[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hipster idiot gets 15 years in N. Korea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: otto.jpg (42 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
otto.jpg
42 KB, 620x372
http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/uva-student-sentenced-15-years-hard-labor-north-korea/

>Retard attempts to venture into North Korea as a vacationer
>Tries to steal "Propaganda poster" as a souvenir
>Gets caught
>Retard pleads hit little tardheart out in N. Korean court
>"Fuk u Amewikan!"
>They sentence him to 15 years in N. KOrean Hard Labor Camps

I'm pretty sure rising political tensions between the US and NK have something to do with this sentence. Also, how literally fucked is this kid? He will probably die as a North Korean slave. He literally broke down crying after the sentence.
>>
>>67733564
>venture into best korea

For what purpose?
>>
>>67733717

To prove they're not as bad as people keep saying.

Turns out they're worse.
>>
Its obvious its a political move to give him 15 years
They will release him eventually once they get something for him

But these idiots never learn and people keep going to North Korea to cause trouble.
I think America should say fuck him and let him serve 15 years, maybe that would stop more going.
>>
>>67733564

If you freely choose to go to another country and break their laws I have no sympathy.

If you weren't retarded you wouldn't have gone there and broken the law in the first place.

It's their house, they can run it as they see fit.
>>
>>67733564
15 years man

that's gotta be rough to know you're life is essentially over.

but it's gotta be worse knowing you did it to yourself
>>
>>67733564
Damn son, I would break down too, 15 years for theft! Ouch. At least this man still has his arms, it could have been worst for him if N Korea was under Sharia Law.
>>
>>67733564
Take some notes Western Europe
>>
>>67734047
He will be out soon. America doesn't let highly publicized white people rot in North Korean jails.
>>
He's fucked fo sho. How long do you think he'll last til he...
a) suicide
b) inmates kill him
c) gets raped to death
d) dies from work injuries
e) finishes his sentence and is free in 15 years
f) other
VOTE NOW!!
>>
>>67734248
how soon is soon though?

even a year is hell on earth
>>
>>67733564
>>Tries to steal "Propaganda poster" as a souvenir
>>Gets caught

Best Korea has a history of torturing people into confessing to crimes they didn't commit.
Which is the problem with torture, you can make anybody confess to anything.

That said, what kind of 'tard goes to North Korea on vacation?
>>67733564
>Hipster idiot
Idiot certainly, but he sure doesn't look like a hipster.
And wasn't he there with a church group?
>>
>>67734270
He gets indoctrinated and is send back to US to bomb some shit
>>
He'll just become a token swapped in some bullshit trade between our counties
>>
>>67734270
Attempts to escape and dies
>>
>>67733717
I actually been to North Korea

Their cities and villages are dull and broken but their mountains are beautiful.

I would would post pics but you know... cameras are banned in best korea.
>>
>>67734340
no he was there as a tourist. The church girl was a separate case in which she got 2 years or so I believe.
>>
>>67734270
g) gets MKUltra'd and eventually becomes a Nork sleeper cell when he's released
>>
>>67733564
Imagine getting 15years in a gruesome prison for doing something that is align to flicking off a cigarette instead of putting it in an astray.
Imagine even if you get out of it unharmed 15years of your life get wasted on nothing, nothing you could even rationalize just something you take.

Dayum.
>>
>>67734270
e)

They usually have high profile internationals in a separate camp that is basically isolated, and they dont work them completely to death. They are valuable pawns.
>>
>>67734270
I think you mean
>e) finishes his sentence and is free in 25 years
>>
>>67734340
some lady from his church paid him to snatch the poster. if he got caught she would 'donate' a larger sum to his parents. or something like that i can't remember exactly.
>>
I love all the faggots believing the Best Korea story of him stealing a poster. And his "confession."

Who the fuck knows?

The thing he's really guilty of is being stupid enough to visit. He's gonna pay hard for that decision.
>>
>>67734270
F other
>>
>>67734651
when he returns to the U.S. assuming he actually does 15 years, he will get book deals and shit. Could be worse.
>>
Serious question...who, in their right mind, decides vacationing in NORTH KOREA sounds like a good idea?
>>
>>67733564
he'll be out in 15 years and write a book and make millions of dollars, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a jew.
>>
>>67734651
stealing>littering
>>
That kid is a bargaining chip. He won't be in NK for 15 years. He might not even be there for 2.

