[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Christianism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 31
File: 000399572.jpg (150 KB, 763x916) Image search: [Google]
000399572.jpg
150 KB, 763x916
All my family is Christian. I did catechesis and everything. When I was little I believed on those things, but when I was growing up I started to change my mind. Now I'm 18 and I can't believe in that. My mom accepts this, but my grandparents think I'm crazy. Aren't they the ones who are crazy for believing in miracles? They even call me names and uses fallacies to make me a Christian.

Explain how can this religion be good and why are you Christians.
I really don't get it.
>>
>>67578014
Liberals, feminists, sjw, trans, gays, are by-products of atheism.
>>
>>67578835
No, those are by-products of social atomization.

Though atheism is arguably a by-product of that as well. Tight communities tend to be held together by race and religiosity.
>>
>>
>>67578835
I'm a conservative, I'm not a feminist, not a SJW amd I'm a normal hetero female
>>
>>67578014

>Christianism

Poor quality bait.
>>
>>67579588
I just want to understand it.
>>
File: neo-vulgata1.jpg (10 KB, 200x366) Image search: [Google]
neo-vulgata1.jpg
10 KB, 200x366
>>67578014
>Explain how can this religion be good and why are you Christians
Cause it's true and conviction

>I really don't get it.
Which part may I ask?
>>
>>67579163
Well, I mean those things became popular after the fall in Christianity, I don't mean to say all atheists are those things, but there's probably a correlation.
>>
File: Pope's Revenge.jpg (275 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pope's Revenge.jpg
275 KB, 768x1024
>>67579850
Wrong pic
>>
>>67578835
only because Christians persecute the shit out of them like the Muslims, like the Muslims :^)
>>
>>67578014
>Explain how can this religion be good and why are you Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2jcfqQQx_8

Here you go senpai, C.S. Lewis' argument in your native tongue
>>
>Growing up
>>18
Pick One
>>
>>67579879
I agree there is a correlation, primarily due to the loss of community and identity.

America was once thought of as a white, Christian nation. Perhaps we had secular government and some non-whites living here, but we did have a general idea of what America was all about.

However, the importation of diversity and the shift away from the traditional family to hyper-individualism has led to the formation of new identities.

You see people clinging to "gay, trans, atheist" as identity markers now because it is no longer socially permissible to be proud of race or religion. And of course you mostly see this among whites. A gay black man is still black first, but a gay white man will emphasize his gaiety.
>>
>>67579850
How do you believe in miracles and someone who created everything?
>>
Im a Christian because I believe in a creator, and Islam and Judaism is bullshit.
>>
>>67580277
Thanks, I will watch it later.
>>
>>67580626
Well, I know that
>>
>>67578014
What`s important is its historicity i.e. did these written events really take place
>>
Growing up and losing it? Was the opposite. Been nudged towards faith after most of my young life not believing in it. Sudden contact with decent people after a shitty childhood made a world of difference.
>>
>>67581107
But why do you (and all Christians) feel the need to believe in that? What changes and how?
>>
Do you faggots actually believe in Christianity or is this a meme?

I get believing in a higher power or a creator, but to believe it's the same one from sand nigger fairy tails is stupid.
>>
File: 1111.png (2 MB, 1084x1141) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
2 MB, 1084x1141
>>67580499
Miracles are easy to explain if there's an allmighty creator.

>someone who created everything
God is the first cause. Seems most likely to me physically but more important I've experienced him. Not that I can prove this obviously

What makes you think there is no God or do you accept the possibility?
>>
>>67581820
You believe In God because of a feeling of belonging and community which the church provides. You go there to be a part of something great, something good. Many people believe in God because they feel they can draw strength during suffering from someone who, as is taught, suffered the most.
>>
>>67582350
I believe in a higher power too, but religions doesn't make sense to me
>>
>>67582515
Protestant?
>>
>>67578014
I'm atheist. As far as I can tell, God as any religions describe it/Him is not real.
>>
File: 1443691337288-1.jpg (117 KB, 800x974) Image search: [Google]
1443691337288-1.jpg
117 KB, 800x974
>>67582350
>but to believe it's the same one from sand nigger fairy tails is stupid.
Why?
>>
watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg , you will understand why so many people believe in god, and that's something we just have to live with for now
>>
>>67578014
>Christianism
>catechesis
Wtf? This sounds like an alien trying to blend in on Earth.
>>
>>67578014
Miracles happen all the time lad.
>>
>>67578014

no one I know who grew up with real Christian parents who took theology/interpretation of the Bible seriously are still Christians now. it is crazy shit.
>>
>>67583441
Exact opposite for me.
>>
>>67578014
>Now I'm 18 and I can't believe in that.

in time you'll rediscover God.
>>
>>67582372
>god is the first cause
I know that, I did catechesis
I know it depends on every individual, it isn't a form of true knowledge, but I still don't understand why people feel the need to live by believing in this

