[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
According to this book, listening to rap, pop, electro and rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 440x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 440x665
I think he is right. Never met any rap/rock/pop fan that was smart

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minh_Dung_Louis_Nghiem

http://www.amazon.fr/Musique-personnalit%C3%A9-difficult%C3%A9s-scolaires-Nghiem/dp/2916727981
>>
>according to a Viet
>>Brazil

Those people still drink urine. You're a mixed-race mongrel nigger. Pass.
>>
>>67652570
I bet 100$ that you are a metal fan
>>
>>67652485

who designed that cover, absolute autist
>>
>>67652703
You'd lose $100, which probably means you wouldn't eat for 3 months
>>
>>67652485

Music doesn't "make you stupid"; rather, stupid people naturally prefer simpler forms of music.
>>
"Music soothes the savage"

Rock music unleashes the savage

I think that this is pretty correct
>>
>>67652968
I hope this book gets translated to english

So you can at least read the introduction.
>>
Uplifting Trance in this list?
>>
>>67653163
He mentions that people who go to clubs with eletronic music tend to get incapable of understanding logical statements
>>
>>67653057
No the author is pretty much correct that, that music makes you stupid.
It's meant to appeal to the simple and reinforce it.

The social aspect of listening to mainstream bands (which all fall under those genres) makes people listen to them, and once they get hooked on the incredibly simple, catchy, and repetitive beats and tones their brain actually begins to adjust to that very same pattern.
Basically, their brains become another generic 4/4 major chord song about your typical every day vices.
And low and behold, that is the exact life style of the average young individual, just repetitive vice and vanity.
>>
> Peut-on échapper par la culture judéo-chrétienne aux effets pervers de la transe inhérents à ces musiques tam-tam promus par les marchands de culture de mort ?
Can we, through Judeo-Christian culture, escape the perverse effects of the trance induced by this tam-tam music [tam-tam = african drums famous in France] promoted by merchants of culture and death.

Ok which one of you wrote that book ?
>>
>>67653910
>tam-tam music

African voodoo, pop, rock........

TAM-TAM
BUM BUM
>>
>>67653783
Sounds like youtube pseudo-science "spirit science" bullshit
>>
>>67653783
So basically mainstreme music written by the same 5 jewish guys is what's bad, and not the genres in and of themselves?
>>
>>67654041
It sounds like spiritual bullshit
But what he said is basically what the book is trying to proof
>>
What about memewave?
>>
>>67653295
I don't even go to clubs/festivals.
>>
>>67653783
Some kinds of music are mind altering and can actually make you more intelligent. The tripe you hear on the mainstream is all nothing but hypno-pussy bullshit.
>>
>>67653783
It's kind of how having a higher vocabulary makes you smarter, and using broken down ghetto slang of any kind will of course make you think just as unsophisticated. You are feeding this shit into your brain and your brain does adapt to it.

Bad music (or rather, pop music, there's pop rock and pop rap) will make you dumb because you're adapting to it.

Even if you HATE, i mean literally DESPISE classical music or any other type of complicated music, couldn't stand it for a second.
If you allow your brain to adapt to it, even slightly, you will begin to crave the more complex and it gradually builds up to a point where you can't even look back. You can't even bop your head to pop music anymore because you see the entirety of the song for what it's for right away and are disgusted, knowing full well that things a million times better exists.

>>67654135
Yes.

Rap is not bad and its usually the worst and most milked one. It can be incredibly intellectual, it's just another medium, same goes for the other genres.
Except for POP because the entire nature of pop music is to be a product.
>>67654041
>>67654164
It's not spiritual at all numbnuts, but it is pseudo-science simply because I can't give you hard, peer reviewed evidence of something that is PSYCHOLOGICAL and is hard to prove anyway.
I'm telling you based on observation, ones you can make yourself.
Take note of the vocabulary example I mentioned.
>>
>>67654410
>It is pseudo-science
>I can't give you hard, peer-reviewed evidence

Knew it. I knew it even though I'm a big 'ol dummy for listening to a certain kind of music :^)
>>
>>67652485
What type of music do you listen to?
>>
>>67654347
I know that's exactly what I'm tying to say.

You don't even have to like the more "intelligent" music, but I guarantee you that listening to it and studying it will actually make you slightly smarter and want more complicated music.

I feel the same for vocabulary.
>>
>>67654410
>I'm telling you based on observation, ones you can make yourself.

There are proofs in the book that shows (brain scan) people getting less sensitive over time after listening to pop/rock music
>>
>>67654582
A lot of genres. I'd played violin since the age of 9 and in my teens I listened to metal mostly until I discovered this British guitar player. It virtually altered my brains over the years. He was the first red-pil.
>>
Im a PhD candidate, IQ > 140 and listen to rock/metal almost exclusively.