The North Koreans don't want him. He's not that valuable except for a small trade win.
>>
Also, where can I view the video of the verdict?
>>
The sad thing is if he simply asked for something along those lines they might have given him something with state propaganda on it as a momento.
What a retard
>>
File: 20yrslater.jpg (26 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
20yrslater.jpg
26 KB, 361x361
>>
>>67735387
Exactly. Just leave him to rot, he's not worth the effort or money to get back.
>>
>>67734046
Pretty much this
>>
>>67735649
The only reason to try to get him back is the small chance that he's actually 100% innocent and they just made shit up as an excuse to arrest him. Unfortunately since it's NK we have no way of knowing one way or the other since both are equally plausible.
>>
In all seriousness this guy is an idiot and should have seen this coming.
But I didn't fucking realize he is only 21. A year older than myself. Holy shit.
If he isn't dead, he'll be 36. I just can't wrap my head around it. It gives me anxiety and makes me feel slightly bad for the kid.
>>
Hipster? He's clearly a frat boy.
>>
>>67733564
Retard or not he's an American and we're at the point where we need to depose Kim. Even China and Russia seem to be getting sick of his shit.
>>
>>67733564
what are Bernie supporters doing in NK?
>>
>>67733564
>Fortunately for the lad, he soon found that the average size of a Korean convict's penis is far less than that of an American's.
>>
>>67733564
it's really all his fault for traveling to a communist dictatorship with a long history of human rights violations

how stupid can you get
>>
>>67735387
They treat you like royalty as long as you stay in line. Hundreds of north korean girls will put on a show just for you. It's a big risk, but honestly as long as you give the dear leader some flowers and say you insist upon on korea and that the US must leave korea at once you will be golden.
>>
>>67735777
Check my trips.

*If he isn't dead, he'll be 36 when he finishes hard labour.
>>
>>67735478
>implying he wont be a shell of a man or a trophy spokesman of glorious leader
>>
>>67735760
Unless he was abducted from elsewhere and taken into North Korea, he's hardly innocent. He's, at the very least, guilty of being unbelievably retarded. Just let natural selection take its course from here.
>>
File: 1456349417401.gif (2 MB, 374x254) Image search: [Google]
1456349417401.gif
2 MB, 374x254
>>67733564
>lol I'll go to a poverty-stricken Stalinist dictatorship run by a maniac
>which is hostile to my own country
>who they hate as a bunch of thieving imperialist warmongers responsible for their poverty and suffering
>and STEAL something

Holy fuck, the stupidity of kids nowadays. He's lucky he didn't get sentenced to death, and now there's going to have to be some deal to get him out.
>>
>>67733892
>They will release him eventually once they get something for him

NK won't release him. He's a little trophy for their regime, a symbol of NK's power over the US. They wouldn't give that up for the world.

That idiot tourist will die after a living hell in those labour camps. He might make it two or three years. And when he finally dies, he'll thank God for the sweet release.
>>
What boards do you think this retard browsed?

My guess is:
>/trv/
>/mu/
>/fit/ even though he never worked out
>>
>>67733564
>Forced confession
>The evil americans sent me to lower moral of best korean people

he'll be used as a bargain chip and Obama will eat it like a fool.
>>
>>67734651
Sounds like my first marriage
>>
>>67735913
Having a propaganda poster from best Korea would be pretty cool.

I've got a buddy who got one of Saddam's Persian rugs from his palace near BIAP. Pretty badass desu.
>>
>>67735777
Sad! he cant even make America great again
>>
>>67733564
Since it is North Korea, there is no reason to believe their assertion that he is guilty, and his confession was most likely coerced. They're gonna use him as a propaganda piece and as a bargaining chip to get more concessions from the US. The only thing he's actually guilty of is being a complete dumbass by going to North Korea is the first place, no matter what his reason was. You play with fire and you'll get burned.
>>
>>67735906
will they share views of their communist titties?
>>
>>67735387
The flag
>>
Why call him a hipster? He looks like forrest gump. Or is everyone a hipster in this day and age?
>>
>>67736122
Next time they need aid they'll release him.
>>
>>67733849
It's just like when brainless tumblrinas venture to the middle east to prove a point.
>>
>>67736280
Well they are children putting on a gymnastics display so likely not
>>
>>67736341
Frankly I doubt that, it would make them look extraordinarily weak to offer up a foreign prisoner just so that they would receive aid.
>>
>>67734507
kek
>>
>>67736303

Anyone who disagrees with me or does something stupid, looks dumb, or makes me feel inferior is a hipster. Its all quite handy.
>>
>>67733564
hell be fine
>>
As bad as north korea is I doubt they are making it up, seems like something a tard would do. Besides they could make up something 100x times better.
>>
>>67733564
>Also, how literally fucked is this kid?
15 years of hard labour and we're not going to save him.Not like we could anyways.US laws don't extend to North Korea.
>>
>>67736257
>a bargaining chip to get more concessions from the US.

The state department won't bargain for him. He's a criminal who broke the laws of a foreign nation that he was explicitly and repeatedly advised by the government to not visit. He was an idiot for going and an idiot for trying to steal government property. He knew the risks. Now he's paying the price. The US government's job does not entail bailing out moron tourists who give America a bad name. He is worth exactly nothing to US interests.
>>
Tbh, if it was me, I'd gladly work for best korea. I'd shout best korea and long live kim jong un and they'd give me a good life there after shortened sentence
>>
>>67736218
Yeah, I agree it would be badass,
But he took a huge risk and is paying the consequences for getting caught.
I just keep drifting back to his age. It just kind of makes me sad. His life is now in danger. All because of a bad choice.
>>
>>67736238
HAH
>>
>>67734270
>inmates kill him
>gets raped
>suicide

