[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. why doesnt Trump do a Ross Perot? He h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: trump1.jpg (5 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
trump1.jpg
5 KB, 250x247
I don't get it. why doesnt Trump do a Ross Perot?

He has the ENTIRE FUCKING COUNTRY looking at every little thing he does.. All he has to do, is do a 30-60 minute seminar explaining tot he public, even if its boring, about how wasteful the government is, using easy to understand charts and other information to inform us about whats happening and what we can do to fix it.

literally almost EVERYONE in the entire country who cannot get their eyes off the TV screen would see just how much Trump knows what to do, that many many iffy voters would flock to Trump because they realize that he actually knows whats ailing the country, instead of all his generalities....

I LOVE TRUMP, and I seriously want to try to convince him to do something like this youtube video (that Cicero quote at the beginning got me rock hard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIVI0CbCmg

does anyone else agree with me that we need to convince Trump to do a 30-60 minute video explaining how fucked up the governments budget is and how we can do at least a few things to add to the treasury and reduce our debt?

or is this topic too complicated for /pol/?
>>
File: trump2.jpg (2 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
trump2.jpg
2 KB, 125x123
>>
File: trump3.jpg (2 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
trump3.jpg
2 KB, 122x125
I already knew I wouldnt get it you faggots, my comments too long
>>
File: trump.webm (959 KB, 938x532) Image search: [Google]
trump.webm
959 KB, 938x532
i let this happen
>>
>>67756568
>>67756602
cant stump the trump
>>
I don't think Trump fans care much for details, they kinda just want the guy that everyone else hates and is possibly capable of kicking some ass in Washington.
I guess this is aimed at non trump fans, but it would probably still stand out too much from his normal appearance.
The Don has proven time and time again that he is far ahead of anyone else. Like a truly great chess player is.
>>
Did it work for Ross Perot? Did he become president?

Fuck no.

You do not become president of the united states with shit like "facts" and "information"

You become president by being cooler and more charismatic. Giving out information and taking a firm stance just gives your enemies something to attack and doesn't help you at all.
>>
>>67756913
This
>>
>>67756551
Probably waiting for generals to start the tear jerking pieces
>>
>>67756889
>I don't think Trump fans care much for details

bingo

this video won't be watched by anybody on the fence since a fencesitter isn't watching a 30-60m video, Trump supporters will watch it and will vote for Trump anyways and the anti-Trump crowd will think its all bullshit

hes best off doing the media saturation that he has been doing since Perot would have done the same thing if he had anywhere near the access to the media, debates and overall narrative of the cycle as Trump has this primary.
>>
>>67756889
>>67756913
I know what you guys are saying.. but Ross Perot fucked up by running third party.. then dropping out and coming back afterwards..

it was just too much to get the presidency.. Trump almost has this in the bag.. He needs to convince the rest of the GOP base and the rest of the Democrats that know he isnt just a racist bigot that he KNOWS whats happening and shit...

he can still act the way he does and stuff, but if he does a sit down and explains thing step by step, even if its still vaguely, I think he can get the establishment shills to at least have a REASON to come to Trump because he isnt just a "entertainment" candidate anymore

dont hate me for what I'm thinking, I'm just trying to throw some balls so we can have a legit discussion about Trump and what he needs to do to win this.. because I want him to win.
>>
>>67756913
Tragically this is true.
Television killed real politics decades ago.
We are all just polishing the glass on the Titanic now.
>>
>>67756889
You don't understand how american politics work if you think he can "kick some ass" in Washington.
They'll stonewall him at every turn.
>>
>>67756913
This, unfortunately.

But Donald has some clever people working for him, and it's nice to think that they'll work on viable ways to increase the detail level over time. Maybe they're strategically waiting until the primary situation is settled or somesuch.
>>
>>67757149
Behind a majority Republican congress?
>>
>>67756551
It was a different time Anon, most everyone was hooked on their 4 over the air networks back in 92. Perot reached everyone that way.
Trump could afford the airtime, but he wouldn't get nearly the reach Perot did. He's also not one for deep policy speeches, his style works best off the cuff and that doesn't work for that kind of infomercial.
I'm hoping he'll put out some good national commercials when its time for the general though.
>>
>>67757188
Yes.
Where have you been? Republicans fucking hate him
>>
>>67756551
He will but he has to do so correctly, time it right and motivate even more support. He will force GOP establishment to fuck him over at the convention and that is when he goes third party.

