[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martin Heidegger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: martin heidegger.jpg (5 KB, 160x233) Image search: [Google]
martin heidegger.jpg
5 KB, 160x233
I'm surprised /pol/ isn't talking about this. Basically, Martin Heidegger's final notes were released after a time frame stipulated by Heidegger and it turns out that he was a legit fucking Nazi. Philosophers in chair positions are literally resigning over this.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/reviews/review-essay/what-heidegger-was-hiding

>Yet Hitler and Heidegger embraced anti-Semitic conspiracy theories for different reasons. Whereas the former argued that the Jews posed a racial threat (a fear for which the protocols offered evidence), the latter saw them as a philosophical one. The Jews, as uprooted nomads serving a transcendent God -- albeit sometimes through their secular activities -- embodied the very tradition that Heidegger wanted to overturn.

>For Heidegger, racism was itself a function of misguided metaphysical thinking, because it presumed a biological, rather than historical, interpretation of what it meant to be human... Instead of obsessing over racial distinctions, Germans needed to confront their identity as an ongoing philosophical question. Heidegger overtly criticized the Nazis for their fixation on biological identity, but he also lambasted the Jews for the same sin. “The Jews,” he wrote in the notebooks, “have already been ‘living’ for the longest time according to the principle of race.”

>In forgetting what it meant to be finite and historical, in other words, the West had become obsessed with mastering and controlling beings -- a tendency Heidegger called “machination,” or the will to dominate nature in all its forms, ranging from raw materials to human beings themselves. And with their “calculative skill,” the Jews had thrived in this distorted “spirit” of the modern age.
>>
heidegger's writings are too hard for /pol/
>>
>>67787830

Well then you and I can discuss this, Netherbro.
>>
>>67787830
I want to read Marxists and other such enemies. Develop my own thinking in opposition to those ideas and then read these German writers like Heidegger and Nietzsche and whatever. That's the way I want to do it.
>>
>>67788101

Don't bother with Nietzsche. His writing is first grade level compared to Heidegger.
>>
>>67787726
>philosophers in chair positions are literally resigning over this
Fucking babies
>>
File: schmitt.png (17 KB, 120x160) Image search: [Google]
schmitt.png
17 KB, 120x160
Heidegger was based. So was pic related.
>>
>>67787726
>that last paragraph lifted
I don't see why anyone could possibly disagree with that; the Jews have been notorious for creating distinction between everything, with the desire to master and suppress it, since the Second Temple period. Hell, it's all over the Torah so it's right in their wheelhouse.
>>
>>67788165
Don't listen to this faggot
Nietzsche is fine
He's just overrated by edgy teenagers that's all
>>
>>67788325

The reason why some are resigning is because they were part of Heidegger circles. Now that the news is out and Heidegger was certifiably antisemitic - and literally the core of his philosophy was antisemitism - their life has literally been a lie.

>>67788507

Fair point.
>>
>>67788615
I get why but that doesn't make them less baby like
If you're going to reject thought based purely on something like antisemitism or racism you're a fucking child
>>
so
the jew is obsessed over the immanent, ignoring ('we have it all in B O O KS') what is transcendent. as in Freud vs Jung episode.

>>67788165

though it was Heidegger writing comments to Nietzsche's works.
>>
>“The Jews,” he wrote in the notebooks, “have already been ‘living’ for the longest time according to the principle of race.”

How is this controversial? Why quotes around 'living'?

Remember being proud of your race is only for the chosen tribe.
>>
Jews are cool for forming a tribe and protecting and favoring their tribe above all outsiders, all the time no matter what.

Nazis are cool for defending themselves against the Jewish tribe.

Everyone is cool :)
>>
>>67787726
We already know he was a Nazi. There's fucking pictures of him attending meetings.
>>
>>67787726

/pol/ doesnt read and is one of the dumbest boards.

When /his/ was created the people that did moved there.

If you want to have a political discussion about Heidegger you're better off in /his/
>>
>>67789387
/thread
>>
>>67789387

I try to have discussions on /his/ but it basically devolves into /b/-tier pissing contests over who has the better pedigree.
>>
Sounds similar to Marx's criticique of Judaism
>>
File: 1457710566784.jpg (13 KB, 350x337) Image search: [Google]
1457710566784.jpg
13 KB, 350x337
>>67789387
100% this
>>
>>67789387
No- if you want Heidegger discussion, go to /lit/.

/his/ is retarded.
>>
>>67789387
>post on /his/
>get banned by hysterical mods for posting something remotely related to right wing stuff
>>
>>67789836
/lit/ thinks Ulysses is a literary magnum opus
>>
The more I read about Heidegger he just seems like he repacked Nietzsche in his own brand, contributing nothing.
>>
>>67790033
Oh god, you're proving anon's point that /pol/ is autistic.
>>
Im still waiting for something anti-semetic that heidegger said. Im not seeing it
>>
>>67789387
Are you kidding?
/his/ is such a shit board
It was good for like the first month but since it's just shit
If you think otherwise you just have shit board taste

If you want to discuss this either go to /lit/ or 8/pol/

/his/ is honestly a useless board and I think moot was right for not creating it

>>67789939
Still better than /his/
>>
>>67787830
Heidegger is pompous bullshit.
>>
>>67789627
Yeah, but that's okay, because Marx is the left's anti-semite.
>>
>>67787726
>Heidegger is a controversial figure, largely for his affiliation with Nazism, as Rector of the University of Freiburg for 11 months prior to his resignation in April 1934, for which he neither apologized nor publicly expressed regret,[12] although in private he called it "the biggest stupidity of his life" (die größte Dummheit seines Lebens).[13]

>the biggest stupidity of his life

I'm inclined to agree.
>>
>>67791673
>the biggest stupidity of his life
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67787726

I also dont understand what you mean?

What is there to discuss?

Why is it surprising that he was a nazi? Is that bad?

Also you're a bit too late for the party. Heidegger is a well known nazi in academia pretty much since he died and before.
>>
>>67791673

He was a true nazi at heart, which doesnt mean he couldnt disagree with the rest of the nazis and be critical of nazism in general.

Also many people seem to forget Heidegger was a scholar and univeristy teacher, and these are known to be despicable worms that will clinge to anything they can to save their asses, regardless of affiliation or ideology. It's still happening today.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.