[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People become liberals out of misplaced empathy. Eliminate empathy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: o6XQs0G.jpg (170 KB, 1365x915) Image search: [Google]
o6XQs0G.jpg
170 KB, 1365x915
People become liberals out of misplaced empathy. Eliminate empathy, eliminate liberalism. It's the perfect solution.
>>
File: 50558056.jpg (44 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
50558056.jpg
44 KB, 192x262
>mfw the only reason I would get rid of empathy is so I could get away with my own personal genocide
>>
Fuck you Ghandi I am not opening my borders and you cannot have Leathers I don't care if you will declare war you have to give me a city for Leathers.
>>
>>67807018
I'm a liberal, what empathy of mine is misplaced?
>>
empathy is simply a cover for wanting destruction.
>>
>>67810007
What? I don't want destruction at all. I want a balance between freedom, prosperity and stability.
>>
Misplaced empathy does not mean empathy is bad. "Liberals" would rather have people dependent on the government for short term needs, forever. True empathy is that of a patient parent, understanding that your child needs to struggle and fail to become a better person. It's hard letting it happen, but far better for them in the long run. Bernie wants to give out a billion fish, just like Jesus. Personally I'd rather we just teach people to fish.
>>
>>67810148
>balanced stability.
>>
>>67810760
Yes, they are that retarded.
>>
>>67807018
Look up the prisoner's dilemma.

Progressives want to play the "cooperate" card with people who play the "defect" card and they want to play the "defect" card with people who want to play the "cooperate" card.

They utilize the worst possible strategy for human interaction consistently.

Rational people use the "cooperate" card when there is evidence that it will be reciprocated by other parties.

In other words, there's nothing wrong with empathy, you just have to use it wisely with people who will return that empathy.
>>
>>67810760
Okay. Do you have anything to say, you're basically a bot with your meaningless answer.

>>67811065
I wouldn't be talkin shit.
>>
File: 1430168914829.png (190 KB, 396x473) Image search: [Google]
1430168914829.png
190 KB, 396x473
Can empathy cause harm?
If yes then why is it universally considered to be "sinless" and absolute virtue?
>>
>>67811270
Why not libtard?
>>
you can see they have no empathy at all. They treat niggers as if they had no brain when they show up to speak for them

And masturbate to white men going away. Humiliation is their game for sure. the complete absence of empathy
>>
>>67811184
ding ding ding ding
here have a nice scientific study
http://jcr.sagepub.com/content/50/6/926
>>
>>67807018
it's actually projected self-loathing disguised as empathy, lol
>>
>>67811359
ty
>>
>>67811336
Because you have trouble deciphering basic things that I've said.
>>
>>67811474
I feel like this is a bait post.
>>
>>67811539
I'm reading your posts and you called me retarded for making a pretty neutral and agreeable post. If your next post has nothing of substance I'm just going to filter your mindless nonsense.
>>
>>67811278
There is no innocence, only varying degree of guilt.
>>
>>67807018
it's not misplaced empathy, it's fake empathy

a liberal will pretend to be "egalitarian" just to pat themselves on the back over their self-proclaimed moral superiority.

you don't want to eliminate empathy, you want to eliminate pretentious
>>
This is why liberalism is barely a thing in Asia.

Gooks have no empathy.

It is mostly a white people thing.
>>
>>67809303

Any bit of it aimed at someone that is different than you

In that case it is sympathy, not empathy. There is no virtue in sympathy
>>
>>67811278
Empathy is, by itself, a form of self-harm. Psychological, but harm nonetheless.
It will drive you to adopt decisions which are counterproductive to your well being, therefore negating every human instinct, particularly self-preservation.
>>
>>67807018
Empathy is necessary for civilization.

