only large scale. i know specifically because i'm looking into opening my own place. i've done my research. (are you kidding me intensifies)
>>
>>67822081
it will still pay for itself, just slower, also LOL i that book in your pic actually exists, thats fucking great
>>
>>67825146
Most of these fast food places order from one or two suppliers.
>>
>>67825039
rent prices change on a monthly bases unless you're able to get a contract that set a steady price. then again, that contract only lasts a year.

then again, keep trying to tell me how american business is conducted from brazil.
>>
>>67821264

>Scary stuff.

It's not, this clearly bait for tech news websites.

Carls Jr, like all smart companies, enjoy the power zero hours contracts give them over their employees. Equipment can't be told to fuck off if it doesn't work. Likewise, it ties Carls Jr into a larger company, with much more powerful employees.

Automation doesn't happen unless wages are obscenely high, the work extremely dangerous or the sheer volume required justifies the more efficient operation.

And more importantly, automation can't happen at Carls Jr because it's a franchise system full of kikes that don't want to make the investment.
>>
>>67823671
Kevin, tyrone and (insert female sjw millenial name) will never ever meet the specifications.
It wouldnt make any sense, since they will only increase the competetion.
It is pretty simple: Robots do work you would usually need people for. Where do those people go?
It is illogical to assume that robots create more jobs than they take away since that would be a contradiction in itself. Well you need a high amount of smugness to make this mental framework based on SJW axioms work, just like you suggested.

Well we could indeed make more HR departments where people get employed with useless shit degrees to discuss wether or not the robot looks to female and is subjugating the the patriarchy by serving costumers.
Then you could hire people to evalute the male or femaleness of serving costumers. Is it a traditional male buisness or is it female since most of the waitresses have been female just like the sterotypical hollywood movie where a waitress would serve the protagonist coffee in her sterotypical dress.
And then you could create jobs designing gender neutral waitress dresses and put those into context with western or for example asian culture since asian culture is different to ours.
And then you could put people into work discussing if it is cultural appropriation if the dresses of the robots are too asian.
Furthermore we need people to estimate white privilelge if the robot is in dark paint and would reenforce sterotypes.

Well if you do that then you can put the same amount of people into jobs like those who have been subidized. Just a matter of creativity.
After all it would divert from the real problem and keep the machinery running. Create a problem, and then offer a half assed solution.
It only makes sense to put more "acdemics" touching these subjects.
>>
>>67824893
>do you understand supply/demand?
Yes, I do. More than you do.

>Yet people pay an extra dollar to eat at Chipotle instead of the knockoff right next door.

You think prices don't affect demand?

Some people pay more for a BMW than they pay for a FIAT. Does that mean if FIAT got much cheaper than they currently are, they wouldn't sell more?

>>67825018
McDonalds and Burger King are direct competitors.
>>
>>67821264
Jobs will become more limited, but they will still be available. Things will just be extraordinarily cheap, due to them being cheap to create. Yeah, you'll have doctors and lawyers. But you'll have waiters and drivers, too. I have no problem with living comfortably on 10 hours per week, even if there are people who can fill an Olympic swimming pool with 1,000 dollar bills.

I don't care about other people's wage. I care about living comfortably, with time for leisure.
>>
>>67825233
tell me how many people make commercial ovens.
>>
>>67821264
If these robots start thinking, they will release that they can powerful than humans and the war begins.
kek
>>
>>67823811
>>67823671
what? The robot maintenance etc jobs will not "replace" the low income burger flipper jobs. They will only increase slightly relative to the number of low income jobs that the robots themselves take up but it is not going to be enough to make up for it. instead of 5 fast food places employing 70 people between them you will have 5 fast food places employing 20 or less people between themselves and there will be a robot maintenance crew of 2-3 people who have to deal with issues every other month, if that. The few guys that still work at the store for minimum wage will be able to fix minor mechanical glitches the robots have and for anything major that requires they will just call a part time mechanic to come in and look at it.

