[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend just told me that Americans clap whenever a film ends,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 11
File: 333.gif (3 MB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
333.gif
3 MB, 400x220
My friend just told me that Americans clap whenever a film ends, does that really happen over there?
>>
>>67770806
My friend told me that Brits never brush their teeth. Is that true over there?
>>
>>67770806
Thats bullshit but I believe it
>>
>>67770806
Burgers don't just clap at the end... they'll clap during the film.

The Jew Wars release was absolutle painful.

Oh my god, it's a black stormtrooper! I'm progressive about that! Clapclapclap.
Oh my god, it's the cuckdroid! I enjoy that! Clapclapclap.
Oh my god, it's the Falcon! I remember that! Clapclapclap.
Oh my god, it's Han Solo! I nostalgia about that! Clapclapwhistleclap.

Repeat for two hours.
>>
>>67770806
No.

This >>67771188 is the only exception I've ever encountered.
>>
>>67770806
Depends on the crowd, but yes, and It's cringey.
>>
>>67770806
The new Star Wars is the only flick I've ever seen someone clap in. Someone tried to start one during Jurassic World but failed and it made me happy
>>
>>67770806
Only if the film is really good.

Usually people give a short clap, then just wander out silently. Or if the movie sucked, no one claps, or even throws their drinks at the screen.
>>
>>67771188
Why do people even go to the fucking cinema ...
>>
thats that cunt out of play school
>>
>>67771188

I'm sure faggots will clap when Spider-Man shows up in the Avengers 2.5
>>
>>67771277
There's this thing called friends Singapore

Maybe some day you'll understand
>>
>>67770806
Sometimes.

Typically you only see it during opening nights for major releases when you've got a whole theater full of super hyped die-hard fans
>>
>Be me
>take flight on plane
>london to glasgow
>everything goes fine
>we land
>3 burgers at the back start clapping
>flight ruined
>>
>>67770806
only if it's a super big movie during opening weekend/maybe a month if it's something like Avatar that captures our braindead population's imagination
>>
>>67770806
>My friend just told me that Americans clap whenever a film ends
It's true and worse. People will also clap when actors show up on screen like Harrison Ford in the new Star Wars.
>>
Only time I've ever seen an audience clap was during the Millennium Falcon reveal in TFA. It was madness
>>
In Clapistan, we say Alla Clapbar, which roughly translates to "Clap is great"
>>
>>67770806
It happens but only occasionally and even normally only for big release movies or a particularly awesome movie.
>>
>>67770806

It's true. They clap. I never understood why people are clapping. I didn't clap because I know the actors are at home in their pajamas somewhere.
>>
>>67771188
>Burgers don't just clap at the end... they'll clap during the film.
I've never noticed that. That'd be annoying as fuck.
>>
File: 1457942290392.gif (2 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1457942290392.gif
2 MB, 220x220
>>67770806
It happens every once in a while. Sort of rare though.
>>
>>67771566
are you dumb? what part of "allahu akbar" refers to allah, then?
>>
>>67770806
I've seen it happen twice I think, I was also confused.
>>
>>67770806
No, this doesn't happen. Yes, I know this is a meme thread and has been made hundreds of times over the years.

>>67771188
Not sure what city you live in but this has never happened to me. With star wars all I got was a couple cheers, it's never been worse than that.
>>
>pirate shitty cam release
>burgers talk loudly during the movie
>they burst out in laughter during unfunny scenes
>women hoot as the female protagonist slaps a man
>burgers shout to show their approval after action scenes
>they all clap at the end of the movie
>>
>>67770806
Do Brits really have to surrender all butter knives, bicycle wheels, and broom handles to the proper authorities?
>>
>This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

>Off-topic and /b/-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist).
>>
>>67771188
This fucking shit happened here in Italy too
>>
>>67771499
my 65 year old cousin was telling me about how everyone was screaming and crying and shit ect at the news star wars flick

i havent been to a movie in 3-4 years and when i did go i was always stoned out of my mind
>>
>>67771642
>No, this doesn't happen. Yes, I know this is a meme thread and has been made hundreds of times over the years.
As an American who has lived in various places across the US I can confirm it does happen. It's just not a very common occurrence. Maybe 10-15 times in my life and I've seen a lot of movies.
>>
>>67771243
Everyone in the theater clapped at the end of American sniper when I went to see it
>>
>>67770806