I don't think I accept the possibility, because it's too hard for me to understand why people say it's God faults or something will happen if God wants too

>>67582515
I'm not a social person to feel that I belong to a community. I only feel that my strength depends on my effort and not on a God
>>
File: kreuze_ostern_2016.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kreuze_ostern_2016.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
>>67583033
>strawmanning this hard
Always prove that there are no real arguments. I was raised atheist and my country looks down on christians.
There is only one reason people believe and that is conviction. Everybody claiming something else is just ad homing
>>
humans feel the need to live forever in a happy place, it's hard to accept that you just die and that's it
>>
>>67578014
Yes, they are degenerate, lunatic nihilists. Ideally, we can get these groups to exterminate one another,
>>
>>67583936
Anyone that says that is full of shit.

Bad things happen because of evil people.
>>
>>67583033
Thank you! I will watch it later

>>67583814
Well, It can happen
>>
File: 1438015438627.png (454 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
1438015438627.png
454 KB, 1024x512
>>67583936
>why people feel the need to live by believing in this
I don't NEED it. I'm convinced it's true. And it's also not a community or fear of death bullshit.

>because it's too hard for me to understand why people say it's God faults or something will happen if God wants too
I don't understand what you mean sorry. Please rephrase
>>
>>67578014
Romans 1 18-30
>>
>>67578014
Because it helps me through life.
Plus being an Atheist is kinda faggotry that would ruin Europe.
>>
File: 1.jpg (5 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
5 KB, 236x200
To paraphrase the Bruce Lee in the Christianity thread:

Christianity is just the finger pointing to the heaven. Don't get too obsessed on over-analyzing the finger or your miss the heavenly beauty.

God really exists, any spiritual being on this world must be aware of that. Is God properly described by people 2000 years ago, I doubt it, it's same as expecting that 2000 yo astronomy was spot on.

Was many of the things described extremely useful on attaining the feeling of the presence of God - undeniably, as it was tried and tested by millions of people through the centuries.
>>
>>67584424
Europe is a cesspool of degenerate subhuman garbage.
>>
>when I was growing up I started to change my mind. Now I'm 18
THIS HAS TO BE BAIT

REEEEEEEE
>>
Christianity at its core is a religion of pacifism and moderation, the latter especially if you were a noble during Christian dominance as only they could afford priestly indulgence. In reality, forgiveness for any sin is accessible to any Christian even without a priest.

Most miracles and signs come from John's gospel, which was written 100-200 years after the death of Jesus by people who relied solely on oral traditions. What you do need to believe about Jesus is that the Romans killed him for saying anyone could become the son of God (not just Caesar) and the Jews killed him for disseminating high level esotercism to non Jews, most of which the Catholic church ironically covered up. The blood sacrifice is what's important, both from an esoteric and exoteric perspective.

If you're a Christian and an enlightened Christian, you should know that if you require sign, images, miracles, "fire" then the actual rewards of faith will be like rotten food that went bad whilst you were distracted. It's one of the meanings of "if the candlelight has become fire, the meal would have been cooked a long time ago."

Just be a bro and treat strangers like friends. That's Christianity.
>>
>>67583967
i am aware that there are for example, people living in countries like the US and just became muslims, the video only explains how it's passed so much throughout the generations without people realizing how it doesn't make any sense really, it doesn't imply that a person can go a different way, they can discover another path, but the norm is what wins for most people, that's why there are more christians in christian countries and more muslims in muslim countries
>>
>>67584635
Which can be saved.
>>
>>67583005
Why is Christianity the correct one? Why not the 100 other religions on earth? Just because you were born in a Christian country?

Wouldn't it make more sense for a creator or higher power, to be nothing to do with earth, totally uncaring what the fuck we get up to, incomprehensible to our brains and perception of the universe?
>>
>>67584252
Cute

>>67584364
I mean, why do people think things depends on God and not on them?

>>67584424
I understand it, but I see it as a weakness
>>
>>67584616
Nice quote. I like
>>
Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>67584807
> pacifism and moderation, the latter especially if you were a noble during Christian dominance

Are you a degenerate brain dead moron? In the medieval period the nobles were the Christian WARRIOR class. Christianity only spread through war. It is degenerate pacifist, historical revisionist ideologues who are the real enemies of Christianity.
>>
>>67584837
No, it is a cockroach infestation that needs to be exterminated.
>>
>>67584957
Because historical events in the Bible have been backed by archaeological discoveries. Jesus was a real person who lived on this Earth.
>>
>>67584807
>Just be a bro and treat strangers like friends. That's Christianity.

No its fucking not. An athiest can do exactly that.
>>
>>67585302
Then remove them. Letting heretics into the land isn't removing them. Teaching them wholesome shit is removing them, you gotta teach and subvert.
>>
>>67584994
>I mean, why do people think things depends on God and not on them?
It's just a saying. Bad people do bad stuff themselves. It's not God's plan to create Heaven 2.0 on earth. We have free will.

