[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come nobody is talking about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: TPAB_02.16.15_1142 2_nowords.jpg (484 KB, 1484x1484) Image search: [Google]
TPAB_02.16.15_1142 2_nowords.jpg
484 KB, 1484x1484
Obama expresses he thinks Kendrick Lamar's lyrics and album were the best last year in this interview at 14 min and 20 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnbLsCbk7-g#t=14m21s

pic related, the cover of Kendrick Lamar's album.

W t f?
>>
>>67548441
niggers gonna nigg brother
>>
File: nigger.png (226 KB, 748x443) Image search: [Google]
nigger.png
226 KB, 748x443
>>67548441
>>
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nImHqgraKus
>>
>>67548441
You know what's funny? People have been talking about the message of this album, about it being "big words" with "no meaning", yet not a single one of you dense fuckers has even been able to grasp what it's really about.

Kendrick is dealing with different forces of racism and is looking for a way to cope.

His mother straight up tells him to stop acting like a victim, it'll never get him anywhere. Kendrick is taking a hit at black people, maybe even more direct at black people in social media, constantly playing the victim card. He has actually been attacked by a few black celebrities, including Azelia Banks, for that.

He is also implying that, additionally to systematic, structural racism, there is another form of racism in America. He goes one step farther and holds up a mirror for his black people:

If you behave like a gangbanger, if you live like a thug, if you talk like a moron and generally behave ignorant, then you are perpetuating racial stereotypes. A lot of black people, famous black people that the youngsters look up to, act like that. He's adressing the faults of the black community.

There is an essay by Frantz Fanon titled Black Skin, White Masks. Not like anyone here would have read that, but if you had maybe you would understand where Kendrick is coming from.

There is a mental image of 'the nigga from the projects' and instead of offering a counterimage, media, like BET for example, just fixate that image even more. Kendrick has gotten so much shit for saying exactly that, saying that black people are part of the reason why racism still exists today. It's a bold message, in the end this album is not about a religious epiphany or about a black uprising, it's about respecting each other and acting fucking sane. Those are even the last words, I have no idea how anyone could miss that.
>>
kendrick is possibly one of the biggest meme rappers right now. ive never seen a bandwagon for one artist so big and ridiculous.
he spouts some stereotypical muh black hardships growing up in muh white world and everyone wants to taste his bellend
>>
>>67550929
The entire album is boohoo i'm nigger rich

Also lol at that song about black women being beautiful. I guess he thought it was important for them to hear that at least once in their life
>>
>>67550929

But if he wants to end all that WHY would he make that his album cover?
>>
>>67551813
Because niggers wouldn't listen to it otherwise.
>No autotune
>Not much sub
>Live instrumentation
>Actual rhyme structures
>Doesn't repeat a hook more than twice
>Actually sobs in one of his "songs"
>Niggers actually enjoy being niggers and don't want to change
>>
>president listening to and endorsing jungle tunes
How America has fallen.
>>
File: 1366202998467.png (77 KB, 1034x255) Image search: [Google]
1366202998467.png
77 KB, 1034x255
>>67550929
Great post, mate
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 450x576
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 1024x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 1024x454
>>
A lot of faggot ass try-hards in this thread. The album has a good message regardless of what president likes it.
>>
File: 1456448443880.png (687 B, 12x12) Image search: [Google]
1456448443880.png
687 B, 12x12
>>67553658
I really like the part where he ooga booga'd

bix nood muhfucka to be honest family
>>
People are talking about it less because now people are realizing it's not even close to being as good as GKMC.
>>
>>67553658
Kill yourself, /mu/tard.
>>
>>67553869
I give a fuck about niggers. But, I wish my ancestors weren't fucking lazy and brought them over to work.
>>
>>>/mu/
>>
Kendrick's album is pretty red pilled. Half of it is talking shit about black culture today and the other half is about how blacks complain but never change anything. He'll one song is about how the government is filled with thugs on both sides and Obama is one of them

>>67551813
The album cover is making fun of black people more than whites. The cover is "we presidents now nigga" so blacks think they've made it but they still act like niggers
>>
>>67548962
lovecraft died penniless in squalor. who's the nigger now? smdh lmao
>>
>>67550929
>implying racism is bad
Please he's just another nigger who overestimates his own people

Of course the euros see it like that
They're so far removed from blacks that they will never understand it

>>67554232
First off you had slave owning ancestors?
Second off it would have just been white slaves so your ancestors would've been just as lazy

I agree though
The worst things America did to itself was black slaves and women voting

>>67554680
This desu

>>67554693
>Kendricks album is pretty red pilled
This board has gone so terribly downhill thanks to elections
>>
>>67554043
Kendrick fans know this to be true, plebs do not.
Even worse is the fact that King Kunta was the biggest song of TPAB.