Once or twice out of the 100 or so timed
>>
>>67770806
Yeah. I'm clapping right now.
>>
>>67771256
>jurassic world

why did that do so well? all the jurassic movies fucking sucked
>>
>>67771646
oh and by the way. while i find all that kind of silly i still think its not inherently a bad thing. nothing wrong with making it a nice, collective experience.

ive also had way worse experiences when watching "new kids" in germany. one time it escalated so badly they had to call in security.
>>
>>67770806
It's a custom that we clap at the end if it's a really good or meaningful movie. I remember huge applause at movies like United 93 and American Sniper when the credits rolled.
>>
>>67771860
>why did that do so well? all the jurassic movies fucking sucked
The first one didn't suck. It was unbelievably awesome. The leftover hype from that was why World did so well. World wasn't bad, it just wasn't awesome.
>>
>>67771622
I will not tolerate this blatant prejudice against my religious practices.
>>
>>67770806
I have seen americans even stand up clapping at the start of a movie, usually a reboot and holla like niggers for a good 10 minutes.

Their culture is heavely ape.
>>
>>67771256

Hahah same thing happened when I saw it. Some huge autist Jurassic fan stood up and started clapping when the old Town Rex appeared later in the movie. Nobody else clapped, and we just started laughing.
>>
>>67770806
WHY ARE YOU STARTING ANOTHER /b/ TIER MEME THREAD AHMED???
>>
>>67771188
What's even better is when niggers comment on the movie like "aw hell nah nigga don't go in that room"
>>
>>67770806
It happens all the fucking time. It's absolutely retarded. Like, why the fuck are you clapping at a screen for?
>>
>>67770806
Some people do but believe me, the majority of Americans will look at them like they're retarded.

No one who created this film is here to hear your applause...why the fuck are you clapping? It's usually like one or two people in the theater, and it rarely ever happens.
>>
>>67771346
Do you tolerate talking in the cinema too you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>67771961
why, what happened ?
>>
>>67772265
Elliot, please stop calling it the cinema, m8. Just call it a theater.
>>
Do Burgerclaps clap at the tv?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSq0PvVxMs
>>
>>67770806
If the movie is like, really good maybe. But, half of the people in the theatre are about to piss their pants and book it to the restroom.
>>
>>67772348
It is Bio, dumbass.
>>
>>67771582
So its not just a joke...

Oh Americans
>>
Do Burgerclaps clap at the tv too?
https://www.youtube.com/v/qtQLp9bR9-k
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>67772206
I love watching shit horror films with niggers. I'll drive an hour to an infested city just to watch them. It's like a live MST3K track featuring Lequan and Deliniquisha as the robots.
>>
>>67771765
This

It happens but typically only following big climactic or emotional moments in films, and even then usually only on opening nights for major motion pictures

An examples that come to mind is opening night of Fellowship of the Ring, you had people clapping for maybe a second or two after Aragorn fights and defeat the Orc that murders Boromir, then immediately hush when the emotional scene that follows starts.

It's less the retarded endless clapping you see stereotyped and more sudden emotional outbursts that are quickly reigned in
>>
>>67770806
Everytime I fap, a film ends too.
>>
>>67771277
you people clap as well mate
>>
It's not common. I've seen it happen, but less than one out of every twenty movies I see. People usually wait whispering or silently during action movie credits to see if there is a mid-credit or end-credit scene, or just leave the theater.

>>67770806
This happens in more urban theaters. People usually shut the fuck up in suburban ones.
>>
>>67770806

Their bottom of the barrel comedy literally has a laughing track on it to make it seem funny. Amerifats should stop making so much noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHkUK_W2nuo
>>
>>67772466
No. It's the movies
>>
>>67771188
Same shit happened during lord of the rings films
>>
I really don't understand why foreigners are so fucking triggered by clapping, You're like those SJW college students who only snap. That is what you faggots remind me of. I clap when a movie is over. I clap after every scene that I and enough audience members deem impressive. I clap when a politician says a three word phrase like "no new taxes". What's the fucking problem?
>>
>>67772318
drunk kids screaming loudly, throwing cups and bottles, amost starting fights
>>
>>67770806
Usually only happens at the beginning of a highly anticipated film (Star Wars) again at the end if it was good BUT only during a premier like a midnight release of said film. It's not common at all in my experience.
>>
>>67772930
>Snarky jews
>American comedy
>cherry picking this badly
>LE EPIC DEAD PARROT XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218
>>
File: meme.jpg (18 KB, 465x233) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
18 KB, 465x233
>>67770806
Black women in America are famous for TALKING TO THE CHARACTER DURING THE FILM.

