[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would anyone choose to go to community college or the trades?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: 1457902697604.png (20 KB, 848x564) Image search: [Google]
1457902697604.png
20 KB, 848x564
Why would anyone choose to go to community college or the trades?
>>
>>67644659
Skilled tradesmen are in high demand in the US. Learning a trade is literally a better investment than all non-STEM master's degrees.
>>
>>67644659
Because it's cheap and you can do 2 years at a CC and then transfer to a 4 year university
>>
Wouldn't know. I'm studying to be an aviation engineer.
>>
>>67644989
Yea, but there is the shame of working in trades
>>
>>67645124
Is there?
>>
>>67644659
t. STEM memer about to be replaced by Pajeet
>>
>>67645124
There literally isn't

It's a job, it pays well, but at the cost of doing a lot of manual backbreaking work
>>
>>67645124
more shameful would be to end up a jobless, worthless NEET parasite on welfare
>>
Yes and no.

It's definitely full of 45 year old jerk-offs trying to reinvent themselves.

They answer questions in class like: "As a black woman..."

Or "As a mother..."

On the other hand, many 18-20 year olds are probably just trying to legitimately continue on an educational or career path.
>>
>>67645124

You are referring to the stigma of being "lower class" instead of a yuppie, right?
>>
>>67645124
>Yea, but there is the shame of working in trades

Please explain what you mean. An auto mechanic, electrician or HVAC tech has to be educated and skilled, and has no reason to be shamed by anyone.
>>
File: 1401462221125.jpg (39 KB, 843x843) Image search: [Google]
1401462221125.jpg
39 KB, 843x843
>>67644659
>paying 40,000 for stupid Gen. Ed. classes
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>67644659
Well I made just under 140k last year. Even taking in our low dollar, that still puts me in the top 5% of wage earners. How much did you make with your degree in wymins studies faggot?
>>
>>67645316
This is an information society, manual labor is done by mexicans
>>
>>67644659
Because the 4-year-degree bubble is bursting, and a 20-year-old certified carpenter will make much more than an unemployed Transgender Studies/Islamic Studies double major
>>
>>67644659
Nice try degree merchant but you save shekels by going to community college and transferring over.
>>
>>67645124
I'm from middle-of-the-road middle class, never experienced this shame....
You go and bust your ass and if you're competent after 15 years you move into management.
>>
File: 348s (5).jpg (27 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s (5).jpg
27 KB, 348x348
>>67644659

Same basic education with lower tuition, trades are ways needed. Can't learn carpentry or plumbing at an arts school.

I went to culinary school, got a BPS, transferred to medical school to finish Nutrition education, full ride scholarship as I was the only male in my entire class studying this field. State "needed" more males im nutrition field so subsidized my education funding. I am not a PhD, only have MPS. State certified, work at ultra liberal university as director of Nutritional services.

>mfw uni is well known to be the most liberal in all of the USA
>mfw Trump hat every day from faculty lot to office
>mfw all the students filing actual complaints based on a hat
>mfw administration told students to grow a proverbial sack bc it's just a hat
>mfw uni needed diversity so badly they outcucked the sjw cucks comprising their student body
>>
Community college is practically free is you get a scholarship. Pay nothing, get your AS. Join a company that pays for school, go back get your BS at night. There, now you have a job and a BS and you paid maybe 20% of what others paid.
>>
>why would anyone in a culture where a high school degree is useless but who cannot afford private college choose community college

iunno
>>
>>67645064
2nd post best post. Save thousands and still end up with the same degree as someone who when to a 4-year uni and will be paying off their student loans for the next decade
>>
>>67644659
im in CC for the third year after getting an AS, im saving thousands
>>
>>67645124

Oh look how shameful of me to make lot's of money and live a good life.

While all the people with dignity and pride have minimum wage jobs, if even that and live their whole life in debt and poverty.

How much do you have to practice to be this retarded?
>>
>>67646290
this proves that its the students (read:kids) who are causing problems, not the administration.
>>
>>67644659
So I can transfer credit and earn my degree without being bankrupt.
>>
>>67646827

They threaten administration with lawyer mommy/daddy bullshit demanding safe spaces and segregated blah blah blah. Administration basically told them to cram it, it's a place of learning not oppression considering the university's past reputation and entire purpose. Not too many blacks here, a lot of East Asians and Israeli students for some reason. I've seen students ironically wearing MAGA gear to piss off their peers.
>>
>>67644659
I got an AS degree for free bc of a baseball scholarship, so u can suck my balls, fuck boy... They paid for my books, tuition, books, dorms, and meal ticket...