He's become self parody, and now will be pushed as a civil rights hero by his record companies.

>See: already gained hall of fame status
>see: grammy performance
>>
>>67555312
>euros
Why did I say euros?
For some reason I thought that was a Polish flag
My eyes are playing tricks on me
>>
>>67554043
>People are talking about it less because now people are realizing it's not even close to being as good as GKMC.
that and section 80 was his best work, IMO. also Cartoon & Cereal is probably my favorite song by him.
>>
>>67552934
Guru is one of the most overrated MCs of all time so yeah
>>
>>67553339
>>67553606
she truly is vile, 6/10 the legs save her but she has nothing else going for her
>>
>>67554043
This. But I appreciate the attempt to try a new sound
>>
>>67554116
>I have never listened to To Pimp a Butterfly: the post
>>
>>67550929
please get here before the wall goes up
we need more like you
>>
>>67550929
Just leave mate
Everyone who listens to rap should honestly kill themselves

It's literally a case of a genre where the message matters more than the form (which is the cancer killing art today)
Anyone who listens to it I instantly disregard

Threads like this remind me of how shitty this board is
The fact that you have so many positive replies only furthers my point desu
>>
>>67555928
>that and section 80 was his best work
yeah, even S80 is way better than TPAB
>>
>>67556519

>message matters more than form

So you haven't listened to anything from at least the last 5 years have you... If anything

>form matters more than message
is the criticism most would make of contemporary hip hop.
>>
>>67556961
You obviously don't even know what Form is.
>>
>>67557479
Please enlighten me.
>>
>>67553606
She's so lucky Kanye made her famous
>>
>>67556961
I have actually
It all sounds the same

The pieces that are considered "the greatest" all focus on messages (quite literally all of them)
Everything else has a dull form that barely progresses making it effectively dead
I can't tell the difference between popular hip hop today and popular hip hop 5 years ago
That's a bad thing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2jYBLw19Bc
>>
File: B9eUTv_IEAABqUQ.jpg (50 KB, 948x1024) Image search: [Google]
B9eUTv_IEAABqUQ.jpg
50 KB, 948x1024
>>67548441
http://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-the-blacker-the-berry-lyrics

That song art

Intro starts with nigs relishing in a riot(Ferguson in this case), who gives a shit why it's fun to burn shit

Every verse begins "I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015"

First verse sounds like it's directed right at /pol/, basically says yeah I'm a nigger, fuck you guys

Jamaican guy wailing on the hook

Second verse talks about how society discriminates against him, so fuck it he's gonna go all out with cars and rims and shit.

More Jamaican guy going all in about slavery and shit

Third line reverses the entire narrative, goes into the black community, I know you hate me don't you refers to black people who want to kill him for his chain

That build up to the last line

That last line
>>
>>67550929
>deconstructing nigger noise

nah fuck him
>>
>>67558337

Mate I agree with your contention but as someone who actually listens to hip-hop and related genres (something you admitted you do not do) I would argue that it applies to conscious or traditional hip hop. Mainstream popular stuff moves along, has gotten more electronic in form and more focused on production versus lyrical content.

Any artist who says their aim to make 'hip hop' should be rightly disregarded as boring. The excessive focus of some retarded listeners and creators on whether something is or isn't hip hop within those narrow traditional confines is a destructive influence.

You're right to say that 'hip hop' is dead. It's been 'dead' since the mid nineties if judged on the traditional concept of the genre (i.e. rapping, graffiti, breakdancing and being about a peoples movement)

I wouldn't put Kendrick Lamar into the same boat though. He involves a consciousness in his lyricism but it is not front and centre.. see songs like King Kunta or Swimming Pools imo.

But all of this comes down to what you call 'hip hop' and the risk of trying to put lots of different things into one nicely set out genre.
>>
>>67550929
Good job mexibro hadnt thought about it that way but thinking back on the lyrics i can see where that might be the case
The ones who really do pimp the butterflies are the blacks themselves
>>
>>67560013
tl;dr don't use bullshit youtube motivational rappers to judge an art form, especially when it is incredibly diverse
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.