They scream at the top of their negro lungs things like:

>Aw, Hell Naw, girl. Don't walk in dat room. Nigga right behind the door!

>Nigga right behind the dooooor !!!!
>>
File: 1437992365553.png (752 KB, 552x493) Image search: [Google]
1437992365553.png
752 KB, 552x493
>>67770806
european's are so poor their movie theaters don't have showers
>>
>>67770806
Very rarely. I would imagine the clap crowds usually go to the movie on opening night. Usually when I see a movie it's a couple weeks after it has been out and during the movie I almost never heard anyone clap. People just get up and leave.
>>
>>67771188
This happened first time I saw it close to when it opened. Didn't happen the second time.

Sometimes people clap at the end of movies, but usually not. Most people I've talked to recognize it as bullshit that shouldn't be done.
>>
>>67773171

Everyone knows Monty Python is cancer, only Boomers found that shit funny
>>
>>67770806
We also clap when the plane lands safely on the ground.
>>
>>67773406

You also clap when little Timmy gets home from school with out being gunned down by Jamal
>>
>>67773406
that is unfortunately not just an american thing. i think although its ridiculous (HEY PILOTS, THANKS FOR NOT KILLING US!), people just clap because they are somewhat relieved. i only clapped one time after a flight because the landing was super smooth and i was drunk.
>>
>>67773406
>not complimenting and congratulating your pilot on a job well done, especially after a difficult or turbulent flight
Ungrateful foreigners
>>
>>67773406
>>67773519
>>67773559
I've literally never experienced this. Do people actually clap when a plane lands?
>>
>>67771844
Damn, how are you typing and clapping at the same time?
>>
>>67773559

Do you tip the pilots too?
>>
>>67772930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
>>
>>67773395
The same goes for Seinfeld. I think The Big Lebowski would be a better representation of American comedy.
>>
I clap after I complete a shit also. Clapping triggers the weak. REEEEEE
>>
>>67770806
yes its true.

eapecially during and after movies geared towards adult children like capeshit, star wars, and adaptions of young adult fiction like hunger games.
>>
>>67773148
Agree with this. Not common at all, like in 20 years seen it twice
>>
File: with apes.jpg (24 KB, 375x248) Image search: [Google]
with apes.jpg
24 KB, 375x248
>>67773646
Yeah we do tip too much over here.

Tipping the hippie chick making your latte while you stand in line is just ridiculous.

But that is how employers keep their personnel costs down.

pic unrelated
>>
>>67773612
i fly like 20 or more times a year and although not always all passengers clap theres always a small crowd that does.
>>
>>67771471
We're glad we landed on a runway and not on the 100th floor
>>
I used to work in the USA in an office building. Each day everyone would clap because the building hadn't been planed
>>
>>67773685
I cringed.
>>
>>67770806
I've seen it, but rarely. Star Wars films are guaranteed to have applauding.
>>
>>67773698
as much as i wish i could agree with you, shit like knocked up and old school with all those types like will ferrell and seth rogen are the typical american comedies.
>>
>>67773794
It also incentivizes better service. Despite the stereotype it's rare for people to tip bad or half-assed service.

The harder you work, the better you get tipped, and the more incenive you have to keep working hard.
>>
>>67771471
Never understood why my people do this. Are they clapping because nobody took control of the plane and steered it into some buildings? It's the pilots job to fly and operate a plane. The Clapping Starts when the Pilot asks to put your seat belts on.
>>
>>67773395
Fuck you that shit was funny as fuck when it first came out.
Now it's kinda old, but only cause so many things took inspiration from it that it feels like you've seen it even if you haven't actually seen it
>>
was in america last year and can confirm.

clap during and after a film, over the top laughter at the shittiest jokes, literally jumping out of their seats during 'scary' scenes that any 12 year old who has ever watched a thriller/horror film would be able to anticipate.

yanks are fucking retarded
>>
>>67774245

Exactly, we should just pay everyone minimum wage and let customers tip them. Doctors and nurses should get tips if they provide good service to patients, otherwise there's no incentive for them to keep working hard.
>>
>>67774245
We put money in the tip jar for everything. There is no service yet when they haven't even started making your coffee drink.