These are impossible situations. The inmates can't kill you if they themselves are super weaklings. There are no rapes in labor camps. There's something far, far worse. Suicide is also impossible because N.K. will make sure that your life is a living hell. You are watched 24/7. His cell is literally a dog house with a lock. How the fuck can he kill himself?
>>
>>67735505
That is like saying "the cigarrete wasnt cigaratte but cigar".
>>67736215
I hope she had at least big boobs you could enjoy.
>>
>>67733564
Man, I wonder if he did anything wrong (other than go to N. Korea) in the first place. It's totally possible that NK just arrested the guy to piss of the US and try to force something.
>>
american faggot deserved it

bow before your asian overlords
>>
>>67733564
its obviously a political move from that 50 years behind shithole
>>
>>67736620
His life is over dude. Even if he gets out his body will be all fucked up. Probably even kill himself once he got back
>>
Hope that cunt who told him to steal it feels fucking terrible now. 2 fucking morons needlessly causing suffering for 15 years
>>
>>67736443
They won't offer him for aid, they'll wait until Washington tries to negotiate his release and use him as a bargaining chip to get things they want. Holding him lets them act as if they have the upper hand against the weak US who will beg for their "criminal" back.
>>
Trump could capitalize on this by showing strength and leadership and demanding he be released while Obama does nothing.
>"Look, here's the story, If that young man was an African American, Obama would be out there trying to get him back. But he isn't. Because he is weak and frankly in all honesty I think he is a bit of a racist"
>>
File: FALLOUT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FALLOUT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>67733564
>>67734270
x)
he will only be able to serve 10 months. you forget that when God Emperor Trump ascends his throne, Korea will become a giant mirror.
>>
File: 1417822819410.jpg (45 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1417822819410.jpg
45 KB, 500x359
>>67734521
no they're not. tourists take tons of photos. You can only take pictures of what the great general says you can though

ALSO

I wonder if he actually tried to steal the poster

or

If they just needed to abduct an American citizen as an Aid bargaining chip
>>
>>67736790
My thoughts exactly..
>>
>>67733564

amerikan dorists...
>>
>born too late to explore the earth
>born too early to explore the stars
>born just in time to be brainwashed by leftist propaganda and perform 15 years of hard labor in North korea
>>
I seriously can't imagine how retarded you have to be to voluntarily visit North Korea
>>
>>67734248
HE'S A FUCKING WHITE MALE.
>>
>>67736341

They get aid from China, from Russia and sometimes from Europe. The USA is as official an enemy as the NK has. The NK governtment will not beg America for shit, and America can't pressure China or Russia to cut off aid to NK. And America wouldn't even want to try. The US state department doesn't care about idiot tourists who break the laws of other nations. Tourists are told explicitly that if you fuck up abroad, the US cannot help you. It has no jurisdiction. So obey their laws or end up in jail, or worse. Every traveller knows this.

The only time a nation will use diplomacy to try to get a person released is when they are a political hostage. That doesn't apply to this kid. He's an idiot tourist, nothing more. Kissinger and Assoc will not be called on. Seal team 6 will not be mobilized. The media will quickly lose interest in this kid and he will die in prison.
>>
File: 1417822765379.jpg (177 KB, 495x750) Image search: [Google]
1417822765379.jpg
177 KB, 495x750
>>67734270
e

Western citizens get to go to "special work camps" where they do shit like dig holes and then fill them - for 19 hours a day.

Point being - they're treated MUCH better than normal prisoners to show how "compassionate and progressive" they are

Westerners have survived the camps before. This kid has a chance.

Wouldn't want to be him though.
>>
>>67733564
Isnt this the second retard who gets sentenced by NK best K?
Cant remeber if he was a burger tho but that nigga went trough all 15 years in those labour camps
>>
>>67736826
That's not really a wise move. It could back fire greatly. This is a very sensitive topic right now politically. I doubt the White House itself would dare try to help Otto out. Realistically speaking, nobody is going to touch this topic until North Korea simmers down. That's a long way away from now.
>>
>>67736935

how retarded you have to be to voluntarily visit North Korea and break the local law...
>>
>>67736856
The only reason I doubt the second is because they could accuse him of taking photos of military sites or something along those lines. Taking a banner seems realistic
>>
>>67737097
>This is a very sensitive topic right now politically.
Why?
It couldn't be more cut and dry.
>>
>>67733564
If only more hipster fags could get 15 years hard labour, maybe they'd stop projecting their self-hatred by trying to destroy the west
>>
>>67736597
>The state department won't bargain for him

Yeah they will, they just won't do it out in the open. They'll negotiate an agreement and send Clinton or some high level figure over for a photo op and get him back. The Norks get concessions and the PR they want out of it, which is why they are doing this in the first place.
>>
>>67736257
>In February Warmbier reportedly admitted that his friend’s mother, a member of the Friendship United Methodist Church named Sharon Webb, encouraged his “pre-planned” activity.

“Sharon emphasized that her church does not support the government of North Korea and that communism should be ended … She asked me to take an important political slogan from North Korea to be hung in her church as a ‘trophy,’” the KCNA copy of his letter said.