>>67584957
My reply for this will take a bit. Hold on
>>
>>67585355
Point to me where I ever said he didn't exist and where some bloke existing and being killed means anything other than he existed and was killed
>>
>>67585689
We that depends on if you believe what is said in the new Testament is true
>>
>>67584957
Because the Old Testament was pretty much about Jesus being the Messiah look up Old Testament prophecies fulfilled by Jesus. Matter of fact just read the Bible.
>>
>>67585461
What, letting them into the land? Are you talking about the Arabs? Eurotrash were degenerate subhuman garbage long before the most recent Arab invasion. You can't save a cockroach infestation like Eurotrash or Arabs. Cockroaches need an exterminator.
>>
>>67578014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRpLfbZDss

Don't trust post-Vatican 2 catechism, it's filled with Protestant and Jewish muh shoahs rhetoric and modernist LIES.
>>
>let the world cuck itself because it will be better when it all ends
>let's not solve our problems
>>
>>67586089
If you're saying they can't be saved then you are wrong. They can be saved.
>>67586155
You better be traditionalist and not a sede"I literally enjoy proving Protestants right"vacantist
>>
Can you explain too how did a woman get pregnant of a non physically existing being?
>>
>>67585454
I have no doubt of that, but there is no core atheist ideology. Atheism doesn't form cultures, atheism doesn't provide a teaching framework, there is no meaning or history behind atheism, atheism is a blank, nihilist mindset that would have the worst image surrounding it if the media didn't pump all those enlightened, intellectual atheists out. It's at best an intellectual fashion statement that convinces its adherants that they're more intelligent for (dis)believing it.

In the end, neither Dawkins nor Harris are actually that bright. In the end Aquinas or Plato would destroy both.

>>67585184
Why are you blaming the effects of feudalism, a system that began to exist within the Roman empire before Christ, on the religious beliefs of the time? Are you uneducated?
>>
>>67584957
>incomprehensible to our brains and perception of the universe?
Yes.

>to be nothing to do with earth, totally uncaring what the fuck we get up to
No. You got to ask yourself why an all-mighty God would create the universe in the first place. Add finetuning and the ultra extreme unlikeliness of possibility of intelligent life it is very likely that if there is a God this was his plan.
Also most of the reasons from below about christianity add to this.

>Germany
>christian country
Is the short version okay? The first cause only allows for a monotheistic God. I read Thora, Koran and Bible. Christianities unique theology is imo the most logical one.
I believe Christ was resurrected.
>>
>>67578014
Christian in Spirit not Religiously
>>
>>67586623
Feudalism did not exist until after the fall of Rome, you stupid fucking moron. These are basic historical facts. Please continue to demonstrate the degeneracy of "educated" Christians by responding.
>>
>>67586656
>Also most of the reasons from below about christianity add to this.
Ignore this part as my answer on christianity is a lot shorter than I intended. I really fail at putting it into words right now. Small questions-precise answers
>>
>>67578014
It's more philosophical than miracle-based. If you believe humanity is depraved and won't be able to change, you can accept Christianity over other religions.

If you're saying you don't believe in anything illogical *such as* miracles, then you've not read 1 Corinthians 2:14 in a while, where it basically claims miracles seem foolish because they are beyond the realm of man.
>>
>>67578014
>Explain how can this religion be good and why are you Christians

It appeared in the right place and the right time. It conquered the most influent empire by preaching love thy neighbour. His followers died for His Word. And it unified and civilized people making them strive for perfection.
Faith is something inherent to the human being. Every people in all history had some kind of mysticism.
Man will always need faith because he is limited. Knowledge is infinite and while men don't become gods they will never know everything. Faith makes man sync with the universe.
It sounds a bit like a ramble, but that's my take on it.
>>
>>67586985
Feudal law was set up by the Romans and became fully in effect when the Roman empire fell leaving authority within military organisations throughout western Europe. Before feudalism, most German and Celtic people has a tribal, not feudal, society.

Be uneducated else where please.

