[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>America is "land of the free" >you can go to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Unknown.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
>America is "land of the free"
>you can go to jail for credit card debt
>>
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1412842783655.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1412842783655.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>67734638

>shouldn't be jailed for stealing
>>
>>67734638
I have $300,000 in credit card debt. My credit score is fucked for tge next 80 years but they won't take me to prison over it and I can get rid of it by declaring bankruptcy but I really don't feel like it.
>>
>>67734638
No you can't.
>>
>>67734638
what?
no you can't
you can literally rack up 500,000k in debt then just flat out refuse to pay it
>>67734820
this
>>
>>67734638
you can declare bankruptcy if there's legitimate reasons for not paying

that aside, running up debt you know you can't pay is theft/fraud/etc, why the fuck shouldn't such people be jailed?

are you a nigger? do you understand what money and debt are and how they function?
>>
>>67734820
>>67734867

They are starting to prosecute people in court for unpaid private debt. Its starting with Student Loans. There have been a handful of cases of unpaid CC debt too. Its just starting, but it has begun.
>>
>>67734638
No you can't... seriously if your collectors are telling you that shit they're just trying to scare you into paying.
>>
>>67735080
No, those people are being arrested on bench warrants for not showing up to their court dates.
>>
>>67735080
That's just not true unless they got some really shady ass loans. Then again if you are stupid enough to get a non subsidized student loan then you probably are stupid enough to get yourself in prison.
>>
>>67735337
>>67735395

Its true. I'm not saying its right, i'm just saying whats happening. They give you a summons because you're in breach of contract with them. Yeah, it might be on a shitty loan, but the more successful they are with the tactic the more 'normal' loans will have whatever clause it is (i'm not a lawyer). So they send you a summons because you've breached whatever by nonpayment, maybe they send you some certified letter and you don't respond, for example. Then you ignore the summons, they get a warrant out for you on Failure to Appear. Then you get arrested and they come after you in court for repayment, and you get slapped with that too in addition to whatever jail time you're getting for Failure to Appear. And if you do show up to the initial summons, they hit you with wage garnishment. Again, it sucks, but it is for real starting to happen. If they are successful with this tactic it will expand.
>>
File: 1458100422576.gif (3 MB, 260x209) Image search: [Google]
1458100422576.gif
3 MB, 260x209
Lrn2 civil vs common law.
>>
>>67735773
You aren't going to jail because you didn't pay a debt, you are going to jail because the court summoned you and you didn't show.

WTF is wrong with you? Did you go to jail for a mob loan dude?
>>
>>67734820
1. Acquire credit card
2. Buy lots of survival equipment
3. Stockpile durable goods ftw
4. ?????
5. Profit!
>>
>>67734820
> $300,000 in credit card debt
Bull fucking shit
What retarded ass bank would give you a $300k credit limit? I mean, even if you had 10 credit cards, they'd all have 30k. You'd need to have like a prefect credit score before to get that much. Also, what fucking interest is on that?

Unless you mean just like a line of credit or something. But that's not credit card debt.
>>
Failure to pay child support is a felony

Reporting hours worked incorrectly is a felony

Excessive speeding is a felony

Getting in a fight with a loved one is a felony even if no one is injured.
>>
>>67734638
>you can go to jail for credit card debt

lol no. Then all of America would be in jail.

CC companies can literally not do shit. Why do you think Russia doesn't have credit cards? Cause they would spend it all on vodka and never pay for it.

But we have the almighty good goy points, AKA credit score to scare Americans into paying interest.
>>
>>67734638
>>you can go to jail for credit card debt
no you can't
>>
>>67734638
This isn't true unless you commit fraud i.e. running up debt with the intention of not paying.

We don't have debtors prisons anymore. Worst that happens is bankruptcy and garnished wages and maybe repossession.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.