He said that financial rewards were offered, worth $10,000 to him and $200,000 to his mother, and that the money would help with his brother and sister’s “university tuition.”

https://www.nknews.org/2016/03/u-s-student-gets-15-years-hard-labor-for-attempted-theft-of-poster/
>>
>>67737078
Yeah, they definitely won't put him in the regular camps where he could die. He's going to be kept alive. That's the worse part too. He's definitely going to do hard labor AND live since he's not allowed to die. LOL.
>>
>>67733717
>Tries to steal "Propaganda poster" as a souvenir
That is clearly a lie. They just took him in because he's American capitalist pig. They will use him as a bargaining tool against America.

Either ways it is fucking retarded for any American to go to Best Korea. He could go to any place on Earth and he chose fucking there.
>>
>>67734046
Basically this. Assuming he did exactly what they say he did, I don't have sympathy for him. And the US should not use any resources to try and get him sooner.
>>
>>67737177
Well then I seriously hope Trump says something about it so he could give more ammunition to GOPe, the media, and Hillary.
>>
File: 2009-clinton_2088696i.jpg (72 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
2009-clinton_2088696i.jpg
72 KB, 620x620
>>67737078
>>67734270
>>67734270
>>67734270

Just as an example:

Bill Clinton met with Dear Leader (although some suspect he was a look alike) as part of deal to free two US journalists who had been held for 140 days

How ever, the great general has not been known to show the compassion of his father
>>
File: 1455223989318.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1455223989318.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
>>67737214
Yeah, I'm sure he said that of his own free will.
>>
>>67733564
in b4 Dennis Rodman shows up piss drunk in Pyongyang...
"B-BUT WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEEEEIT..."
>>
>>67737371
Kim Jong-let
>>
>People actually think he will be treated like shit and have 15 years of labor and asshole rape

Come on. At least read up on the past experiences of the past foreigners who have been made prisoners in NKorea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844352/Freed-American-prisoner-Matthew-Miller-wanted-stay-North-Korea-government-officials-not-keen-him.html
>>
>>67737199

If they wanted to kidnap American tourists, they'd be doing it daily. But they don't, because NK is not interested in taking hostages. But they will happily incarcerate an American who committed a crime on NK soil. And the US government may make back channel appeals to have him released, but these efforts won't go far, and no one expects them to.

The state department does not do much to help Americans imprisoned abroad for criminal convictions. There are tons of Americans currently languishing in foreign prisons for having committed crimes, and the US government does nothing to help, because it has no jurisdiction to, and the tourists themselves knew full well the risks involved in travelling to foreign lands.

The US state department puts out travel advisories and puts nations on black lists and tells their citizens to not go, precisely because problems like this can and do arise with very little cause. They have washed their hands of any responsibility to help expats who've been convicted for criminal activity. This is a kid. Not a marine. Not a diplomat. He has no diplomatic immunity. He is worth zero to the strategic interests of the US. He is now on his own.
>>
I go to school with this guy. AMA. :^)
>>
What do you think the value of a NK banner would be over here?
>>
>>67736443
>>67737050
You're both right. I stand corrected.
>>
File: johnny.png (167 KB, 398x297) Image search: [Google]
johnny.png
167 KB, 398x297
>>67733564
I seriously doubt he tried to steal a poster.
I believe I heard that this allegedly took place on the legendary 5th floor of the Yanggakdo Hotel. Those posters are far too big to take.

They probably forced him to confess.
>>
>>67737693
How many cocks do you suck in a day?
>>
File: prison in norway.jpg (147 KB, 1200x624) Image search: [Google]
prison in norway.jpg
147 KB, 1200x624
>plenty of exercise everyday
>food provided without having to shop and cook it yourself
>lots of time to meditate and work on your inner peace
>can jerk off when horny or maybe even fuck a qt asian
>don't have any stress of job, paycheck, friends, or dating

After 15 years you come out ripped as fuck, close to enlightenment, and something as simple as walk on the beach seems like heaven to you because you haven't been spoiled by the internet or constant entertainment.
>>
>>67737693
*went
>>
I hate warm beer so he can rot in glorious reeducation
>>
>>67737693
hAS HE ALWAYS BEEN SUCH A DUMBSHIT?
>>
>>67733564
You'd be crying too if you had to spend 15 years with those slanty eyed, soulless, gook bastards.
>>
>>67737832
>he comes out for 15 years

You actually fell for this meme? He's going out whenever the Kim Jong Un wants to use him as a diplomatic leverage. That could be next week or 50 years from now.
>>
>>67737760
There is a video, the posters are in sections, he tried to take a piece.
>>
>>67737760
Oh crap
>mebbe he groped tea girl's titties
IF SO, 15 YEARS IS LIGHT, THOSE WHO GROPE TEA GIRL DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL
>>
>>67737703
fuck, I mean a legit one would be pretty fucking neat.

