[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obama has nominated Merrick Garland as a SCOTUS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x333
What do you guys think?
>>
>>67726388
Do you think anyone of us actually knows who the fuck this guy is?
>>
They call him a moderate but he seems to be against the second amendment.
>>
>>67726388
>Garland was raised as a Jew.

Not looking good.
>>
44% jew court, plus the crypto jew.
>>
>Jew
>most likely anti-second amendment
brb committing suicide
>>
Also no one seems to be discussing this on /pol/ what the hell is going on.
>>
>>67726388
>Merrcuck Garland

Fuck that jew
>>
Can't see into his eyes. He's a problem case.
>>
Republicans going to cuck him and Obama.

I don't know who the fuck would sign up for that.
>>
>>67726517
Theres no right or left for this, just right and wrong, he's wrong.
>>
>>67726388
>jew
>anti-gun
>pro-choice
>(((moderate)))

Fuck that mess
>>
File: oma3.jpg (69 KB, 498x622) Image search: [Google]
oma3.jpg
69 KB, 498x622
>there will never be another WASP on the SCOTUS
>>
File: what.jpg (17 KB, 350x259) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
17 KB, 350x259
Good that his fucking job. I couldn't put in my two weeks and sit on my ass and no nothing at a wagecuck McJob, so I don't understand why everyone is shitting on the President for doing his job while he still has it, unless you're a little butthurt conservacuck.
>>
He's just a placeholder until Hilary gets the Democrat supermajority to confirm a far-left abortionist.
>>
viscous jew illuminati agent
>>
File: stack.jpg (225 KB, 877x707) Image search: [Google]
stack.jpg
225 KB, 877x707
Obama couldn't get Congress to pass his idea of "common sense" gun control so now he is getting a justice who will undo DC vs Heller and attack RKBA from the bench

Pic related: This is what America will get if Garland is put on the Supreme Court
>>
File: 1443667024874.jpg (100 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443667024874.jpg
100 KB, 600x600
>>67727037
>>pro-choice
Of the things you listed, this one is not a fault. Pic related.
>>
I wish I were a Senator so I could reject nominees based solely on how punchable their faces are.
>>
>>67727165
Also I am sure some of these judges play moderate so they have a chance at making supreme court.
>>
>>67726388
No, Obama has fucked up enough already. Let the people vote for the new president, and let the new president elect supreme court judges.
>>
>>67726388

That he has others problems to deal with.

So he took the most neutral jewish guy around to be sure he don't have to deal with autistic cheat.

He seems exhausted.

https://youtu.be/3q8tkoqdAlU

Something is coming guys. Have you felt it ?
>>
Just what we need, another shekel loving kike.
>>
Anyone actually have a good source saying anti-second amendment?
>>
File: 46938683_p1_master1200.jpg (464 KB, 686x984) Image search: [Google]
46938683_p1_master1200.jpg
464 KB, 686x984
>>67726604

No "most likely" to it

When DC vs Parker overturned DC's gun laws, the city wanted it re-heard by all 10 judges on the Circuit Court of Appeals. Garland voted to hear it but was outnumbered.

He also as a judge said it was okay for the Clinton Administration to retain NICS data, and thus de facto gun registration
>>
he looks cunty, is he a cunt?
>>
>>67726662
This is a place for memes and Aussie shit posting, not intelligent conversations. Fuck off to library.com if you want that shit, nerd.
>>
>>67727543
His past record in the court of appeals. Google it you lazy fucking NEET
>>
>>67726388

>another gun grabbing kike

double plus fuck no
>>
>>67727795
>>67727872
nah, we like being spoon fed, if you dont have the sauce fuck of faggot
>>
File: 1457245655085-pol.jpg (62 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
1457245655085-pol.jpg
62 KB, 470x600
>>67727985
>>67727985
>>
This guy is just a pawn in the left's political agenda. Obama is throwing a curveball. If republicans don't confirm this "moderate judge who everyone loves(JEW)" they will be omgg so raycist and it weakens their election chances.