Thats how it worked at the factory i worked at last year. The machines would screw up a few times a day but all that usually entailed was having one of the minimum wage workers press the stop button, pull a piece of debris out of the treadmill then hitting the start button.
>>
>>67824635
That's complete extortion though. And it doesn't matter, simply threatening to switch to another supplier would be enough to get them to shut up about wanting more money since losing an entire chain would be a huge fucking loss.
>>
>>67825363
Wut? Automation happens when the technology evolves for it to happen. Period. It has nothing to do with how much an employee costs per hour.

It's always cheaper to automate than rely on people for no skill work.
>>
Good. Elysium seemed like a pretty good idea tbqh.
>>
corporations that automate their work should be stripped of their corporate charter and their limited liability status. government grant corporations legal privileges because society benefits from employment. if corporations aren't employing people, then their owners shouldn't receive any government benefits like limited liability status, contract arbitration, etc.
>>
>>67821264

would the price of the burgers go down?

the answer is no. keep the jobs
>>
>>67825410
Yeah, and no one picks one over the other for price reasons.
>>
>>67821682

Always.

Also: just look at how cartoonish and hypersexualized their commercials are. That'll let you know who is in charge.
>>
I live in SF and tried Eatsa. Shit is pretty tasty and only $7.
>>
>>67825410
if fiat lowered prices, they'd have a different target market.

supply and demand SETS prices. price doesn't affect supply or demand.
>>
>>67825123
>Source? I work in the industry, but feel free to google it.

Great answer. Not that different from SJWs saying they suffered discrimination personally when someone asks them for evidence of their claims.

>>67825146
>>67825324
Do you really think that a company would risk losing supplying to a large chain by increasing their prices (compared to how they sell to other chains)? Rich companies with huge volumes usually pay lower prices than other ones, due to how high their volume is. That's how InBev got so rich. That's what Walmart does, as well.

You are really talking out of your ass. It doesn't make any difference if I'm in Brazil, Australia or France.
>>
>>67825608
it happens all the time. when you have a line out your door, and you rent, the person you rent from will increase your rent.
>>
Someone still has to cook the food tho. The robots just serve it.
>>
>>67822784
it depends on the type of labor. Fast Food is one thing because pre-programing machines to make specific types of food is not hard and has actually been possible for a long time.

Manuel labor, such as building a deck, or landscaping ect... is a bit farther off from being eliminated. There are many more possible circumstances that could come up in those types of jobs and we aren't even close to the technology for robots in those industries.
>>
>>67823088
you do have a great point but just to be an arguing faggot:
What prevents Carls Jr. or the hypothetical fast food restaurant in this scenario from going to another vendor who keeps their prices the same?
>>
>>67825916
walmart figured exactly who had how much money... they are the ones who really set this practice into stone.
>>
>>67821264
The military is always recruiting, if you aren't too fat.
>>
I actually work at a McDonalds right now (Because I'm in college). I actually feel pretty safe, since I work the drive-through. I don't see that job getting automated for a long time, existing speech-recognition programs are garbage, and if someone has a really bad accent, sometimes I cant even understand them.

So, not all fast food jobs are currently "at-risk", just the kitchen positions.
>>
File: 1458018569375.gif (821 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
1458018569375.gif
821 KB, 500x208
>>67821264
This wasn't a problem when the Democrats wanted to send all the manufacturing jobs overseas via NAFTA and GATT, whats the problem now do you bigots hate robots or something .
>>
Well the workers that own the means of production should start their own shitty fast food chain. Oh wait workers are generally retarded and have no ambition, nevermind.
>>
>>67822442
Or shock these fast food workers can open their own business.

Nope. Jews made laws to make starting your own business the toughest it's ever been
>>
>>67821936
wow hahaha
>>
>>67826041

if you're smart enough they'll even take you if you're fat.

fat camp isn't any fun though
>>
>>67826016
supply of vendors.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/restaurant-equipment.html

look how expensive this stuff is.
>>
>>67821264

> Work that has to be done by many people could be done by fewer people.
> This is a bad thing

If you want to keep busy OP, you should try hauling loads of merchandise across the country with horse-drawn wagons. It would be less than 200 times as efficient as using a trucker with his evil machine.

There's your solution OP: stop being a hamburger flipper and start being a cart driver.