Yet we tip.

I think it is fear that the barista will put something icky in our latte.

It isn't a reward for service, it is a bribe.
>>
>>67774368

No, it's shit. US comedy is superior, The Daily Show and LastWeekTonight are hilarious
>>
File: Bn71GQy.jpg (16 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
Bn71GQy.jpg
16 KB, 500x370
I don't do it, but genuinely don't care when others clap at the end. The movie is over, so do whatever the fuck you want. I can't believe how some of you here get so upset over dumb shit like this.
>>
File: dickbutt.jpg (5 KB, 319x158) Image search: [Google]
dickbutt.jpg
5 KB, 319x158
>>67771247
>My face when I thought the clapping thing was just average tier banter
>>
>>67770806
Very rarely in my experience. Sometimes during midnight releases, especially when you have a huge dedicated audience (like for comic book movies) we'll clap. I think it's a response to something we just fucking love.
>>
>>67770806
If it's a good movie. Then yes
>>
>>67770806
Everyone is lying. Yes, it actually happens depending on the film. If it was bad nothing happens. If it was some great film that has people crying people will actually stand up and clapclapclap.

Blacks are usually awful about it. Like in Django, if some slave owner was killed you'll actually hear whistles and claps.
>>
>people clapping on aeroplanes
Holy fucking what? WHY? Movies I can somewhat understand especially if it's a highly anticipated movie. But on a plane?
>>
>>67770806
I do it because i like to feel good about myself when people think it is a social expectation and start following suit.
> DO IT ANON! See what happens.
>>
>be American
>wake up to clapping alarm
>clap to turn it off
>head to clapping school for 8 hours
>come home mom claps
>father claps me on the back
>watch the nightly clapping match on TV
>have mom clap me to sleep

It's a good life anon
>>
>>67770806
Yes, I clap so the live feedback mics hidden in the movie room make sure the director hears how happy I am
>>
>>67771622
Are you ok, britbong?
>>
>>67775627
You left out visiting Shaniqua later that night and catching the clap.
>>
>>67771860
"All the Jurassic movies fucking sucked"

What's it like sucking your dads dick every night? I bet it sucks too.
>>
>>67775927
Ne does have a point, though.

The book was excellent.

I read the book first and then watched the movie and was very disappointed.
>>
>>67770806
Only when the movie was really really good
>>
>>67776075
The book was pretty based but the first movie fucking owns. Every movie since has sucked massive dick though,
>>
>>67771188
Star Wars inspired me to go see these popular movies opening night

I love seeing these people, I just enjoy their company in the theatre
>>
>>67770806
It depends on the movie.

When my uncle and aunt were both normies in highschool and dating each other, they told me that at the end of The movie Rocky, everyone got up and started to lose their collective shit and began to clap when he beat the boxer from the Soviet Union.

Me personally, I've seen it a few times.

At the end of the new Star Wars film, and also at the end of the American Sniper film.

As a normie that's been to the movies a whole bunch with dates though, I can tell you that most of the time, most people here don't do that.

I guess for the times we do, we just get really passionate about the film that we are watching and show our appreciation in the form of clapping towards the end, which I think is a pretty cool thing, despite all the flak and negative attention international people online try to put it in.
>>
>>67771622
Will you and your autism fuck off?
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 340x565
>>67776427
tl;dr
>>
>>67770806
They clap the pilot upon touchdown too.
>>
>>67776663
>I have the attention span of a Goldfish

Kek

Tl;dr
Clapping happens in the movies that inspire the most nostalgia, patriotic fervor, or anything with a strong emotional basis really

And to me, that's really not a bad thing
>>
>>67770806
>not posting this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ43eKaWmWw
>>
>>67776427
>applauds this post
>>
>>67770806

just wait till you get to watch a movie with a theater full of blacks.
>>
>>67770806
Only cringe worthy neets do this
>>
>>67771471
Russians clap too when they land.

Legends say that during Soviet times people were happy when the piece of shit used to transport people by air didn't wreck or fall apart. They were so excited that clapping was the best option too encourage yourself.