What now, beach?
>>
>>67654524
Kind of does reflect how susceptible and stupid your brain is that you're so conditioned to only listen to the guys in lab coats for your facts.

It's amazing how you tried to sound like a smart ass while ignoring the amazing human ability to learn by OBSERVING (you know, the same thing those scientists guys do). Something you probably never done in your life, no. You live your entire life being TOLD what is true but those who you've been TOLD are the only credible source.
And those sources have never been WRONG before right, they've never reformed, someone hasn't completely defied the laws of science and all peer reviewed science *COUGH* EM DRIVE *COUGH*.

Please leave the thread if you're not actually willing to give an argument. The OP already gave a book with some type of evidence you can choose to agree or disagree with and if you're not a fat ass living under a rock, try to counter argue with what you've learned about society and people.
Hopefully you're not a shut in who never actually interacts with others and sits on your over compressed chair dismissing claims simply by typing "SOURCE" or "CITATION NEEDED" and feeling like a smart ass. and instead, actually tries to exchange ideas and reach a conclusion.
>>
File: degeneracy sao paulo.jpg (459 KB, 1200x773) Image search: [Google]
degeneracy sao paulo.jpg
459 KB, 1200x773
What kind of music you think these people listen to?
Bach? Dvorak? Brahms?
>>
>>67655129

rock and metal are not the same, unless you listen to shit tier metal
>>
>>67655129
PhD in Gender Studies maybe....
>>
>>67655129
Same, lol. I won a couple school math olympics and my friend is the smartest person I've ever met, we both listen to metal. All the bydlo on the other hand loves the most mainstream russian/american rap here.
>>
File: 1454803161688.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1454803161688.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>>67655160
It's fascinating how you manage to bang out an entire wall of text without saying anything with any factual merit. "Muh feelings" and some shitty strawman arguments aren't facts, I'm sorry.
>>
>>67655224

Chords, harmonic structure, instruments, etc.
>>
>>67655129
It's pop rock/metal that gets you dumb.

Pretty much any music that is clearly formulated as a product to appeal to a mass amount of people. Usually it's forced and used in everything from commercials to movies, not letting the music itself do the work but the media tactics of getting people to like something.

Most rock is pretty pop, but a good amount of rock and metal are made by genuine musicians who are actually trying to make original music, the difference in creativity between that and the formulated music is very obvious and so are its effects.

I wouldn't have such strong feelings about the subject if I wasn't in a room with 5 musicians 24/7, who have other musicians/listeners of music come in. Whenever someone who would defend the mainstream pop shit comes in, the difference in his mental prowess, vocabulary and vernacular is astounding, in that they sound and act like fucking drooling idiots.

Don't get me started on TRAP music.
>>
Physics student here. Tested IQ in the range of 130-150 and I listen to many different types of music.

Stop trying to make yourself feel superior without actually achieving anything.
>>
>>67655346
>I've ever met, we both listen to metal.

Math expertise is not incompatible with being selvage.

However you are unable to understand Mozart or read a book in French
>>
As much as I don't like degeneracy, hard rock/metal/punk/whatever the fuck people call it, will always have a soft squishy warm spot in my heart.

I just wish bands would do this kind of shit again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1KyQ-1kDbk
>>
>>67655596
*savage
>>
>>67655596
What's "selvage"?
>>
>>67655362
No one is arguing like a fact, I'm stating my opinion based on my observation, while you're simply looking for some fact that is commonly accepted/or credited by some guy who you've been told is credible to listen to.
You've still made 0 argument, or even stated an opinion. You're just annoying and trying to sound like a smart ass, you contribute nothing. Plz leave or actually argue something other than credibility.
>>
>Asian gets told by parents to learn violin or piano and memorize music in a completely soulless way

>Writes a whole book to confirm his biases based on a complex about not getting why people like music beyond appreciation of technical skill
>>
>>67655362
"Muh feelings" is a strawman argument created by autists.

"Muh feelings" are the mechanism by which the complex analytical engines in our heads function, and more often than not they bring us accurate conclusions faster than some ivory tower research program.
>>
>>67655596
We're also best in physics, chemistry and foreign languages in our parallel, math is just an example. Just the fact I'm speaking in non-native language to you should say something.
>>
File: 1455335102706.png (292 KB, 561x552) Image search: [Google]
1455335102706.png
292 KB, 561x552
>>67655568
The best part is that there's two cucks ITT who claim to be so intelligent and superior to the rest who listen to those types of music...