Republicans really need to counter this with getting behind Trump. The left does not expect that ever happening and it will throw them totally off balance
>>
>>67728229
>using image macros
>>
File: derp.jpg (8 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
8 KB, 206x200
>>67727257
>hurr we've let whites become degenerate sluts who don't reproduce
>I know! let's abort niggers!

No, you're the anti-white one. Your hedonism is the direct result of cultural marxist programming.
>>
>>67727872
every article i find just quotes a third party because they don't want to get slammed for libel. I seriously trying to find something more substantial than what that one guy over there said about one absurdly specific instance.
>>
>>67728246
Well, this could be a thing where they can stop his nomination, By acknowledging he is a Jew on the left therefore not white it could bring it to the forefront of public thought if it's played correctly. A lot of Normies don't see a difference between Jews And Whites so denying him the nomination won't really make a difference. Say for instance a Conservative Pro 2nd amendment black man. That would send the liberals heads spinning.
>>
>>67728702
YOU MEAN AN UNCLE TOM COCONUT
>>
>>67728555

He voted to rehear a case (along with a conservative judge) instead of let a 3 judge panel decide it but the vote was 6-4 against. That's it. There are no decisions or opinions in actual cases you can find that he has demonstrated an anti-2A bias. The right is trying to rationalize why they shouldn't confirm him now because they think they'll have the chance come next year, when the unfortunate reality is that waiting also gives Hillary a very real chance to be the one choosing the nominee

Garland will probably be the least liberal option for the bench
>>
>>67726388
I hope the Republicans have the balls to not approve him. I really don't want the court to go left at all; that would be disastrous.

>>67726662
There was a thread earlier that went past the bump limit.
>>
>>67728508
>Hedonism
Haha. I think there should be an IQ test for before people are allowed to have children. Consider suicide.
>>
File: GunControl.jpg (924 KB, 1640x2584) Image search: [Google]
GunControl.jpg
924 KB, 1640x2584
Sounds like this guy has gun control problems. Thus he is unacceptable.
>>
>>67726388
Great, about time Americans gave up their so called "muh unalienable rights"
>>
>>67726604
He is anti second amendment.
>>
>>67726388
The only thing we know about him is that he's a jew who isn't very fond of the 2nd amendment. Obama tried to find the least known person for the job in order to try to sneak a liberal past the establishment cucks.
>>
File: CalChuchesta.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
CalChuchesta.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>Lead prosecutor on the Timothy McVeigh case
>Twenty years on one of the most important appellate courts in the land
>Old white guy
>Considered a moderate who was backed by Orrin Fucking Hatch
>COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE LIBERAL

You Conservatards are really funny...
>>
>>67729038
It does not matter. There are no judges of Scalia's caliber on the bench anymore. The court will shift left no matter what. Welcome to permanent affirmative action.
>>
Look at this realistically and learn to manage expectations

If Hillary wins in November you can be sure she's nominating someone who is far more Liberal than Garland

Obama looked for someone who is moderate enough that he can be sold to the public as such but liberal enough to protect the Democrats gun legislation interests

The Supreme court seat is one of the most important issues and both parties don't realise this

If Republicans refuse to cooperate they will get killed come election time. Refusal to compromise and party politics (Particularly from Republicans) has created the worst grid lock in American history, If Republicans refuse to support what is going to be the realistic best case scenario, they've lost.

Trump would do well to separate himself from the uncooperative Republican establishment and stand behind Obama's decision. Cruz is part of that establishment, part of the group of Republicans who won't compromise on anything and will allow gridlock. Trump has said he gets along with everyone and will work with Democrats. Obama nominating someone who is palatable enough for majority of Republican voters is literally a best case scenario for Trump demonstrating his ability to work with Democrats and expose Rato as someone who wouldn't get anything done because of party politics in one fell swoop.
>>
>>67730053
>Lead prosecutor on the Timothy McVeigh case
For srs? Wow, talk about a member of the gang.
>>
>>67730055
Not if a Republican wins next election. It's true that this particular seat might go to this dude, but there's like 3-4 other seats that might go during the next presidency and with a Republican president we can ensure conservative justices for the future.
>>
>>67730171
>If Hillary
If Hillary isn't indicted it won't matter, the FBI will investigate everyone on capitol hill.
>>
>>67726388
Follow the advice of Joe Biden and don't hold any hearing until the election is over.
>>
>>67730053
>old white guy
please be bait
>>
File: 1457661006363.png (832 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1457661006363.png
832 KB, 534x712
He is probably pic related too.
>>
>>67730479
She will never be prosecuted, stop being retarded.
>>
>>67730479
You can't bet on something like that.

