[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents tell me everyone just stopped caring about their choice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: soda_wars_220x372.jpg (60 KB, 220x372) Image search: [Google]
soda_wars_220x372.jpg
60 KB, 220x372
My parents tell me everyone just stopped caring about their choice of cola, that it doesn't really taste all that different(BULLSHIT), that young and black people started to drink Coke, that old and White people started to drink pepsi (again, pure unfiltered goddamned manipulative lies) and that the whole thing was more or less a meme propagated by the propaganda agencies of the Coke and Pepsi NationCorps. Of course after the truth started to filter into their fragile worldview they start spouting lies like "Oh I think these days Coke is tasting sweeter" "I think pepsi has started to develop some actual flavor besides tooth-decay" It was obvious to me at this point that they and everyone else knew something was wrong, VERY WRONG!

I simply wasn't around for the cola Wars('75-'85) being born in '92 myself and I've always wanted to find the truth of the matter.
>>
>drinking the carbonated jew
>>
>>67740261
RC is the superior cola.
>>
There are a few documentaries on the subject, but the best of them is called "Burp!", and I'm fairly sure it's on youtube.
The other is "Coke Versus Pepsi, A Duel Between Giants".
>>
PEPSI IS THE DRINK OF PEACE.
>>
>>67740261
I only drink pepsi
coca cola has this Canadian feel to it
probably because when I went to Canada that's all they drank up there coca cola and Perrier
>>
>>67740593
Nice try LEAF, your proxy is showing.
>>
>>67740261
there was no cola war. pepsi spent a insane amount of money on a add campaign that went on for like 3 decades

coke spent money on more bottling plants to ensure they had a fresher product that was less likely to be flat when the consumer drank it

cocal cola always had the majority market share regardless of nation or ethnicity and pepsi couldnt buy support with briney spears or michael jackson
>>
File: coca_cola_mexico_ingredient[1].jpg (545 KB, 1950x1338) Image search: [Google]
coca_cola_mexico_ingredient[1].jpg
545 KB, 1950x1338
>>67740261
makes all the difference in the world
>>
>>67740261
COCA COLA MASTER RACE. PEPSI IS A DRINK FOR THIEVES AND JEWS.
>>
The "cola wars" weren't an actual war fought by consumers, you retard. It was a time when Pepsi gained huge marketshare and prompted the world's two largest cola manufacturers to attempt to out-advertise one another.

It is only of interest to businessmen and marketing folks.

What the fuck is this thread?
>>
File: MexicanCoke[1].png (3 MB, 825x2421) Image search: [Google]
MexicanCoke[1].png
3 MB, 825x2421
>>
>>67740703
Nah, nobody can tell the different in double-blind taste tests.

But I do enjoy the experience of drinking from the old glass bottles.
>>
Coke is obviously the superior carbonated drink.

Only Untermensch drink Pepsi.
>>
>>67740667
I'm serious go anywhere around the world and you see people drinking coke
it has this foreign feel to me now that I can never shake
>>
>>67740758
Typical, mexicans using the most lethal form of soda delivery.

THIS IS WHY WERE BUILDING A WALL, YOU CRIMINALS!
>>
Coke is the drink of patricians

pepsi is the beverage of choice for /v/eddit gaymur mongoloids
>>67740914
kill yourself my man
>>
>>67740832
yes you can.

high-fructose corn syrup tastes like shit.
>>
PEPSI 4 TRUMP

>hurrdurr Coke is Republican

YEAH RIGHT
RED CAN = RED COMMIE
USA USA USA
>>
>>67740862
Coke takes pride in bringing their superior product to the less fortunate, a strategy no one thought was cost effective at the time, but it's already showing obvious signs of ensuring their long term dominance.
>>
>>67740261
Your a beta numale millennial sjw cuck if you like pepsi.

Red pilled MEN drink Coke.
>>
>>67740832
The mouthfeel is completely different, you can tell
>>
>>67740697
>cocal cola always had the majority market share regardless of nation

thats because in ww1/ww2 coke secured a contract with the us army to sell soldiers coke. later on they said "hey we can sell the soldiers coke for a cheaper price if you let us build factories in that city you just bombed". thats how coke spread throughout the world.
>>
>>67740974
no
>>
>>67741032
nocebo. You've heard it's bad for you, so you think it tastes bad. It literally tastes the same as sugar. They spend billions to ensure this.
>>
>>67740261

Dr Pepper Ten is the fucking shit everything else is garbage.
>>
>>67741230
Nobody can in the numerous studies, though
>>
>>67741032
I like how Pepsi sometimes has some of their sodas without HFCS. They taste a bit different, but I like it.
>>
>>67740862
That's true today. But in the past Pepsi was only available in many countries in the Middle East. I've heard people refer to soda as "bebsi" (Arabic has no 'P' but replaces 'B' in foreign words) in slang.
>>
>>67741113
Nazi
>>
>>67740697
>cocal cola always had the majority market share regardless of nation

