[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE ETERNAL BASQUE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 17-de-noviembre-de-20081[1].jpg (61 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
17-de-noviembre-de-20081[1].jpg
61 KB, 600x846
What should be done about the Euskara menace in northerneastern Spain/southwestern France? With their ancient, isolated language, are "los Vascos" communicating with undead entities from prehistoric Europe? If so, what are they saying?
>>
Looks like a gypsy.
>>
>>67641325
How different is it from Spanish?
>>
They need to go back.
>>
Just round them up and ship them to America and we'll put them in Wyoming.
>>
>>67641632
Insanely different. They have never been conquered, neither by romans, by the british, by the moors... Since pre-history. They are the russians of spain, that's their stereotype. Their dna is mostly pre-indoeuropean. Their language is not related to any other known language in the world which is pretty weird, oh, they colonised ireland waybackwhen and celts are basques basically, they even went to the americas by boat god knows how. Look it up, bretti weird.
I'm an American living in barcelona btw
>>
>>67641632
Completely.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_grammar
>>
>>67641632
Well, here's the Lord's Prayer in Spanish:

>Padre nuestro,
>que estás en los cielos,
>santificado sea tu Nombre;
>venga a nosotros tu Reino;
>hágase tu Voluntad así en la tierra como en el cielo.
>Nuestro pan cotidiano dánosle hoy;
>y perdónanos nuestras deudas,
>así como nosotros hemos perdonado a nuestros deudores;
>no nos dejes caer en tentación,
>mas líbranos del mal.
>AMEN
And in Basque:

>Gure Aita, zeruetan zarena,
>santu izan bedi zure izena,
>etor bedi zure erreinua,
>egin bedi zure nahia,
>zeruan bezala lurrean ere.
>Emaiguzu gaur egun honetako ogia,
>barkatu gure zorrak,
>guk ere gure zordunei barkatzen diegunez gero;
>eta ez gu tentaldira eraman,
>baina atera gaitzazu gaitzetik.
>ARREN
>>
>>67641632
Completely different. Like Cornish/Korean different.

>>67641897
>celts are basques basically
All Brits are.
>>
>>67642062
That's a pretty weird migration pattern though. What might've been the reason?
>>
fascinating thread.
>>
>>67641897
At some point they will have to decide if Navarra is basque or they have never been conquered because both don't add up.
>>
>>67642615
Navarra isn't basque.
>>
>>67642767
I'd say so, but then you hear the opposite by some basques.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 600x505
>>67641325
Another question guys
What's the difference between Spanish and Castilian or whatever (idk how it's spelled)
>>
wtf I came here for the lobster soup
>>
>>67642915
Castillian is the language of the Kingdom of Castile, but was chosen as the official language for the unified Spain, and so is known as spanish. The other spanish langues are co-official.
>>
>>67641897

Celts are not and have never been Basques. Celtic culture came during the Iron Age, much much much later than the Basques.

You are right that there are Genetic similarity with Irish, but that is from pre-celtic times.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.