[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do black people get so upset about white people having dreadlocks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
Why do black people get so upset about white people having dreadlocks?

They call it "Cultural Appropriation" and say that whites shouldn't be allowed to wear dreadlocks because black people invented them, invented something which literally happens to any hair if you stop brushing it.

It's like when your favourite band gets popular and other people start liking them and you're mad because you liked them first.
>>
>>67773992

You have to be independently wealthy or grow marijuana in large quantities to wear white boi dreds
>>
Just looking for things to get butthurt about it seems, there are countless nogs who have to use products specifically aimed at them just to get non nappy hair like europeans, yet no one batters an eye lid
>>
Only commies and coalburners wear that, it's like a star of david badge.
>>
File: .jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>67773992
>black people
>black
>people
>>
My ex grew her hair into those, it looks scruffy and dirty desu.
>>
>>67773992
They're so goddamn lazy they claim ownership of lazy-hair dreads.
>>
>>67773992

Lol, reminds me of that time the black hunger girl through a fit about Europeans braiding their hair as 'cultural appropriation' even though white people have been braiding their hair since the neolithic era.
>>
File: Ac.kleobisandbiton.jpg (219 KB, 965x1310) Image search: [Google]
Ac.kleobisandbiton.jpg
219 KB, 965x1310
>>67773992
Actually dreadlocks were known all over the world. Even some ancient greeks wore them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (492 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
492 KB, 3000x2000
>>67774214
This is another thing they mention. They say it's not fair that they were forced for years to make their hair look more European, to be beautiful or get work or whatever and now white people are wearing dreads, they appear to be upset.
They also talk about slavery and Rastafarianism which is quite funny because not every black dreadhead is Rasta and not every Rasta is a dreadhead,

Go on Twitter and it's a bunch of black people talking shit about white people "neglect dreads."
Apparently when black people get dreads it's normal but suddenly white people's dreads are smelly and unclean lol.

Where is their logic?
>>
Black people don't care
White people on the internet care
>>
white ppl are doing it only for attention (like always)
>>
File: manzini-30.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
manzini-30.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
White boys with dreadlocks are cute! <3 <3 <3
>>
>>67774314
FUCK OFF NAMEFAG
>>
I live around tons of nogs and none of them care about whites with dreads. Girls care about it more, you basically are a smelly bum that only stoner girls are attracted to.
>>
>>67773992
>whites shouldn't be allowed to wear dreadlocks because black people invented them
They didn't it's a meme
>>
>>67774460
KANGS N KWANS N SHEEEIT CONFIRMED REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
DINDU’S dying their hair blonde is cultural appropriation.
DINDU’S straightening their hair is cultural appropriation.
>>
>>67773992
>Why do black people get so upset about white people having dreadlocks?
they don't you stupid trying hard to fit in new fuck
>>
File: 17506846.jpg (183 KB, 656x425) Image search: [Google]
17506846.jpg
183 KB, 656x425
I'll wear my hair in whatever manner I desire, provided it does not become impractical in a work environment.

These individuals who think they can tell you what to do because your skin colour is different to theirs, are racist cucks.
>>
I appreciate dreadlocks. It allows me to know I'm dealing with self-hating trash at a glance.
>>
File: PicsArt_02-06-07.01.11.jpg (150 KB, 475x1203) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_02-06-07.01.11.jpg
150 KB, 475x1203
>>67773992
Evidence of black people caring?

Proof?
>>
wearing a wig of straight hair is cultural approproation.
Lightening your skin to look whiter is cultural appropriation.
>>
>>67774522

this

just like how no native american gives a fuck about another race wearing their headdresses, but middle class white liberals on twitter sure do
>>
There were more jungle djs in the 90s with dreads than the entirety of Jamaica.
>>
Because they have nothing else to bitch about. Really, there is no systemic oppression; the laws are equal and welfare, affirmative action and black-only scholarships have leveled the playing field.

