[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Cuba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: CubanStreet.png (709 KB, 863x598) Image search: [Google]
CubanStreet.png
709 KB, 863x598
Tell me about Cuba
>>
File: che_get_over_it.png (30 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
che_get_over_it.png
30 KB, 280x280
Another communist success story.
>>
They have nothing positive to offer us and the president is wasting his time talking to them.
>>
They wanted to be just like russia

And Allah granted their wish
>>
Tell me about Spain. Why does he wear the mask
>>
>>67782604
I would say Castro seemed to genuinely care about the Cuban people, however he failed and he admits it himself.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/sep/09/fidel-castro-cuba-economic-model

That being said,it would have been better off if not for the delusion that is communism. At least he realized this. But it's too late for Cuba, the damage is done.
>>
>>67783116
You're just jealous you can't travel there.
>>
>>67782604

my aunt married a cuban guy who was sent on a boat into america after he stabbed some guy a bunch back in his country. its weird because hes a nice guy
>>
Would it have really been better off with capitalism I mean look at the rest of the Caribbean it's not exactly developed. At least they have free healthcare and education.
>>
File: raft1.jpg (91 KB, 590x396) Image search: [Google]
raft1.jpg
91 KB, 590x396
>>67783755
>Would it have really been better off with capitalism

Yes, yes it would have and was
>>
>>67782604
My aunt went to Cuba a while back (we're Dominican.) She said it's just misery ans poverty. Back in the DR my highschool Chem teacher and my PE teacher were also Cuban.
>>
>>67783508
We always could u faggot. You just have to travel from Mexico
>>
Used to be great under spanish catalan inffluence, USA got involved and now look.
>>
>>67782604
>communism faillure.
>nobody talk about 60 years embargo.
Communism or not, With the embargo, it couldn't be great.
>>
>>67786841
Why an embargo is bad? An embargo is a ban on trade wich is capitalism.
You can't be a commie and get mad an embargos.
It's very cynical to be a commie nation and then trade with capitalistic countries.
>>
>>67786841
shouldn't have nationalized and stole property that wasn't theirs
>>
File: not_open.png (81 KB, 780x863) Image search: [Google]
not_open.png
81 KB, 780x863
>>67786841

The embargo was put in place because the Cuban government nationalized American businesses on the island. It would be foolish not to expect a response if you steal our assets.

Furthermore it wasn't like the whole world embargoed them, it was just the U.S. We didn't interfere with trade between Cuba and other nations and the only time we've had a physical blockade was during the missile crisis.
>>
>>67783755
>they might be living in a totalitarian communist state where human rights are violated on a daily basis
>at least they have free healthcare and education
Are you 12? What is people's obsession with free healthcare and education. If the people living in cuba lack basically every basic right besides those two (implying they áre rights)? Would you rather have shitty communist healthcare in a country like Cuba or North Korea or would you choose to live in the US where it is expensive but the quality is the best in the world and you wont be subject to state oppression?
>>
>>67782604
they all act like niggers
>>
>>67782604
They're a communist country...for you!
>>
>>67788757
Can't remember the fancy name armchair writers gave to the phenomenon, but most people behave strangely when "free stuff" comes into play, even when it's obviously retarded to an outside observer.

Also the usual liberty vs security argument. And the deep seated prejudice telling them that other people owe them something.
>>
>>67782604

Nice if you're a turist. Full of bright colors and good wet weather.

Very poor, but people are harmless because of fear of police reprisal.

If you have money they treat you as a king. Lots of beggars though.

Pretty safe for a third world country, for what I just mentioned about fear of reprisal.

Great beaches and cool decadent cities. Habana is pretty but very poor.

Cubans are fun but you can't trust them if your life depended on it.

Also dont put your dick in cuban, not only because of AIDS
>>
File: 1457974831076.png (827 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
1457974831076.png
827 KB, 600x840
>>67786841
Exactly
>>
>>67790111
>ignores the billion being pumped into Cuba by the Soviets
>>
>>67790204
Source?
>>
>>67790204

And the chinese, which everyone seems to forget where pretty strong and numerous in Cuba.

