[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WWII General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Motherland vs Fatherland.png (261 KB, 1201x921) Image search: [Google]
Motherland vs Fatherland.png
261 KB, 1201x921
Would the Russians still have defeated Nazi Germany without American intervention on the Western front?
>>
>>67768100
Probably not
>>
>>67768100
Yes. Hitler's forces were spread thin, and Russians knew Japan wouldn't attack Russia, so they could mobilize all forces on the western front. Hitler wasn't a good strategist, he did the exact same stupid shit as Napoleon, and German leaders during WW1.
It's just the most basic knowledge of history.
>>
>>67768100

Yes, they would have, but the Soviets would not have won, if the Americans hadnt sent millions of supplies etc.
>>
No. We bombed their manufacturing and supplied the Soviets. Would've still lasted a long ass time though.
>>
If atomic weapons were not a thing, then yes.
Conventially speaking, there was no stopping the Russians. They had simply too many fucking people and the superior firepower/battle tech of the Germans wasn't slowing them.

However, without the American distraction, it's possible the Nazis would have held the Soviets off long enough to complete the atomic bomb. But nobody can say for sure.
>>
>>67768100
i know this is a bait thread that later will transform into "lend-lease won the war, not the Soviet soldiers" but still why would you make it? We never ridicule USA for Pearl-Harbour disaster and other failures, we never try to question European soldiers bravery and yet you always try to diminish our role in this war.
>>
>>67768419

Thats because lend-lease literally won the war. Russian army doctrine was suicidal without massive manpower/supplies.

I respect the Russians, they fought bravely under the worst conditions with threats of getting shot in the back, BUT they would have collapsed within the year, if not for American lend-lease.
>>
>>67768295
I don't think you know just how many Russians there were.
When they won, they still had the overwhelming majority of their fighting forces left to spare.
>>
>>67768100
Yep. And they would've kept going too, all the way to the Atlantic. They would've "liberated" France too and the Iron Curtain would've covered most of Europe.

Remember that when someone tells you "America didn't win WW2, the Russians did." If it wasn't for America all of France and German would be Soviet-bloc countries right now.
>>
>>67768544
So the lend-lease tanks were robotic and unmanned? Lend-lease planes could fly without Russian pilots who risked their lives and were shooting german planes? Our people have nothing to do with the victory, its the American lend-lease robots who marched the Eastern Europe and risked their hardware?
>>
>>67768100
In my opinion, if America had made it clear that it was not going to war against Hitler, Britain may have given up the fight against Germany and negotiated a truce.

But even if WWII was reduced to a one-front war, Russia is just too big to be conquered by a single country, and I have to assume that the Germans would still have fatigued albeit after a longer period of time. However, I bet Russia and Germany would have ended the war with some kind of truce instead of with the total destruction of the German state.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>67768100
>>
>>67768694
>I bet Russia and Germany would have ended the war with some kind of truce instead of with the total destruction of the German state.
Russia had adopted a "victory under any cost" mentality. They were willing to sacrifice millions more than they did.
>>
So CHIYNA and Russia both had higher death tolls than the Jews did.

Why don't we ever talk about this?
Hell, China is barely mentioned at all.
>>
>>67768692

Can you read?

I said:

>Soviet Army doctrine would not have worked without massive supplies and lend-lease

Yeah, you would have gotten destroyed like in Kiev.
>>
>>67769310

Because Russians and Chinese arent the Chosen PeopleĀ©
>>
>>67769509
Also it wasn't straight up slaughter
>>
Something like 80-90% of German casualties on the eastern front were from artillery. Without US artillery guns and ammo the Germans would have reached the Pacific.
>>
>>67768100

Only a delusional idiot with no knowledge about WWII can make such a claim. Stalingrad happened before any American intervention on the Western front. So did Kursk.

Lend lease only became a serious factor in 1943, after Stalingrad.
>>
Yes, ignore the shitposters talking about 'muh lend lease'. Barbarossa was supposed to deliver victory; when that failed, Germany was doomed.
>>
>>67768100
Hitler defeated the German Army
with his retarded bullshit.
>>
>>67768419

Anti-Russian propaganda never ended with the Cold War. In the '90s they painted Russia as a failed state full of drunkards and idiots that deserved its miserable fate. Now they paint Putin as the new Hitler.
>>
File: fucktard.png (234 KB, 1232x638) Image search: [Google]
fucktard.png
234 KB, 1232x638
>>67770742
>>
>>67768100
Barbarossa was supposed to be the only plan and achieve victory.
But it failed, that led to case blue and numerous other operations.

Also a note for the historically illiterate:

The German military is most consistently overrated fighting force of World War II. The Wehrmacht was impressive in its victories, and still dangerous in its defeats, but it had some mind boggling flaws which the myth of German military genius and the "blame Hitler" excuse often served to hide. For their part, the Russians are underrated more than they're overrated. For the longest time they were seen as a blundering mass of men and tanks who just ground over the Germans with endless waves. The recognition of their operational skill and sophistication is a relatively new thing in the West and based on a much more thorough understanding of the Eastern Front since the end of the Cold War. The USSR were generally on the back foot until late-1942, but after that the Soviets repeatedly showed the ability to consistently out-general the Germans. The German high command repeatedly failed to correctly identify the time and place of major Red Army offensives, and was thus consistently unable to stop them, and then when those offensives developed they were always playing catch-up with the fast moving Soviet Tank Armies.
>>
>>67768100
>implying western front was opened to defeat Germany.
>>
>>67768692

This man gets it. American supplies were actually far more important to the war effort than actual american fighting forces on the ground.
>>
>>67768100
yes
/thread
>>
>>67768692
>implying lend-lease was a help to allies and not just a great trick to improve US heavy industry.
>>
>>67770955
Trucks helped a lot even early on desu. If any foreign organization is to be thanked for assistance on the eastern front, it is not a government or an army, it's Ford Motor Company.
>>
no reason to believe why they wouldn't
the soviets ended the war with enough resources to steamroll the rest of europe
>>
>>67768100
Probably.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.