By the way, do you have any experience building pyramids? People like you should be used for those sorts of things. Also, no one believes your "there is a Carl's Jr. near me." You work at a Carl's Jr, and you're too dumb and lazy to aspire to anything more or find another job when you're replaced.

You will not be missed.
>>
>>67825761
Yes, they do.

Are you going to say that demand doesn't affect quantity?

>>67825839
>price doesn't affect supply or demand.

You are completely ignorant. Go read an Economics 101 textbook. Why do you think price ceilings and price floors have negative outcomes for the economy, idiot?

Also, apologize. You don't know shit about Economics and you are trying to teach other people about it.
>>
>>67826139
>starting a business is hard
no its not, thats a libertarian meme
do you know how many illiterate mexicans own businesses where i live?
>>
>>67826041
great i get paid by the robot overlord to murder my family and friends before i get euthanized
>>
>>67825916
I feel bad that you can't handle google. Cost of goods needs to be under 35-30% and labor should be about 25%. For QSR.

The industry will adapt self service kiosks and robots as they become faster than humans. That's the real reason. Speed of service. No one is going to lower their prices.
>>
>>67823807
That is true but what can in n out do? Make a superstore thats fucking 30,000 square feet? Their stores and drive thru space are just as big as any other fast food chain its just that they are so good that they get too much customers, and their burgers are so good that those customers are willing to wait 20 minutes in line to get one
>>
lol. STEM majors are shitting their pants now. Easy jobs like chemistry and engineering is the next to go, as they are already 75% done by computers and machines already.
>>
File: 1449129873497.jpg (10 KB, 359x355) Image search: [Google]
1449129873497.jpg
10 KB, 359x355
>>67821264
Why on earth would you call this a problem?
Do you also think it is a problem that bottle making for drinks is automated?
That butter churning is automated?
Automation is almost always a good thing and the fact that it is 2016 and most menial jobs that can be done by robots aren't being done by robots is a dying shame.
Having human being waste most of their time doing boring menial jobs when robots can do them and do them better is completely illogical and anyone who is against automatic should be gassed.
We should always push towards modernization. We shouldn't want people working menial jobs. Thats fucking retarded.
>oh man I love working in the back of a clothing store and spending 8 hours a day scanning the tags of clothes items
>I totally don't want a robot doing it and doing it 100x faster
>oy veyyy

Why are some people so blatantly stupid...?
>>
File: 1457850228996.jpg (76 KB, 960x922) Image search: [Google]
1457850228996.jpg
76 KB, 960x922
>>67821264
>i will soon live in a future where my order doesn't get fucked up by some mexican shit

i want this future today
>>
>>67826253
shut the fuck up Texas you cuck.
>Gas the robots judgement day now!
>>
>>67822056

> No consumers

Consumers waste resources.

Having less people and the same amount of production means you have more wealth per person. There will be the same number of hamburgers, and more helicopters, doctors and magnet trains.
>>
>>67826582
Seriously. Consistency and speed are the two biggest concerns when it comes to fast food.
>>
>>67825917
>>67825917
>>67825917
That's renting. We're talking about a restaurant. Which again, if your supplier started demanding more money just because you have higher profit margins, you're a fucking retard if you don't switch suppliers, or just threaten to and watch them back down.
Not every single vendor is going to jack up their prices, that's price fixing

Also is captcha fucking up for anyone else? It's refusing to accept my answers, and pictures are fading as I click them and turning into different ones.
>>
>>67826582

no. now you get to argue with a cute robot waifu who cries if you tell her your food is wrong
>>
>>67826039
Walmart buy in high volume at low prices and sell with high volumes at low profit margins.

>>67826016
He doesn't have a good point.
Try to sell the same products you sell to Pepsico at a higher price to Coca Cola because they are market leaders and see how well they will take it. They will cut you away and get a new supplier that will be more than happy to sell to Coca Cola at huge, steady volumes and low profit margins.
>>
>>67822056
His game plan works short term which is all that matters to most CEOs. As other companies begin to automate all their jobs, then the race to the bottom really gets going. The companies that take too long to automate will be the ones to lose out on the pre-crash profits.
>>
>>67825042
This fucking pic
Lel
>>
>>67821785

Universal Basic Income. Basically the idea is that automation will get so big that machines will replace most of the manual work force and that this is inevitable. Under our current system an incredibly large portion of workers would be out of a job and all the higher tier STEM stuff and other shit would be bloated with people trying to get a job just to survive.

