[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity thread. I've finally found a link which c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1453850523426.jpg (2 MB, 600x5832) Image search: [Google]
1453850523426.jpg
2 MB, 600x5832
Christianity thread.

I've finally found a link which contains the entire writing of Sir Issac Newton regarding the Bible and the prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse of St. John.

Everyone should read this.

http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/sir-isaac-newtons-daniel-and-the-apocalypse-1733/
>>
Guys get in here
>>
>>67690654
Great pic!
>>
>>67690654
Oh, wow, I was just thinking the other day I wonder how Newton got to 2056/2060 as the second coming.

Thanks!
>>
>>67690654
So according to your pic god is The All ik hermetic terms and I can agree with that. So is the biblical god the demiurge? Are there perhaps different ones in the old and new testament?
>>
>>67690654
Christians must be pacifists to be consistent with Christ's teachings. Being a pacifist has implications you probably don't like.
>>
I fucking love that site!
>>
>>67692041
No, no, no, no, and no.
>>
>>67692079
Luke 22
Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’[d] For the things concerning Me have an end.”

So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”

And He said to them, “It is enough.”

Flee, Deist. This is a Christian thread.
>>
>>67692747
>>67692079
He's right. Taking a sword means fighting demons, not fighting men. That's the purpose of Christianity, to reach deification, the thing stopping us from this are demons which make us sin, therefore we need to pray, fast, control our mind, heart, body and become the pure walking image of Christ. Sadly, this is not accomplished by killing Muslims, because then everyone would be inside the Kingdom.
>>
>>67692747
Nobody ever said the sword is to fight men. Swords serve to fight beasts as well.
Christ *DID* however comment the following verses.

Mt 5.44 , Lu 6.27 , Lu 6.3, Mt 5.39, Lu 6.37, Lu 12.22, Mt 7.12.
>>
>>67693036
To add one more thing; the Bible also says: Do not hate your enemy, but hate the enemy of God. God has no enemies, his love for all humans is so great he gave his only son to die on the cross to redeem our sins. Hating people means hating God.
>>
>>67692079
I've realized that. But I came to pacifism after Iraq, and came to Christianity after atheism.
>>
>>67693036
>Demons can be stabbed.

Another idiot is heard from.
>>
>>67693336

>Swords are not used to fight men.

Another idiot heard from.
>>
>>67693384
I hope you're trolling and not taking things literally.
>>
>>67693428
>Nobody ever said the sword is to fight men
>the sword
>the
Then you say
>"Swords are not used to fight men"
as if I ever implied that. Stawmanning isn't a good thing to do.
>>
>>67693336
2 Corinthians
For you, being so wise, tolerate the foolish gladly.

For you tolerate it if anyone enslaves you, anyone devours you, anyone takes advantage of you, anyone exalts himself, anyone hits you in the face.

See, idiots like you think Jesus told Christians to turn the other cheek.

Because you're idiots. After all, you have the same theology as the devil. You're pretty sure God exists.

Well, the devil is damned sure God exists.
>>
>>67690654
>the chain cannot be infinite
poor christfags cannot into recursive forms
>>
>>67690654
They literally made a board to keep this exact thread off /pol/

>>>/his/
>>
>>67693631
?

Of course you tolerate those who visit evil upon you. Not only do you tolerate them, but you forgive them and pray for them.
>>
>>67693750
That board is awful and no one should use it.
>>
>>67693441
>Swords are for demons.
>>
>>67693348
Oops. Meant to say that I was already a pacifist before finding the faith. Indeed, it was one of the things that brought me in. I was atheist for years after my time in Iraq. If Christianity were...let's just say more warlike or if it held the "eye for an eye" attitude, it would be a huge red flag; much in the way Islam does not ring true to me. Since it affirms life and affirms peace (things I learned to be true and virtuous the hard way, while in combat), I found truth in Christianity.
>>
>>67693384
Of course they can be stabbed, St. John the Climacus once binded the demon of Pride with the rope of humbleness and chain of obedience, and asked them: What is the thing that bothers you the most? They said: We do not like obedience, nor humbleness, but the thing that bothers us the most is the name of the Living God. This gives us the hint that prayer, more accuratelly Jesus' prayer is the weapon used against sinful thougths, feelings and actions.
>>67693631
The Didache clearly says to turn the other cheek. If you can't turn the other cheek, at least do not preach that Jesus told everyone to go kill a bunch of muslims.
>>
>>67693840
So?

