[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conservative VP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: handshake.jpg (303 KB, 1233x363) Image search: [Google]
handshake.jpg
303 KB, 1233x363
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/03/16/the_path_forward_for_republicans_is_both_conservative_and_populist.html

>The path forward for the Republican Party is to unite these two lanes. To have a conservative, populist party that treats all Americans like heroes, gives them the opportunity to spread their wings and soar as far as their abilities will take them, and provides favoritism to nobody just because they are well-connected. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in particular has led that effort during his time in the Senate.

>When it comes to uniting the conservative and populist lane, some on the right have expressed reservations about the party’s front runner. Many of their concerns are valid, but it would be foolish to simply leave it there. If Donald Trump is the Republican nominee, he will need to lead an effort that is not only populist but deeply committed to advancing a conservative agenda. If he does, he will find a conservative movement eager to work with him on this project. If he does not, he will tear the party in two.

What say you, /pol/? Would a solid Conservative VP help Trump secure the presidency? Could Carson or even some figure as Santorum be potential running mates?
>>
I'd pick Christie if I were him.
>>
Carson would be a fantastic pick.
>>
>>67612458
You'd also lose the election.

Think conservative all stars son, then you'll be closer to the right answer
>>
Carson yes. Santorum NO DEAR GOD NO. Honestly he needs someone like Buchanan, one of the Pauls, or Webb.
>>
W E B B
E
B
B
>>
>>67612765
This.

Even if Conservatives don't LIKE Trump, they'll still vote for him, begrudgingly, if it means stopping Clinton.

A VP like Webb brings a wealth of experience to the ticket while helping Trump expand his appeal to Independents and moderate Democrats.
>>
How is Trump not considered conservative enough?

- Strong military policy (might is right Reagan doctrine)
- Strong 2nd amendment supporter
- Pro-life
- Secure borders
- Cutting taxes
- Strongly believes in following the law, especially when it comes to immigration

etc.

Is it because he supports eminent domain, which is defined in the Constitution? I just don't understand.

Regardless, the Republican Party does have to evolve. It needs to settle the immigration issue once and for all. It needs to bring business back and make it stronger than ever. And it needs to do away with the political correctness and pandering.

The GOP won't be able to win any election in about 20 years time, once Democrats have their useful idiot minorities that outnumber whites in every election. Solve the immigration problem and appeal more to white Americans, and the GOP will keep winning elections.
>>
File: harold.gif (410 KB, 154x142) Image search: [Google]
harold.gif
410 KB, 154x142
>>67613047
I'm not so sure. There are a great many states in which Republicans vote with their Bibles, and while some are so heavily Republican that it doesn't matter, some potential battlegrounds like Michigan or Ohio could have trouble encouraging their Rep base to get out and vote for Trump.

He needs a true Conservative to convince these people that he still has them in mind.
>>
>>67611814
The whole reason why I support him is because he isn't a conservative and because he has demonstrated no interest in advancing the conservative ideology.
I'd pick a blue dog democrat as a running mate.
>>
>>67613470
Convincing dems and independents is more important, they are all looking for an excuse to not vote shillary, and conservatives will see that Webb is a war vet that supports gun rights and forget all the possible bad things about him.
>>
>>67611814

Trey Gowdy?

I personally like how he simply lays out facts and is like a pitt bull, once he on an investigation he just doesn't let it go.
>>
>>67611814
Cruz of course, Inb4 Rato
>>
File: pepe (42).jpg (43 KB, 641x491) Image search: [Google]
pepe (42).jpg
43 KB, 641x491
>>67611814
>Santorum
>>
Question:

I'm undecided but I'm leaning towards Trump. What are the chances he runs America like a business and is open to new ideas as long as they make sense?

As president I'm sure he'll have a lot more resources and research to learn about what are the right steps to make. Is he open to making decisions based on this? How stubborn do you think he is?
>>
>>67614858
He's not a particularly ideological person, so I suspect he'd be pretty open to trying new things.
I think more than anything he craves approval from his supporters and will be willing to listen to them and craft his policies in order to make them happy.
>>
File: highschool.jpg (300 KB, 599x1008) Image search: [Google]
highschool.jpg
300 KB, 599x1008
>>67614858
Hello newfriend. If you don't think a billionare will carry over his companies' success to the nation he leads, you might need a new thinking cap.

He's also proven to be relatively open minded
>>
>>67614348
This.

It's simple math. We have had massive turnout for the primaries, and we need to carry that turnout into the general election. What better way than putting the top two vote recipients on the ticket.

Plus, a Trump/Cruz ticket is likely to kill off 10%+ of the registered democrats from stroke and/or aneurysm, further solidifying a republican victory.
>>
Trump needs to pick a VP based on what would happen if he was assassinated. If he picks someone from the establishment, it would make the option of taking out the Don more enticing. Trump's VP will be a Dead Hand so he can survive his run and maga.
>>
File: 1457721682396.jpg (278 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1457721682396.jpg
278 KB, 640x479
>>67612645
Him and Carson were great together on stage

and no one could tell niggers to stop nigging and MAGA like the sleepy doc
>>
I've said since November it would be Cruz.

It will be Cruz. It explains so much of what has happened. This ticket would also defeat any brokered convention possibilities, hence why Cruz stays in.

1237 doesn't matter anyway. They can change that whenever they want. Trump/Cruz will represent 80% of the party, you can't change that. The party is dead, anyways. At least as we know it.
>>
>>67615709
it woudl have to be a dead hand to the establishment, though, something that anyone in the know knows is a MAD option but that will still win him the general election.

not sure what that could possibly be, desu.
>>
>>67611814
Shit get Mark Cuban.

I'm a Louisiana Democrat and a Trump supporter the reason I like him is he's not some shit shill neocon like Cruz. Really hope he doesn't now try to appease the GOP traitors.
>>
File: 1454402599563.jpg (29 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1454402599563.jpg
29 KB, 604x453
>>67615603
Hillary was qt af wtf.
>>
>>67611814
I'd pick a black woman if I was him.
>>
>>67615603
Damn. They all looked reasonably average to attractive when they were younger minus Ted Cruz of course. Age is one hell of a bitch.
>>
>>67615728
carson is too establishment, makes ZOG happy with a dead trump

plus, trump is electable precisely because he doesn't pretend to need a nigger to keep niggers in line. if he retreats to using a mouthpiece to telling niggers to stop killing, he's taking away power from the white electorate to defend themselves.

whites deserve to be able to kill niggers in self defense, period. not because there's a supreme nigger overlord that gave us the okay.

trump is teaching a supreme lesson, that no one is ever going to gain power in washington again whilst throwing whites under the bus.
>>
File: bees.gif (658 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
bees.gif
658 KB, 245x138
>>67616246
>>67616246
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.