Here's Republicans options:
a) Get behind Garland and demonstrate ability to work with Democrats
b) Refuse to cooperate and kill themselves in the eyes of the public

Fallout of option b)
1) Lose the election, possibly lose the Senate and have to put up with Hillary's nomination
2) Win the election, get their best case scenario

Option a) is the second best option but b2) hangs on a lot of "ifs" and if those ifs don't come through, you're fucked.

M.A.N.A.G.E E.X.P.E.C.T.A.T.I.O.N.S.
>>
>>67730954
>Republicans losing favor by refusing to affirm an extremely anti-gun justice
Nah.
This guy's views on guns make Britain look right wing.
>>
File: vepr.jpg (430 KB, 1498x900) Image search: [Google]
vepr.jpg
430 KB, 1498x900
>>67726388
He's an anti-gun totalitarian leftist. About as bad of a choice as you could possibly make.
>>
>>67730924
Hopefully that will be the case, the backlash is worth more than her being prosecuted.
>>
>>67731106
When refusal to compromise kills the Republican party in a 1964 blow out don't come crying on /pol/ that you Hillary's new justice makes you check your privilege every morning
>>
>>67731221
There's no compromise to be had, this guy's a fucking traitor.
>>
>>67731333
Alrighty then

ps: there's a reason no one likes Ted Cruz
>>
File: why.jpg (304 KB, 876x1200) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
304 KB, 876x1200
>>67726479
This, desu.
>>
>>67731475
Indeed. Cruz is a lying, sleazy, compromising traitor.
>>
>>67731475
Because Ted Cruz is a Canadian.
And likely a sociopath, but I guess that goes with the Canadian moniker.
>>
>>67731153
"I have never heard of this guy before today and went to Breitbart to learn everything I now know"
>>
>>67731221
When someone wants to stab you 400 times, you don't compromise by letting them stab you 200 times.
>>
>>67732166
just get a gun m8
>>
>>67732166
You do when they're going to stab you 800 times in a years time because you wouldn't let them stab you 400 times
>>
File: Saiga308DONE.jpg (641 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Saiga308DONE.jpg
641 KB, 1280x960
>>67731817
As an NRA member, I already knew everything I needed to know about the authoritarian nutcase.
>>
File: warning.jpg (194 KB, 768x979) Image search: [Google]
warning.jpg
194 KB, 768x979
>>67726582
Nice to see that I'm not the only one who cracked the numbers
>>
>>67732365
stab back you pussy
>>
congress better block this lefty gun grabbing fuck
>>
>>67732365
Do you seriously believe the average voter gets worked up about delaying supreme court nominations?

A lot of them probably think the supreme court means Judge Judy.
>>
>>67731817
when someone's sole political stance has been leftist in the past, you can trust him to be so in the future.
>>67731221
We already tried compromise. IT DOESNT WORK. Reagan compromised on guns, we compromised on amnesty and border nonsense, and it got us nowhere.
>>
>>67732589
Stabbing back will lose you the elections

Republicans are between a rock and a hard place

They don't get the choice they want If they support him ,but they are completely and utterly fucked if they block it and will get someone far worse than Garland
>>
I was reading his record and nothing too bad came up but the fact that he is so strongly against the second amendment makes him an auto no
>>
>>67732365

The Republicans ONLY stand to gain from delaying this with regards to voters, its all upside and no downsides.
>>
>>67732922
nah we'll get someone as close to Scalia

no big surprise an auscuck doesn't know about murikan politics
>>
>>67732922
Fuck elections. Term limits anyway.

