[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CONTESTED CONVENTION BITCHES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 24
File: sHqlGtV.jpg (27 KB, 540x364) Image search: [Google]
sHqlGtV.jpg
27 KB, 540x364
You and I both know Kasich is going to be the next president. As goes Ohio, so goes the nation.
>>
we can only hope anon
#kasichaintbasic
>>
>>67596037
Cruz has too many delegates at this point to not be the presidential candidate in a brokered convention.
>>
>>67596255
he doesn't have enough mass appeal for a general, kasich would dominate against hillary in the polls
>>
>>67595508
General election dumbass
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15 KB, 275x173) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15 KB, 275x173
>>67596757
I don't like either, but it's all about who has the most delegates. Cruz isn't gonna play 2nd best with this number.
>>
File: black people laughing.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
black people laughing.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>67595508
>won one state
>Kasich is going to be the next president
>needs 8 states for a brokered convention
>mfw
>>
>>67595508

He literally can't be.

He needs 8 states.

Contested convention means Cruz.

Anyone but Trump means Hillary UNLESS dat der FBI investigation is fruitful.
>>
>>67597237
They can choose anyone under the current rules, even Romney.
>>
The way I see it we can either have a lunatic, a lunatic with a lunatic agenda or a sane person lead our party this fall. Trump or Cruz will only lead us to destruction as a party. It's Kasich or oblivion.
>>
>>67595508
Jesus I remember this!
Olddddee
>>
File: not close.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
not close.gif
2 MB, 366x360
>>67597237
>>67597398
To add

>GOP rules say that a candidate needs to win a majority in at least eight states in order to be nominated on the floor of the convention. It was originally aimed at stifling Ron Paul supporters at the 2012 convention. But party officials say this threshold could be lowered in the days before the convention to either allow (or block) certain candidates from getting nominated on the convention floor.
>For example, if Candidate 1 won eight states, Candidate 2 won six states and Candidate 3 won four states, then Candidate 1 may try to keep the threshold at eight states to block other candidates from being nominated, while Candidate 2 and Candidate 3 would each try to lower the bar to their own level, while blocking candidates beneath them.
>>
>>67597398
>>67597237
>>67597205
>mfw people think voters actually decide who wins the nomination

There is no law stopping the party form saying "fuck it" and anointing whoever as the candidate.
>>
This faggot cant even get his name on the ballot in pennsylvania.hes not getting the nomination.
>>
>>67597398
>He needs 8 states.
>implying the RNC won't just scrap rule 40b if it means stumping Trump
They used it to fuck over Ron Paul in '12, they'll definitely do whatever they can to stop Trump now.
>>
File: snap.png (209 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
snap.png
209 KB, 1000x1000
>>67598065
You realize that it is literally the non Americans who don't understand how American deal making and politics work, right? Ignore them. The GOP is about to fuck itself in Cleveland by doing something outrageously foolish.
>>
>>67596757

A vote for Kasich is a vote for Cruz because of the delegate count.
>>
>>67597833
wait check again
>>
>>67597451

No. The nominee must have "won" 8 states.

They made this rule to stop a surprise brokered convention from Ron Pauls camp. Now it's biting them in the ass.
>>
>>67598065
But Ted got a lot more Repulican votes than Kasich. I mean a huge number. It's nothing to do with the party. Kasich needs Ted's support or the brokered convention doesn't work. Cruz isn't about to support someone else to lead the brokered convention when he has fucking yuge delegate numbers.
>>
OP is too retarded to realize it would be Cruz in lieu of Trump. Both are the same really retards lol.
>>
>>67598065

There are there own internal regulations.

(You're right though, there is literally no legally binding requirements)

I would love them to throw the rule book out bring back a drop kick like Romney or McCain just to witness the trainwreck in action.
>>
>>67598680

Depends what Soros offers him. Then again, maybe the Koch Brothers and Murdoch step in with a big pay day and Kasich and Cruz step aside to make way for the fresh corpse of Rubio.
>>
File: KasichLaugh.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
KasichLaugh.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>67598818
Like the GOP would ever let Cruz have the nomination. He's a madman.
>>
File: john-kasich-young.png (305 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
john-kasich-young.png
305 KB, 600x400
>>67597603
mmmmmmm
>>
>>67599193
Republican voters are going to feel scorned if a candidate that had a minority of votes is made the figurehead. The GOP on the other hand are also not too friendly with Cruz since his little tet-a-tet with McConnell (where he called him a 'liar'). There's no way they can come out of this with what they think is an ideal situation. Their only chance in hell of a win in a general now is to rally full force behind Trump and forget all of the shitty smear campaign stuff.
>>
>Kasich
>president
He would have to depend on a brokered convention and Rato has triple the delegates than this guy.
>>
>>67595508
>As goes Ohio, so goes the nation
If that were true we would all be fat, unattractive, and super annoying.
>>
>>67595508

