[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Amazon-warehouse.jpg (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Amazon-warehouse.jpg
1 MB, 1200x800
I heard they treat their workers badly

Anyone ever worked for Amazon in a warehouse?

Why do people wageslave in the current year like that - or is the media just pretending its awful when its not because most Amazon customers are white collar fags who get offended when they hear that someone worked hard somewhere for their $5 free shipping book.
>>
>>67733670
>why do people wageslave
Gee, I dunno anon
Maybe because they need money to buy things
Like food
>>
File: 1453697574021.jpg (18 KB, 267x395) Image search: [Google]
1453697574021.jpg
18 KB, 267x395
>>67733670
No, but I've worked with your mom (aka The Amazon) at the whorehouse.
>>
>>67733670
Well, when you have a surplus of laborers, that's what happens. If you get more jobs, companies will pay more.
>>
File: amazon-robutt.jpg (48 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
amazon-robutt.jpg
48 KB, 770x433
>>67733670
IT IS GREAT WE LOVE TO MAKE JOKES DURING CHARGING TIME
>>
File: 1458118268253.gif (3 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
1458118268253.gif
3 MB, 340x191
>>67733778

you live on an island at the end of the world m8 what do you know

>>67733821
>>
>>67733670
Every Warehouse job sucks dick unless you have an IQ of 85. You're doing the same thing over and over again for 8 hours, with a supervisor that is up your ass if you stop for 5 minutes.
>>
>>67733933
Good thing we want to bring in more foreign workers

It's 2016 how dare Americans not be forced to compete for jobs with foreigners, in their own country no less
>>
>>67734126

whats the best job in that warehouse tho
>>
>>67734218
The supervisor that tells everyone what to do.
>>
>>67734126
Forklift drivers make pretty decent pay especially considering how easy it is but that's not a job that will last long, forklifts can easily be fully automated
>>
why not just to go uni, train for a high demand, high pay job, and be smart with your money?
>>
>>67734273

i guess thats the best job everywhere
>>
>>67734218

The mindless robot.
>>
>>67734307
The warehouse I worked at the pickers made like 13 dollars an hour. You're driving that fucking thing the entire day, and if shipping is behind you gotta go out and fucking help those retards get the rest of the shipments out. Which your breaking your fucking back so you can go home on time.

You wanna redpill someone on getting an education have them work in a warehouse for three months.
>>
>>67734218
The best jobs are the ones where you can talk to someone else while you work, amazon is not that bad unless you are in a super busy giant warehouse, i worked at a medium sized amazon one and it was the easiest thing i've ever done
>>
>>67734314
Not everyone is smart enough to be an engineer
>>
File: 1458124250924.png (75 KB, 960x992) Image search: [Google]
1458124250924.png
75 KB, 960x992
>>67733670
slowly destroy the economy in the name of eficiency.
>>
>>67734470
The Nestle factory and warehouse that my roommate works at as a supervisor pays $25/hour starting for forklift drivers

I'm gonna take him up on his offer to work there because currently I'm a bike messenger and that is a shit job if there ever was one
>>
>>67733821
'ur mom' posts are so boring to me nowadays that I usually imagine a redditor behind them.
>>
>>67734482

so i guess picker is one of the worst jobs cause ur running all day huh?
>>
>>67734870
there are worse jobs than that cause atleast you have a goal and contact with others at certain points, the worst ones are when you go from shelf to shelf alone scanning every item on the shelf for hours.
>>
>>67734870
The worst jobs are the guys in receiving that have to unload a shipping container by hand. Or over at shipping when guys have to stack pallets of shit by hand. Amazon but be more automated and rely less on brute manual labor. But I know guys I take classes with that have worked there and say roughly the same thing
>>
>>67733670
I live near one of their big distribution centers, and work in a warehouse. Though it's admittedly an entirely different warehouse. So the topic of Amazon comes up a lot.

Amazon has an incredibly high turnover rate for their warehouse staff. Many of their employees are seasonal and get dumped when the rush is over. The work in 4 shifts that last through the night, and the pay is okay.

The problem is, they get dumped, all the time. Sure you're making 11.50 an hour, but you're not getting many hours and you're probably not going to stay long. I mean, fuck, the Wal-Mart Distribution center closer in town keeps people on for longer than Amazon does.

I've also heard that the warehouse supervisors and Managers are assholes. The people are numbers and easily replaceable. Even the supervisors are easily replaceable.

My warehouse job is pretty comfy. I move solar panels on occasion, build a job for the solar installation crews to install, then I do office work to issue that inventory out. When things are slow, and we're not cleaning, we sit around and bullshit all day. Being a small operation, we're all pretty close. A lot of us get together and go shooting regularly. We hang out and BBQ and watch shitty movies. All while being paid .50 cents more than Amazon workers and gaining valuable clerical and forklift skills. Life can be pretty good in the solar business
>>
>>67733670

>Why do people wageslave in the current year like that

What is labor market?

If bernie gets his amnesty shit you'll see more of it it'll get worse for laborers. Honestly, as is, it's stupid to go into the labor market. You're better off posting your nudes on patreon.
>>
>>67735527
>You're better off posting your nudes on patreon

I always wanted to be a hot little white girl and now I know why...
>>
>>67735073

>the worst ones are when you go from shelf to shelf alone scanning every item on the shelf for hours.

whats the purpose of this?

>>67735130

probably awful when its cold outside and you stand there at these open gates

>>67735237

sounds chill
>>
>>67735736
to log the items in each bin into the computer so when someone orders it the pickers know where to find it.
>>
>>67735736
Im from California, i'd rather it be cold out busting my ass than inside a warehouse in 105F weather with a useless industrial sized fan next to us.
>>
>>67735880

>cali
>cold

good one dude
>>
>>67735736
>whats the purpose of this?