Legit swastika flags sell for an upwards of $200.
>>
>>67737957
I assume not, considering how selective the school is. After admission some people start regressing into being retards. Especially ones belonging to frats and sororities.
>>
File: 1429499647490.gif (260 KB, 266x207) Image search: [Google]
1429499647490.gif
260 KB, 266x207
>>67733564
I'll never understand why north korea thinks it's a good idea to antagonize pretty much every single country in the world at once. I could understand if they did it ONLY to america, but fuck, they're pissing off china and shit too.
>>
File: Asset-00620_image.jpg (28 KB, 348x250) Image search: [Google]
Asset-00620_image.jpg
28 KB, 348x250
>>67736215
>>
File: firm american grip.jpg (297 KB, 2048x1547) Image search: [Google]
firm american grip.jpg
297 KB, 2048x1547
he won't be there for much longer than a year, tops. I doubt he'll be freed on Il Sung's birthday in april, but that's the first obvious choice. More likely it'll happen later in august on v-day or the party birthday after they manage to extract some money from the US govt for his release.

>>67734521
>cameras are banned in best korea.
ask me how i know you've never been to the dprk :^)

>>67737760
the 5th floor might be "legendary" but it's pretty boring when you actually see it for yourself. Even if you get caught on the 5th floor, you don't get in trouble - your nork and western guides do for not keeping a close enough eye on you. I totally believe he was stupid enough to try and take a sign off the walls of the 5th floor. The bullshit part of his story is when he claims the CIA was aware of his plans.

t. anon who's actually been to dprk
>>
File: TROLOLOLOL.jpg (2 MB, 1512x2095) Image search: [Google]
TROLOLOLOL.jpg
2 MB, 1512x2095
>>67733564
I believe Obama should trade all of the remaining terrorists...I mean Upstanding US citizens from Gitmo for this fine lad and kill two birds with one allah
>>
File: trump_rect-620x412.jpg (43 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
trump_rect-620x412.jpg
43 KB, 620x412
Why would anybody be on the side of North Korea on this. This man is a citizen, and it is a patriots job to help fellow citizens. We should give the leaders of these zipperheads poisoned Hennessy in exchange for our crybaby comrade
>>
>>67733564
>After 15 years in Best Korea he comes out /fit/ as fuck
>>
>>67733564
How do you even visit North Korea? I assume you can't just catch a flight there. So what, do you hop across the South Korean border?
>>
>>67738757
He went to North Korea and willing broke their law. Why the fuck do you care about someone as stupid as him. There are dozens of Americans who are rotting away in Thailand jails because of stupid crimes, isn't it your patriotic job to aid them as well?
>>
>>67738945
China
>>
>>67738882
I'm sure they'll feed him all the protein he'd need to become fit as fuck.
>>
>>67738945

Fly to China into Great Republic of Korea, it's the only way in
>>
>>67734270
F) he'll get released within the next 2 years. If he dies that causes political tension between the US and North Korea. NK doesn't want to risk that.
>>
>>67739152
for americans, yes.

koryo air also flies to russia, singapore, kuwait, etc.
>>
>>67733564
>http://unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com/uva-student-sentenced-15-years-hard-labor-north-korea/

He's gonna rot - that pastor Mae there has been near a couple years and reports he works 8 hours hard labor a day between visits to the hospital for extreme back pain.

Now libs, keep playin that goofy fuckin asshole gook dance song and proppin' for communism,
YOU FUCKING MORONS !
>>
will send some navy seals to rescue him
>>
>>67734248

Bullshit, barky is a fucking failure.
>>
>>67736826

Oh fuck if Trump actually said that -- especially the last part -- it would go down as the greatest quote of all time. The clip would crash YouTube.
>>
>>67733564
Just get sent to the Siberian logging camps and make a run for one of the old Soviet barracks. They escape all the time. The best part is, the guards run away as well because NK can't even feed their own oppressors.
>>
>>67735584

There are 4 other bargaining ships currently rotting in hard labor dumb shit.

last releases were Carter 2010, and 2 journos as long ago

He can hang for half a decade or more maybe never get out - they're lighting off nukes and claimed ICBM's USA shores capable...

THE FUCKER IS TOAST

Unless Trump becomes POTUS - then watch what happens.
>>
Time to see if President Waitandsee will do anything but whiny bitching
>>
If some stupid gook came to my country and broke the law, let him get raped in jail.

>he literally said it was a prank

Too bad they didn't hang him. Make him serve time, it would be a moral hazard and set an awful precedent to get him out.
>>
>>67739762
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_detained_by_North_Korea
>>
>>67738052

I bet you all the current candidates, Dem and Repub, and maybe even Romney, are currently working their hardest to get this kid out so they can use him in their campaign. "I rescued him!" All their staff members are on the phone right now offering various deals to Kim and his krazy kronies.
>>
I think all liberals should do this. Great learning experience.
>>
>>67736351
>>67733717

>The only reason people travel to isolated parts of the world is to prove a point
>>
>>67736303
He wasnt a hipster. he was in a fraternity
>>
>>67737214

Dear leaders message on rice paper is worth $210,000.00 us dolla to merican cherch

