[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frenchies of /pol/, how is the history of the French Revolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: robespierre.png (259 KB, 482x374) Image search: [Google]
robespierre.png
259 KB, 482x374
Frenchies of /pol/, how is the history of the French Revolution and early French Republic taught in your public schools?

Specifically how are Robespierre, the Terror, and Napoleon portrayed?
>>
Nobody on this board has a clue what you're talking about
>>
>>>/his/
We talk about this kind of thing a lot here.
>>
>>67669025

I do :^)

Mais je ne suis pas Francais
>>
>>67669113

there are no flags on his though
>>
File: 1446600418855.png (144 KB, 946x472) Image search: [Google]
1446600418855.png
144 KB, 946x472
Robespierre was a good boi who dindu nuffins at all

he just tryinga git his republic back on track, he need them donations fo his cult of the supreme being programs
>>
>>67668918
Negatively and unfairly.
>>
>>67668918
France's history started with revolution, before that we just had muh evil kings and muh oppressive church, Revolution was birth of freedom and equality, republic is so beautiful we had to sacrifice a few, but really a few, evil aristocrats (Vendée? Never heard about it) and it was worth it. Robespierre is evil, Danton was thhe good guy. Napoléon is pretty much Hitler.

There you go my burgerfriend.
>>
>>67669553

thanks m8
>>
File: frenchRevolution.png (30 KB, 624x576) Image search: [Google]
frenchRevolution.png
30 KB, 624x576
>>67668918
>>
>>67668918
Napoleon : responsible of colonisation, if not this program is very little discussed

Robespierre : this is not at school that they learn The Terror
>>
All eyes are on Robespierre's Tumbril, where he, his jaw bound in dirty linen, with his half-dead Brother and half-dead Henriot, lie shattered, their "seventeen hours" of agony about to end. The Gendarmes point their swords at him, to show the people which is he. A woman springs on the Tumbril; clutching the side of it with one hand, waving the other Sibyl-like; and exclaims: "The death of thee gladdens my very heart, m'enivre de joi"; Robespierre opened his eyes; "Scélérat, go down to Hell, with the curses of all wives and mothers!" -- At the foot of the scaffold, they stretched him on the ground till his turn came. Lifted aloft, his eyes again opened; caught the bloody axe. Samson wrenched the coat off him; wrenched the dirty linen from his jaw: the jaw fell powerless, there burst from him a cry; — hideous to hear and see, til Samson's axe fell him silent.
>>
>>67669113
Learn & teach history is first of all a political/ideological act.
>>
>>67669142
Vous devriez être.
>>
File: Jean-Léon_Gérôme_003.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1149) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Léon_Gérôme_003.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1149
>>67669553

Why such a terrible impression of Napoleon? When I was in school we mostly went over how he revolutionized warfare, was a brilliant field commander, and one of the keenest military minds in history. Also, Napoleonic Code has been incredibly influential in shaping legal systems around the world to this day.
>>
>>67669553
>Napoléon is pretty much Hitler.
Do they seriously teach this? Here Napoleon is regarded as a kind of hero, even though he conquered part of the country
>>
Napoleon : Tyrant
French revolution : led by the people (which is false)
Robespierre & the terror : Tyrant & tyranny
>>
>>67670915
>>67671039
For our leftist teachers (and that means pretty much all of them) Napoléon is a precursor of fascism because he instaured the Empire and Hitler payed respects to his grave (also they both tried to invade Russia isnt that a proof???). We are quickly told his victories and some good things like the Code Civil, but he himself is depicted in a bad light.
>>
>>67669553
>>67671135
I have never seen a school book or any leftist teacher portraying Robespierre in a bad light. He was either a good boi who dindu nuffin or a necessary evil.
>>
File: csm_napoleon_1072255_f9189c2eca.jpg (445 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
csm_napoleon_1072255_f9189c2eca.jpg
445 KB, 462x600
>>67671205
Fuck your teachers! Leave Napoléon alone!!!!!! He was fabolous.
>>
>>67671778
Go to school then.
>>
>>67669553

> Napoléon is pretty much Hitler.

Never learnt that

But i guess it also depends on the teacher
>>
tfw u wish Napoleon never went on his retarded Russian campaign

why did he have to throw it all away
>>
>>67671921
More like you are full of shit. Which book exactly portray Robespierre as the bloodthirsty dictator he actually was? Which year of school? Which year on the calendar?
>>
>>67672396
Is your butt fine fellow angry frog ?

Well, i'm pretty sure but it was before 5th (college), and it was 10/15 years ago.
>>
>>67669553
Which school did you attend ? In my middle school/high school, it was all about how Robespierre was muh evil dictator and how the Vendéen and the kings were not that bad etc... Fucking royalist
>>
>>67671836
He was indeed.

>>67671778
Robespierre took the blame while he wasnt the worst. I mean he was a commie sure, but he was an idealist. All the others (Danton being the worst) where bourgeois traitors to the people they pretended to serve. But since Robespierre was the head he is "the bad guy" and the others and "the nicer revolutionnaries".

>>67672190
Sure, if you were lucky enough to have a non leftist teacher. With journalists they are the most left leaning profession though.

>>67672216
He had to. They opened they ports to English trade Napoléon tried to block. His real mistake was going for Moscow, he should have aimed for St Petersbourg where was hiding the Tsar.
>>
>>67673055
Kill yourself commie.
>>
>>67673120
You don't come from Paris, do you ?
>>
>>67671836
Well napoleon, the kind of guy you'd rather have some shitskins with weekly buttfuck duties.

It is everything you don't want to pay for. A real and acute reason to start shooting. To stand up for ones right.
>>
This is straight out : ~ shoot the faggot ~
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.