I know a chinese-looking cuban, it's pretty funny
>>
>>67782604
>Tell me about Cuba
Not cucked.
I'm seriously thinking about leaving europe to go there.
I can't stand the muslims invaders anymore.
>>
>>67786841
It could have been if they developped a communist trade.
But there were no more communist country.
>>
>>67785221
To can go thru Canada too a friend of mine does that.
>>
>>67788991
They are niggers anon, all the fucking cubans i have met here are of nigger ancestry.
>>
>>67782604
Best country
>>
their best athletes defect to the US at any opportunity
>>
>>67790348
I visited Cuba and it's a pure shithole.
A fucking shithole and i prefer live in Roubaix than this shit.
>>
>>67790348
>I'm tired of all these shitskins in my country
>I know! I'll go to a place run entirely by shitskins!
>>
>>67783703
he os gonna kill you sooner or later. haven't you watched sling blade? prepare your anus
>>
>>67790724

Indio mierdero detected
>>
Shithole

>Culture is heavily influenced by African slaves and Spanish
>Majority are mixed, typically with nigs, small white minority
>Claim they're the whitest and most successful (when the whitest of latin america is Argies, no meming)
>80s and 90s, Castro released tons of criminals to US amidst wave of "refugees"
>They also get free section 8 housing, all types of welfare, and when they come to the US, claim disability to get gibsmedat
>Majority here supported Rubio because "he's cuban", same tribal mentality that nigs had during '08.

Typically the ones that have been established here for decades don't have the same nigger mentality that the ones that have only been here for 20~ years have. Don't believe me? Visit Hialeah in Miami.
>>
>>67791780
>Culture is heavily influenced by African slaves and Spanish

Kind of true. Not entirely. Music has a strong Spanish influence with minor African influence. After that the only other thing is the syncretism between pagan African religions and Roman Catholicism. After that not really much else.

>Majority are mixed, typically with nigs, small white minority.

True. Overwhelmingly with Africans, due to the natives being wiped out. There are more mulattoes than blacks. But whites are about half the population.

The rest of your points are varying degrees of truth and falsehood.
>>
>>67792367
>music has strong spanish influence
I'd say it's more African influenced than Spanish, or at least 50-50, compared to other countries (except maybe Mexico,Bolivia,Peru,Ecuador,Central America), whom have more native influence.

>Truth and falsehood
>Majority here supported Rubio because "he's cuban", same tribal mentality that nigs had during '08.

This is true though. If you looked at results, out of every county in FL, Rubio only had support from Miami dade.

>80s and 90s, Castro released tons of criminals to US amidst wave of "refugees"
This is also true.

Also, Hialeah is a shithole, this cannot be refuted if you've been there.
>>
>>67790918
The biggest difference is that Cuba has good evolution perspective, whereas France has mediocre evolution perspective.
>>
why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>67792738
>I'd say it's more African influenced than Spanish

I can't agree. As a fan of flamenco, listen to Cuban music for a bit and you definitely see huge similarities in rhythm, tempo, and so on.

After that the only additions of African influence would be beats, bass, and so on.

>or at least 50-50

Perhaps.

>This is true though. If you looked at results, out of every county in FL, Rubio only had support from Miami dade.

Wouldn't be surprised. But that's every group of people ever. You vote for your guy, from your hometown, state, country, group, et cetera.

>>67793149
What do you mean good evolution perspective?
>>
>>67793364
>What do you mean good evolution perspective?
There's lot to do there.
Tourism in developpement, growing open market economy...
There's everything to build. And the cuban population is not primitive uneducated population, they can use a tool if you learn them how.
>>
>>67794077
Don't fall for the trap.

As long as the commies are in power they can take your property away at any given time. Just recently I heard foreign Cubans were allowed to hold property and after some time it was taken away by the commie government.

Once it all goes down the hope of all is that people can get their family's stolen land and property back.
>>
I have been reading some threads about Hispanics here and it seems to be filled with half truths and flat out trash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Latin_Americans

Yes, some latin americans are racially white.

One example is Cuba. Yes, there actually are white Cubans. So why haven't you seen many white Cubans when you went to Cuba? Simple, white Cubans are more prominent on some parts of the island than others.

For example, in Santa Clara, about 90% of the population there is white. Whites are everywhere there and you don't even have to look hard to find some Nordic ones with blond hair and blue or green eyes that wouldn't look out of place in Germany.