That's completely true. Pepsi had a monopoly on many muslim countries in the Middle East a couple of decades ago.
>>
>>67741113
Actually trump stocks Trump Force One with pepsi it was in an interview a few months back when he was interviewed by cnn I think it was in his plane
she said he got up and got her a pepsi out of his fridge
>>
>>67740261
I like root beer
>>
>>67740593
Quebec is the only place in the world where Pepsi is more popular than coke, I swear to god the frogs just do this shit to be different from "le eternal Anglo"
>>
File: 1448980147278.png (164 KB, 409x325) Image search: [Google]
1448980147278.png
164 KB, 409x325
>>67740261
Personally, I'm not picky. If I have to choose between Coke and Pepsi, I'll take Pepsi, but if I'm handed a Coke, I'm not going to decline it.

See, when people say 'There's no difference between the two.', it's true. They're both basically battery acid laced with vomit-inducing levels of sugar, the vomit of which is suppressed with all kinds of carcinogenic chemicals. The only real difference is if you want your battery acid with more bite (Pepsi) or with a smoother taste (Coke).

Though the one thing they both share in common is that they both taste like shit if they're not chilled.
>>
File: 1458178710893.webm (2 MB, 648x936) Image search: [Google]
1458178710893.webm
2 MB, 648x936
>>67740261
Red pill is that cola is Jew shit. You spend money on it so Jews profit and then to get dental problems because of acid so you go to your Jew dentist to fix your teeth. Hope you had dental insurance from the Jew health provider. Oh, you don't have dental insurance? Prob because the Jews in Washington tax you so much.

Jews, not even once.
>>
File: 13426362.png (82 KB, 635x820) Image search: [Google]
13426362.png
82 KB, 635x820
There is a distinct difference in taste. Anyone who couldn't tell the difference had faulty or dead taste buds.

Personally I think Pepsi tastes better from plastic bottles and Coke tastes better from glass bottles & fountains. Cans just suck all around.
>>
>>67740261
>doesn't taste different

cut off your tongue and throw it in the trash, there is definitely a difference
>>
>>67740408
>>67741342
>>67741673

Your not a real soda until you've advertised an overt trade-campaign against another soda to the extent of it being common knowledge.
>>
>>67741311
>>67741369
it tastes totally different. there is an aftertaste with HFCS
>>
>>67740832
Sugar gives me a headache that HFCS doesn't. I discovered this when I accidentally bought Mountain Dew Throwback assuming that it was just promotional packaging.
>>
Coke was the best pop.
>>
cola made me obese and ruined my childhood
>>
I want to thank you all for your input. I've learned a lot.

Mainly that the truth is buried deeper than I originally thought. So deep in fact that even /pol/ doesn't want to red-pill me on this subject, truly truly deeply buried.
>>
File: Woodfield.jpg (75 KB, 720x484) Image search: [Google]
Woodfield.jpg
75 KB, 720x484
>>67740261

I was alive and remember it but have no idea why there was so much aggressive advertising around soda (7-up also joined in the fight by claiming it was "the uncola"). I don't think there are fewer soda ads now, it's just that they don't "attack" each other. Pepsi started it with The Pepsi Challenge, and it started showing that people liked Pepsi better, so Coke fucked around and tried to turn into Pepsi by making "new Coke" which people rejected like crazy, so they sold both "Coke" (which was new Coke) and "Coca-Cola Classic" which sold better. Old Coke was probably only gone for three months or so. I remember it was back by the time Back To The Future was in theaters. After that the cola wars were over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRQxzQGwEcI

Look at people's teeth back then. Also, Woodfield Shopping Center was an insanely impressive structure for the time.

Colas which no longer exist or are renamed or are rare:

Tab
Pepsi-Free
Pepsi Light
>>
>>67740261
coke is nectar of the gods, pepsi is pinko topkek. who the fuck cant taste the difference
>>
>>67741311

Untrue. Sugar doesnt linger like hfcs in the mouth.
>>
>>67742951
>Tab
people used to tell me that had estrogen in it and only women were supposed to drink it
>>
>>67742951

P.S. About teeth: braces separated the kids which were better off financially from the rest and were an important class symbol. Sometimes you'd hear that someone must be making a lot of money because "they have three kids with braces". And if they had the clear plastic ones or the ones behind the teeth then look the fuck out.
>>
>>67743416

No, it just had saccharin, which never got banned but it had to carry a cancer warning on it. You can still get it in some places. Try Sweet and Low if you want to taste something that tastes sweet one second and then tastes like you'd imagine kerosene tastes like the next.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.