So you know how much shit you have on the shelves and to keep the books in order cause when you're dealing with tens of thousands of items you gotta stay on top of that shit

Is there a better way to do so?
Probably but if it was cheaper then companies would've already implemented it
>>
>>67735997
It gets chilly in Northern California
>>
>>67735997
I said i'd rather it be cold, but its hot as fuck 9 months the rest of the year.
>>
>>67736067
Gets chilly in So-Cal too. Just have to be in the right place.

100+ in the summer in the High Desert
20ish in the Winter.

My warehouse gets to be baking in the summer. No airflow means stagnant hot air. In the winter it's ice cold.

Beats the hell out of being on the roof in both Summer and Winter though. Lot of respect for our installers. But they do make great money.
>>
File: 2016-03-17 05_46_09.png (39 KB, 354x919) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-17 05_46_09.png
39 KB, 354x919
>>67736067

bitch please .. i heard about these cali fags pretending its cold when its time to take off a shirt for the average european

>>67736239

i guess thats true .. we get -20°C often but the summer has only 3-4 weeks where its 30-40°C
>>
>>67733670
Why is there no racking? That looks so fucking inneficient. 30' ceilings, goods stacked 4' high. I'm honestly smazed.
>>
>>67736338
And then all you europoors complain about a "heat wave" if the temperature ever gets over 70°F

Lel
>>
>>67734093
Kek, what kind of argument is that? you're a white fucking german cuck
>>
File: 1458103129899.jpg (169 KB, 2018x1135) Image search: [Google]
1458103129899.jpg
169 KB, 2018x1135
>>67736750

i think thats just one part of the warehouse

they have racks but these houses are so huge that you cant just display all of it in one picture

>>67736842
>>
>>67736750
That looks like a bottom-level distribution center where the goods are mailed individually to single addresses

It's more efficient when the pickers are running around on foot
>>
Worked at one during the xmas season in the Washington D.C. area, night shift. Everyone was cool. Pay was around $10 I think, for mind-numbing packing and sorting. We'd do simple group exercises before work, and have regular breaks. They wanted to keep me on after my contract was up, but I wasn't interested in sticking around too long.
>>
>>67736952
You didnt even start off with an argument Hans, just a random insult to the kiwibro
>>
>>67733670
How "pleasant" working at Amazon is depends largely on your manager, and which warehouse you're working at.

The benefits are nice though, and you can get guaranteed three days off each week (unless there's overtime).

Wouldn't ever recommend working for Amazon though.
>>
>>67738000
>Wouldn't ever recommend working for Amazon though

Why not?

$10/hour is pretty legit for an unskilled laborer
>>
>>67733670
The warehouses are warehouses, can't really comment on those, but Amazon's corporate workplace is the first world equivalent of a sweatshop. Their corporate culture is awful, every employee is encouraged to constantly belittle fellow employees for mistakes, report every minor infraction, steal ideas from fellow employees, and take all the credit for various group tasks. Beyond that, they constantly make workers put in free overtime, expect workers to show up early in the morning and leave late at night, and essentially always be on the clock. Amazon could call you into work during your father's funeral and they'd expect you to come in or get fired. They have a huge employee turnover rate, and the worst part of it all is that people who work at Amazon corporate are blacklisted from other major Silicon Valley companies, because the toxic culture infects employees like a disease. Other companies don't want to deal with "deprogramming" former Amazon employees.

It's pretty terrible, cause Amazon draws employees, mostly fresh faced college kids naive to the world, via name recognition. Then they milk their employees dry, dump the carcasses, and bring in a fresh batch. Amazon warehouses might be fine, but never work for Amazon corporate, it's a nightmare.
>>
>>67733670
They force their warehouse workers to wait in line for hours (without pay) in order to be frisked before leaving for the day.
>>
I've heard it's pretty brutal. I worked at the Walgreens distribution center right near the Amazon DC in Windsor. That was widely considered the A1 choice for warehouse work and it was pretty brutal even still. You had to make a certain rate per hour, and during the holidays we'd routinely work 12 hours a day 6-7 days out of the week. I'm assuming it's the same for Amazon, but they're MUCH stricter about you not making rate. They like to hire "temps" too and work them do death to the point where it's almost impossible to get hired fulltime, and they'll find a bullshit excuse to get rid of you near the end. Has something to do with temps costing them less money or something, so they cycle through them like toilet paper.

The warehouse was well temperature controlled though; I've heard that's Amazon's biggest issue. They won't open the dock doors because they don't want shit being stolen, so it pushes 100 degrees easy in there in the summer.
>>
>>67733670
I had a family friend that worked for an amazon warehouse.

He complained about the way employee rights, particularly off time and scheduling. Management going back on their word, not paying for paid leave etc.

Amazon is a popular employer because they're a tech meme that all the seattle hipster fags want to be a part of.
>>
>>67738670
It can really wear you out, depending on what work you do, and how busy the warehouse itself is.

Especially if you're picking on foot, since one wrong pick path can kill your rate and get you let go.
>>
I work at a warehouse distributing magazines in the northeast. I've worked quite literally every position there from the line to the shred room and I've gotten to the point where if I'm not constantly moving, I'm bored shitless.

And while we mostly complain about our own warehouse (half-jokingly since we're treated extremely well), everyone agrees that no one should work for Amazon. And usually, we hire people full time and they can quite when they want. Funny part is that it's the spics and curries who usually leave. All the white people who work there are hard working and will stay for years.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.