Blaming feudalism on Christianity is headspinningly stupid, almost as stupid as believing in a Christian dark age.
>>
>>67580626
My man
>>
>>67584957
Because the others claim to point the path to God. Christianity tries to deal with what happens once you get there.
>>
>>67587066
Don't you think that even if Christianity seems like the most logical one, it is possible that none of them are right and God, even with a purpose, never showed himself around here? Christianity being the most reasonable doesn't imply it's the absolute truth
>>
>>67587505
Wow, you fail at even basic reading comprehension. No wonder you have no idea what you are are talking about. In any case, none of it matters, as the Jews, Muslims and Christians are in fact nothing more than a cockroach infestation that needs to be exterminated.
>>
>>67582350
Read the bible you sperg.
>>
>>67587861
Christianity believe that God did show himself when Jesus came to Earth. Jesus will also come back in the second coming and everyone will see him. It won't be able to be denied.
>>
File: _20160315_223058.jpg (18 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
_20160315_223058.jpg
18 KB, 256x197
>>67588074
>three major religions
>cockroach infestation
>pic possibly related
>>
>>67587861
I have no reason to. Why do you think that?
If an all-powerful God is established the leap of faith for him resurrection someone isn't very high I think.
>>
>>67587861
You're right but no religion can be an absolute truth. They are true and justified beliefs, but they can't be consider as knowledge (absolute truth)
>>
>>67588074
You're welcome for the scientific method.
>>
>>67578014
did you read the bible
>>
>>67588352
Yeah but why do you believe that? The German guy said that it seemed like the most reasonable religion, but i just don't see why any religion has to be necessarily right
>>
File: dgen.jpg (893 KB, 3000x2053) Image search: [Google]
dgen.jpg
893 KB, 3000x2053
>>67578014

Trust me op. At 18 you know nothing.
>>
>>67586414
Pope Francis is a shitty pope, but:

1. He's still the pope.
2. There are still worse, faggier, abusive popes than this one.

I ain't no Papolater.
>>
>>67588711
Damn straight, just remember, it's an office No more, no less.
>>
>>67588585
It depends on your presuppositions. It's possible that only they can be accepted as true knowledge.
>>
>>67588655
Because God is never wrong. As I said we believe God did show himself. And the Bible is His word. So everything in the Bible is true because it comes from God, who can't be wrong.

It's very simple for me, if there was a creator I 100% believe he would contact us in some way.
>>
>>67588629
What do you think?

>>67588694
I know some things and I feel older than 18, it's just a number
I've been a liberal asshole for many years, that's why I want to understand this better now
>>
>>67589008
Yes but only by faith.
>>
>>67589196
The best thing you could do to understand more us read the Bible more. A long with the bread pilled reading list.
>>
>>67589008
No, what I said is Philosophy, it's how it works
If it can't be proved, it isn't consider as knowledge
>>
>>67589402
So don't you have two mutually-exclusive situations, with neither one able to prove itself true, outside of its own experience?

As the man said, "What is 'truth?"
>>
>>67586592
If you accept the premise of a powerful God that has everything planned out, and made the Universe and sustains it by His very being...

Breaking the natural law isn't a big deal.

But from our perspective, it should be unbelievable, but it happened. We can't go back in time to see it happen first-hand, so you can't have 100% certainly, yet daily life is usually filled with uncertainty, so there is at least some chance that an invisible God that exists transcendent from physical reality manifests Himself into a human being that went on to live for 33 years, so that He may be put to death as the ultimate sin-offering, rose from the dead, and ascended to Heaven, to return at the end of time.

If that's unbelievable because it's unprovable, then the future is unbelievable because it's unprovable. If we only went by things that we thought was 100% certain and provable, chances are, we'd be a lot like African pagans, who are entirely materialistic and cannot think of abstractions like "Future" or "Eternity".
>>
>>67589553
Maybe when I have time I will read it
>>
>>67578014
Religion is BULLSHIT OP. That is all.
>>
>>67589575
Only mathematics can be truly proven.
>>
>>67589575
How do you prove it? What will you accept as truth?
>>
>>67589575
>If it can't be proved, it isn't consider as knowledge

I honestly hope you didn't create a thread on 4chan looking to find empiricism in religion.
>>
>>67589718
Are you talking about Faith as the other object?
>>
>>67578014
life is just a transition
>>
>>67589775
>>67589818
Do you study Philosophy there?
>>
File: become religious.png (22 KB, 1341x185) Image search: [Google]
become religious.png
22 KB, 1341x185
>>67589575
It can't be proved.
"Seek and you shall find". If you search the truth with an open heart (bible and apologetics I'd suggest) God will reveal himself to you. That's his promise
>>
>>67578014
based on jew scapegoat system. once a year they would cast all of their sins on a goat and drive it away into the desert. decided they could make money selling sinners a couple of birds to slaughter per each sinner instead of one goat for hundreds of thousands of people. christ saw the scam and decided if you throw all your sins onto a one time human sacrifice then it's all good and the end of judaism.
>>
>>67589739
Gospels aren't long. Start with the new testament
>>
>>67589919
Not faith but an outside agency (God's "Spirit" revealing, testifying to, and making logical, truth.