Yet they can't post a single source or study to back up their assertions
>>
>>67652485

>rap

Check

>pop

Check

>rock

Woah there, hold on now.
>>
>>67655699
Fancy very expensive blue jeans.
>>
>>67655737
Wow.... what did he say that made you go berserk? Stop being so sensitive m8.
>>
>>67655736
>technical skill

When a rock/metal musician composes orchestral music as good as Mozart, tell me.
>>
Stop trying to give the state an excuse to regulate music.
>>
>>67652485
/thread
>>
>>67652968

choice bantz
>>
>>67655801
>Just the fact I'm speaking in non-native language to you should say something.

You won an olympics in mathematics

Well, there was a nigger in my country that placed 2nd in world math competition few years ago.
>>
>>67655733
So you admit you and your mongrel BR boyfriend are just spouting off conjecture and opinion.

>>67655737
Stop projecting, autist. There's no peer-reviewed studies that are worth less than your feelings. Your mommy coddled you a whole lot when you were a kiddo, huh?
>>
>>67655737
Easy there or you gonna pop a vein.
>>
>>67656027
>There's no peer-reviewed studies that are worth less than your feelings.

For your comfort, there are peer-reviewed reports that "prove" that there is no such thing as boy and girls and sex is a social construct.
>>
>>67655801
>I'm a star athlete and I eat nothing but junk-food, smoke cigarettes, and snort cocaine.
>clearly this means that a poor diet and the abuse of drugs are not detrimental to athletic performance
>>
>>67656004
So you are also racist? There is actually a strong correlation between low intelligence and racism, go figure.

That "nigger" is likely a lot smarter than you are.
>>
>>676559485
Platonists have been waiting two and a half thousand years for this day, don't take it away from them.
>>
>>67655821
No one claimed to be more intelligent or superior. Seems like you caught hard feelings there m8.

We're stating that listening to a certain type makes your brain dumber than it would normally be.

Meaning the smartest guy in the world, could still be the smartest guy in the world, but he'd only be half of that if he fills his brain with that filth.

>can't post a single source or study
BINGO, exactly what I've been saying this guy was gonna do the entire thread.

You will be ignored from this point on, as I will say for the last time, I've been arguing my own observation and opinion, and the OP already gave you a book.
Oh let me guess, its not in the list of credible scientists schools and government told you to shut up and listen to so you'll dismiss it.
You are the best evidence, if anything, of what we're saying in this thread. Proof is you m8.
>>
>>67652485
Correlation does not imply causation.

It's more likely that stupid people have a preference for stupid music.
>>
>>67656004
You're implying he's a fool? This is some reverse-rationalisation here, my friend. We hate niggers because we perceive them as stupid and animal-ish in general, doesn't mean there are no niggers smarter than you or me.
>>
>>67656027
>he needs peer reviewed studies to known that niggers and Jews are bad news!
>>
File: Faithful-630x420.jpg (58 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Faithful-630x420.jpg
58 KB, 630x420
>>67656027

See it your own eyes

Are these people on the picture smart or capable of reading Aristotle?
>>
English pdf would be nice.

This depends, as I see it. Style =/= genre. And it's foolish to throw one-syllable words around to describe either of them.

Genre is the 'type' of music. Was this piece of music created with the use of an orchestra with strings, winds and brass? Maybe a chamber ensemble with some subset of the aforementioned. Rock is a genre as it describes guitar-and-drums-driven music. Electronic is a genre; it specifies that the music was constructed by hardware and software in a controlled environment.

Pop is a stylistic word; 4/4 rhythms, simple rhyme schemes, diatonic harmony and traditional dance forms (ABABCA, ABACABA). But pop music has, historically, been produced using all different sorts of methods. Hip-hop is a stylistic word too; electronic music accompanied by spoken, chant-like choruses and verses containing features of def poetry. Rock has serious overlap between style and genre, as most guitar-and-drums-driven music feature popular dance forms, much like pop.

Basically, style is what you do. Genre is what you do it with. You can make something of meaning with anything. A vapid person is going to make vapid music, even if he meticulously scored it out and rehearsed it with people (see Mason Bates, Eric Whitacre, Hans Zimmer).
>>
>>67655906

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7VBbWuC_zM
>>
>>67656027
>>67656129
Yea it's beautiful right? How hes the same type of person who would probably argue that race isn't a social construct and that the scientists are lying jews! And yet, here he is, relying on those same scientists for validation.