Yet go to Havana (where most tourists go) or look at pictures of Santiago de Cuba and you would think all Cubans are black or Mulatto. It just depends where you look. Most of the white population lives in the center of Cuba, far away from Havana and some of the major cities. The white upper classes in Cuba never mixed with blacks. Considering many owned slaves until 1888 when slavery was banned in Cuba, they don't like sleeping around with their former property.

White Cubans in the US are not a rarity, a lot of the Cubans in the US are of full European descent. However, I will admit that in recent years more black and mulatto Cubans have started to arrive. Their numbers are still small when compared to the white Cubans arriving but the change is real and must be acknowledged.

Most white Cubans after they make money tend to leave South Florida and head further north. In Miami the majority of Cubans left are older people who came in the 1960's or the ones who've been in the US for less than 5 years and are trying to make it. Most of the "Hispanics" in Miami are now mestizo/mulatto/black latin americans from various countries. Go to "Calle Ocho" where 15 years ago there was a Cuban flag in every corner, and today it is mostly filled with other Latin American flags.
>>
>>67794789

(cont.)

White Cuban professionals who still choose to live in South Florida can be found in places like Miami Lakes, Coral Gables, and Miramar. However, since they are white and dress and behave like white Americans (for the most part) most visitors to South Florida probably mistake them as the only white American strongholds left in Miami.

White Hispanics in general love white European culture and are pretty racist and face many of the same fears and concerns that white Americans, white Europeans, white Australians, etc. feel.

So, remember /pol/, even though you rightfully give Hispanics a lot of shit on here (BUILD WALL) (>Argentina >white),.etc, a lot of those Hispanics might be white Hispanics who will fight alongside you on the front lines when shit hits the fan.

In closing, MAGA!
>>
>>67787103
So then why is capitalist US so heavily involved with communist China trade?

I guess some commies are just more preferred than others.
>>
>>67794753
>they can take your property away at any given time.
Absolutely NO difference with France.
They took our familial property to build a social center.
And look at this video, it's a beaten and spoiled french farmer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XufCVY5bYzU
>>
>>67794789
>>67794959
As a Floridian, I can say that Cubans are definitely bros. As an Italian-American, I can understand why they have a shitty reputation among white folks too. When your only figures of popular reference are criminals or communists it's difficult to ease into assimilating but I think Cubans have done a great job at it. They love their heritage as everyone rightly should but most have fully embraced American ideology and the English language - unlike other hispanic groups. They're a perfect example of what an immigrant should be.
>>
>>67795287

Bro I don't understand French sadly. But they don't pay you for taking your property at least?

>>67794789
>>67794959

Stop with the autistic pandering to /pol/ "white" supremacists.

>you don't even have to look hard to find some Nordic ones with blond hair and blue or green eyes that wouldn't look out of place in Germany.

You know that's much rarer than what you make it seem. You can probably find babies with blond hair and blue eyes among European Cubans, but their hair will eventually darken.

The truth is most European Cubans are overwhelmingly descendants of Spanish populations. After that Portuguese, Italians, French. Probably Russians might be more common than the aforementioned three. Germans might have small, rare deposits of population.

Most commonly a European Cuban will consist mostly of Spanish, then a random European ancestry (Portuguese, Italian, French, etc... most likely South/Western European).
>>
>>67795128
because China adopted a free market style economy over 30 years ago, and Cuba did not?
>>
>>67797093
>But they don't pay you for taking your property at least?
They gives $1/sq.m when you paid $10/sq.m.
A ridiculous price, you can't do anything, it's just pocket money.
And in the case of that farmer, his family was on that land since 3 centuries or more, they kick'd him out, but as there's no land because of over-populated area, it's a full loss.

You see, all those africans that take boat, come to europe and ask asylum.
According to our shitty law, once they got the asylum right, they can ask for a social house, but we don't have enough place.
And as they need land, they expropriate the native french from their land to build social building.
The country is growing like this since decade.
Our farming industrie was the most prosperous by the past, but you can't farm anything on concrete.
Honestly our politics are just closing their eyes on the situation, and bringing it to the next governement in worse.
But it's clear that this infinite loop will have to stop one day.
>>
File: france_640.png (149 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
france_640.png
149 KB, 640x480
>>67798131
Wow that sucks. I felt really bad for him seeing his face beaten that way, but perhaps losing a 3 century family property is worse than any beating.

