[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not a coincidence that 89.5% of Nobel Prize winner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14
File: 2131209381.jpg (474 KB, 940x1260) Image search: [Google]
2131209381.jpg
474 KB, 940x1260
It's not a coincidence that 89.5% of Nobel Prize winners are theists, or that 8/10 of the highest IQs ever recorded belong to theists. They are simply smarter than atheists.

https://books.google.com.br/books?id=3jrbmL-DgZQC&pg=PA57&source=gbs_toc_r&hl=sv#v=onepage&q&f=false

http://www.examiner.com/article/of-10-highest-iq-s-on-earth-at-least-8-are-theists-at-least-6-are-christians
>>
Atheists BTFO
>>
>>67768760
>89.5% of Nobel Prize winners are theists
source?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x520
>>
>>67769976
(nonatheist =\= theist)
>>
File: sandnigger.png (244 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
sandnigger.png
244 KB, 1024x512
>>67768760
>>
I'm not atheist by any stretch of the imagination, it takes far too much time to spend all day trying to disprove something that cannot be neither proven, nor disproven as of yet by humanity.

I don't believe in 1 single religion either, but in the idea of religion and worship as a whole as a fundamentally human activity and the values behind religion seek to promote that, not only being a good person by your culture's standards but being a true human being.
>>
>>67768760
Then the middle east should be fulled with nobel prize winners and smart people and is not.
>>
>>67770247
How the hell do you Jew words that hard?
>>
File: .jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>>67768760
False equivalencies

Try harder, Ulf.
>>
>>67770277
The more muslims you have in your country
The more likely it is you will get shot in the head for being a girl going to school

some one shoop that into that picture
>>
Atheism was created during the Babylonian era by a supposed learned being whom wanted to create his own teaching and seem greatly learned among his peers.
>>
>>67772143
FUCK OFF NAMEFAG
>>
>>67768760
Athiesm has only been a mainstream, acceptable thing to be in much of the world for 30 years. Most Noble winners are older, so grew up religious. There's not enough time of data to judge that yet.
>>
>>67768760
Indeed, it's not a coincidence... Leave it to a theist to fail at understanding statistics.
>>
File: KIKE.jpg (43 KB, 295x182) Image search: [Google]
KIKE.jpg
43 KB, 295x182
>>67772020
>>
Religions tend to value family, and there is a strong correlation between coming from a stable family and having high IQ.
>>
>>67772852
pot calling kettle black
>>
>>67768760
well, for almost all history of mankind, there were only theists. that only changed in the second half of the 20th century and only in the west (and communist countries)

more interesting imo is, that many of the philosophers that atheists like to claim for their cause were in fact pious men.
>>
File: t,thxyho.png (870 KB, 1160x1844) Image search: [Google]
t,thxyho.png
870 KB, 1160x1844
OP is faggot
false statistics
I marked only a fraction
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nonreligious_Nobel_laureates
>>
>>67772591
>>67774002

Nice straw man. People 2000 years ago weren't idiots. "Ohh hurr durr, there were fewer atheists back then because we didn't have good understanding of the world."
>>
>>67775399
Leave it to a jew to spread lies and deceit. Your race is of the synagogue of Satan.
>>
>>67771894
Except over 86% of those theists are either jewish or christian.
>>
File: rf.jpg (53 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
rf.jpg
53 KB, 850x400
>>67776863
>feynman was theist
>>
>>67775399
I know for sure that niels bohr believed in god and i'm pretty sure einstein did as well.

Dont be a kike, jew.
>>
>>67778192
He can't help it. His racial lineage goes all the way back to Satan.
>>
>>67778192
"Bohr was an atheist"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Bohr

"Albert Einstein's religious views have been studied extensively. He said he believed in the "pantheistic" God of Baruch Spinoza, but not in a personal god, a belief he criticized. He also called himself an agnostic"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Albert_Einstein
>>
>>67778888
Doesn't matter, still a God, still a theist.

Also, good job on referring to jewpedia.
>>
>>67778888
Jewpedia.

Kike

Remove yourself please.
>>
>>67779071
Pretty sure bohr was an athiest from what people said about his philosophical views.
>>
>>67779320
That is the exact issue here.
Other people said it, not him.