I'm telling you, just ignore him, he's an idiot who has literally NOTHING to contribute and is butthurt we said his favorite music makes him dumb (which he proves).
>>
>>67652485
So, you are saying this is making me stupid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujYskYK04KY
>>
As a person who has dedicated 15 years of his life obsessing over punk/hardcore, I can state unequivically (sp?) that it made me a retard

Exhibit A: my life in music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqMRQrXlchU

At some point, pretending to be stupid turns into actually becoming stupid

just like /b/
>>
>>67656129
>there is no such thing as boy and girls and sex is a social construct

>>67656182
>>I c-can't post a source so I'm gonna ignore you

The two cucks quoted above are liberal cucks who need "muh feelings" and "muh social constructs" to try and counter facts and logic. How sad!

>>67656261
See >>67656233

That's a false equivalency and a non sequitur, btw.
>>
>>67655906
They haven't, but you shouldn't listen to what asians think about music when they're incapable of making any.
>>
>>67656182
Ok, but where is the proof? What kind of evidence do you have that something opposite doesn't happen and rap makes you smarter while listening to classical music is worse than huffing paint?
>>
>>67656337
Comparing Mozart to Pink Floyd

Oy vey. This world is worse than I expected.
>>
>>67656135
Just bringing my observations, calm down your
>implication
>arrows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>67655906
what qualifies as good to you?
If its difficulty then mozart isnt the best.
If its taste then its subjective. wich means there is no best
>>
>>67656339
There are many evil people when this kind of thread goes on

They are just hurt by the fact that rock and pop makes you a savage.
>>
>>67656339
>h-heh get a load of this guy
>h-here he is asking me for evidence to back up my argument
>doesn't he know that ALL SCIENTISTS ARE JEWS?!

You're so pathetic, it's honestly pitiable. You can't formulate a cogent logical argument to defend your position, so you start defaulting to strawman arguments and "m-muh JEWS, I bet you hate JEWS, huh?"

This is what happens when you value Feelings over Facts, everyone.
>>
>>67656387
He was educated in France you cuck.

And despite all the liberalism, there are good medical schools in France.
>>
>>67656389
His only proof is that "gender is a social construct" and "this dummy is asking me for proofs and I said I can't provide any so I win because he's a dummy for asking me to post a source"

Don't forget to ignore me because I'm audacious enough to ask for evidence :^)
>>
>>67656233
The brain requires exercise just like every other part of the body, and it will shape itself according to the demands placed on it.

Simple music places simple demands on your brain so it will form in simple ways.
>>
>>67656427

Shit's the anthem of /pol/ faggot. Get on board or get out.
>>
>>67656479
>wich means there is no best

Cultural Marxism Relativism

Not working with me mate. Try another one.
>>
>>67656579

Pink Floyd is not the anthem of pol

This is the anthem of pol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjr81A6Al9c
>>
>>67656623
>argues against relativism
>argues that "gender is a social construct; there's no such thing as male or female"

My bullshit radar is going off
>>
>>67656579
There are good intelligent people here

These days there was a Russian poster educated in classical music saying that rock, metal and pop is not music, is pure noise.
>>
>>67656687
This is the anthem of /pol/. Have you been living under a rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH5IOvDoPJo
>>
>>67656386
>People who exercise more are stronger than those who do not.
>Correlation does not imply causation though so clearly this doesn't mean that exercise promotes muscle growth it just means weak people don't like to exercise.
>>
>>67656702
I was using an example that there are peer rewieved medical journals arguing that sex is a social construct

I WAS NOT ADVOCATING IT you dumb.
>>
>>67656306
Fact that see reading philosopher that was wrong with almost everything he ever said and to whose writings were exposed most people who finished high-school as some kind of proof of sophistication says quite a lot about you.
>>
I am going to break it down for you:

If people listen to music I like: they're smart, clearly.

If people listen to music I dislike: they're stupid, clearly.

Replace music with movies, books, etc. and you get the idea.
>>
>>67656799
Except you can objectively measure and quantify muscle mass and strength, as well as hormone and endocrine levels.

Nice false equivalency though, this is getting amusing.
>>
>>67656843
>Fact that see reading philosopher that was wrong with almost everything

I'm not talking about Nietzsche or Marx
>>
>>67652485
So all of those classical composed RPG soundtracks we listened to as children probably made us smarter than generations that only had rock to entertain them. Thanks, Japs.
>>
>>67652485
What if I listen a lot of Soviet military music ?
>>
>>67656884
Are you claiming that we cannot objectively measure intelligence?
>>
>>67656940
The level of complexity of japanese game soundtracks is incredible

It's not Bach or Mozart, but it's far more advanced than what we hear on radio.
>>
>>67655825
Mainstream rock is pop m8.
Even metal.