Nuggets lack empathy.
>>
>>67811808
Alright. You said you want a balance between freedom, prosperity and stability. Just how do you hope to accomplish such a thing?
>>
>tfw never felt empathy
psychopath master race reporting in
>>
http://www.orgonomy.org/articles/Baker/The_True_Liberal_The_Modern_Liberal.html
>>
>>67807018
Then we become china and we'll watch kids get run over by trucks to be left on the sidewalk like roadkill

A certain amount of empathy, and liberalism, is needed.
>>
>>67811938
I see why you would say this Spain-bro, but empathy is grounded in cooperation, and cooperation, when reciprocated by all involved parties, is a great strategy for self-preservation and acting in self-interest.
>>
>>67807018
leftists don't really have empathy, it's all about them feeling good about themselves and being self-righteous. Also they don't support others with their own money and resources, they want to make everyone else pay for it.
>>
>>67811924
>Any bit of it aimed at someone that is different than you

This is textbook projection. You have a feeling so you tell yourself that everyone else thinks and feels the same way. Empathy means that you have experienced the same misfortune as someone else and can feel the same pain, sympathy is feeling sorry for.

>>67811987
Socially liberal policies.
>>
>human trash memesters discussing empathy
>>
Have true empathy by letting people help themselves.
>>
>>67812142

If the child is black will you faggots help?
>>
>>67812237
You're advocating for more polices that have lead us down this road to disaster in the first place? When are you ever going to learn that it doesn't work.
>>
>>67812556
Of course, then again I don't think like most of these cunts.
>>
>>67812615
That's a ridiculous oversimplification of all the concepts involved.
>>
>>67812158
Agreed, after giving a thought.
Empathy, cooperation, loyalty. Positive values, when reciprocated. Corrupted or misused, they give rise to "liberal moral".
Writing like Dr Solus now.
>>
>>67812556
Woah watch those words, big brother Will kick down your door and you go the stockafe
>>
>>67812694
I don't think it is considering social liberal policies have been widely adopted in much of the capitalist world.
>>
>>67812925
The Western world also beats the rest of the world in just about every fucking category so I don't see how this is helping your point.
>>
>>67813082
that's merely a side effect of being White
>>
>>67813082
The western world hasn't always adopted these policies. What you're experiencing now is the fruits of all the combined efforts by real red blooded Americans.
>>
>>67813204
Okay. That doesn't support his point in any way.

>>67813268
The western world has adopted socially liberal policies for the past 100 years or so and it's lead to the most successful and progressive time in human history.
>>
>>67813382
It turns out that the tide hasn't rolled back from the more nationalistic time yet. But don't worry, America is getting there.
>>
>>67813519
Patriotism or nationalism are not mutually exclusive from social liberalism. Neo-liberalism and cosmopolitan perspectives are new concepts that aren't shared by much of the left and liberal.
>>
>>67813519
You know what, this is a waste of fucking time man. I've been off /pol/ for a while and coming back for one thread is enough to remind me that almost no one here is informed or interested in well thought out and developed opinions. This is all about memes and shitposting, this is a soothsaying fascist doomsday frog meme cult on 4chan and it will always be /b/ of a different flavor. Educate yourself.
>>
>>67813669
That's true. But unlike myself, modern leftists don't put their country first. They are essentially welfare queens.
>>
>>67813382
that's a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy

being White is the cause of both socially liberal policies and our success as a race
>>
>>67813921
>educate yourself

You should know this is a typical SJW retort when they give up
>>
File: bastiatplunder.jpg (164 KB, 680x960) Image search: [Google]
bastiatplunder.jpg
164 KB, 680x960
>>67809303
Anything that falls under
>we need to use the government to help x at the expense of others
>>
>>67813937
>Leftists don't put their country first

Leftist here. I'd say I'm serving my country quite well by paying taxes, having no criminal record, and spending a few spares hours doing community service monthly.
>>
>>67814161
I know alot of leftest who do, but when I look at left compared to the right, I see people that just want to give a man a fish, and not teach a man to fish.
>>
>>67807018
>misplaced empathy

eliminate misplaced epathy you fucking retard.

empathy is preferred for any society to exist.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.