I hope that makes sense. "Faith" is just believing you'll actually accept what you're already promised. We've mangled the word, I know.
>>
>>67589837
I didn't ask for proofs, I'm only trying to understand Christians
>>
>>67589189
Why don't you think Islam is right and Christianity is wrong then? Or any other religion? I mean, why are you so sure that Jesus was really the son of God? I'm not saying there can't be a god, or that he necessarily haven't shown himself, i'm saying that there's no reason at all to dismiss one religion and choose one, you can't prove that the other is wrong, you can't prove that yours is right.
>>
>>67590436
Outside agency and what is your other object? The Bible?
>>
>>67590502
>Understand Christians
They're seemingly the same as everyone else in other religions. Most are believers in name only. It's largely a cultural force. Those who truly study it tend to interpret various points differently. It says things about the human condition most humans never grasp.

Again, the difference I see is that others point to God, Christianity deals with what happens once you get there.
>>
>>67590502
>I'm only trying to understand Christians

Read Hume's "Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion" and/or Kierkegaard's "Practice in Christianity".

Every religious person goes through crisis of faith, some even forsake religion altogether. At the end of the day it's about faith and whether you yearn for that connection... or not. You'll be fine either way.
>>
>>67578014
It's the Windows OS of religion: buggy as shit, and you h8 the cucks who run it, but we are forced to reckon with them, because the masses already adopted it and the transaction cost of societal upgrade to a superior kernel currently outweigh the benefits.
>>
>>67590824
Because we believe that Jesus performed miracles and was resurrected. Mohammed did everything he told his followers not to do and is just a very violent religion.
>>
File: 1a.jpg (608 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
1a.jpg
608 KB, 1067x1600
>>67588655
That's why it's called faith and not science.

Christianity is something handed over to us by our ancestors and is tested, tried part of our collective mind. It works for many people, maybe you're too smart for it and want to create your own religion where you're the god or a prophet, or you might just enjoy mocking others for being too stupid because - science

If that brings you inner spiritual satisfaction that's great, one should strive however not to grow bitter, vane and envious like many atheists tend to because of their spiritual self-isolation from god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTnxFgmQLKc
>>
>>67590824
I read the Koran and for some time really thought about this. But the islamic morality is far inferior which interferes with my picture of God. I believe God is the epitome of everything God. 100% love etc. Killing your child for leaving Islam just doesn't fit the criteria. On the other hand all objections I had to catholicism perished and I realized it's absolute. That's a subjective experience of course but I am sure everybody who tries WILL find the same
>>
>>67590075
The point was the philosophy cannot be proven. Which is why there so many types.
>>
>>67589196
Friend: Truth has both emotional and intellectual aspects to it. If it's all about intellect, you'll end up a fedora-wearing, autistic neckbeard who lives only in front of his computer, "disproving God" on internet forums, and sticking bananas in his asshole.

Think of it as a telephone: intellectually, you know that it's just vibrations, electric signals, plastics, and metals- but if you cannot go beyond this, if you cannot allow yourself to have some sort of emotional connection with the person you're talking to, you'll probably not going to have a proper conversation, or end up falling in love with your telephone or something.

The same this can be said with the Bible.

Now, you might have been taught by well-meaning, but ignorant people that "The Bible was written by God!" But in truth, it is only divinely inspired, written by men, as a written document of the lived experience of the People of God. In itself, it cannot prove the existence of God, and in fact "Israel", which is the name for the People of God, means "He who struggled with God" which describes the relationship of God's People with God.

On the intellectual level, it is normal to doubt, it is normal to resist. But if you aim to conquer yourself, you need more than arrogance and self-confidence, but actual external help is needed, to put things into proper perspective.

Do not put trust in man, not even yourself- because we can make mistakes, and can betray one another, so instead trust in God, read the writings of people who lived before us, to see how they wrestled with doubt, and what they have done to die a good death, which is to have died a proper death, in the good graces of God.

Investigate, why people would die for Jesus Christ, why people would betray Jesus Christ, why they would seek repentance later on...

Personally, I'd recommend you read Fyodor Dostoevsky's books, especially Brothers Karamazov and Demons/The Possessed. They were written by a good Christian man.
>>
>>67590998
I meant the natural world seems one way. Divine revelation reveals it to be another way.

Some signs point to the existence of God, but idk how dependable this would be.

That's what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>67591286
Thank you, I'll read it!

It may be that, and fear too
>>
>>67591792
>Brothers Karamazov
This book is so fucking perfect
>>
>>67591997
Examples of the different ways you are talking about?
>>
>>67578014
To be honest if you're going to shit on your family's traditions and beliefs because you're a special snowflake that wants to believe what he wants without probably even doing any sort of research or putting forth any effort into deciding what he wants to believe outside of the typical fedora tipping, you deserve to get shit on back by your grandparents who are probably disappointed with you. And, to be honest with you my famalamio, I probably would be too.
>>
>>67589775
But you cannot prove to me that numbers exist outside human construction- otherwise, how is it that numbers cannot be deconstructed?