U would have to suck some major, Liberal dick to get all that for "FREE!"
>>
>>67647207
I'm guessing u meant supplies**

Not books, books, fucktard.
>>
>>67645124

Fuck you, God I hate snobby cunts like you, thinking they're hot shit and above everyone else because they don't work in trade, you shouldn't be looking down at tradesmen, theyre the ones who do the jobs that keep our society intact. It's an honest job that feeds mouths. I'd respect a hardworking tradesmen who takes cares if and protects his family over faggots like you anyday.
>>
>>67647207

You paid for your education by generating revenue through sports spectatorship. You think them providing the basics was a luxury!? BAHAHAHAHAHA. "Student athletes" don't get compensation for their services, you're working for a slaves wage basically if you really think about it.
>>
>>67647520
still you'd respect him less than you respect muhammad
>>
>not living in a nice white suburb
>not having a nice white community college

I would rather go to our CC for my first two years than go to the closest university which literally is full of niggers and SJW trash.
>>
>>67647526
I still made straight A's and pulled more pussy than the WNBA...

Unless u live in a city that is extremely tribal, then community college is the way to go.

Save the $, and make the good grades. Just be damn sure u r taking classes that will transfer to a 4 year school.
>>
>>67644659

What even is a "community college" and what is the opposite of "community college" or what is the difference between "community college" and .... a university(?) in the US?
>>
>>67647748
I went to a community college my first two years. Was great.
>dirt cheap
>i get all my shitty liberal ed classes done for the cost of nothing
>i find out calc1, calc2, physics1, physics2, and a bunch of other required prereqs transfer as well so I can take those too

Not sure why others don't do this. When you transfer and graduate from a four year university it's not like there's some "I CAME FROM A COMMUNITY COLLEGE FIRST" sticker applied to your degree. Saves you money, and it isn't like you need some world renowned professor teaching you soc101. Or if you are really autistic, just only take core classes at your university, and in the summers register at a community college to take liberal education classes.
>>
>>67648627
>>67648587
>>i get all my shitty liberal ed classes

That's another thing I don't get.
Assuming you want to become a, say, engineer in the US - do you still have to take some sort of "liberal ed" classes first or what?
>>
>>67647520
A thousand times this

Fuck you OP, you faggot cunt
>>
>>67645124
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67644659
Well I would recommend going to a CC to get the core classes out of the way for cheap and then transferring to a university for my major.
>>
Went to CC for a year, got a job in the HVAC trade.

Just moved into my own place and im buying a new car next week.
>>
>>67645339
This fuck NEETs
>>
>>67645722
Not after next year
>>
>mommy and daddy paid for me to get an overpriced education where all I'll do is drink until I asphyxiate.

OP is a bigger fag than Liberace.
>>
>>67648781
Yes it is part of the gen ed requierments for your AA degree. In florida they are called Golden Rule courses. Some are avoidable but even psychology has devolved into an lbgtbbqdragon class
>>
>>67648587
Community college is a college where you can basically walk in and enroll. You have to take a placement test to decide what level you are at in various subjects of course, but they won't refuse you enrollment unless you don't have basic high school education. Community colleges generally only have two year degree programs as well.

Universities, on the other hand, are selective. You have to have a certain GPA, and have taken rigorous courses in high school to be admitted. Some are more picky than others, but you basically have to show you are academically talented to some extent to get in one. Universities offer every degree program generally, so two year degrees through doctoral degrees.

The word "college" and "university" are actually used interchangeably over here. If someone doesn't specify "community college" they could actually be talking about a university.

>>67648781
Yes. You have to take these general education courses. Usually, they give you a set of five subject areas or some bullshit, like "Critical thinking" or "Environmental Impact and You" and list a bunch of courses under each subject. You then have to take so many courses from each subject area. Usually, the freedom in the courses you can choose to fulfill these requirements results in people taking shit like "Rock and Roll History" and "The Study of Anime" which is a complete waste of your time and money obviously, but muh liberals.
>>
>>67644659
Because unlike 4 year faggots I have a job that provides them with the dildos they shove in their ass everyday they get home from a job that use to only require a high school diploma.
>>
>Why would anyone choose to go to community college

Because General Education classes shouldn't account for $20000 of your tuition.

