[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do schools work in a Libertarian society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1454823061486.png (87 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
1454823061486.png
87 KB, 960x535
How do schools work in a Libertarian society?
>>
File: 1449149629283.jpg (80 KB, 450x399) Image search: [Google]
1449149629283.jpg
80 KB, 450x399
>>67766057
>work
>Libertarian society
>>
>>67766115
>Libertarian Society
>society
>>
>>67766057
they don't
infact nothing works in a libertarian socitey because its such a stupid system
>>
>>67766057
most is home schooling
some is private schooling
public schooling may be available but discouraged
>>
>>67766057
a libertarian society isn't a society. It's anarchy and only leads to new societies being formed
>>
>>67766057
A libertarian would tell you "Private schools and tutors" but the better solution is adopting autodidacticism instead of sending people to shitty indoctrination daycares.
>>
>>67766400
Someone please convince me that libertarians aren't actually this retarded
>>
>>67766505
you would rather the state tell your kids they are privileged white bisexuals?
>>
Children sit in a classroom and a teacher teaches them stuff
>>
>>67766057
Private schools, public education via the internet (a la Stefan style), and home schooling.
>>
File: spoiler-vg1.png (209 B, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
spoiler-vg1.png
209 B, 100x100
>>67766057
doesn't libertarian mean that the state interferes as less as possible? why are you retards pretending that it is the same as anarcho-capitalism? taxes still exist, necessary bureacracy still exists, roads are still being built. it's just that private economy is much more independent and people are not taxed for ridiculous social services like welfare or food stamps.
>>
>>67766547
It's more practical than having me stay home some how to teach my child
>>
>>67766057
Can't be worse than the public school system is now.

>hurr durr
>but how will the children survive without sex ed, being forced to read Pride and Prejudice, and watching Bill Nye all day?!

You learn more in 10 mins on /pol/ than you learn in a month at school
>>
>>67766711
>Not having one parent stay home with the child, regardless.

Why do you hate your offspring?
>>
>>67766617
This.

I don't get why is this a problem. Cheap private education would become common and the price will depend on how good the school is.
>>
>>67766860
>Pretending there is any chance both parents wouldn't have to work in your lolbertarian fantasy
>>
File: 1458217252297.png (74 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
1458217252297.png
74 KB, 960x535
>>67766057
Here is the correct version of that picture
>>
>>67766861
>Private education
>cheap
>>
We have private schools now, extrapolate.
>>
>>67767020
In the US, private education does a better job of teaching the children, and costs less per head than public education.
>>
File: Diagram.jpg (230 KB, 1472x1429) Image search: [Google]
Diagram.jpg
230 KB, 1472x1429
Read Deschooling Society by Ivan Illich, is dated in parts since it was written in the 70s but the general ideas translate quite well to today, and in many ways are far more realistic with the rise of the internet than they ever were in his day.

The crux of it is that schools are inherently money sinks that are invested in keeping themselves as the gatekeepers of success in the world. He talks about quite a few methods for which people can access education that they actually need and want. This diagram is what I have in my powerpoint for the class I teach on the subject, it isn't great and obviously it expects you to have read the material but it should give you a basic idea.

Genuinely great book and free so you have no excuse.

http://thenewobserver.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/deschooling_society.pdf
>>
>>67766964
if they have the means of production a family unit can easily live off the labor of just one (see: history)
and that's not to say the mother can't do odd jobs, for example knitting, cooking, raising plants, etc.
also the kids will help out. they aren't just going to leave for the first commie block.
>>
>>67767020

When consumers don't have to pay the taxes necessary to support public education, and when the market for private education increases in size providers can offer the service for less. Additionally as more private education institutions are founded competition between those providers increases, and every individual provider has to increase the quality of their service or reduce the cost to remain competitive.
>>
>>67766696
The internet is just brainwashed to think small government = no government and that low taxes = no taxes
>>
>>67767130
I completely agree with this. Institutional education needs to bow out to autodidacticism.

Will read, thanks.
>>
>>67767365
Just realised I linked the wrong thing, that's just a summary but probably all you need to get the general idea. His ideas are surprisingly getting quite a lot of traction in British academia today since they're actually quite bipartisan. A lot of what he talks about is how the schooling system is particularly bad for poor people since they're taught a whole pile of stuff they'll never use or care about. Which in turn is bad for society as they stay poor and a drain on the economy. Both left and right wing people can get behind that really.

Here's the full thing if you actually want it.

http://learning.media.mit.edu/courses/mas713/readings/DESCHOOLING.pdf
>>
>>67766696
People on the internet think in black and white.

They latch on to whatever they are told without question so a few clever people can spew bullshit out of their mouths and get millions of people to believe it because for some reason when something is posted on the internet only a few decide to question it.
>>
File: Classic failure.jpg (353 KB, 700x556) Image search: [Google]
Classic failure.jpg
353 KB, 700x556
People teach themselves. Indoctrination centers exist as wall between people and their ambitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlNnU39I2hA
>>
>>67766115
>>67766172
All of my keks
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.