If done right then everyone even the "never trump" people will join him when outraged at the establishment trying to steal the election, even ted cruz will support him.
>>
>>67757188
>>67757149
I thought repubs hated him.
>>
>>67756551

> this topic
> complicated

Go to bed Trumpkins.
>>
>>67756551
>I don't get it. why doesnt Trump do a Ross Perot?

You mean lose?
>>
>>67757134
>he can still act the way he does and stuff, but if he does a sit down and explains thing step by step, even if its still vaguely, I think he can get the establishment shills to at least have a REASON to come to Trump because he isnt just a "entertainment" candidate anymore

it won't matter for the establishment crowd since some of Trump's biggest positions (trade and immigration especially) are already the antithesis to long-held establishment policy outlooks. Even if he articulated them in a long video, that still would have no impact on swaying them since its his views on those two topics especially why he is so disliked by the establishment.

the only way trump could really convert the die hard establishment holdouts would be to take a 180 on core positions that would alienate him from the base dramatically. you can't please everyone with a single platform and there will always be detractors.
>>
>>67757370
Because Cruz is still there. I think they'll change their tone quick when and if Trump gets the nomination.
>>
>>67756551
>Ross Perot
Yeah, great idea, I'm sure Ross Perot's name has been written somewhere as actual past president of United States.
>>
>>67757414
Ross Perot dropped out after having his family threatened. I don't think Trump is going to back down that easily.

As for winning or losing over it, that's tougher to call. But Trump postures himself as can't stop / won't stop whether the GOP likes it or not, and whether the GOP blows itself up in the process or not. I think this is the correct thing to do regardless of the final outcome.
>>
>Why doesn't Trump become a boring loser instead of the exciting winner that has carried him to victory after victory

Just let the man do what he's doing.; In case you hadn't noticed, he's winning. He's got this.
>>
File: slap.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
slap.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>67757327
I understand, but I believe the time has come and almost has past.. hes got it in the bag, and now is the time to give real info on what he wants to do to balance the budget and stuff.. but maybe he should wait till the general election..

but what im saying is, LITERALLY THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS LOOKING AT TRUMP.. and he has the opportunity to literally do ANYTHING he wants, and EVERYONE will look at it at this moment.. if he does a boring as fuck seminar about what the country needs to do to balance the budget, and add a surplus, I really wouldnt doubt the media would be all over that shit in an instant.
>>
File: aristotle.jpg (70 KB, 736x856) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.jpg
70 KB, 736x856
>>67757394
posting a thought provoking topic doesnt work on /pol/ sometimes. even though I think there isnt anything better than /pol/ when it comes to thought provoking topics without a filter, teasing them about the possibility that something is out of their reach gets them energized about the subject.

you should study psychology.
>>
>>67757761
Seriously if you're going to post statuary and big-name philosophy, you should at least get your smart quotes right.

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
Trump will call out directly what is going on if he is stonewalled. This man attacks viciously those that oppose him, his power is real and he will reach the people and heads will roll.
>>
>>67756551

Because Perot LOST.

Don't so what losers do.
>>
File: 1456798909251.png (677 KB, 924x707) Image search: [Google]
1456798909251.png
677 KB, 924x707
>>67757863
im not posting any quotes from philosophers in any specifics at the moment, ive been drinking a lot, but I'm super fucking well read if you want to get into a philosophy debate you little fgt.

just so I know where youre at ideological wise, who is your favorite politician? mine is Cicero.

come at me
>>
>>67756551
The thing is, if he actually showed the public the math, he'd be forced to concede that free trade has been an incredibly good thing for America.
>>
He's got nothing beyond "it'll be beautiful, you'll love it, believe me".
>>
>>67758038
Dude it's 6 in the morning. Stop drinking and go to sleep. "Smart quotes" refer to the directional nature of the quotation marks in your picture. The quotation mark at the beginning is backward, and it's a glaring sign of degenerate plebianness.
>>
File: taxiplane.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
taxiplane.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>67758176
he obviously knows, but if youve ever read any book that knows what theyre talking about when it comes to propoganda, you'd know that making your propaganda for the smarter people is a fuck up, and making it so that the general masses understand it and you repeat it is the BEST propaganda of all, its just how you get your message across vs. how simple you can get it across = how well it is received by the general masses. I get that his rhetoric isnt sophisticated, but I know he knows what hes doing.

>>67758265
ONLY 3:18 WHERE IM AT. and yeah, I get it, I'm literally just clicking whatever picture name seems appealing without looking at what im posting atm.

ill be passing out soon anyways
>>
>>67757761
Oh boy a pseudo-intellectual. Your shit is entry level
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.