[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pressuring kids to recite the pledge of allegiance every single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
Pressuring kids to recite the pledge of allegiance every single morning is pretty pathetic
>>
>>67617450
You seem upset Aladdin.
>>
AT what age is it appropriate to force children to pleage an allegiance to a flag?
>>
>>67617450
patriotism is a good value to instill
>>
explaim shill
>>
>>67617450
We just need to bring back the Bellamy salute.
>>
>>67617450
>Pressuring kids to recite the pledge of allegiance every single morning is pretty PATRIOTIC

FTFY
>>
>>67617450
>Swearing to uphold the very being of your country set by your founding fathers is bad

You are such a faggot. Trade me citizenship.
>>
>>67617450
Americans explain one thing to me. having "under God" in the allegiance, is that not a violation of the separation between church and state in your constitution?
>>
>>67617450
They don't pressure you. They even tell you you don't have to if you don't want to.
>>
>>67617450
When I was in school it stopped around 7th grade.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1863x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1863x1242
>>
>>67617870
there has been a movement to change it forever, it did not even get added till 1954
>>
>>67617450
I did this when I was in elementary and didn't feel bad about it.
>>
>>67617870
Yes since these pledges take place in public institutions.

We just don't care. We have under god printed on our fucking money. You think we care?
>>
>>67617870
It was added as a middle fingers to the commies at the beginning of the red scare, the teachers tell you that line is optional.
>>
>>67617450
Everyone I knew stopped saying that in 5th grade and just pretended, teachers couldn't stop us
>>
It's racist text. should be deleted
>>
>>67618090
*In god we trust
>>
We used to do it in elementary school until they banned it. I would say it, but I never really felt it, it was just something I was supposed to say, everybody was doing it, so I did too. I didn't understand what it meant, looking back I don't see the point of forcing someone to say it. If they believe it, they'll say it themselves.
>>
Reddit is mad tonight! Wew
>>
Why though?
>>
>>67617870

>is that a violation?

Yes.

>why's it there, ameritard?

well the cold war happened, and it was put in retroactively to oppose the USSR.

We haven't taken it out after we won because

>we're fucking lazy and nobody takes it that seriously unless they're tards like you
>>
instilling patriotism makes for good citizens

people value what they own
>>
File: sad bobby.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
sad bobby.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>67618271
They just can't accept their precious old commie is a loser.
>>
>>67617846
If you have to force people to do it, it has no value. If the US wasn't a corrupt shithole patriotism would make a return, people want to be proud of their country. The real purpose of the pledge has always been indoctrination.
>>
>>67617870

There's no separation of church and state explicit in the Constitution, the Constitution only forbids the establishment of a state religion or barring people from practicing their religion or lack thereof.
>>
>>67618985
Nobody is forcing anything you dumbass. It's called OPTIONAL for a reason.
>>
>>67620603
I sure as hell didn't get any option when I learned it as a kid, I was just told to repeat it. Also convenient since they start so young you don't realize what it means or question it.
>>
>>67621039
>I sure as hell didn't get any option when I learned it as a kid
yes you did
no one had a gun to your head making you say it
>b-but all the other people were saying it so i had to
you could have just stood there silent nobody would have gave a fuck
>>
>>67617648
this, If you can't love your country, how can you be trusted not to rob/harm your neighbor?
>>
>>67622056
Exactly, they forced you to stand out of respect but nothing said that you had to recite it
>>
>>67617450
You sound like a commie, Bernout.
>>
>>67618188
That's why they used to make you do it, so you would belive in it. Say it enough times and all that
>>
>>67617648
It doesn't instill patriotism. It's just mindless repetition. You stop thinking about the words altogether.
>>
>>67617648
Why?
>>
>>67617870
>>67618366
>constitution mentions God
>constitution is unconstitutional
>>
>>67622056
Children are impressionable and not apt at making rational decisions. You're using really bad logic. The fact is, everyone said it. I didn't even know it was an option until junior high.
>>
>>67622151
What a twisted fucking world you must live in
>>
>>67617450
Hello fellow rebbitor xDDD Are you mad your old communist kike lost again?

Are you mad Trump just keeps winning? Would you like to know what winning feels like? You can always join us :^)
>>
>>67617846
>very being of your country set by your founding fathers
What good is the oath if, evidently, nobody follows it. Or are you under the impression the current US government is exactly the kind of thing the Founders envisioned?

And what's more, they didn't even all agree with each other. The Democratic Republicans, under Jefferson and Madison, were strongly against the bullshit of the Federalist party, but unfortunately they lost support and federalism kicked off the inevitable march toward big government.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.