[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is global warming real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: global-warming.jpg (139 KB, 800x872) Image search: [Google]
global-warming.jpg
139 KB, 800x872
Is global warming real?
>>
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 1190x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 1190x778
>>67761661
In the sense that the world's climate has been warming and a good portion can be attributed to humans, yes.

In the sense it is a civilizational crisis and something that needs dramatic action now? No.
>>
Global Warming was topical maybe 5 years ago

Everyone has forgotten about it/no longer cares

In 10 years from now, it will be a non-issue and models will be shown to be completely at odds with observed data
>>
>>67762210
it's a geopolitical crisis because it changes things like arable land and rainfall, and sea levels will rise
>>
Can someone who is into this more than me tell me if ill ever be able to go snowboarding close to home in my lifetime? Its getting worse every year
>>
>>67762503
not in a significant way
>>
Climates change whether we like it or not
>>
>>67761661

climate change is real because the climate always changed throughout history

liberals and leftists cucks are egomaniac fucks who think humans can change this planet that is here for over 4 billion years in 150 yrs fundamentally
>>
>>67762210
Prove it kike.
>>
>>67761661
Who cares? Leave it for the future faggots to deal with.
>>
>>67761661
Manmade global warming is a real thing. It's maybe the most studied thing of the last few decades, it's fucking real and it's only a few fringe scientists saying it's not. 2015 was the hottest year on record.

However, there is bullshit among it too. The Left is selling it as a doomsday thing which is bullshit. It's a geopolitical crisis, not an existential one. It will change things like arable land and rainfall which governments will no doubt fight over. All wars are over economics.

But there are things to be worried about like ocean life. More carbon in the air means the ocean soaks more up. This acidifies the ocean and it kills off microorganisms. This could begin a chain reaction and could be an absolute disaster for ocean life. We don't really know how well life will adapt to things like warmer water so who really knows
>>
>>67761661
yes

the summer heat we've had in Norway the past years is a fucking godsend holy fuck i hate the cold
>>
>>67762626
you haven't read anything about how things have changed in the last 2k years obviously
>>
>>67762626
Are you pretending to be retarded or have you missed something known as the Syrian civil war?
>>
>>67762944
This is a good point. Syria is going through the worst drought ever and it's been attributed to the civil war raging right now.

The Middle East has been drying out over the last 2k years though. In antiquity the geography was more like the African Savannah, grasslands and things like lions and elephants everywhere. Now it's turning into desert.

We have stuff written down from people that traveled with Alexander the Great and they often traveled by boat through river systems that no longer exist today in Iran and Afghanistan, which used to be a lot greener.
>>
>>67762944
>>67763109
You guys bring up a good point.

Now that I think about it one could attribute the israel palestinian conflict as well to drought

And look at africa, why does a black man rape a baby and then proceed to eat it and then shit on his own bed? Africa is hot and drought.
>>
>>67763305
The issue is that in the middle east is that they don't really have mechanised farming like the West does and so a lot more people are farmers or at least have their own orchards plus a job. When drought happens the price of food rises dramatically and also the loss of disposable income and suddenly they've got no means to eat. If you look at revolutions and revolts throughout history it often happens this way.
>>
File: town.jpg (328 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
town.jpg
328 KB, 1280x960
>>67761661
Climate change is real.
When the Romans were here in Northern England, they grew grapes and made wine. It's cold all the time now.

Is climate change caused by human activity?
No idea. We have the strongest limitations on pollution; your country too Frenchbro. The air is clean and there are laws to limit the nefarious activities of industry.
China and India don't care. They just spill shit everywhere.

Pic is my town. It's pollution free.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 807x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 807x752
>>67763658
Again, excellent point, you have convinced me, we have to destroy the enemies water supply and that will ensure VICTORY!
>>
>>67763892
I'm not sure if that's what you really want. You'll get a lot more immigrants during times of instability. What you want is these countries to become stable and prosperous so that people have no reason to leave and also their culture will change to having a couple kids instead of 5+
>>
to deny the human impact on climate change is to reject the scientific consensus. To do that you have to be a retarded conspiracy theorist fossil fuel loving c u c k
>>
>>67764051
Then we will do all the water. Can't avoid that.
>>
>>67761661
Fuck no, it's not real... at least not the "man-made" aspect of it.... being a liberal is a fucking religion... they believe anything their told and just "have faith".
>>
>>67764441
They're
>>
>>67764441
it's time to kill yourself
>>
>>67764786
Says the sub-70 IQ retard.
>>
>>67762298
Models are already at odds with observed data.
>>
>>67764843
I'm an engineer and my life has been in the sciences.

You're a fucking caricature of an American. Arrogant, ignorant, an absolute laughing stock. Just kill yourself already
>>
>>67761661
no
>>
>>67765247
you're right, this year has been getting warmer faster than the models predicted.
>>
File: global-warming.png (71 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
global-warming.png
71 KB, 852x480
>>67761661
>Is global warming real?
Let's hope for the best.
>>
>>67761661
Climate change is.
>>
>>67765337
How do any of us know, the climate scientists don't ever release the models to have them checked independently
>>
>>67765635
Climate models in the early 2000s predicted time and time again that there would be "over a million refugees from rising ocean levels by 2015"
It's 2016
Where are the refugees of sea level rise?
Where is the lost landmass from sea level rise?
>>
>>67764161
'Conspiracies' are rarely intentionally planned and executed by 'conspirators' telling lies. As long as there are psychological or financial incentives, large groups of people will act accordingly without any need for collusion or direction.

Do feminist 'leaders' meet in a room and plot to intentionally remove free speech and demonize men? No, it's just the movement that has developed as insecure and unstable women started needing someone to blame for the 'trauma' they feel when reality threatens to pop the bubble of delusion they need to feel good about themselves.

The green movement grew as people found they could feel like they were saving the world and making a difference, which strokes their egos in a very pronounced way.

As the movement became large enough to exploit for political purposes, politicians started backing it which further added to the growth. Competing scientists found a way to justify their research and acquire grants, since their work became vital to the survival of the planet if they make apocalyptic predictions. Once their self-esteem, careers and reputations are invested in this way, any dissenting or contradictory evidence threatens to rob them of this source of purpose, income and feeling of moral superiority and is subsequently attacked viciously. Research grant money is withdrawn and reputations ruined of anyone questioning the 'scientific consensus'.
>>
>>67765785
Yep if the models are wrong or incomplete what would an unethical scientist think of doing to maintain his funding......hmm
>>
>>67766067
This man gets it
>>
>>67766248
For some fun reading try to find the "climate gate" emails from the University of East Anglia
>>
>>67765635
They do, and they overestimate CO2s effect terribly.

Fun fact, doing historical regression from as recent as the 1800s leads to temperatures ten degrees above current temps.
>>
>>67764441
There are scientific claims. I get it that liberals exploit it, but it is real. It's about data, not beliefs.
>>
>>67762573
lmao pussy in canada we got no snow at all this year
prob once or twice
rn its 10c
>>
>>67766352
>Believing the long debunked climategate meme
Jesus I thought you people died out
>>
>Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.

The climate is a chaotic system

You figure it out
>>
>>67761661
it is called 'climate change'. warming failed as maymay
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.