Aren't numbers non-contingent entities?
>>
>>67591439
I have noticed that the Christian answer to nearly everything is self-control and the Muslim answer to nearly everything is aninal indulgence but in such a way as to not disrupt the life of the tribe. Muslims have no concept of self-control, the closest they get is directing the energy for the greater good of the larger Muslim community.
>>
>>67591792
I enjoyed reading, thank you!
I will read those books
>>
>>67591998
Happy to help.

t. Godless heathen
>>
File: 1b.jpg (24 KB, 410x545) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
24 KB, 410x545
>>67591792
this
>>
Check out /his/, it's r/atheism on 4chan!
>>
>>67592482
Thank you for the very useful answer
>>
>>67592408
I'm saying true belief in God can only come from Him revealing His presence to you. It's revealed through a medium of intangible things, namely the human heart and will.

If that hasn't happened, no matter of a belief in God, what you have can't be called truth. It's maybe hope at best.

Comes from a few quotes in John and explanations in Corinthians.
>>
When did this become your fucking blog?
>>
>>67590360
The Gospel of St. John is the best, because it is the most introspective. You might find it more delightful: The other Gospels were written with specific target readers in mind- Matthew- intended for Jews, Mark- intended for Romans, Luke- part of an anthology that includes The book of Acts, written for other non-Jews, and St. John, which is most theological, and probably more accurate, first-hand account.
>>
>>67592483
the formation of planets which require very specific conditions which are expressed by mathematical means show that numbers are "real".
>>
File: lotus-mud-flower-water-bloom.png (343 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
lotus-mud-flower-water-bloom.png
343 KB, 640x425
I'd say Matthew is the go-to gospel as John is more spiritual but everybody should read all.
>>
>>67593529
True belied is a weird thing to say.

We believe through faith, if God revealed Himself to us, that faith is converted to knowing.
>>
[John 3:3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
>>
>>67591144
Oh? Every religion have their own historical and cultural contexts and developments, we can't just dismiss them as "They're all the same." Because otherwise, these religions would've been a singular religion and everyone got along together when they encountered each other.

I, for one, believe in the supremacy of Christianity, and if the world somehow proves Jesus Christ to be wrong, then I would rather be wrong with Jesus Christ, than be right with this gay, gay, world.
>>
>>67593323
No problemo my fine friend
>>
File: 1458090256880.gif (820 KB, 3558x3364) Image search: [Google]
1458090256880.gif
820 KB, 3558x3364
>>67578014
>>
>>67590360
the policeman who points with the shotgun is a girl or a man?
>>
>>67579741
>>67578014

Here this will help

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/

http://www.evilbible.com/
>>
File: christianity.jpg (521 KB, 1362x779) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
521 KB, 1362x779
>>67578014
This is what Christianity is all about. Be a good goy and turn the other cheek!
>>
>>67594358
I was trying to say the believers were typically the same. Not the beliefs themselves and definitely not their prophets.
>>
the first point is atheism makes no sense

only a higher power makes logical sense... it would also be illogical to think a creator God couldn't communicate with his creation, seeing as he gave them language.. where faith comes in, is whether God has communicated with his creation through Jesus.

assuming God has communicated with us, there is no greater person to lump on, than Jesus.. you can use reason and logic to suppose he didn't do so with L Ron Hubbard or David Koresh or some Sikh elephant God
>>
>>67594587
>I am going to track down every mosquito that bites me
>>
>>67594587
Catechism of the Catholic church says you have the right to use lethal force in self defense.
>>
>>67594948
Maybe that's God's mistake. Jesus is "the logos" of God, his reason, his plan, his logic.

>communicate with humans
>send forth argument of logic
>fail
>>
>>67595257
God doesn't make mistakes.
>>
File: 1455289835162.png (213 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1455289835162.png
213 KB, 442x341
Why is that even the most adamant atheists call out to god on their deathbeds? Is there some deep, subconscious belief in god that all people share? Legitimately curious.
>>
>>67596004
Yes.
>>
File: 1412909062474.gif (454 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1412909062474.gif
454 KB, 320x180
>>67578014
I appreciate your bravery OP, and I hope you the best on your path to Christ.

Blog time: My family is Christian and I grew up in a Christian home. Eventually my edginess and pride took over and I become atheist for awhile. I suffered demented nightmares for weeks, even months. shortly after. One night I encountered a demon in person and I asked for God to protect me. The demon left shortly after and I've never had a demented nightmare like those before.

It really 'red-pilled' me, in that I really don't know anything about this world. I gave my life to Christ about a week later after realizing the true love my family gave me through Christ. Miracles can happen, but maybe not as often as we'd like to think they do.
>>
File: Jesus Saves.jpg (122 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Saves.jpg
122 KB, 612x612
Well, after a certain point Positivsim and Materialism just stop making sense and lose all meaning.

I was baptised as a child, but our family were mainly cultural Orthodox and we never practiced like most Russians.