like fuck he will
>>
>>67595508

>Be Kasich
>Lose 29 states
>win your home state
>somehow this is a big deal

yeah nah
>>
>>67600074
>says someone on /pol/
>>
You have to win 8 states to even put your name in nomination, only Trump and Cruz will be on the ballot
>>
>>67600152
>>67600074
You just jelly your vote doesn't matter in the general.
>>
>the party that did everything to end Ron Paul is now getting fucked in the ass
Also reminder Kasich is a Romney, pretty much a democrat but bitterly hated by them anyway.
>>
>>67596255
I don't think you understand what a brokered convention is. Just because they don't like Trump, doesn't mean they'll give the nomination to the guy who is on 2nd place. They might as well give it to Jeb Bush if they want to. Brokered convention = all votes in the primaries are meaningless.
>>
>>67598413
This.

The GOP is creating it's own destruction if they do something this drastic.

GOP voters aren't as sheeple as the Dems, and won't put for this junk. It's literally why the Tea party was created. They just gave the GOP another chance.

If they screw donald on this one...

>Introducing the new WHIG PARTY!!
>>
>trump wins 70% of the delegates available tonight
>he only needs to get 55% of the remaining delegates in total to get 1237

>shills desperately trying to act like this is a loss and hope nobody notices
>>
>>67600897
>70%
Try like 60%, he lost Ohaio.
>>
File: laughing all the way.jpg (153 KB, 958x1300) Image search: [Google]
laughing all the way.jpg
153 KB, 958x1300
>>67597398
If Trump does get the nomination, they are going to help Hillary out of spite. Trump's face when they realize their stupidity.
>>
>>67600453
pfff are you kidding even california is going red if trump is the nominee
>>
you are all idiots. while it is currently 8 states, they meet and vote again the day before the convention starts. so technically, anyone can be nominated if the RNC votes to make it that way
>>
>>67595508

There would literally be a splitting of the party if that were to happen. Trump will be the chosen candidate and if the GOP won't recognize that then nobody will ever vote republican again.
>>
>>67601603
Uh, like I said earlier. Notice it's only the non Americans who don't realize this fact.
>>
>>67600635

sort of - the delegates will still be the guys who were sent there by the campaigns. A Carson delegate (there's a few) will want to vote for whoever Carson is backing (trump) or whoever is offering them the best deal (this is how you end up with random ass people in the department of whatever)

Trump isn't going to have to buy off that many votes. and that's what it's going to come down to. He's gonna have to sit down with 1237 - (his pledged delegates) and literally buy them off

man would I love to be a delegate m8

>>67601154
>Ohaio
kek
>>
>>67595508
>You and I both know Kasich is going to be the next president.
Prepare yourself OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUKzSsVmnpY
>>
>>67601603

You're right, but forgetting something

they need a battle plan to rig it. for Paul it was easy - he won x states, make it so that only someone who won x+1 states can be the nominee. Easy.

Trump is going to waltz in with a serious delegate haul. assuming he doesn't get to 1237 in the first and second ballot... what? What trickery lets the RNC overcome a 49% vote on Trump's side? don't forget that the more delegates become unpledged, the more are susceptible to getting bribed by Trump

they're going to have to take Trump, whether they like it or not. unless you literally make a rule saying "it can't be trump", but like, they can't do that.
>>
>>67601917
your green text was too long for me to read through. to their defense though, the party rules on both sides are very confusing.

i'm personally hoping for a complete destruction of the GOP. I hate the direction it's currently going. we need to unite FOR a cause, not AGAINST a person (obama). the gop is all rhetoric and no action. if people actually believe the GOP is for small government i've got a bridge to sell them
>>
File: asshats_n_chielf-bush-cheney.jpg (35 KB, 700x499) Image search: [Google]
asshats_n_chielf-bush-cheney.jpg
35 KB, 700x499
>>67602783
>if people actually believe the GOP is for small government i've got a bridge to sell them
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>67595508
the power play has already begun and it is none of these guys. i said it the other day and i will say it again today. its mitt romnie. he will come out as the savior of the convention and they will go against the majority of the party and take him. this will destroy the voting confidence of the american people and hand the next 4 years to the dems once again. its all part of the Sea Island plan!
>>
File: 1455945221100.gif (155 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1455945221100.gif
155 KB, 250x205
>>67595508
I can't wait.
>>
>>67602482
the unpledged will be very interesting to see how it pans out, especially who the states will actually choose to be the unpledged, i'm sure the RNC can rig that part of the process.