UBI is a socialist backed idea where everyone gets gibs, even workers, so that the economy can be maintained in a world where things like production are completely automated.

Otherwise under the free market nobody will be able to buy the shit your company bought robots to make in the first place.
>>
>>67823165
>Not supprised, Leftist want a high minimum wage, CEO says fuck that robots, can replace their dumb asses. Put me in a factory welding those metal machines.
lol, these are the Trump supporters. Astounding. No wonder you will forever be poor.
>>
>>67821264
Rubioooooooooo he left the world of politics to become an ATM machine
>>
>>67825398
put everyone to work building/designing space ships and then send them out to colonize shit. build a bunch of shitty moon bases or mars bases and get every free clever mind thinking about how to get further and last longer
>>
>>67826726
Food isn't wal mart. Literally no one says "Let's go to burger king instead of mcdonalds they have cheaper fries"

Price isn't a factor when people choose one over the other. Maybe it is in poor ass brazil where even a nickel matters.
>>
>>67826060
You dont need speech recognition. You can just a touch screen for customers to place orders like Eatsa. Easta even lets you order with your phone.
>>
>>67826368
>I feel bad that you can't handle google.
I feel bad you are a burger flipper.
But you still didn't give source.
>>
File: 1456199480661.png (68 KB, 577x511) Image search: [Google]
1456199480661.png
68 KB, 577x511
>>67821264

>He doesn't use the self check-out at the grocery store

one
two
alakazoo
shiggy diggy wriggy figgy what's wrong with you?
>>
>>67821958

>They are also cheaper, meaning the burgers will be cheaper, as well.

only retards believe this
>>
>>67824502
Well that is true in its own aspect but doesnt touch the solution to it.
It doesnt matter if robots or mexicans replace them, what matters is that those who would have done the jobs get compensated because they cannot go anywhere else. Well you could say the can go somewhere else but in most cases they just increase the competition in a fixed amount of positions. Kevin the burger flipper wont become a rocket scientist and even if he could manage that there is just one spot and tyrone and juan (the spider) also somehow worked to his degree in being a rocket scientist.
>>
>>67826913
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/common-food-labor-cost-percentages-14700.html

Jesus you lazy Hue.
>>
>>67821264
>finally get my order right
this is a good thing
>>
>>67826758
>Universal Basic Income. Basically the idea is that automation will get so big that machines will replace most of the manual work force and that this is inevitable.
The problem is that the people who own the robots will never share their profits willingly. There is no way they would agree to it, and the only leverage the average person has/had is striking -- which will be meaningless in a full automation economy.
>>
>>67821264
Good. That's real progress, unlike the minimum wage and other nonsense.
>>
>>67826952
if there was stiff competition it would
>>
OH NO WE DON'T NEED USELESS CUNTS ANYMORE EVERYONE WHO IS USELESS PANIC
>>
>>67826946
As a former employee at Walmart I can say with confidence the average person is somehow too stupid to use those as of now
>>
>>67827026
came in here to say this

i just want what i ordered
>>
>>67826881
>Food isn't wal mart. Literally no one says "Let's go to burger king instead of mcdonalds they have cheaper fries"
>Price isn't a factor when people choose one over the other. Maybe it is in poor ass brazil where even a nickel matters.

Do you have any evidence that McDonalds burgers are perfectly inelastic?
If that is the case, why doesn't McDonalds just increase the price of their burgers?
>>
>>67821264
>>just going to get worse

That's right. Anything that can be automated, will be. If you don't have some technical know-how , you better get learnin' or you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>67823971
Doesn't matter because AA and diversity quotas will get them those jobs over more qualified white people.
>>
>>67826907

Order with phone might work, for a small percentage of customers, but I dont really see outdoor touchscreen doing anything but annoying the customers and making them wonder why they didnt just go inside.
>>
>>67821264
He doesn't want to fire people, he wants to remain competative in a free market and that means keeping outgoings low. One way to do that would be to pay workers less since they're doing a job that could be automated, however min wage laws prevent that.