Not his friends either.

He read and liked christian philosophers most.
>>
>>67779071
>Doesn't matter, still a God, still a theist.
same word.
completely different definition.

"According to the philosopher William L. Rowe: "In the popular sense of the term, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in God, whereas an atheist disbelieves in God." "
>>
>>67779657
We could spin it around and say that only 10,5% of Nobel Prize winners are atheists, and that the rest are either theists or deists. It's pretty much irrelevant, since both theists and deists believe in a higher being, wheras atheists do not.
>>
>>67780009
Also, I'm an agnostic theist. I don't proclaim to know that God exist, hence I "believe".
>>
>>67768760
Barrack Obama won the noble prize.

Are you going to sit here and tell me that it means anything?

Fuck man, most of this board (myself included) believes in God, but retards like you make it fucking difficult to.
>>
>>67780228
He won the peace prize, so no, it doesn't really mean anything. I'm generally talking about the remaining prizes. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>67768760

>nobel prize winner
>theist
>tesla
>>
>>67779112
fucking checked
>>
>>67780228
Win peace prize.
Bomb 7 countries.

Ayy lmao.
>>
File: 1454522315984.jpg (116 KB, 747x721) Image search: [Google]
1454522315984.jpg
116 KB, 747x721
>>67768760

Atheism doesn't make any sense.

Two people I respect the least are Muslims (for their stupidity, violence, and arrogance) and Atheists (for their incompetent inability to see that their waking life is scientifically explained to have astronomically complex order and vastness).
>>
>>67780514
I posted an image of Tesla because he was highly intelligent and a theist. Not that hard to conclude.
>>
>>67780514
Tesla's father was a priest. He invented alternating current and Fluorescent light-bulbs. I think, considering we use AC to this day, that's a reasonable achievement. Let alone Fluorescent lighting.
>>
>>67768760
Atheists on a large scale have existed for less than 1% the time theists have though.
>>
>>67768760
They come from conforming families who are rewarded for their conformity with jobs, social interaction, status. Kids get stability, nourishment, schooling, social interaction. Atheists brood over the meaninglessness of it all, causing stress and wasted time. If they come from atheist families, they are outcasts with none of the perks theist families enjoy
>>
File: tellmemore.jpg (82 KB, 688x485) Image search: [Google]
tellmemore.jpg
82 KB, 688x485
>>67780758
>>67780938

He loved Christian tradition and morality, but he was not a theist.

>There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul" or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise
>>
>>67781426
>“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
>>
>>67775399

This. The book OP linked isn't rigurous, and it seems to simply look at the religious background instead of actually researching the religious beliefs of Nobel Prize winners. I mean, the damn book lists Steven Weinberg as religious, how fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: 1457706144927.png (30 KB, 1025x761) Image search: [Google]
1457706144927.png
30 KB, 1025x761
>>67782071
>>
>>67782347
It's not one small inconsistency, the book lists several outspoken atheists as religious. Feynman even rejected being considered jewish on ethnic grounds, yet there he is in the book under "Jewish religion".

That's a glaring mistake, no matter how you spin it, big enough to dismiss the book.
>>
File: 1457278042994.png (280 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1457278042994.png
280 KB, 620x350
Surprised no Croats in this thread being butthurt about Teslas ethnicity.
>>
>Examiner.com
>a network of local news websites, allowing "pro–am contributors" to share their city-based knowledge on a blog-like platform
>When questioned, Jim Pimentel, executive editor of Examiner said, "They're blogs. They don't get edited. We don't give any direction to people on what to write in their blogs. And that's standard operating procedure."
>Pimentel said the Examiner has "a less-strict standard for accuracy and attribution in stories that appear on the Web" than for publications in print".
>See also: Content farm

You've linked to a glorified blog.