And people are too dumb to take advantage of cheaper course with the same quality and instead want to take their Basic English Geometry classes at castle/resort-like Universities that could 100x more and then complain about high tuition fees to the gubbmint when they leave with 60k debt
>>
>>67647520
Wow what non-cuck thing to say
>>
>>67645124
You're an idiot. Tradespeople help make the current keep running and have skills that other people wish they had. That's why they get paid so well.
>>
>>67649303
>>67649295

Ah, okay. Thanks
>>
>>67645124
>electrician
>own company
>make bank
>ashamed

Nope, keep getting your pointless degree asshat
>>
>>67644659

>education is dumb, and if you dont get offended by this racist shit nothing will

come on amerilards you can make something better.

> Envy

imagine, even a nigger is getting educated and you dont.
>>
>>67650736
lol dumb paco, you didn't get OP's point
>>
File: 1457752904411.png (1 MB, 894x1474) Image search: [Google]
1457752904411.png
1 MB, 894x1474
>>67644659
I used to think that.

I'm about to graduate with a BS in CS and Math. Higher education/indoctrination is a god damn joke. You can learn this shit for free on the internet now. Outside of the friends I made, I completely regret doing this shit. I've been encouraging all ~18 year old kids I know to just go to a 2 year school or learn a trade. It almost sounds cliche at this moment but its true. Every person I know who got a 4 year degree is still working at some shit wage job that doesn't require a degree. Or they are working some white collar job with a meh salary and they fucking hate their life. Or they go to graduate school to delay the reality of life and rack up more debt.

All of them complain about the same thing: their work is meaningless and they are on suicide watch.

Don't listen to the Jews, 4 year schools are a thing of the past. Only libcucks want you to attend them because they have that bluepill indoctrination down to a fucking science. Then retards get out with shit degrees and 100k in debt and the JEWS convince them to get a masters. Why do you think Sanders is so popular?

In 20 years, you will need a PhD to work at McDonalds.

JUST
>>
>>67645124
even if you are the best at your trade and you have work nonstop?

The diference betwen a trade and a stable wage is that the trade has no limits on your income, you can work like crazy everyday, and they will win more money than you do, just by the simple fact that you are a faggot who has a little office and will work as a drone your whole life.

in a trade you can save enought money to teach others how to work, and then just be the boss.

Drones cant be their bosses, you will only work your time every day for the rest of your boring life.
>>
>>67644659
I went to community college and then transferred to a state university and it saved me a lot of Money.
>>
>>67650873
"paco" nice cliche amigo, but you are not very clever.

>picture related
>>
>>67651131
Where's your pic tho?

You're dumb because OP is referring to cheap tertiary education institutions and not the idea of being educated
>>
File: 1457850511678.jpg (250 KB, 1076x1264) Image search: [Google]
1457850511678.jpg
250 KB, 1076x1264
>>67645124
You are such a fucking faggot.

You are those faggots i work with at M$ that think its so awesome and le im superior and smart xD! cause i work for a multi billon dollar corporation xD.

I bet you are also the faggot that judges people for going to eat out alone.

Faggot.
You are so low test i bet you could not get either of these girls pregnant in one whole day.
>>
>>67651299
what isthe meaning of "pic related" amerilard? when the OC apears it means the picture of the original poster is related to the picture.

how many time do you have coming to pol? and what are youi even doing here is you are asking stupid and autist shit to ppl?
>>
>>67644659
save money and avoid degeneracy
>>
>>67644659
there's a large number of reasons, anon!
1. not everyone wants or needs a BA/BS to get a job.
2. nothing wrong with trades. people make money.
3. there's no difference of class when it comes to university or cc...more white trash goes through university and pays for it with loans. i've been to CC and university, and there was no difference in the education or people. i'd even say i met more scum in uni
4. going to CC is good for transfer (since it's cheaper to complete freshman/soph credits)
5. CC does more than hand out degrees. they also provide training and classes for businesses, they offer certifications, and testing for medical occupations.

i'd say CC is a good thing, anon. nobody walks out of CC with $100,000 worth of debt.
>>
>>67651985
This tbqh, and I don't think that community college is a liberal indoctrination machine. Granted, I may be wrong, I didn't go to a community college.
>>
>>67644659
Why not? It's practically free.
>>
>>67644659
I went to Kalamazoo Valley Community College from 1995-1997 for these reasons:

1. Individual attention
2. Actual professors teaching class at that level
3. Closer community of students
4. Smaller
5. Cheaper

I really enjoyed it, and I encourage anyone who wants to start their university career off on the right foot to try one.

>especially if you don't know what you want to do.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.