Dear leaders words of wisdom are desired worldwide !
>>
Fuck that, kid(?) may be young and naive, but getting sent to a labor camp for literally nothing is bullshit. Fuck it, send in an invasion force and blow their shit back to the stone age. Best Korea has long had this coming. China and USSR wannabe won't do jack shit. It's about time we had that little kimchee il piggy squealing while taking it in the ass from our boys in guantanimo. Diet of semen, piss and shit for a few years while we peel off a fingernail/toenail each month before sawing his limbs off and blood-eagling him sounds about right.
>>
>>67740083 For the guy's sake, I hope so.
>>
>>67733717
They wanted cultural enrichment from the Free Democratic People's Republic.
>>
He'll probably get out within a 1 year 2 tops.
>>
>>67738161
rip tea girl
>>
>>67740855
lol sure, guy. Koreans sure are forgiving.
>>
>>67740921
Eh, every other American hostage they've taken has been released after just a few months.
>>
>>67737371
they all look the same so you the CIA couldn't tell
>>
File: 1447743137037.gif (325 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1447743137037.gif
325 KB, 370x330
>>67733564
I don't think he really deserves 15 years of hard labor but I also don't care because it's his own fucking fault. Stories of North Korea sentencing people over absolutely nothing are out there and if he really did try to steal the poster then he brought it upon himself.
>>
>>67733564
haha poor burgers.
>>
>hipster
>in a frat
you do know "hipster" does not mean "person i dont like" right?
>>
>>67740039

Oh, wrong was I.
Thank you kindly.
>>
15 years hes fucked for life almost because 15 years is a lot
>>
>>67741241
>I don't think he really deserves 15 years of hard labor
If you had a button that would give all "WOW SO PROGRESSIVES" like him the same sentence, you wouldn't press it?

DUDE I'M TOTALLY LIBERATING THESE KOREANS FROM THIS MICROAGRESSION! KIM JONG UN NEEDS TO CHECK HIS PRIVILEGE BRO!! HE'S A FUCKING ASIAN MALE BROO!!!
>>
If God Emperor is elected, I want to see the kid brought back home. I don't care what you virgin faggots say, he's American and nobody fucks with the US citizens for bullshit reasons like this.
>>
>>67736790

Nah you're all retarded he's going to get a sweet book deal and do regular talks and tv spots for decent cash. He'll also probably ham it up and make himself seem epic and nobody would even know. The guy will be fine if he gets out but his youth will be over...still 36 isn't bad for an adult to still feel a little young..obviously will be the least of his worries then lol
>>
>>67734270
F)
>>
>>67733564
>He literally broke down crying after the sentence.
You would have broken down a lot sooner, because you're a huge faggot, but I think anyone would cry if they were sitting in a North Korean court and sentenced to 15 years hard labor. They may as well had just sentenced the kid to death.
>>
>be american
>get 15 years labour-camp sentence
>and then shot
>>
>>67741497
15 years means suicide imo, waiting until you are 40-50 to get out is retarded
>>
>>67733564
Trump will get him out
>>
>>67734651
He can write a book about it, and be set for life.
>>
>>67741766
This whole situation is just a load of shit

The kid was a fucking dumbass, though, and should've known better
>>
The USA has a long history of sending spies to other countries under the guise of being "church groups" or "hikers" to gather intelligence and/or provoke an international incident.

North Korea is fucked but we like to send a few useful fools over there every once in a while to let the world be reminded.

We'll trade him for some low level DPRK agent or some minor thing.
>>
File: 14581924157999.jpg (211 KB, 600x1011) Image search: [Google]
14581924157999.jpg
211 KB, 600x1011
>>67733564

He's a fucking white male. Who cares? Good riddance.
>>
>>67740039
Likelihood is then that he'll be out within the year.

NK can't get any supplies, the US has pressured Chynaaa to not buy coal/minerals etc from NK. They are FUCKED. That means one of two things

>they make an example of this poor shit and go down swinging

>they release him as a bargaining chip for less stringent trade restrictions
>>
>>67742958
That's not allowed. He probably won't leave NK ever again, even if he survives 15 years in there.
>>
we don't know what will happen to the fag. might get traded. if that happens, he'll do a book, tv appearances, get boatloads of pussy. if he actually has to stay fifteen years...
>>
>>67738573
haha no one cares
>>
>>67733849
http://www.nknews.org/2014/11/matthew-millers-excellent-adventure-in-north-korea/
>>
>>67736110
after the first year, he's prob gonna wish they'd have just given him the gun. the anti aircraft gun
>>
>>67733564

I don't understand why the fuck he would go there? It's fucking mind blowingly stupid.