This is poor people getting what the deserve when they try and force others to pay inflated wages using the force of the government, pretty basic economics desu.
>>
>>67827136
My fucking tastebuds and literally anyone you ask on the street. Go head "would you go to burger king over McDonalds if they sold their burgers for a quarter less, even though you prefer the taste of McDonalds? "

What do you prefer, coke or pepsi?
>>
>>67827032

they'd have to. no one buying shit means no one gets rich
>>
Muh Basic Income

has to now include 20 million amnestied Mexicans who were imported to do jobs that no longer exist
>>
>>67826946
If I have more than like 4 things in one bag, I go to the check out lane.

They pay people to do that shit. I'm not working for free.

BTW my ban on my good goy pass is up in a half hour and I'm super excited.
>>
>>67826999
There, better.
25% to 35% is still a pretty large number. Much more so in a market that is as competitive as fast food chains.
>>
>>67827032

Shit gets really weird when you imagine an economy where most of the work force is composed of non-humans.

I guess it would be like southern slave based economy? Would the rich even maintain the value of the money they hoard when no one can make it?
>>
>>67826311
price is set by supply and demand, holy fuck.

>thinking businesses just randomly price things and see where the demand is at, instead of pricing based OFF of supply and demand
>>
>>67821264
>people not wanting man kind to progress because muh jobs.
>>
>>67821264

The robot won't jack off into the special sauce, progress.
>>
>>67827462
He must be a student. Doesn't yet realize that supply and demand aren't the only factors in price.
>>
>>67827373

they'll just create a bounty for illegals

bring in 1: get food for a week for your family
bring in 5: thats a free pass in the automated car network for a month
100: BAM! college education!
>>
>>67827325
I repeat the same question again:

>If that is the case, why doesn't McDonalds just increase the price of their burgers?

If they can sell at the same quantity at a higher price, why don't they just do that? Are they really that nice?
>>
>>67826693
and when you go to a new supplier, and have been in business, that supplier may talk. they may ask you, why do you want to start conducting business with us. instead of you rprevious supplier?

seeing as you've already said no to one supplier, the supply of suppliers is now less.
>>
>>67821264
>muh $15 for flipping burgers
This is the future you chose. I don't think it will be a widespread thing though since most people like having human servers.
>>
>>67823971
My friend worked at McDonald's before he got hired as an computer engineer for 75k a year. Not everyone who works at shitty restaurants are dumber than you, I'd bet most of them are smarter than you considered your retarded world view. ITT: Fat shits excited about a cheaper fat boy burger.
>>
this can't happen soon enough

one step closer to basic income and less interaction with fucks
>>
>>67827080
I'm amazed some of the pond scum I see struggling with the self checkout could even drive themselves to the store

But being stuck behind a literal retard trying to find the 'potato' option on the produce selection screen is infinitely less painful than being stuck behind a Dindu Factory single mom paying for her junk food with cards and paying for her smokes and alcohol with cash.
>>
File: borg[1].jpg (45 KB, 475x315) Image search: [Google]
borg[1].jpg
45 KB, 475x315
>>67821264

Sounds like a great idea. It will lower prices and free humans up to do something more fulfilling and productive than assemble burgers.
>>
>>67827188

>Mfw I make $11 an hour working mcd drive through

I'm overpaid desu, I'm just a college lad looking for some spending money and bus fare.
>>
I guess teens and college students won't get any jobs then
>>
>>67827502
I think first we need a big war to lower population by a lot then increase all jobs to automated machines so the few that are left can enjoy it without the protests
Currently it just causes too much mess
>>
>>67827462
Do you really think that supply and demand are not affected by prices?
If suddenly FIAT decides to increase the prices of their cars by 10x, would demand still be the same?

>>67827538
I'm actually an economist that works in the private sector.