But turning 30, i dunno man, i found Christianity again, and more esoteric forms of it, like Gnosticism, and i'm trying to make sense of it.

There must more to all of this. I just need the answer to the question WHY, and all Positivism can do here is some shucking and jiving and pretending to be retarded when it truns out it was wrong.
>>
>>67595615
I suppose he gets everything he always wants and never regrets anything he ever did either?
>>
>>67596603
>I suppose he gets everything he always wants
No. Free will nigga
>>
>>67596603
The only thing God wants is for us to love him by means of our own free will.

God doesn't always get what he wants.
>>
File: 2.jpg (12 KB, 279x408) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
12 KB, 279x408
>>67596004
Yes, that's why we don't need a 300000km high monolith with words carved in to know there is God. It's built into us.

Different theologian/philosophers/scientists called it different names. Homo religiosus is one.
>>
File: 1443470562067-4.png (1 MB, 1300x860) Image search: [Google]
1443470562067-4.png
1 MB, 1300x860
>>67589739

OP. Start following Dr. Craig's podcast and Q and A.

Start with #1.

buy the book reasonable faith.

You can't ignore the literature defending christianity and still be knowledgable enough to make an informed decision.
>>
>>67597123
Name of book?
>>
>>67596004

Yes, it has been called the argument from want. We know God exists in the same way babies know food exists because they experience hunger.
>>
>>67594587
>Jews use christianity to control the goyim
>Jews attack Christianity at literally every turn.

Pretty obvious which is true.
>>
>>67596218
What you described is probably mental illness. Please seek help.
>>
File: 1458022518356.png (686 KB, 480x473) Image search: [Google]
1458022518356.png
686 KB, 480x473
Riddle me this...

Assuming the historical Jesus existed, and the Bible is a true account of everything he said:

Why did he say what he said?
>>
>>67596004
>Why is that even the most adamant atheists call out to god on their deathbeds?
Are you just making shit up now?
>>
>>67578014
You can be a good, moral person and not be religious
Just follow the 10 commandments, the golden rule, and try to be open minded about new things
most of the christians i know are vindictive, judgmental, hypocrites and dont follow those rules
>>
>>67597352

>Everything in the world is le Jews

Religious leaders use Christianity to control the goyim while they're getting reamed in the ass by the NWO agenda.
>>
>>67597437
I already sought help from my illness and came to Christ.
>>
>>67597123
William Lane Craig based
>>
>>67597243
Reasonable Faith
>>
>>67597501
Because a Christian society leads to a perfect society.
>>
>>67597243
http://www.amazon.de/Reasonable-Faith-Christian-Truth-Apologetics/dp/1433501155/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458098775&sr=8-3&keywords=william+lane+craig

WLC is a philosopher who wrote very strong philosophical arguments for Christianity.

It should be on hte bread pill list but its not.

Its a great place to start if you don't have a lot of philosophy training.

He is also fluent in german so it may be available in that language as well.
>>
File: 1452143430071.jpg (16 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1452143430071.jpg
16 KB, 319x320
>>67578014
>I'm a normal hetero female

yeah, right!
>>
>>67597837
Oh lol. I'm tired

>>67598156
I have On Guard by WLC. Might just be the German title for what you posted
>>
>>67578835
This. Exactly.
>>
Here you go: https://archive.org/details/OnBeingAPagan
>>
>Great revolt: 250 thousand – 1.1 millionc Jews killed; enslavement of 97,000c;

>The Jewish–Roman wars had an important impact on the Jews, turning them from a major population in the Eastern Mediterranean into a scattered and persecuted minority. The Jewish-Roman Wars are often cited as a disaster to Jewish society.[6] The events also had a major impact on Judaism, after the central worship site of Second Temple Judaism, the Second Temple in Jerusalem, was destroyed by Titus' troops. Although having a sort of autonomy in the Galilee until the 4th century such as the Council of Jamnia (or Yavne), and later a limited success in establishing the short-lived Sasanian Jewish autonomy in Jerusalem in 614–617 CE, Jewish dominance in parts of the Southern Levant was regained only in the mid-20th century, with the founding of the state of Israel in 1948 CE.
>>
>>67598156
Where is this podcast you speak of?

Website?
>>
>>67578014
>Reply
Yes, they're crazy. The real book is the Talmud Jmmanuel, which has no miracles in it, but only facts.
>>
File: 1438354932584.jpg (108 KB, 573x591) Image search: [Google]
1438354932584.jpg
108 KB, 573x591
>>67598935
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/reasonable-faith-podcast/latest

Podcast is here.

Craig will discuss various philosophy or religion topics ranging from probabability calculus to Sam Harris pop science BS. I listen every week its pretty nice but I have a minor in religious studies and philosophy so I'm not sure if everyone can follow all the discussion as easily.

>>67598356
On Guard more or less the same book but Reasonable Faith is the same thing but written in a more academic style.