Stealing a poster isn't a huge deal, 15 years hard labor is insane. Anyone saying this isn't to gain some sort of political pressure against America is blatantly wrong.
>>
>>67737264
>>67737264
>>67737264
THIS

He's a bargaining chip if only Trump could make that deal. He's fucked
>>
I think North Korean citizens who committed the same crime would get the same sentence. So they were being fair even if it seemed harsh.
>>
>>67743575

I'm not sure its for political gain, really. I bet you'd get a similar charge/punishment in a place like Indonesia or Malaysia. Maybe even Thailand after the coup. They don't fuck around over there. Its just a cultural difference.
>>
>>67738573
>t. anon who's actually been to dprk

how and why did you go?
>>
>>67736110
>imma steal from north korea for epic win and brag about it to friends back home xD
US is better off without this tard
>>
>implying that isn't his plan all along
>implying his tear is genuine
>implying the cia and fbi doesn't planned this for year
>implying this man isn't trained to kill fat guy il
>implying north korea won't be liberated bty college wimpy kid

for sure pol
for sure
>>
>>67741241
He did actually steal it. There is a video of him doing it.
>>
>>67738573
Were you actually groping her ass in this pic. If so, well done anon. Did you get any prime NK pussy?
>>
>>67733717
One does not simply walk into best korea
>>
File: 10z3mr.jpg (33 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
10z3mr.jpg
33 KB, 400x387
>>67733564
>>
File: 1458175448860.jpg (133 KB, 950x627) Image search: [Google]
1458175448860.jpg
133 KB, 950x627
you fucking idiots cannot possibly concieve the type of hell this man is in

fuck

fuck international law and the UN
the fucking government needs to rub out that shit stain nation anyway

just rescue the dumb fucker and be done with it

RESCUE HIM
E
S
C
U
E

HIM

totally worth it
nobody should face hell like that
and that hell needs to be removed from the earth
>>
>>67734270
What is strawpoll
>>
>>67744796
The amount of retardation needed to visit North Korea and then committing a crime is immense though. Is it really worth causing an international incident for someone so fucking stupid?
>>
>>67733564
What the fuck is wrong with this man's face? The face he makes when he's "crying" does not look natural at all. It looks forced as all hell. There are no tears and his voice does not shake despite the extreme contortion of his face.
>>
>>67745251
hes fake crying , cant blame him though
>>
File: 1451095873830.gif (1 MB, 170x128) Image search: [Google]
1451095873830.gif
1 MB, 170x128
>>67733564

This dude is going to be in gook hell.

The people in those camps are zombies. A lot of them are sent there young do to crimes older family members have done. Some are born in the camps.

He's going to be breaking his back next to other workers that he wont be able to communicate with and don't know any better and do not care as all they know are the fence line walls they work within.

I would rather jump for a guards gun at the trial and go down fighting then get sentenced to this shit. Would look to kill a young kid on my way out.
>>
>>67733564
Couldn't he have just bought one? I mean I'd imagine they'd be all for getting paid to propagandize.
>>
>>67736110
Yeah serves him right for being an obnoxious fratboy. Just imagine the moment after they booked their tickets: "YO BRO WE'RE GOING TO NORTH-FUCKING-KOR-EE-AA" (high-fiving) thinking they were soooo funny. I would give them another 15 years just for that moment.
>>
>>67745583
lol no you wouldnt, but i like your writing skills very creative
>>
>>67733564
FINISH HIM!
>>
FATALITY
>>
>>67733564
All of this could have been avoided with a gift shop in the airport.
>>
File: 1457985456001.gif (187 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1457985456001.gif
187 KB, 256x192
Anyone who's been to NK know if we're allowed to hook up with the local women?
>>
>>67745494
It's a requirement in NK. If you don't cry on the celebration for the first (now dead) leader, you get arrested and thrown in jail.
>>
>>67733564
What a retard. Never steal shit in other countries. He should be happy of getting 15 years and not getting his hands cut of like in the mudslim countries.
>>
Somehow I feel this is VICE's fault for those (bretty gud) documentaries. Now everyone wand their mum wants to go, but the joke is a bit stale.

US govt should put out message saying "If you travel to DPRK against our warnings, then we won't save you if you fall foul of their laws"
>>
>>67745601

My m8 got back from Nork Land not long ago.

They would sell you a dozen for the lint in your pocket
>>
>>67745808
i 2nd this question
>>
>>67733717
Millennials love danger and travel, was inevitable really.
>>
>>67733564
Boy, 15 years for what amounts to defacing a poster, sounds about right for a place as fucked up as North Korea.

But I mean if you're visiting that hellhole willingly, what the fuck are you thinking not being on your very best behavior? Yes it's going to suck not being able to have fun, but your own stupid ass decided to visit. I just don't get this kid. Feel bad for him though, probably is going to die there just because of some fucking poster. That's no way to go.
>>
North korea has labor camps in siberia
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/15/world/asia/north-korean-labor-camps-in-siberia/
>>
>>67746015
millenials like the idea of danger,
>>
>>67733564
It's all horseshit. The State Department is watching this situation closely and will secure his release somehow, in some way, soon.
>>
>>67743731
Underrated.
>>
You fags do realize that this happens basically every year, right? NK and the US aren't on speaking terms but they communicate through the Sweden embassy. The guy will eventually be released like all the rest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_detained_by_North_Korea
>>
>>67734340

They tell you when you go there not to do dumb shit because so many kids do dumb shit and blog about it or put it on TV and make them look bad.