Hopefully things get better for the (native) French people.

>You see, all those africans that take boat, come to europe and ask asylum.
According to our shitty law, once they got the asylum right, they can ask for a social house, but we don't have enough place.
And as they need land, they expropriate the native french from their land to build social building.

This bullshit cannot go on longer nor unpunished.
>>
>>67797093

>Stop with the autistic pandering to /pol/ "white" supremacists.

>Implying I'm not a white supremacist.

Also, Southern Europeans who have no North African admixture are white.
>>
>>67799623
Did you read my post?
>>
Dignified people with solid values and a honest and sane way of life. Education level is very high, I met a street cleaner who could talk fluent italian, that he learnt on morning TV.
Urban neighborhoods are made of people of diverse background, yet very cohesive and civil. You have doctors living close to factory workers or cigar rollers.

They have little money to trade externally, and embargo penalized them a lot. Yet, if you talk to someone in a shop or in a café, you will likely meet interesting people with a certain cultural depth.

If you want to visit, absolutely avoid the touristic resorts and grand hotels, and opt on staing in "casas particulares", which are more or less bed and breakfasts. You can use speaking some spanish, although younger people will often speak some English. Having a guide will also be useful for experiencing more directly the country.
>>
In addition to the inherent fault of communism, Cuba is also tremendously fucked up by the fact that Castro had placed all of his chips on the USSR. When the cold war ended, their economy went from okay to utter dogshit overnight because they had never bothered diversifying or attempted to become genuinely self sufficient.

I went on a trip there just two months ago. Even the tour guides and locals there will confirm all of this. They openly acknowledge the fact that Cuba has once again sunken to the level of perpetuating itself by being a tourist brothel for the nations it still happens to be allied to. So much for that revolution, eh Castro?
>>
>>67783854
how is that powered, I wonder?
>>
>>67798939
Not him but my mother (who was poor at the time) was denied a social building (not sure that's the correct term, but whatever.) because she could speak french, and therefore she could get a job, unlike the thousands of arabs with no qualification and who can barely speak a word of french.
We're giving unfair advantages to unskilled non-natives to the detriment of law abiding productive citizens.
And then they wonder why there's so much unemployment in our ghettos : they don't HAVE to work, we give them enough social securities that they can get cheap housing, free healthcare, free education, and instead they sit on their asses doing nothing but making babies, babies for which the state will give TREMENDOUS money for. It's insane. I don't give us 30 years.
/rant
>>
>>67799922

Not disagreeing with you. Just sick and tired of people painting all Hispanics in the same brush.
>>
>>67782604
Lift the emargo fatty.
>>
>>67782604
I went my junior year in highschool, everyone is actually really excited to embrace capitalism. I am from New Orleans Louisiana, and have lots of cuban friends due to the exodus. We visited relatives of our friends back home, and got to get to know the island very well. Very nice people, and its very unfortunate that they have to live in abject poverty.
>>
>>67783755
>Would it have really been better off with capitalism
Yes. Anything is better than what Castro overthrew, but Cuba could have been a lot better off if they hadn't gone Communist.

That said, they might never have gone Communist if not for the fact that the US wanted to overthrow them for overthrowing an American puppet.
>>
>>67785221
You can travel from Miami, there are two outgoing and inbound flights Miami to Cuba daily.

Source:
>>67801193
Ive been to cuba.
>>
>>67800058
From what I've read, they had a lot of this cultural cohesiveness and pleasantness before Communism.
>>
>>67783703
Some murder is justified. He clearly had nothing to lose.
>>
>>67782604
My grandparents were from there my Grandfather had a plantation that was seized by the Castro government after the regime was established he the than spend all his money going to Florida. Where he lived in Miami for two years before leaving to Texas
>>
>>67801193
>>67801265
also; One of my mate's grandfathers, and subsequently entire family, is a huge shipping magnate. He had a photo of him handing Castro a check post-uprising because he owned the electric utilities on the island.