But there is rock, metal, AND rap that is separate from pop and is actually original and intellectual, but they are by no means the mainstream.

Pop is a literal PRODUCT.
>>67656389
Well since you're not being a dick about it, ill state what I've been stating over and over again.

I'm not stating FACTS, I'm stating my own OBSERVATION, from years of musical knowledge and experience talking about it and dissecting it with other musicians and people who listen to music.
OP gave you a book and it's up to you to read it, agree or disagree with it. But if your only argument ever is "where is the proof? Where is the source? What scientist that I'm ok with supports this" Then we can NEVER have any discussion here what so ever, because some scientists would have to already have done a study on it, just for you to form an opinion (and from the sounds of it, you'll just blindly agree because all you need is a source to believe something is true. Every thread would be a yes or no thread, no discussion)

Why is it that none of you are counter arguing with your own observations and opinions? Are you really this reliant on people to tell you what is or isn't true? Jesus christ, form an opinion and argue it, stop being a fucking pussy, you have a brain, fucking use it.
I'm not afraid to have this idea challenged with another, i want to discuss it. I can't argue you asking for proof or a source to something PSYCHOLOGICAL especially when I've already mentioned a dozen time, OP has book, and I'm stating my OWN hypothesis here.

Now if you're not gonna give me an actual opinion where you used your fucking brain and analysis skills to come to a conclusion, then I'm not going to bother further replying because you people seem to lack reading comprehension.
>>
File: pep.png (291 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
pep.png
291 KB, 619x406
>>67652485
>Never met any rap/rock/pop fan that was smart

That's because you live in Brazil, kid. If you lived in an actual first world country (like me), you would've met some very smart rap/rock fans (like me).
>>
>>67657135
I lived 3 years in Amsterdam

After 2 weeks I found myself without any friends because no one in their 20s would not smoke pot and go to metal concerts.

3 years of solitude.
>>
File: 1454333809278.jpg (119 KB, 906x667) Image search: [Google]
1454333809278.jpg
119 KB, 906x667
>>67656440
Silly бyльбaш, those are called meme arrows.
>>
>>67657232
>After 2 weeks I found myself without any friends
That's because you are autistic
>>
I met a girl once that didn't like rock/pop etc, she liked only Folk music

But she was bipolar and she had maniac attacks very easily

Couldn't handle.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 600x400
>>67657135

>Philippines
>first world
>>
>>67657056
RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>67656623
so what is good then?
>>
>>67656876
Not necessarily at least that is not what we're saying in this thread.
I love rap, extreme metal, some classical and a bunch of other off genres. Thing is, i hate POP, and there is pop rap, pop rock, pop metal.
The ones I believe will make you dumb, are strictly those with pop influence. The ones that as some anon said, are created by 4 jews who know what sells and how to sell it, the formulated generic shit which is almost ALWAYS in 4/4 and uses primarily major chords (the happy chords, for people would not understand).

I believe the black community would be a million times better if it wasn't for shit like BET and mainstream hiphop.
>>
>>67656929
Funny how you are only mentioning authors that someone with even most basic education would know. I begin to suspect that you might be a teen experiencing his rebellious phase. Fact that your worldview is based on one book is a strong proof of that as well.
>>
>>67657232
Because you're socially inept and a low functioning speg.

.t Geboren en getoogde Amsterdammer
>>
File: 1378422270192.png (343 KB, 614x572) Image search: [Google]
1378422270192.png
343 KB, 614x572
>>67652485
that's just stupid
>>
>>67657232
nevermind.
if you cant find people in amsterdam who don't smoke weed you're really are autistic.
you dont even have to look far lmao.
most people who smoke in amstersam are tourists, none of my friends in amsterdam even smoke cigarettes
>>
>>67657032
Does intelligence lie in thought process, or resultant behavior?

>>67656427
Mozart's genius is oft misunderstood. His brilliance lies not in structural complexity, but actually the contrary. Have a look at his scores. Lots and lots of simple meter. Tons of what one might call 'copy-and-paste'.

He was able to produce large-scale works at such a prolific rate because he was VERY good at utilizing all of the permutations of a particular musical idea within in the constraints of diatonic harmony.

Fact is, I had many professors try to assert to me and the class that Mozart's music features some sort of structural integrity that other music lacks. This is cult of personality and an irresponsible thing to say. It's all in how cleverly he used quite tried-and-true structures.

