[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOP “rule 40b” makes brokered convention impossible, only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1455562811518.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1455562811518.png
572 KB, 600x580
http://prntly.com/blog/breaking-gop-rule-40b-makes-brokered-convention-impossible-only-trump-qualifies-to-be-nominee/

>CAN'T STUMP
>>
>>67742763
>WON'T STUMP
>>
They can change the rules at literally any moment they want, you know that, right?
>>
>>67743690
This.
>>
>>67742763
Wait can't Cruz still win another state and win in a brokered convention then?
>>
Is this some delayed meme magic going on from when Ron Paul was attempted to be memed into presidency?
>>
>>67743770
It's not enough to win, you have to have a MAJORITY of the delegates in eight states. Cruz has never won a state by that high of a margin.
>>
>>67743910
Trump is a combined effort of many over a long period of time

Like what the Shamen did in 40k to create the Emperor
>>
>>67744112
Does Trump even have a clear majority in any of his victories? Other than WTA? What's the margin of victory.
>>
>>67744302
"Majority of the delegates" from 8 states not majority of the vote.
>>
>>67743690
They can't make a major change without approval
>>
they said on cnbc that rule dont mean shit lmao they just make shit up on the fly
>>
>>67744503
What's the margin, Cruz won in 7 did he not win a majority of delegates?
>>
>>67744112
Cruz has a majority in a few states, but not enough yet.
>>
>>67744302
Trump has had several delegate blow outs. Off the top of my head, South Carolina, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Florida, Illinois.
>>
>>67742763
i thought this was common knowledge. cnn even talked about it last night when trump won the marinara islands

>>67743770
you gotta win 50%+ in each of 8 states. he hasnt even got 1
>>
>>67742763
>Republican lawyer Ben Ginsberg and University of Georgia political science lecturer Josh Putnam (who also runs the excellent FHQ blog) emphasized to RealClearPolitics that Rule 40(b) is temporary. In the week before the 2016 convention, the delegates will have multiple opportunities to change it, so no GOP presidential campaign has to worry about getting delegate majorities in at least eight states.
>>
>>67743690

They did it with Ron Paul while he was in the same fucking room
>>
>>67744690
No:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_delegate_count.html
>>
>>67745107
STill mad at the RNC about that, I hope Trump fucks them up
>>
File: beria.gif (27 KB, 225x288) Image search: [Google]
beria.gif
27 KB, 225x288
>>67745037
>Ginsberg
>>
>>67745264
Oy vey, medpack! It's like anuddah shoah!
>>
>>67745037
>Ben Ginsberg
can't make this up

I hate /pol for always being right.
>>
I don't get it, is it written somewhere in a law "who to pick"? Why are they panicking?

I mean, couldn't the top brass just go "Fuck it, the votes were rigged so we're picking Mitt Romney as nominee, deal with it or run third-party". What stops them from doing that?
>>
>>67745436
>What stops them from doing that?
Nothing legally but but it would be as risky for the party as their chosen candidate being revealed to be an atheist.
>>
>>67745436
>I mean, couldn't the top brass just go "Fuck it, the votes were rigged so we're picking Mitt Romney as nominee, deal with it or run third-party". What stops them from doing that?
Nothing prevents them from doing that. There was actually a very real fear of that happening right up until he got stumped.
>>
>>67745436
theyre a private entity so yes. But it would be hugely unpopular and risky
>>
>>67745436
>>67745436
>What stops them from doing that?

absolutely nothing. Most conventions before the 1930s were brokered and backroom deals made up to see who got the nomination.

One of the best Republican presidents of the 20th century, Dwight Eisenhower, won after a brokered convention.

In 1976 Reagan stepped aside rather than fight it out at the convention and was rewarded with the '80 nomination and the eventual presidency.

Primary elections are elections within political parties and are not subject to federal election laws.
>>
>>67745037
>berg

I fucking love this board
>>
>>67742763
>the shadow of Ron Paul hanging the establishment with their own rope
it's too beautiful.
>>
Question though...

Are amendments in the RNC voted on like the DNC?

Where it is just an illusion of democracy.

See: https://youtu.be/l2sWTwbzAcw
>>
>>67745667
The establishment/liberal Republicans did run 3rd party against Reagan in 1980: Liberal Republican John Anderson ran as an independent after losing in the primaries to Reagan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Anderson

Their poor showing ended up being the death of nearly all liberal Rockerfeller Republicans
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.