There really is a lot I can say about the country that most of my fellow americans cant, due to trade and tourism restrictions.
>>
>>67801195
Your ideological stance is blinding you, a castro dictatorship would have been the same regardless, the only difference would have been access to the yankee market and associated yankee pressure to conform with their standards.
>>
>>67801644
Which would have been better than Communism, yes?
>>
>>67801770
Perhaps, you don't notice other countries in latin america with rampant inequality, like guatemala, that were muscled into the US system. It's tough to say and the actual revolution is probably what hurt cuba the most.
>>
>>67797093
A big portion of cuba comes from the canary islands so they are more like 100% berber ancestry :)
>>
>>67782604
They have good cigars
>>
>>67800919
How do you think? With the engine.
>>
File: ana.jpg (218 KB, 1200x1798) Image search: [Google]
ana.jpg
218 KB, 1200x1798
>>67802308
You ever been to Miami? The pre-revolution middle class and upper class of Cuba was of primarily European descent (Spaniard).

My family for example came from Galicia region of Spain to Cuba in the 1800s
>>
>>67802657

Anyone on /pol/ who says 100% of a nation are of a particular ancestry without providing any sources or citations is either a troll or a moron.

I suspect he's both.
>>
>>67800974
Not a rant bro, you are speaking what it is. Priority should be given to the natives when handing out social services.

>>67801054
>Just sick and tired of people painting all Hispanics in the same brush.

I agree. But you know not all Cubans are blue eyed blond haired people.

>>67802308

Great meme.
>>
>>67787103
No it's just practical.
>>
>>67788757
You don't understand. Comparing the choice between Cuba and other nearby countries to the choice between the USA and North Korea is ridiculous. In the U.S., the vast majority of the population has some housing and other essentials like clothing and basic caloric intake. Many countries in the Caribbean where the U.S. intervened to stop the spread of communism/socialism don't have running water, basic medical care, or food.
>>
>>67782604
they would rather be poor and independent than "okay" and under your boot, burger

is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>67803792
>Cuba
>Running water, clothing, infrastructure, medicare

How do I know you have never been to Cuba. The country is crumbling to the ground while Fidel's kids go on vacation in Europe with a ton of prostitutes with the money they stole.
>>
>>67783755
Cuba is VERY different from the rest of Latin America, Mostly in the sense that Cuba as a whole has always been less hectic and crazy when it comes to wars and poverty than the rest of the countries. Cuba had a booming economy in the early 20th century and the peso was equal to the American Dollar at various times (so my grandmother tells me). I think that had it not been for Castro's eventual turn to communism (the revolution according to him was originally as green as the palms), Cuba would be like a western Singapore.
>>
>>67804208
It's not the best quality and varies by area, but it is much, much better off than say Haiti.
>>
File: 1451717470651.jpg (147 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
1451717470651.jpg
147 KB, 600x1066
>>
>>67804508
Compare it to it's closest demographic counterpart which is Miami

Get back to me with what you find
>>
File: che4.jpg (19 KB, 305x365) Image search: [Google]
che4.jpg
19 KB, 305x365
>>67804529
>>
>>67804592
but why not compiler it with Haiti?
its also a democracy
>>
>>67802657
My family is from the Canary Islands and from Asturias. Was in Cuba since around the same time. Im pree white. I look more like the people from the mid-south of spain.
>>
>>67805210
why not compare it to Miami? It's the most culturally similar to Cuba and would be a better comparison
>>
>>67805734
cause miami and the shit state it is in is a part of the most developed country in the world.
cuba is a fucking island, therefor it is had to compare half of a continent with an island.
also, that meme that they are culturally similar is BS. In one country they pray to the idea of money, where wealth is all, and in the other country they want to abolish all the class difference wealth makes. Food and shit don't make the meat of ones identity.
>>
>>67805734
Miami doesn't have the history of being a Cold War battleground like the Caribbean does.
>>
>>67783469
Nah Castro took over Cuba under the guise of installing a democracy and instead he declared himself supreme ruler for life

He's a cuck
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x478
>>67807334

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/castro/peopleevents/e_precastro.html
>>
>>67804395
Thee Dominican Peso was equal to the USD for decades. It means nothing because it wasn't floating, it was fixed.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.