Here's some issues with the article. Many of these people are people nobody's ever heard of that the author seems to have found in dark corners of the Internet. I've heard of three, two (Langan and Rosner) who were famous for their IQs and Kasparov. The list also leaves out people with famously high IQs, including the most famous IQ ever, Marilyn vos Savant (who doesn't seem to be a Christian, but hasn't discussed her views on God); Kim Ung-yong the South Korean who took her place in Guinness World Records isn't mentioned either. William James Sidis, perhaps the most impressive savant in history and the youngest person to ever enter Harvard, isn't mentioned either, and he was an avowed atheist from the time he was a small child. (Vos Savant, Ung-yong, and Sidis all have Wikipedia articles.) So there's severe cherry-picking here.

(Cont)
>>
File: ScammingJew.jpg (11 KB, 194x211) Image search: [Google]
ScammingJew.jpg
11 KB, 194x211
>>67768760
Nobel prize is a jewish jerkoff designed to make inferior kikes look better than they really are. The people who run it are (surprise) kikes.
>>
>>67781426
Tesla was a Deist. A different form of Theism.
>>
Second, even on this cherry-picked list that includes shady Internet non-entities, six of these people are either not Christians or there is simply no evidence that they're Christians.

Jelloul says he believes in God. That's not Christianity. Same for Langan (I've read a bit about him, and he's claimed he tries to stay from codified religious doctrines, though he does believe Genesis has some 'metaphorical truth' or something). He doesn't have any information about Tao's religious or theistic beliefs. For Hirata he says the following
>Hirata posted the following to his Facebook on October 31, 2013: "Today's experience: saying the Lord's prayer with a homeless couple on Colorado Boulevard. It may not feed or shelter them, but I hope that it made a difference in their lives." So he is clearly both a Theist and a Christian.
It sounds like he said a prayer with some people because it was a nice thing to do. He says "It may not feed or shelter them". "Clearly a Christian"? I don't think so. The guy's asian too.

For Katsioulis, I googled. I can't find anything about his religion. He says 'apparently he's a Chrstian', but gives no source. Rosner doesn't seem to be a Christian and seems more like an agnostic. "An infinity of gods" is not something I hear a lot of Christians saying.

And even Kasparov (the only person who's done anything other score high on a test on this list), when asked if he considered a religious Jew given his father's heritage, said "No. I, I would call myself a Christian, you know, sort of self-appointed Christian. But I, I'm very indifferent to that." Not exactly setting the world on fire with his religiosity.

Kenneth Ferrel doesn't even get Google results. The link is just some FB page.

And Andrew Magdy Kamal is some 'autistic savant' no one's ever heard of. I don't know where you'd source his IQ.

So this list is very flawed. And largely an appeal to authority in any case.
>>
>>67782347
>one small inconsistency
no, I marked only a fraction.
Yitzhak Rabin (former israeli prime minister) was also an atheist.
>>
>>67782943
>The people who run it are (surprise) kikes.
source?
>>
>>67783155
Where did you read that? Jewpedia again?
>>
>>67782347
>>67782629

There's also the fact that the book doesn't mention who are considered christians, which makes the whole thing even more dubious.
>>
>>67782842
I'm here, just Don't want to start an argument, for some dead guy. Yes he did amazing things, and should be read about, just I don't care enough to start an argument, that leads to name calling
>>
>>67783331
>Where did you read that?
"Rabin was an atheist"
http://www.hagalil.com/israel/rabin/israel/rabin.htm
Rabin was an atheist
>>
File: scared merchant.png (129 KB, 354x504) Image search: [Google]
scared merchant.png
129 KB, 354x504
>>67783281
Micheal Sohlman is the current director of nobel foundation.
Sohlman
>>
>>67778888
>pantheistic

Pantheism has triquads of truth.

But I think accepting that your own persona is not the centre of the universe requires some intelligence. Denying an entire concept that is rather undeniable because it can not be proven requires a lot of confidence, that is rarely found in self-reflective people.
>>
>>67783736
not any name that ends with 'man' is a Jewish name.
do you have a source?
>>
File: fedora3.jpg (123 KB, 507x626) Image search: [Google]
fedora3.jpg
123 KB, 507x626
>>67768760
Here we go again.
>>
>>67773510

it means circle and alludes to the magical rituals
>>
>>67782943
>Nobel prize

Nobel made his money selling weapons, whats so honorable and peaceful about that?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.