they only thing that the RNC can do is make it look like they're giving trump a chance, but rig it behind the scenes. almost like a frank underwood type open convention. i think that's the only way they can keep the party intact and have a chance of winning. if they blatantly push trump out, you can say goodbye to the GOP
>>
Is there any chance Rubio, Jeb, or someone else who's dropped out can get the nomination in a contested convention?
>>
>>67595508

>YFW Cruz throws in with Trump for the VP spot because he knows he'll never be nominated in a convention
>>
>>67595508

this election cycle has broken all the rules, anon.
that adage is no more. we have entered a new era... as goes the people, so goes the nation. MAGA !
>>
>>67603628
technically they have a chance, again it depends on what the committee votes on before the convention. but that's why they say they've "suspended" their campaigns.
>>
>>67600753
Modern Whigs already exist.Made up of Iraq and Afghanistan vets. Socially liberal, fiscally conservative. I don't think Dolan's rhetoric would fit with them, desu
>>
>>67601879
When Obama won everyone said "lol republican part is dead."
>>
>>67603628

Anyone can be nominated, even people not originally running. Paul Ryan is the most likely pick if nobody wins the first vote.
>>
File: happening.gif (60 KB, 633x474) Image search: [Google]
happening.gif
60 KB, 633x474
>>67602044
>>
>>67603969

If Trump destroys the Republican party you know Obama will get the credit/blame and it will cement his legacy as the best president ever in the eyes of current and future Democrats.
>>
>>67604266
my eyes too. i hate obama, but if he can somehow destroy the GOP party and turn them off the path of this fearmongering, populist, authoritarian, neocon road it's going down, then i'll be the first person in line to suck his dick
>>
>>67603547
>the unpledged will be very interesting to see how it pans out, especially who the states will actually choose to be the unpledged, i'm sure the RNC can rig that part of the process.
Also the pledged delegates of candidates that have dropped out and will release their them (though how they go after becoming unbound varies by state law).

>i think that's the only way they can keep the party intact and have a chance of winning. if they blatantly push trump out, you can say goodbye to the GOP
I still don't see how any non-Trump candidate can come out on top not split the party permanently. We've have months of press coverage of how much the Party elites hate him (and by extension his voters). He himself has floated repeatedly the his conditional loyalty on "fairness". His bloc is only tangentially connected to party.

They will pay excruciating detail to what happens to Trump and will not go quietly into the night if Trump is seemingly double-crossed. The Donald himself certainly won't.
>>
File: laughter stops.png (123 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
laughter stops.png
123 KB, 356x256
I know the establishment hates Trump, but I don't see how they can give the nomination to anyone else if he has the most delegates without having causing a massive shitshow and self-destructing the party.
>>
>>67603547

The bound/unbound delegate rules come from the states they are delegates for. Those rules are set in stone.

The RNC is trying to rig it under the table but like I said you need to figure out *how* to rig it against him and that's not immediately obvious

t. I have a friend on the RNC's rules committee. they're fucked.

>>67603463
>Mitt Romney

I think Romney definitely thinks this is the case and to be fair they did already rig a convention for him

but the circumstances were very different

Realistically, people are still mad with establishment rich guy banker guy who's actually a liberal. he came close to beating Obama but not really close enough. Its his own fault he let Jeb cuck him into not running (LOL how cucked must Romney feel about that tho)

Romney could probably beat Clinton but Trump can pretend to be conservative a lot better than Romney can, doesn't have the banker label and plays anti-establishment better than anyone else.
>>
>>67600453
Ohio doesn't matter at all, I live in Indiana and I'm pretty sure we get more delegates than you.
>>
>>67598065
>Ha ha, yeah, we know y'alls voted for Trump, but fuck you here's a candidate that literally nobody voted for instead
>>
>>67604718
i meant on the unbound delegates. each state is different but generally gets to pick like 75% of the actual people to become delegates. you know the RNC will be in the ear of every state party official telling them what they have to do. also, i don't feel bad for your friend.
>>
I'm from the future and trump wins. That's all im allowed to say.
>>
>>67598669
They can change the rules right before the convention if they want to. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>67597205
you realize there are only 3 people left in the race correct?

kashich is one of them
>>
I wouldnt vote for Kasich

Wouldnt vote for Hillary certainly but yeah. Hes a cookie cutter neo-con, no thanks
>>
You need to win at least 8 states to even be in the running for the convention.
>>
>>67606877
>>67607062
>>67607264
>>67607452
CHECK MY TRIPS FAG

>>67606444
>>
>>67607452
Last time, buddy.