The only thing left is for them to buckle down and make different choices for their lives. But since their is nothing left to bitch about, they have to invent things.

I always say, I'll trade your dreadlocks for my jeans. REMEMBER that jeans are French dockworker cultural wear and suits are Anglo. They need to go back to wearing dashikis if they want cultures to be segregated.
>>
>>67773992
All these 'black' hairstyles look disgusting though.
So I don't understand why anyone would want their hair to look like that, it's so ugly.

Although it's hypocrite for them to whine about that when they spend literally billions on getting European hair.
>>
>>67773992
I don't blame them
Whites with dreds are niggers to me
>>
File: monkeysuit.jpg (60 KB, 540x806) Image search: [Google]
monkeysuit.jpg
60 KB, 540x806
Let me tell you about cultural appropriation.
>>
>>67774460
Confirmed for truth, I believe the Greeks wore them as well; Spartans in particular because it made them look fiercer/rougher/badass/whatever the fuck.

Hardly a black "invention", isn't it what basically happens when you stop washing your hair?
>>
>>67775162
You need to check out the raggatek scene, family.
>>
>>67773992
The hilarious thing about it is that whites have had dreadlocks at multiple periods in history, as have just about every fucking ethnicity.

It's because blacks have never invented anything, so they are sensitive about the one thing they have a tenuous modern claim to.

Besides, almost all dreads look like shit, regardless of race or gender.
>>
>>67773992
Neanderthals invented dreadlocks, and because niggers don't have any of their genes, they are culturally appropriating my ancestors.
>>
>>67775736
Yes, anyone and any hair texture can get dreadlocks, it's just easier for black people because their hair texture is best suited for it. Really dreadlocks is just matted hair. They're only called dreadlocks because black people culturally appropriated it from Hindu religious people, white people found black people with their hair like that and thought it was dreadful.
Anyone can get dreadlocks though, ever notice how hair tangles up when not combed? Well that's the beginning of dreadlocks.
>>
>>67773992
Dreadlocks look pig disgusting, especially on white people.

For fuck's sake, wash your hair. Have some pride.
>>
>>67773992
black people didn't invent them you mong, like all black "inventions" they were stolen. There are neanderthal corpses with dreadlocks, they quite literally predate homo-sapiens.
>>
>>67776590
>>67775736
Actually no, not washing your hair means your hair doesn't lock up, you still need to wash your hair like normal hair. Just don't comb it or condition it, and you need more natural shampoos, than ones with all kinds of chemicals in as they leave residue in the dreadlocks which will result in rot and unpleasantness.
>>
File: TESBlackEinstein.gif (139 KB, 456x425) Image search: [Google]
TESBlackEinstein.gif
139 KB, 456x425
I have no idea

White people don't call it "cultural appropriation" on the rare occasions that black people get jobs
>>
>>67776729
People with dreadlocks to wash their hair though, like 2 or 3 times a week.
>>
>>67773992
Celtic cultures had a similar style so nigs can fuck right off
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 640x449
I'm Black and don't care what someone does with their hair.
>>
White people naturally get such, though,
>>
>>67773992

>Why do black people get so upset

Because that's all they have left. All they can do now is get upset with whitey and hope that someone listens.
>>
>>67773992
Isn't black people wearing a business suit appropriating white culture? How about wearing a wristwatch or having a working clock at all?

Why do black people appropriate so much white culture?
>>
Because they're niggers.
>>
>>67773992

Blacks get so pissed at me when I tell them they don't know what living under oppression is like and they are free just like anyone else in America because if they were oppressed, they would be back in the field like their ancestors and if they weren't, they wouldn't be standing in protest,they would be dead.
>>
File: 1457988001710.jpg (39 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457988001710.jpg
39 KB, 640x640
>>67778500

what if i put in some jheri curls?
>>
>>67775022
I don't understand how could anyone get offended at 'using their culture as a custome', I wouldn't give a fuck if I saw some american wearing a gaucho costume
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.