You are an ignorant idiot who thinks fast food burgers are perfectly inelastic.
>>
>>67827136
target market
>>
File: 1452204594060.jpg (37 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1452204594060.jpg
37 KB, 480x270
>automation is becoming more of a """problem"""
>PROBLEM

>NOT HAVING TO TAP BUTTONS AND MAKE CHANGE IS A PROBLEM
>HAVING TO DO LESS SUPERFLUOUS THINGS
>A PROBLEM

what brand of retarded do you people have?
>>
>>67827637
In most cases if you have over 10 items you'd be out much faster going through a regular lane desu
>>
>>67827459

The rich don't hoard money, they hoard ownership.
>>
>>67823235
What? Robots don't deserve the tip? Racist.
>>
>>67827606
You have no idea how things work in the real world.
>>
>>67825444
Yeah but prices aren't falling despite all of our increased productivity, wages aren't rising, and hours aren't dropping. All the excess wealth has gone straight to the top or out of the country entirely.
>>
>we need to lower the population because jobs will begin to get automated
>we need to increase the population by importing third world savages to pay into our old people programz
I keep getting conflicted messages.
>>
>>67821936
Awkward.
>>
>>67821264
Bring it on.

I welcome the new AI over lords.
>>
If you're a man you should NEVER EVER eat at Carl's Jr.

The marketing for their food is targeted directly at men. It's also the most unhealthy food on the fast food market. They also use the lowest quality ingredients.

Remember, that outside of CA Carl's Jr is called Hardees. Don't eat that shit ever.
>>
>>67822764
>He replied.
Fuck.
>>
>>67827615
>most people like having human servers
I actually like interacting with self-checkout over humans. It's faster and I don't have to deal with the cashier's shitty attitude. Progress.
>>
>>67827871
>target market

This is not a good answer.

If quantity sold doesn't depend on prices, why doesn't McDonalds just not raise their prices? This is free profits.
>>
>>67828154
ill back you up on that

-carl karcher grandson
>>
>>67827787
literally google "supply demand curve"
price is SET by supply and demand.

many businesses lose out on a lot of money by "undercutting" their businesses. they think they are smart and that demand will increase, but then they wonder why people think they are a dinky little restaurant.
>>
>>67827616

KEK fast food worker detected, you're just salty your McDonalds application got rejected and now all you're good for is cleaning the toilets at Wendys.
>>
>>67827160
You really think the negative effects won't be socialized? Don't be naive, this shit isn't going to happen in a vacuum. It will have ripple effects.

It's time society start looking at the Silicon Revolution as being as big if not bigger than the industrial revolution. This will only speed up.
>>
>>67821936
Wew lad
>>
>>67824662
Eatsa serves meme food that is appropriate for its area but could easily serve cheeseburgers and pizza instead.
>>
>>67823671

The "people will find new jobs" meme.
There are a lot of people on this planet with no marketable skills whatsoever, they are literally useless in terms of economic growth.
>>
>>67827963
agreed, and I also get to eyefuck the cute, chubby latina bagging girl as a bonus

downside, my store is next to a literal housing project so it's packed with the niggest human trash and most of them understand they're too stupid to self checkout so they all clog the regular lanes and pay with EBT and vouchers or pay in pennies and take forever
>>
>>67827657
But would you rather lose your job along with tens or hundreds of thousands of others and all enter the job market looking for new jobs based on your current skills. Or take a few bucks price cut.

Given that taking a price cut is only going to mean that the cost of living is going down because it's becoming cheaper to produce this stuff (so your money buys more anyway)
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-01+at+08.32.39)[1].jpg (38 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-01+at+08.32.39)[1].jpg
38 KB, 500x404
>all these comments saying automation is great
Yeah think of all of those fast food workers who now with no job will have their days freed up to coon your shit.

But seriously automation is going to be a huge issue, transportation employs a huge section of the economy once that gets automated (e.g. self driving trucks etc) social security will probably fold under the weight of paying unemployment and loss of tax base.
>>
>>67828040
>because people don't negotiate

>>67828233

target market. they target a very specific market. they can raise prices, which would bring in a new target market, but also leave out the previous target market. demand effectively stays the same. quantity effectively stays the same.
>>
>>67828154
their burgers are garbage tier but the chicken strips are breddy gud
>>
>>67828457
>they are literally useless in terms of economic growth
higher living costs will cause them to reproduce less, meaning they will die off in a few generations
>>
>>67821958
Yep, fewer points of disgusting failure. Like the story about the guy pissing in corn flakes last week.
>>
>>67828457
The meme won't die because people are stupid.