Go to your fucking containment board autist.
>>
>>67693629
>Swords are not used to fight men, part 2.
>>
>>67693936
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>67693798
Paul's scolding them for being dumb, like you.
>>
>>67693971
So you are just trolling. Ite bruh. Enjoy.
>>
>>67693882
>Demons can be stabbed, part 2.
>>
File: mirthful-grin-in-the-yard.png (199 KB, 800x709) Image search: [Google]
mirthful-grin-in-the-yard.png
199 KB, 800x709
>2016
>still worshipping the deceased Rabbi Yeshua ben Yosef, self-proclaimed Son of the ancestral Hebrew god YHWH

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>67694036
I wonder where you got the idea that not tolerating fools means you visit physical violence upon them and not spiritual instruction. Certainly not in the New Testament.
>>
>>67694113
>i don't really understand what you said nor do i want to, but here, let me throw some greentext at you
>>
>>67690654
> a potential something isn't a real something
I'm glad you finally agree with abortion.
>>
>>67693341
>hate the enemy of God
>God has no enemies

???
>>
>>67694453
Realized potential is not potential. Nobody makes the argument that potential is a something - if they did then almost anything material could be taken as potential for x, since almost anything material can be incorporated in composites as a potential.
>>
>>67694541
God has no human enemies, sorry
>>
File: lil b.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
lil b.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>67690654
>everything is a result of something else
>there must have been a beginning
>the beginning just happens to be the guy i worship
>all those thousands of other religions who claim that the guy they worship is the beginning are wrong because it says so in my 2000 year old Torah fanfic
Christfags plz
>>
>>67694053
>Still believes swords are not for fighting men.

Still doesn't understand Jesus is the Commander of the Hosts of Heaven, not some hippie.

Deists. Not once.
>>
>>67694227
When Paul mocks you for getting slapped in the face repeatedly, it's time to abandon the notion that you're supposed to get slapped in the face repeatedly.

The things of God are not for you, child of satan. They're just not.
>>
>>67694257
>Still believes demons can be stabbed.
>>
>>67693865
That was touching anon. God bless and thank you for your service.
>>
>>67695436
Paul never does that. You can read up on what a fool is in the Bible *elaborately* in the Old Testament and New Testament. A fool is not a person who deals physical violence upon you.
>>
>>67695334
Literally retarded.
>>
>>67695477
>>67695436
>>67695334
Jesus said that loving God and loving others is literally the one commandment by which the entire Law is held upon.
>>
File: 1438057985754.jpg (134 KB, 450x547) Image search: [Google]
1438057985754.jpg
134 KB, 450x547
>mfw protestant """Christians""" say that they are a pastor on the weekend and a frycook as their day job
>>
>>67694210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
>>
>>67695717
Because they don't feel as if they're entitled to being sustained on the generosity of others, like a significant portion of Catholic clergy.
>>
>>67693882
>The Didache clearly says to turn the other cheek.

If you're doing this, you're trying to be Super Jew, not Christian.

Jesus taught the Law, and then added to the Law things God does.

So if you want to continue following satan to hell, continue turning the other cheek, and walking the extra mile, and giving the thief your coat too.

Because you want to be perfect, as God is perfect, and that's what God would do.

So knock yourself out dude. Be super Jew.
>>
>>67695914
So what's a real Christian?
>>
any mystics here

>>67695746
>William Lane Craig
>>
>>67695914
>So if you want to continue following satan to hell, continue turning the other cheek, and walking the extra mile, and giving the thief your coat too.
>
>Because you want to be perfect, as God is perfect, and that's what God would do.
>

please explain this fascinating reasoning o learned one
>>
File: christian life best life.png (231 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
christian life best life.png
231 KB, 678x678
>Anyone else here watch ChurchMilitant?

Michael puts out some pretty good shit every once in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ7FYhejjHo
>>
>>67696464
"A tie is a loss". Is that something he tries to support?
>>
>>67694257
>Demons can be attacked with chains.
>>
>>67695516
Thanks. God bless.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.