If you want to read at the most advanced level I recommend the following by Craig:
The Blackwell Companion to Natural Theology

Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview
>>
>>67579293
>>67579879
>>67580391
>>67584424
>>67586089
>>67586255
>>67586623

V I C T I M S
>>
>>67598884
[Matt. 24:2] And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

>Titus reportedly refused to accept a wreath of victory,[34] saying, "There is no merit in vanquishing a people forsaken by their own God."
>>
I was raised Catholic, am now an atheist. But have a copy of the new testament from ages ago and am reading it now just to read what Jesus said. It's quite interesting but the miracles are silly and the rising from the dead. I just can't buy that.

I just figure he got killed by the kikes so maybe Jesus was the original redpill. All the magic stuff though- may aswell be reading Harry Potter.
>>
>>67601250
Kikes also tried killing Spinoza. I'd say he was more redpilled than Jesus. His beliefs make more sense.
>>
>>67579741
You can read the whole bible, and many other lectures about Christianism, but there is a point where only faith will make you understand it.
t. Christian
>>
>>67583005
This Arab is being stolen, stop him !
>>
>>67602098

Any specific work of his you'd recommend?
>>
[John 8:31-32] Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
>>
File: Some Catholic Monks.jpg (62 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Some Catholic Monks.jpg
62 KB, 800x500
>Explain how can this religion be good and why are you Christians.

Christianity - specifically Catholicism - exists to represent the fulfillment of man. The church upholds innate value and purpose to all things and through them seeks the good of all nature. To Christianity our innate purpose - God's will for us - is to seek a life of love. Because of that the church's doctrine speaks on justice and the good of all things.

Why I am Christian is a long process I won't get into very quickly.

>Aren't they the ones who are crazy for believing in miracles? They even call me names and uses fallacies to make me a Christian.

Well they are pretty terrible to call you names and I can't say any fallacies were done disingenuously but the issue with miracles come mainly from a philosophical view that contradicts church teaching.

The normal view in the mainstream is that the universe runs on its own due to its laws and that God interacts to break these laws every once in a while. This is the logic that allows deism to be popular.

The Catholic view is that the universe runs due to God's continuous act of creation existing in each moment of the day. This is the view Divine Conservation. The laws are the continued regularities God gives and the miraculous are acts made in the same instances as those continued regularities. They're basically "made in the same brush stroke".
>>
>>67578014
Basically like Harry Potter or Star Wars but a lot of people think its real and they get sweet tax breaks.
>>
I was talking to my Christian friends and I got invited to a "pre sanctified liturgy".

What is this I'm scared. I'm going. What should I wear how long is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (417 KB, 1600x1232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417 KB, 1600x1232
[1 John 4:8] 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

>Phaedrus began by affirming that love is a mighty god, and wonderful among gods and men, but especially wonderful in his birth. For he is the eldest of the gods, which is an honour to him; and a proof of his claim to this honour is, that of his parents there is no memorial; neither poet nor prose-writer has ever affirmed that he had any. As Hesiod says:

>First Chaos came, and then broad-bosomed Earth,
>The everlasting seat of all that is,
>And Love. In other words, after Chaos, the Earth and Love, these two, came into being. Also Parmenides sings of Generation:

>First in the train of gods, he fashioned Love. And Acusilaus agrees with Hesiod. Thus numerous are the witnesses who acknowledge Love to be the eldest of the gods.

Symposium
By Plato
>>
File: sthermanofalaska.jpg (46 KB, 386x451) Image search: [Google]
sthermanofalaska.jpg
46 KB, 386x451
>>67603240

Great Lent started this week for Orthodox, we have several services this week. Tuck your shirt in, long sleeves are good. Don't wear jeans if you have better pants. Shouldn't be more than 2 hours, maybe like 1hr15m.
>>
>>67587156
But that just seems like a cop out.
>hur dur you can't understand it ever so just accept it or burn in hell
There's shit like this throughout the Bible. Why should I believe you?
>>
>>67578014
Christianity set up the basis for order in the west, but it is clearly flawed, hence they have moved away from theocracy and are only going to move away from it further. Plenty of eastern religions promote peace and pacifism as well, I don't think Christianity is a revelation from God unless proven otherwise.
>>
>>67578014
try reading some philosophy of religion OP. That's what helped bring me to the faith. I recommend CS Lewis as an introduction and if you're still interested move on to the greats like Soren Kierkegaard's Christian existentialism or Thomas Aquinas' proofs for the existence of God and Summa Theologia.
>>
As a Sufi Dervish, all I can say is that if you feel no spiritual connection to the religion you were born into, I recommend trying different faiths until you do find a spiritual connection. As Mevlâna Jalâluddîn Rumi says, "All loves are a bridge to Divine love. Yet, those who have not had a taste of it do not know!"
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.