[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immigration Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 7611433652_05c796b10b_b.jpg (212 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
7611433652_05c796b10b_b.jpg
212 KB, 1024x683
Is it necessary at all? What reforms would you make if you could?

General immigration discussion/philosophy.
>>
>>67738497
I for one welcome the new slav-undocumented workers. they are truly whats making america great again.
>>
>>67738592
desu I don't care about whites coming here illegally, I welcome them
>>
>>67738497
>What reforms would you make if you could?

Remove all kebab, and build a great, big & beautiful wall.
>>
File: 1423979073542.png (72 KB, 730x730) Image search: [Google]
1423979073542.png
72 KB, 730x730
>>67738592
>>
>>67738773
I actually don't think we need or want a physical wall.

Sensor/Drone net ftw.
>>
>>67738711
I disagree.
>>
>>67738497
I legally immigrated here from Italy. What upsets me is that Hispanics get a free ride and welfare. In exchange for votes. The only reason they aren't deported is because of votes for Democrats. People like to use the lame excuse that "they do the jobs Americans don't want to do". That isn't true at all.
>>
>>67739023
I would argue that there is also a substantial lobby on the right from the big ag and service industries.
>>
>>67738497
No it is not necessary. In the U.S., the one obvious change needs to be border security. Beyond that, we need to up the quota of intelligent and skilled Euros and Asians that we allow in, and lower the number of entries from south of our border.

These simple solutions would fix a ton of issues and go a long way in repairing the economy.
>>
>>67739237
We absolutely don't need to up the quota of skilled asians and euros. We need to invest in the US's native intellectual infrastructure and not disintermediate our citizens from well paying jobs.
>>
>>67739553
That's a whole new, and far more complicated issue. Either way, I disagree. It's foolish to not want to cherry pick the best and brightest minds from around the world and claim them as your own.

As I said, immigration is not necessary at all. But we have it, and we will keep having it, so we need to carefully choose who we let in.
>>
>>67740170

>It's foolish to not want to cherry pick the best and brightest minds from around the world

I would agree with that to an extent. However, when you get to the point where you are searching for employees with equal or approximate ability and a willingness to work for less, you are diluding the quality of life for american citizens.

Also, your first point was that we should INCREASE quotas, as if the USA doesn't already cherry pick the best and brightest. Which is it?
>>
>>67738497
The trouble is as immigration goes. The West goes both Pajeet who can't poo in loo and people like Satya Nadella who's the CEO of Microsoft.

We need more of the latter and none of the first.
>>
>>67740993

We can control for that using socioeconomic analysis.
>>
>>67740444
It's currently insanely difficult for a European to move to the U.S., even for marriage. These are people with educations and no criminal records. Meanwhile, every Juan and Jose is "allowed" in illegally with no repercussions simply because they'll vote democrat.

We need actual border security so we can keep their numbers in check and give priority to folks who do things the proper way. Turning off the southern faucet and allowing more Asian and European doctors, scientists, etc. into the country will still be a vast decrease in overall immigration numbers.
>>
1) Build wall
2) Remove H1B program from existence
>>
>>67739023
>That isn't true at all.
I completely agree with that.
>>
>>67741105
Correction, it's not just democrats that want them for votes, it's also republicans that want them for cheap labor. Neither major party is truly on the side of the law on this issue.
>>
>>67741080
Yes but it's the Ubermensch of the Untermensch that's actually going to be useful.
>>
>>67738497
Yes for countries with low birth rates. Should be done properly, studying what the country needs and only taking capable people from similar cultures without any external influence on decisions
>>
>>67741388
100% agreed.
>>
>>67741388

Prajeet nailed it.
>>
>>67738497
While it would make sense for any host country to accept only the best and brightest, it also causes a brain drain in the country of origin. The same people who could be improving the standard of living in their home country are instead here competing with domestic and other foreign talent.

In general, immigration usually occurs because the host country is much better off than their home county. Addressing that would be the long-term solution, but our leaders are usually short-sighted.
>>
>>67738497
>Necessary
Nope on most countrys

But it's allowed (in the wrong way, tho)
In order to have a functioning immigration system every country should have

>A secured border (fuck illegals)
>Immigrant population shouldn't go above 10% compared to the local population (maybe 15%if they seem to behave overall, see the next point)
>All immigrants must integrate themselves to the local population
>Only accept those who qualify a certain criteria (no lazy shits or criminals)
>The government must focus on citizens first
Also, I tried to explain this to some of my classmates before. Almost got lynched for it
>>
>>67742537
Do you believe that we should institute a policy that would spread out the population of immigrants as well to keep them from forming dense communities and occupying already dense population areas?
>>
>>67742729

Indeed. That kind of communities tend to seclude themselves from the rest of the population.
Immigrants need to adapt, not replicate their own "mini country" while they stay in another country
>>
>>67741105
>It's currently insanely difficult for a European to move to the U.S., even for marriage.
No it's not, a fiance visa is piss easy to get as long as you aren't a fucking criminal.

It's not like it is easy for an American to immigrate to Europe anyway. Works both ways.
>>
America was built on the backs of illegal immigrants. Therefore, we should let ALL the mexicans in. Prove me wrong, /pol/.

(pro-tip: you can't.)
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.