Stab back. And if you need to then stab back again. And anyway if you go to a knife fight then bring a gun and shoot that motherfucker before he can stab you even once.
>>
File: Saiga308Finished.jpg (609 KB, 1280x900) Image search: [Google]
Saiga308Finished.jpg
609 KB, 1280x900
>>67732794
Supreme court matters infinitely more than who's the president. In 4 years you can have a different president, meanwhile I might be in a grave before the supreme court changes, and their damage can literally result in the revocation of the entire bill of rights.
>>
>>67732794
>Do you seriously believe the average voter gets worked up about delaying supreme court nominations?

When the media will absolutely destroy the Republicans for refusal to cooperate, yes

>>67732875
And what happens when the Republican party dies
>>
File: truetrump.jpg (606 KB, 800x1768) Image search: [Google]
truetrump.jpg
606 KB, 800x1768
>>67727111
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. I think Hillary will have some issues being re-elected. Even though we may be about to lose that battle with Trump, we will win the war. The next a election cycle, there will be a strong-arm candidate like Trump minus the racial rhetoric who will get much more support from the party. Trump is this generation's Goldwater (insurgency candidate from the 60's who was seen as extreme for his time, and lost big in the general, but laid the foundation of the modern republican party). Once this candidate gets in, the supreme court will get cleaned up.
>>
Probably irrelevant, unless the establishment gets scared of letting Trump pick a SCOTUS (which won't happen this early).
>>
>>67733104
This is true, but I doubt the average voter knows it.

>>67733137
The media have been doing that for decades, and it's really unlikely that rolling over on this will change anything.
>>
>>67732875
>We already tried compromise. IT DOESNT WORK.

This, NEVER COMPROMISE. Compromise is both sides getting something, and the libshits version of this is just taking slightly less than they want. . . then coming back for the rest later.

Never compromise with liberals. Ever. They're the fucking enemy.
>>
If the GOP doesn't reject every SCOTUS nomination I'm gonna vote third party the rest of my life
>>
>>67730864
how fucking crazy would it have been if Garland was named as one of the Martians, days prior to his nomination?
>>
>>67727165
>Pic related: This is what America will get if Garland is put on the Supreme Court

I'd like to see you back that up without linking to a lobby group's talking points.
>>
File: 1438193878034.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1438193878034.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>willingly wanting to be picked so you can be thrown into the middle of a pissing contest where Obama cries a trillion nigger tears nobody wants his gun control
>willingly falling for the media shilling that this is a big deal
>>
>>67734075
UH OH HERE COMES A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE WITH SUPREME COURT LEVEL DEBATE SKILLS
>>
>>67732794
seriously this.... Ausfag educating us Muricans

(P.S. Ignore my flag... on vacay slaying latin pussy)
>>
>>67733137
Yeah, because the media's so good at crushing Trump.

>And what happens when the Republican party dies

The media is always chanting sexist, racist, fascist, misogynistic, it can't do anything to harm the Republicans further. Nor will ANYONE give a shit or change their minds because of this. The federal shutdown pissed people off because it had a practical effect on people's lives, but voters still turned out in droves to reelect congressmen.
>>
>>67727543

He's nominated by Obama.
>>
>>67734988
It didn't even barely shut down anything.

It was literally the media sperging out to try to alter a Congressional vote by pandering to the voting base.
>>
>>67729033

No confirmations until the election. Fuck you, Democrats did the same to Dubya.

Fuck you.

This has been going on forever, it's always been a gentleman's agreement. You're just throwing your little shitfit because your Magic Nigger is office.