What he did is like getting out of the jeep on a lion safari.
>>
I want to see him eaten by pigs for his crime.
>>
>be American
>do hard labour
>>
>>67736856

Both.

Hard Labor for this fag will be sitting in an apartment while Lil Kim haggles with America and S.K. over aid amounts.
>>
>>67746006
Yeah see this is what I'd imagine to be the case, making his crime even dumber. I hope he has to serve out the entire sentence as a warning to other potential idiots.
>>
>>67746030

They let you have fun, but they're touchy about shit like this.

If the tour guide or cops didn't do anything and then this guy shows up on you tube waving his stolen poster they get the chop
>>
>>67736351
>It's just like when brainless tumblrinas venture to the middle east to prove a point.
>>
witto piggu tourist actin like niggas in asia lel
>>
>>67735387

I could see it if you actually got to see North Korea, but from the videos on the net every tour is EXACTLY THE SAME. You might as well be going to Disney World. You're just touring a Potemkin Village of bullshit, with literal gulags waiting for you if you fuck up.

Not sure I see the value, other than to say you did it.
>>
fucking based russians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtlxTF_SX28&index=2&list=PLBA9D6F13DEBC3D9E&feature=iv&src_vid=awQDLoOnkdI&annotation_id=annotation_315469
>>
>>67746407

They're poor as shit m8.

My friend brought me back like 9 grand in Best Korea money. Was about 13 bucks Aus.
>>
>>67733849
>liberals
>>
File: g2t.png (35 KB, 160x328) Image search: [Google]
g2t.png
35 KB, 160x328
>>
>>67733564
I feel bad for this poor young cunt
>>
did we ever answer if you can have sex with the women there
>>
15 years? What happened to the 3 generation rule?
>>
>>67745808
The culture is one where women are expected to save their chastity until marriage, and they're xenophobic enough where you are not going to be on the list of potential husbands. Prostitution exists, like pretty much everywhere, but incredibly illegal, so imagine your prison sentence if this shit who tried to swipe a poster got 15 years. They might just outright execute you.
>>
>>67734270
>15 year sentence to labor camp
>14 years, 364 days in
>guard does not like way I hit rock with pickaxe
>sentenced to another 15 years

such is life in the gulag
>>
>>67746825
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
and they want us to send them more rice?

what kind of a shitty deal do we have with this utterly worthless culture?
>>
>>67733564
HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY! HE IS A SPY!
>>
>>67747150
Hard to do when your family isn't in Norkland.
>>
>>67747211
idk what if youre super nice to the guards they like you and you give them a gift then they take you to a brothel,
>>
>>67747299
imagine if the US traded the dudes family for some other US prisoners
Like if the US just decided to fuck this guy over for fun
>>
>>67747299
No, but they're suppose to spend life in the camp, and some prisoners have the possibility of having kids in the camps. Those kids spend life in the camp and etc.
>>
>>67747418
lol thats like a key and peele sketch
>>
>>67747330
Why can't you find pussy in your own country?
>>
>>67747500
if you dont want to help me thats fine, no need to name call
>>
File: tumblr_npi0u1th2B1ty9so0o1_500.png (779 KB, 744x742) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npi0u1th2B1ty9so0o1_500.png
779 KB, 744x742
>>67733564
This will be good for him. It will allow him to reflect upon how privileged his life has been up until now and hopefully, he'll realize how much of it he took for granted.

When he comes home in 15 years he might actually be a good white male.
>>
>>67747418
kek

If someone commits a crime in England, are they brought back? I don't think so. When journalists go to norkjail, it's for trivial shit that ordinarily wouldn't be a crime. This kid actually stole something, which is a crime everywhere. The sentence may seem cruel and unusual, but that's what you get going to North Korea.
>>
>>67747418
lmaoo, actually laughed
>>
>>67747464
Watch the documentary Camp 14: Total Control Zone.
>>
>>67746655
Meanwhile Shane is an even worse backstabbing jew piece of shit, he just happens to not look like one.
>>
White nigger imperialist
>>
>tfw will never go to best Korea and buy a bunch of crazy commie shit to add to the collection
>>
>>67747589
No, you do need a name call. I hope you try, and they put you in a prison camp.
>>
File: 1458109934893.gif (851 KB, 951x534) Image search: [Google]
1458109934893.gif
851 KB, 951x534
>>67733564
>Take a holiday to fucking BEST KOREA of all places
>Go full retard and get caught stealing shit
>He wuz a gud boi he dindu nuffin he go 2 colage n shiet
Serves the stupid little prick right.
>>
>Go into mental propaganda shit hole ran by crazy dictator
>try to steal some of his shit

NO ONE COULD HAVE POSSIBLY FORSEEN THIS!
>>
>>67733564
How did he vacation in North Korea? Is travel to NK not banned?
>>
>>67736351
I'll take Kayla Mueller for $500 Alex
>>
>>67747601
> good white male

implying the only good white male isn't a Dead one
>>
>>67736694
What is far, far worse?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.