I said my piece just before, but you mongoloids are still arguing buzzwords like 'rock' and 'hip-hop'. But then again, this is /pol/. Statesmen were never nuanced artists, as far as I know. You guys really lack the literacy in music to say anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9LkAjg0sAc
>>
>>67657526
There is a study comparing Bach and Pink Floyd and show how animalistic Pink Floyd is

''Author: Bertrand Labouche
Bach et Pink Floyd – Petite étude comparative de la musique classique et de la musique rock''

Unfortunately only portuguese and french versions
>>
>>67657712
Well, that was 12 years ago and that was what I saw in front of my eyes
>>
>>67658008
I asked what good music makes it good.
not how pink floyd is animalistic compared to bach.
>>
>>67658549
I'm not sure what you mean by make it good
Pink Floyd and rock music makes you dumb, aggressive and agitate, just like pop and rap

If you learn what is bad and why is it bad you can learn what is good and why is it good.
>>
>>67658164
Great. You have some obscure book and a little bit of anecdotal evidence. How about you stop wasting everyone's time?
>>
>>67658685
Okay. Let's rephrase the question. What is it in music that makes you smart?
>>
>>67658734
Wasn't you that said that Aristotle was wrong about everything?
>>
>>67652485

What kind of rock? Because Metal is statistically the highest IQ followed music. Even more than classical or religion tunes.

This has been the case for EVERY study since the 80s and has always came up with the same results.

Trance/Garage/Dance/House or whatever always scores lowest.
Modern Rap and Dubstep scores second.
Modern Hip Hop and pop music is third.
Old Hip Hop and Pop music is 4th.
Classical and Religion based music thats not of the above is 5th.
All forms of non-speed metal are 6th.

Speed metal is exclusively for retards.

This goes from lowest IQ to the highest. Though some music can obviously transcend genre tropes and reach out to more intelligent people and be hated by the lower castes who will claim that because X song is loved by smart people that they too must be idiots/the genre it comes from is actually for smarts as well.
>>
>>67655825

Rock is shit bro. Rock should be called Pop Metal. It's the lowest form of Metal and the reason people struck out to try and create more genres.
>>
>>67658834
>Metal

What metal?
Death Metal?
Black Metal?
Heavy Metal?

Those kinds have the most repetitive structures of any other kind of rock, compared to punk.
>>
>>67657854
Does strength lie in muscle fiber or amount of work done?
>>
>>67659046
Do memes lie in our hearts or in our posts?
>>
>>67659151
If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it does the Pope shit in the woods?
>>
File: 223334816.jpg (41 KB, 403x344) Image search: [Google]
223334816.jpg
41 KB, 403x344
>>67659151
LOL
>>
>>67656982
It's excessively mobilizing and energetic, I think you have problems with thyroid.
>>
>>67652485
>there are people out there who are so butthurt about something that they publish books about their butthurtness
wew
>>
>>67658685
you arent really 100% in the head are you?
Every heard of petitio principii? You should have because you follow Aristotle.
It's exactly what you are doing right now
>>
I don't really care what people like.
Truly stupid people are those who can't believe that people genuinely enjoy music that they don't like.
>>
>>67659037
Does that sound repetitive to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjOvmAJ6na0
>>
>>67659545
>petitio principii

You don't even know what is this

I claimed you can understand what is bad and why is bad and by knowing it you can figure out by yourself what makes it good

And Aristotle was right to say you can understand the other side by analyzing negative propositions.
>>
>>67659752
The 15 seconds intro melody drives the entire music
>>
>>67654848
Mclaughlin?
>>
>>67660104
Probably Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton.
>>
>>67660104
Close. He's a good friend of his. Mclaughlin's keyboard player, is tightly linked with him as a drummer.
>>
>>67659397
>I think you have problems with thyroid.
How is it related ? I don't live near Tchernobyl
>>
>>67659807
>I claimed you can understand what is bad and why is bad and by knowing it you can figure out by yourself what makes it good
this is exactly what I just said.
so you understand whats bad --> so you understand whats good --> so you understand whats bad -->...
what exactly is bad?
>>
File: OccupyPhilly4.png (703 KB, 475x637) Image search: [Google]
OccupyPhilly4.png
703 KB, 475x637
>>67660289
You
>>
>>67652485
where does he stand on harsh noise music?
>>
>>67660480
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>67660480
>implying I listen to it because I'm a communist
>>
>>67655174
lmao
is that sao paulo?
>>
>>67656316
>he doesn't speak another language
Stay ignorant, American
>>
File: 00r5d3t0.jpg (51 KB, 405x654) Image search: [Google]
00r5d3t0.jpg
51 KB, 405x654
>>67660320
>what exactly is bad?