Maybe Americans feel the same.
>>
>>67775250
wtf are you talking about where do you live because im from Tennessee and ive laterally never heard people clap after a movie except one time at a nigger movie theater
>>
when i went to orlando 2 weeks ago theyd clap after every roller coaster ride

shit was funny af
>>
>>67776976
Feels good, doesn't it?
>>
>clapping was a way for the audience to show appreciation to the actors on stage

>theatre, plays, comedies.. this made sense because the performers were physically there

>americans clap for a movie screen with pixels in it

urhhhh....guys?
>>
>>67777024
and you fucking europoors clap when a fucking airplane lands living in europe is like living in what europoors think america is like
>>
>>67772563
>Deliniquisha
Kek
>>
>at Washington air show a couple of years ago
>chat with burger awacs guy, he's pretty chill
>oh hey, the usaf thunderbirds are about to take off
>excited as fuck, thank you based America
>we wait
>a woman's voice comes over the loudspeaker
>"thank you people of the United Kingdom for allowing us to visit wadding ton air show this year"
>Woo yeah let's see the f-16s!
>"we in America are honoured by our foreign partners in protecting world peace blah blah"
>the hype train slowly but surely grinds to a halt
>the woman spends literally the next ten minutes introducing each pilot and their history
>the f16s are just lined up at the end of the runway doing fuck all
>everybody is asking the same question
>"why the fuck won't they just take off"
>they take off, nobody cares
>their display is shit
>go buy some ice cream and watch the turkroach f16 take off and fuck the sky like a warplane should
I was looking forward to the Thunderbirds so much. Why are you guys so autistic with your armed forces?
>>
>>67777731
waddington air show, I swear to Christ this fucking autocorrect
>>
>>67777731
The Thunderbirds justify their existence as a recruiting tool.

So they milk it for all it is worth.
>>
>>67770806
no, only autistic people and people on drugs do that, and those are everywhere. by the way, go see deadpool.
>>
Sometimes
>>
>>67770806
sometimes. its cringeworthy when they do to be honest. I dont know why anyone does this here.
>>
Sometimes - but did you know Israeli Jews clap when the plane they're on lands?
>>
>>67770806
No.
>>
File: coollook.jpg (12 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
coollook.jpg
12 KB, 375x360
>>67770806
>>67771188
that is sad
>>
>>67770806
I'm applauding your post right now.
>>
>>67770806
Sometimes clap at the end for a laugh

You need to commit to it for at least 10 solid seconds. Golf clap works too.
>>
>>67770806
Friend of mine was in Iceland with his missus recently and said all the Americans started clapping when they seen the northern lights. Had me in fucking stitches remembering the whole Americlap shit.

He said it was pretty embarrassing to watch
>>
>>67770806
People tend to clap at film festivals if the filmmaker is present and if they liked the film
>>
>>67770806
>Highly anticipated movie comes out
>As soon as the first frame is on screen people are cheering and whistling for the first minute or two
>Don't get to hear the opening dialogue
>Credits roll
>People clap the entire time
I haven't gone to a movie since.
>>
You eurofaggots are so lucky you don't have to share cinemas with American niggers. Seriously the most obnoxious group of people to ever set foot in a cinema.

>always talking at the movie
>always talking to each other
>always doing some stupid nigger shit

Jesus fuck I try to give people the benefit of a doubt but niggers disappoint every time
>>
Well they do laugh when told too. So I think yes.
>>
>>67771791
Someone in the theater yelled out "Oorah! Murica!" After the scene where that mudslimes sniper dies, and everyone in the theater laughed and clapped."
>>
I watched a whole mountain top of people clap for a sunset once
>>
>>67770806
Only seen that happen at one movie. The first Harry Potter movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 400x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 400x356
>>67770806

Years ago, I started a thread asking /pol/ to explain why the word "americlap". I was told of the clapping. I never noticed clapping until that moment. Then, I noticed it a lot.

I just went to Disney World. My fellow Americans clapped at the end of a ride. I saw Star Wars a day before it premiered (long story). Hardcore Star Wars fanatics in the house. They clapped for everything. First time C3P-0 appeared, they clapped. First time Han Solo appeared, they clapped. First time the Millennium Falcon appeared, they clapped. When Luke appeared, they clapped. When the movie ended, they clapped and cheered like maniacs.

Strange behavior. I don't really understand it.
>>
>>67779632

That's part of the reason why they're going out of business. Why would I want to leave the comfort of my own cage to be bothered by constant "yeaaahhhhh gurrrrrrl" spewing? And sitting on seats that god knows what has happened on them.

Or, worse yet, shot when I just want to see the new Batmobile.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.