Go get castrated.
>>
>>67730479

Look at his fucking flag, dumbass.
>>
>>67734988
>The media is always chanting sexist, racist, fascist, misogynistic, it can't do anything to harm the Republicans further.
I am waiting for some one major to bring up the boy who cried wolf situation.
>>
Horrible choice. Gun grabbing scum. Hope the republicucks can do something right for once and block him.
>>
Problem for Republicans isn't just who is president but also that the GOP has to defend 24 senate seats while the Democrats are only defending 10 seats. That makes the odds of the Democrats taking control of the Senate pretty good for them. Which of these scenarios is least frightening to the Republican establishment.

1) Garland is confirmed, gets on the court.

2) Garland is rejected, Trump wins the White House, Democrats take the Senate. Trump doesn't give a shit who the establishment wants, he goes with a nominee that's pro-labor, anti-globalist. Democrats pup up a fight but the labor wing of the party threatens to primary everyone Democrat in the 2018 midterm.

3) Garland is rejected, Clinton wins the White House, Democrats take the Senate. Hillary nominates a man hating feminist commie to the court, the Democrat controlled Senate rubber stamps them in.

Keep in mind that there are three more justices on the court who are likely going to be replaced over the next two terms. If Clinton wins, the court is gone for decades. If Trump wins, he'll get other court slots that will counteract Garland's vote on the court.
>>
>>67734988
>>67735461

The repubs would probably be better off trying to provoke the press into nakedly partisan hysteria. That way the media will lose a lot of its already dwindling credibility and influence, which would be a colossal win.
>>
>>67735859
If Trump wins, he can use his star power to keep a republican majority, easy peazy.
>>
>>67727061
Where does the "If only you knew" meme come from?
>>
>>67736331
The elections happen at the same time genius. But you're still sort of right. If Trump is doing strongly enough in the election, he can get a lot of people out to vote for him and they would probably pull for Republican senators as well.
>>
>>67726479
Oy vey
""Potential Supreme Court Religious Demographic:""
4 Jews / 5 Catholics
""General:""
Religion: ""Judaism""
Born: November 13, 1952 - ""Chicago, Illinois""
Wife: Lynn Rosenman
Children: Rebecca Garland(1991), Jessica Garland(1993)
Graduated: Harvard College with his bachelor's degree in 1974
Graduated: Harvard Law School with his J.D. degree in 1977
""Professional Career:""
1977-1978: Law clerk for Judge Henry Friendly in the United States
1978-1979: Law clerk for Associate Justice of the United States William J. Brennan, Jr.
1979-1981: Special Assistant United States Attorney General, United States Department of Justice
1981-1989: Attorney, private practice
1989-1992: Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia
1992-1993: Attorney, private practice
1993-1994: Deputy Assistant U.S. Attorney, Criminal Prosecutions Division of the United States Department of Justice
1994-1997: Principal Associate Deputy U.S. Attorney General
1997-2013: Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
2013-XXXX: Chief Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
""Domestic Terrorism:""
+ Supervised the ""UNABOM"" Prosecution.
+ Supervised the ""Oklahoma City Bombing"" Prosecution.
A Noble Lie: The Oklahoma City Bombing of 1995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpNIMSDwvOw&t=25
""Published Works:""
Deregulation and Judicial Review:
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1340869?origin=crossref&seq=1
Antitrust and State Action: Economic Efficiency and the Political Process:
https://www.jstor.org/stable/796502?origin=crossref&seq=1
""Media/External:""
Merrick Garland has ‘very liberal view of gun rights':
https://archive.is/P33Eb
McConnell: 'No hearing for Garland':
https://archive.is/RQEBd
AP: 'Obama nominates Garland to high court, challenging GOP'
https://archive.is/yi2Zi
CNN: Who is Merrick Garland?
https://archive.is/GMOSt#selection-201.7-201.22
JeWiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland
>>
>>67735859

Yeah, but only a small fraction of the seats are competetive. Odds are Republicans will hold a bare majority of the senate after losing 2 seats. But if the next election is anything like the last miderms or the primaries, Republicans will probably wind up winning even more seats due to higher turn out.

Most likely will just hold a bare majority.
>>
>>67726388
>Jew
nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope
>>
>>67730954
>kill themselves in the eyes of the public

Good old aussie shitposting.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.