There is a vote on the rules before the convention begins.
>>
File: read.gif (462 KB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
read.gif
462 KB, 450x254
>>67607452
>>
>>67595508
You have to win a majority in 8 states to be a nominee in the contested convention. Cruz and Kasich have not done that. Only Trump.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
>>67595508
SIMPLY GOOGLE KASICH SOROS FUNDING

>http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/soros-money-funding-kasichs-presidential-bid/

KASICH IS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS

WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT THIS???

THIS TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WHATS GOING ON

LETS MEME MAGIC GEORGE SOROS INTO THE GRAVE WITH THE DANCING SKELETON OF MAGA

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNxg-dTpPs

DEATH WILL COME IF YOU MENTALLY PROJECT "GO SKELETON GO"

MAKE SOROS THREADS!

SPEARD SOROS KNOWLEDGE ON NORMIE MEDIA... THEY HAVE NO CLUE... BLM, RIOTS, MOVEON, KASICH FUNDING ETC. ETC.

DONT LET THEM SLIDE SOROS THREADS HERE AND HIDE THE TRUTH

HE IS THE FINAL BOSS... NOT HILLARY OR ANY OF HIS PUPPETS

DONT FORGET KASICH SIGNED ON TO THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN AND IS PRO OPEN BORDERS

FIGHT

MAGA
>>
Kuckich is riding "Interesting candidate with no bad press that I only know basic things about" wave

He is a flavour of the month candidate that will cap out and start to decline when people realise he's no different from the rest and just putting on the nice guy facade

It'll be Trump vs Cruz and Trump will win that fight
>>
>>67607652
>>67607686
>>67607848
>>67607891

I GOT TRIPS THEN DUBS TRUMP IS GOING TO WIN CHECK IT
>>
File: read srsly.gif (802 KB, 402x271) Image search: [Google]
read srsly.gif
802 KB, 402x271
>>67607848
>>
File: acceptance.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
acceptance.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>67608086
Nope. Lord Kek has already failed Trump. Someone confirmed quads for Trump to take Ohio.
>>
>>67608272
Kek is just busy, He will support him in the long run
>>
kasich has zero chance

no party nominates a guy getting 1/20th of delegates (as of tonight, that is. he's likely to fall below that mark going forward)

the guy literally has 5% support. not gonna happen.
>>
File: 1456201809898.jpg (64 KB, 666x570) Image search: [Google]
1456201809898.jpg
64 KB, 666x570
>>67608605
^
>>67602044
>>
File: 259d7qr.gif (3 MB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
259d7qr.gif
3 MB, 500x246
You know, I'm from San Diego.

For four years straight, the NFL team that beat the Eagles in their opening home game went on to win the Super Bowl.

The San Diego Chargers beat the Eagles in the 5th year.

The Chargers did not win the Super Bowl.

And I think Kasich is just as bad as the Chargers.
>>
>>67595508
Weird how like five of these threads with the exact same content pop up at the same time, huh?
Fuck off, shills. Do you not realize this only hurts you EVERY SINGLE TIME? Maybe try finding a shred of honor.
>>
>>67608759

what's the gist, i don't click on kiketube links. huge jumanji fan tho
>>
Yep, after Kasich's great performance today and his complete stumping of Trump I've decided that I am now a #KasichKuck
>>
>PSA: NEW REDDIT/LIBERAL/EVANGELICAL C.UCK SHILLING IS KASICH POSTING IGNORE/DELETE THIS THREAD
PSA: NEW REDDIT/LIBERAL/EVANGELICAL C.UCK SHILLING IS KASICH POSTING IGNORE/DELETE THIS THREAD
>PSA: NEW REDDIT/LIBERAL/EVANGELICAL C.UCK SHILLING IS KASICH POSTING IGNORE/DELETE THIS THREAD
PSA: NEW REDDIT/LIBERAL/EVANGELICAL C.UCK SHILLING IS KASICH POSTING IGNORE/DELETE THIS THREAD
>>
>>67608881
hurts who? wat
>>67609033
1968 Democratic convention in Chicago. Crazy riots. Newscasters beat up on national TV.
They nominated a guy who hadn't one a single state.
>>
>>67595508
>Ohio matters
It's not the late 1800s anymore.
>>
File: 1450476400782.png (41 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1450476400782.png
41 KB, 1200x800
>>67603950
Isn't that Libertarian?
>>
File: w-m-keck.png (52 KB, 190x332) Image search: [Google]
w-m-keck.png
52 KB, 190x332
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.