This is what socialism looks like
>>
>>67652485
nazis listened to classical music
>>
>>67660682
alright you're definitely a loony.
mayeb look at the picture in the top of this board.
You say you follow aristotle but you obvs dont
>>
>>67660682

How is that an argument?
You're the dumbest person in this thread.
>>
>>67660289
People with thyroid problems are usually very low-energy and sluggish, they subconciously love mobilizing music.
>>
>>67660682
>>
>>67661011
You and the Netherfag are not asking questions

When situations like this happens, logic and arguments don't matter.
>>
>>67661152
I asked you a question.
>>
>>67661031
Maybe. But it's mostly because I'm a NEET and Soviet music goes well with video games
>>
Cum hoc ergo propter hoc
>>
>>67657854

I want to become smarter. Would you share some intelligent music with me?
>>
>>67661393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH5IOvDoPJo
>>
>>67661393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwFNH3w3FJE
>>
>>67661456

I'm not joking, i really want to become smarter.
>>
>>67661309
Yeah, I was spot on. Make a general blood test, ask if thyroid is fine. Sitting on a chair with zero physical activity often causes this shit.
>>
File: MartyFriedman.jpg (32 KB, 548x542) Image search: [Google]
MartyFriedman.jpg
32 KB, 548x542
>>67655906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM17rAWKbIM

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lalJy6ZAU
>>
>>67661929
is this going to make me smarter?
>>
>>67661929
Personally I liked Jason better
>>
>>67655129
> iamverysmart
>>
File: 1440881867743.png (204 KB, 509x380) Image search: [Google]
1440881867743.png
204 KB, 509x380
>>67657032
Of course we cannot. It's hard enough to define intelligence let alone quantify it.

Though I think of intelligence as a mixture of good memory, speed of learning and the creativity to come up with new ideas based on existing knowledge.
>>
>>67652485
I don't think all rap or rock music is dumb. Most rap music is just a fucking hedonistic chimp out session but some rappers like Kendrick Lamar actually try to do something meaningful with well crafted concept albums about the struggles of young men growing up in the ghetto. Just listen to his song "Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst."
>>
What's the authors take on jam bands, country, blues and jazz?

These might be "pop" music in the traditional sense, but "pop" as a genre is really hard to define.

Is he saying anything other than classical makes you stupider?
>>
Well, pop music (as in non-art/"classical" music) tends be quite simple, even in the more experimental and progressive genres and often the fans and musicians alike have little interest in analyzing what they hear or play. It's not a very intellectual attitude in the classic sense. Classical music is more interesting and varied when it comes to harmonics, melody and such things which are at the core of the music, in pop the variety often comes from timbre and the style of playing. There's less nuances in pop. It's probably why pop music reviews rarely go to a structural level and are often about the social/political events happening around the music, the lyrics and how well the music fits a certain genre. idk if pop makes people dumber, I know some very smart people who listen to very stupid music, but it indeed is rather simple structurally. This isn't really up to debate and lots of pop music elitists and enthusiasts can't really even analyze what they're hearing. I'm terribly bad at it myself too, though.

Then again, intellectualism isn't really the point of pop and no one would probably even try to claim so if nerdy musicians and music fans didn't need to feel better about themselves through their hobby.
>>
>>67662227
Nope, but it's quite complex music music by a metal guitarist.
>>
>>67662684
All rap music is dumb. We know this by now.

Pop, and electro can be especially complex. An argument I can think of against electro is that it is too sample based.

A lot of his stance has to pertain to the substance or lack of substance in jazz music.
>>
File: 1458104163770.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1458104163770.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
>>67652485
>current year
>still generalizing
>can't imagine someone smart doing something stupid for the sake of pleasure
>can't imagine someone smart voring Trump out of boredom
>>
>>67662684
No. There is some good rap, it's few and far between though.

But like any other music, the music is about the music, not the lyrics. What makes a good rap song is the MUSIC and the rhyme scheme of the rapper. Nearly all new rap completely fails on one or both of these.
>>
>>67662684
No. There is some good rap, it's few and far between though.

But like any other music, the music is about the music, not the lyrics. What makes a good rap song is the MUSIC and the rhyme scheme of the rapper. The rhyme and voice is supposed to act as an instrument, it doesn't matter what the message is.
>>
>>67662963
I think a good definitionfor pop music is that:
A: Follows a simple and predictable structure e.g Intro Verse Chorus Solo Outro
B:Major Key and resolves each Verse with a predictable transition into the Chorus

C:Does not contain offensive language or ideas. Acceptable to the maximum number of people.

