[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if we -Cut all taxes by a relatively large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1311
What would happen if we

-Cut all taxes by a relatively large margin
-Cut welfare spending by a huge margin
-Abolished the minimum wage and abolish all subsidies
-Cut state spending on many things such as healthcare, education etc.
-State gives money to people who start their own company to get them started

and make the economy controlled by the people and not the state?
>>
god damn that's an awesome picture.
>>
>>67634239
>-Cut state spending on many things such as healthcare, education etc.
And this is where you are going to lose everyone
>>
>>67634239
Play Bioshock and find out.
>>
>>67634239
Sounds like the USA
>>
>>67634443
Why? Private healthcare and schools exist, they would get cheaper as tax is lowered anf minimum wage is abolished.
>>
>>67634239
This won't work democratically, because what welfare receipient/sympathizer will chose a candidate that will abolish welfare? Also, the government already subsidizes entrepreneurial endeavors in certain industries, but I'd agree with you in that the government needs to do more. Abolishing the personal income tax could be the single most liberating idea modern history possesses, yet it never gets talked about.
>>
>>67634239
I also fear the minimum wage abolishment will create another gilded age, because unless workers have negotiation power (unions) large corporations can charge incrementally less wages until they're paying next to nothing.
>>
>>67634987
the corporations would adapt
they wouldnt lower the wages for people that are valuable to them, if they did that the workers would leave for other companies
>>
>>67634239
>-Cut all taxes by a relatively large margin
>-Cut welfare spending by a huge margin
Economic recession, feudal era inequality
>-Abolished the minimum wage and abolish all subsidies
Slums
>-Cut state spending on many things such as healthcare, education etc.
Third world tier country
>-State gives money to people who start their own company to get them started
That already happens
>>
>>67635148
>what are private schools and health care

yes the economy would be damaged short term but after the people and the economy adapts it would be better than ever before
>>
>>67634239
You had me up to the
>-State gives money to people who start their own company to get them started
>>
>>67635148
>Economic recession, feudal era inequality
Wrong.
>>
>>67635251
this would create jobs and boost the economy, im not talking about giving them huge amounts, just a little to get them standing.
>>
>>67634239
>State gives money to people who start their own company to get them started

i disagree only with this
let them they get their own Money, lazy scum
>>
>>67635316
it makes people dependant on the government
government should use the Money to buy guns and whips to make the subhuman working class trash work harder
>>
>>67634239
Huge increase in capital investment, income, employment and GDP. Problem is that it would be nearly impossible to bring it to an election.
>>
>>67635493
solution:
abolish democracy
>>
>>67634987
The only way for a company to establish a monopoly is with the help of the government resources. If everybody is in the same condition (of the free market), there will ALWAYS be competition. Also, worker unions do more harm than good.
>>
>>67635109
I agree somewhat, but companies that don't need to worry about losing valuable employees, like Goldman Sachs, don't have to worry about paying decent wage rates.

>>67635555
Worker unions are what would make this neoliberal economic model possible and not just a repeat of the Gilded Age. Who said anything about monopolies? The point of OP's model is that monopolies DO NOT occur, as that means wages decrease, prices increase and competition does not occur.
>>
File: 1454240276668.jpg (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1454240276668.jpg
38 KB, 512x512
>>67634239
>Cut all taxes by a relatively large margin
Now everyone can import their goods into your country, so your domestic companies have to compete with each other and with the foreign companies.

>Cut welfare spending by a huge margin
This I can agree with.

>Abolished the minimum wage and abolish all subsidies
It could help your companies compete with the foreign ones, but what about the people in your country? They're the ones getting fucked.

>Cut state spending on many things such as healthcare, education etc.
Again, people are now paid less AND have to pay for these things that used to be free.

>State gives money to people who start their own company to get them started
New business have 90% chance to fail. Plus, you created a hostile environment with all the foreign companies, so the entering barrier is high as shit.

I wouldn't vote for you.
>>
>>67635289
it's literally what happened here after 2010. Spending cuts led to a double dip recession in 2012 and inequality has soared. Free market autists can screech about the private sector all day long but it's not backed up by reality.
>>
>>67635555

do you not remember the 90s, right after the soviet union collapsed? when we had true unregulated capitalism, a true free market because there was almost no government - every man for himself. fucking gangsters running the country, car bombs blowing off every day, journalists getting murdered. of course some countries grew out of this, put the criminals in prison, became civilized...and then there's of course russia...
>>
>>67635844

I will never forget the 90s, gangs running Lithuania (the Vilnius brigade, Kaunas doctors, to name a few). and when their leader was executed, sentenced to death for ordering the murder of a journalist. it was a brutal sentence, but necessary. strangely things stopped after he was executed by firing squad. peace was restored. then about 10 years later we joined the EU and got fuckloads of cash from german cucks.
>>
>>67635821
>people now have to pay for these things that used to be free.

FREE?!
where do you think this Money comes from, maybe falls off the sky?
its just the poor lazy working class trash gets away with leeching off people who actually do smthng useful
>>
>>67636206
>people now have to pay for these things that used to be free FOR THEM

I thought it was clear what I've meant.
>>
>>67634239
People are assholes.

Id rather have some say in which assholes run the economy instead of no say.
>>
>>67634410
Its from a book for teens. Story is ww1 except the germans use mechs and UK uses freaky mutated animals. The sides are called the Darwin's and the Clankers IIRC.
>>
>>67634239
>>
You will get ISIS but without the support for companies
>>
>>67634239
Why have we not yet experimented with different systems to emperically show outcomes.

All countries can contribute to buying a large piece of land somewhere (Maybe Australia?). Create many micro states all with different systems while controlling for variables like resources etc. Let it run for 20 years and see what the outcomes are.
>>
>>67635248
No it wouldn't we would become poor as hell like pre 20th century.
>>
>>67635844
>>67636076
same happened in poland in the 90s, it was fuckin mayhem.
I was young and i didnt cared about news then but i remember everyday it was some shocking thing. When i read today about these times on wikipedia - fuck me, there were really some happenings back then.
Chief of police murdered, pruszkowska mafia, massacre at magdalenka, journalists murdered.
Politics had close ties with showbusiness and mafia.
shit was fun generally. Then CBS (polish FBI) got founded, then we got to EU, then 2mln our white niggers emigrated to UK and we have most peaceful country in europe now.
>>
>>67636296
>wakes up in poor belgrade/kragujevac/novi sad neighborhood
>hears more rich ppl rants on radion/tv/newspaper
>hurr durr fcking rich ppl GIB ME MONEYZ
>mah social state - -feels good scrubbing off decent people who actually earn their benefits

i Know what youre saying,
im just sick of those kind of people encountering them on Daily basis because that worthless trash literally is 95% of the slavic europe
>>
>>67635148
Europoors are so cucked that without full government control they become 3rd world tier.
Meanwhile we have that ave we ate the sole superpower.
U.S.A.>>>>>>> everyone else combined.
>>
>>67635148
>feudal era inequality

you uneducated brainwashed trash feual inequality is nonexistent when compared to today
>>
>>67636940

serious shit happened in the 90s. I think the same stories could be heard in literally ALL post soviet countries.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.