They can't get it through their head that just like how the agrarian lifestyle pre-industrial revolution is foreign to us, so will the current wage employment lifestyle will be a foreign world.

The economy won't create new jobs, not as we now understand them. It will be wholly different.
>>
File: 8a01424a.jpg (310 KB, 1400x952) Image search: [Google]
8a01424a.jpg
310 KB, 1400x952
>>67825738

Do you also want to get rid of washing machines?
>>
>>67828290
I repeat the question:

>Do you really think that supply and demand are not affected by prices?

>If suddenly FIAT decides to increase the prices of their cars by 10x, would demand still be the same?

Would McDonalds sell the same amount of burgers if their price increase 10x?

Supply and demand are affected by prices. Prices are affected by supply and demand. You fucking idiot.
That's the reason why Econometrics have models dealing with instrumental variables.
>>
>>67828524
Exactly. Since it's inevitable governments need to start taking proactive steps to prepare for it and try to make the transition livable.
>>
>>67821413
>Robots will take jobs that are currently taken by illegal immigrants.

How long have you been here? What is it you don't understand? Those low income jobs belong to real American citizens, specifically the niggers so they don't leech of the welfare state and turn to crime.
>>
>>67828661
We have other uses for women.
>>
>>67828727
supply and demand set price
demand would still stay the same. however, the supply of money coming from customers would change. this would cause an increase in supply of cars, as people don't have the supply of money to buy the car they demand. this will cause the price of the car to decrease.
>>
>>67828500

I said in a previous post, I find it unlikely my position will be lost any time soon, since I work the drive-through position.. I dont see outdoor tablets for order-taking being popular with customers, and speech-recognition software is awful.

Also, they cant cut my pay, the minimum wage here is $11/ hour.
>>
Robots don't go on strike
Robots don't get sick(not really still needs repairs)
Robots don't get killed by niggers robbing the place
Robots don't get paid

Legit slavery [spoiler]until the revolution[/spoiler]
>>
>>67821264

I would love to be able to go out to eat and never have to deal with another person. Self checkout is a god send. No more dealing with stupid poor people jokes when I just want to buy my toilet paper and leave.

>inb4 the machines start asking for tips
>>
>>67828530
>because people don't negotiate

They do. And you have no idea how good some big, lucrative company such as Inbev can negotiate with their suppliers.

>target market. they target a very specific market. they can raise prices, which would bring in a new target market, but also leave out the previous target market. demand effectively stays the same. quantity effectively stays the same.

If the quantity stays the same, but just the target market changesm why not don't they just move to the market that will pay at a higher price?

Say, there are two markets:

Market A will buy 10,000,000 burgers at $10
Market B will buy 10,000,000 burgers at $100

Burgers are identical and have the same costs.

Why don't you raise your price to $100 and only sell to market B?

Do you realize now how dumb you are?
>>
File: 1257343274498.jpg (38 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1257343274498.jpg
38 KB, 720x480
>>67827950
People have this misconception that jobs exist because people need to work when in reality jobs exist because there is work that needs to be done. Obviously the issue of there being not enough jobs for the people needs to be addressed by something like basic income and slowing population growth but in the end of the day humans have a natural instinct to automate everything just as we have in countless industries that don't exist anymore due to automation.
>>
>>67821802
Fuck you, I'm eating
>>
>>67822056
We're only talking fast food here. When I lived in a small town, it was something like 200 fast food employees serving 10,000 people.

All this means is that people will need to get real jobs.
>>
>>67827370
They'd rather you just die. Money is just a representation of things you can purchase. People won't be needed to make the things, so less people means everyone left gets more. Why would they pay you to sit at home and breed when society continuously demands fewer participants?

In the past there were never enough people to do all the work that was desired. Industrialization changed this, and some people misconstrue this to say that every automation and technological improvement will maintain the same level of employment. But we can easily see today that we had to invent bullshit careers that benefited no one but the people working them to do that, as we have machines to make machines supervised only by a handful of individuals. We've gone over the hill and will see lower and lower employment going forth until the population finally stops growing and recedes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.