There are some extra variables, but this format applies to any subgenre of music such as country or rock. The important thing is that rhe melodies are predictable so that you expect or anticipate each chord change so that you get a positive and satisfied feeling when it comes
>>
To be racist
What would a man named dr minh dung louis nghrem know about music anyway?
Honest to fuck
>>
>>67655906
Lol
>If I don't like your genre, then it's shit.
Nice argument, hue hue nigger.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 479x492
>>67654410
>classical music

We've been over this, anybody who appeals to "classical" as a gold standard knows nothing about music. You didn't say baroque, romantic, or comtemporary. You just said classical, becuase you're a fedora tipper.
>>
>>67663181
Good metal is the only other form of music that is like this. Constant timing changes, varying rhythms and melodies/harmonies, all in the same song. When you first start listening to the genre you really have to get your head around it.

This is why a lot of people really hate it. I think it literally just sounds like noise to them.
>>
>>67657135
Brazil BTFO
>>
>>67652485
>http://www.amazon.fr/Musique-personnalit%C3%A9-difficult%C3%A9s-scolaires-Nghiem/dp/2916727981
OP, why do you even read those kind of shit written by those noisy wannabe elitist French frogs?
>>
>>67664234
Or maybe all forms of classical are superior to today's bullshit? Ever think of that?

In my opinion if I can hear a song for the first time for 10-20 seconds and hum along for the rest of the time, simply because the chord progressions and structure is so predictable, the song is shit. And I can do that for 90% of popular songs that my cuck friends play on the radio.
>>
>>67657232
Autistic
>>
>>67658754
And the Brazilian just avoid the answer. He's just a shitposter
>>
>>67664323
>Metal trio, 150bpm, NOISE!! UNISTENABLE!
>Loves manufacuted 'pop' with multiple layers of synth, backing vocals, a brass section, piano, guitars, drums
Average normie
>>
>>67664323
Lots of metal is actually very simple harmonically, even the weirder sounding black metal often just hides it behind noisy production. When it comes to dynamics there's often little variety, everything is just loud. The average funk song is probably rhythmically more interesting than your average metal song. Metal's not really as complex as lots of metal fans think, and this is coming from a guy who occasionally plays metal. And yeah, I know about Deathspell Omega and such and like them. The most difficult-to-listen-to metal songs are actually often very simple when you start to analyze them.

I like metal too but let's not pretend that it's something that it's not.
>>
File: 0SNi0Vg.jpg (30 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
0SNi0Vg.jpg
30 KB, 640x640
a e s t h e t i c
>>
>>67665025
I said good metal my friend, not black metal trash. Also the majority of metal bands are shit just like any other majority of musicians from any genre

Heavy, thrash, death, and some of the newer "core" bands are very complex and sounds awesome if you have the ear to hear. Just have to find the right bands
>>
>>67654410
>You can't even bop your head to pop music anymore because you see the entirety of the song for what it's for right away and are disgusted, knowing full well that things a million times better exists.
That's bullshit spouted by pseudo-intellectuals. There is good pop music, and there is bad pop music, just as there is good romantic music, and bad romantic music. The only reason we see so much great classical/baroque/romantic music is because the crap has been filtered out through time.
Complexity=/=greatness
Difficulty of digestion=/=greatness
If those were true, then the greatest form of music that every musician should aspire to create would symphonies of integral serialism.
>>
>>67655821
>Yet they can't post a single source or study to back up their assertions
>you need a study to show that you're counter-evidence to a claim
Promptly kill yourself
>>
>>67655129
You could be the excep- oh... I forgot the check the flag. Never mind guys. baka
>>
>>67665615
I wouldn't say those subgenres are really much more complex than black metal, all of them rely heavily on power chords and especially in death metal the rhythm can be pretty monotonous. The riffs themselves are very repetitive from the point of view of art music - they just repeat the same thing over and over again with little variety. Still, I like metal, there's good bands, but I wouldn't say that it comes close to the greats of art music in terms of complexity or artistic nuances.
>>
>>67652485
you are right

Let's all just listen to traditional europe music
>>
File: AnneFrank.jpg (65 KB, 353x340) Image search: [Google]
AnneFrank.jpg
65 KB, 353x340
I'll just leave this here...
>>
>>67653783
Or maybe that your everyday person has a completely average IQ and the patterns found in classical music are way to complex for ordinary people? The music does not make people stupid, they ares stupid which is why their minds like the simple patterns to begin with.
>>
>>67668785
Anne Frank Zappa?
>>
>>67652485

do you think that this is your conflict between your introversion and seeing successful extroverts, beta vs. alpha?
>you identify as the soft jazz gentlemen who is jealous of the big strong goths at piano class.
>>
>>67668785
Beefheart>>>>zappa
>>
>>67652485
>Pop
Jajajjjjjjjja
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.