[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How useful will a computer science degree be in the future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: DA.gif (840 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
DA.gif
840 KB, 500x281
How useful will a computer science degree be in the future?
>>
About as useful as the toilet paper Pajeet doesn't wipe with

--IF Trump doesn't win.
>>
Practically useless cause AI. Engineering is where its at.
>>
It's a meme degree.
>>
>>67801760
Kek no.

>>67801716
Reminder that most Indians currently alive will never even use the internet. Not to mention most Indians are fucking awful programmers. I work free lance and fixing projects started by Indians is over half my work.

You get what you pay for.
>>
hm idk do you have to turn in a resume to go into fag clubs where you live? i have an AA in engineering and that's enough
>>
About as useful as a degree in poetry analysis. There is more than enough people who can program, if you have a programming job then just hire a indian to do it for 1/4 of your pay, then you will provide work for nothing and can spend your time doing something else.
>>
I don't know about at most schools, but my university computer science was taught in a retarded way. You basically learned everything on your own while the instructors served as 'guides' to help you along. It was just assumed you'd learn new languages on your own.

I think it should have been taught like a rigorous music course with guided training and drills of necessary programming skills before getting creative.
>>
>>67802531
Same here man.
>>
>>67802237
computer science isn't just programming

it's like you don't know anything about the subject but feel the need to weigh in on it anyways
>>
>>67802531
>I think it should have been taught like a rigorous music course with guided training and drills of necessary programming skills before getting creative.

Agree with this, they barely teach you anything employable in computer science.

>b-b-but computer science isn't programming!

But it should be, because there are no jobs outside academia where non-programming computer science stuff is needed.

OP, just make sure you actually learn to code. This means doing a lot of extra shit on top of your classes and assignments. Don't graduate without being able to show potential employers your personal projects.
>>
>>67802923
>because there are no jobs outside academia where non-programming computer science stuff is needed.
Yeah, except all that crap about computer hardware, networking, information security, and algorithm design and analysis. Totally useless in any job areas except programming things.
>>
>>67802059
Which is why I use that analogy.

Pajeet would rather wipe with his hand than with perfectly good "loo paper".

Similarly, Jonah Goldstein, CEO of Wagecuck Inc. would rather hire Pajeet to do his company's site than hiring a US citizen with web design/web coding experience.
>>
>>67801597
Computer science is the degree for the overseer of pajeets. A pajeet is to a cs grad what a assembly line worker is to an engineer.
>>
>>67803231
>Yeah, except all that crap about computer hardware, networking, information security, and algorithm design and analysis. Totally useless in any job areas except programming things.

>Implying programming jobs don't outnumber any of those 100:1

I'd give you networking, but everyone I've ever met in networking doesn't even have a degree.
>>
>>67801597

A GUI NIGGA DATSDAT SHIT I OHNT LIKE
THE CLOUD NIGGA DATSDAT SHIT I OHNT LIKE
AUTOMATION NIGGA DATSDAT SHIT I OHNT LIKE
HTML5 NIGGA DATSDAT SHEEETIDONTRRRRIKE
>>
A cs graduate is not your average code monkey, they are the ones who write the magic your pajeets lack the knowledge and then shit in the streets
>>
>>67801760
>Engineering
kek, what is this 1945?
>>
>>67802870
Yeah it has a bunch of other worthless components as well. If you want a job go into software engineering not computer science.
>>
File: 1425891631783.jpg (66 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1425891631783.jpg
66 KB, 499x499
>be English major
>see all these stemfags majoring in CS
>they think CS is gonna guarantee them a good job after graduating
>they think they're superior to humanitiesfags
>can't see every other neckbeard in America is gonna have the exact same degree
>don't realize they'll also have to compete with Pajeet, who'll probably get the job for "diversity" reasons
Your degree's gonna be just as useless as mine. I'll see you faggots at the breadline.
>>
>>67801597
71% of tech workers are foreign born. You can thank the free traders for that.
>>
>>67805341
>actually going to school for 'English'

Fucking why?
>>
What the fuck is a Pajeet?
>>
>>67802870
fucking idiot leaf who told you that you could speak
>>
File: 1431215156181.png (284 KB, 432x515) Image search: [Google]
1431215156181.png
284 KB, 432x515
>>67805341
>tfw not the only English major on /pol/

Feels good to see le STEM may may fall flat on its face. Enjoy getting cucked by Patel who will work for chump change.
>>
>>67802870
>computer science isn't just programming

It is not programming at all, it's a math degree. But the fact is the only APPLIED computer science is programming. If you fix computers or become a sys admin then you are not going to use anything from computer science. It's basically a programming degree when it's applied to a job. Unless they become a professor in computer science.
>>
File: 0% Mad.jpg (35 KB, 480x538) Image search: [Google]
0% Mad.jpg
35 KB, 480x538
>>67801597
>How useful will a computer science degree be in the future?
More useful than anything related to agriculture. Come at me hick-fags.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.