[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question: are Chinese manufacturers harvesting westerners'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1457920308860.jpg (667 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1457920308860.jpg
667 KB, 1200x1800
Question:
are Chinese manufacturers harvesting westerners' data for the Chinese govt through their smartphones?

They're so cheap for us, there's no way they can be making a profit from them. They must be selling them at a loss. For which there are different potential explanations;
>1) They are fronts, or govt-owned, or govt-controlled, and the main purpose is to gain as much of westerners' data as possible (not to mention their own people, but w/e I don't care lol). Or
>2) They are independent, and selling the phones to us at a loss for a while in an attempt to get a good market share. Then they'll make money. Or,
>3) a combination of 1 and 2. Started out as 2 then got compromised as in 1, because it requires a lot of money to burn, and even for strong companies in China it's a risk. So the govt offers to help, in exchange for the data, etc.

Which is it? As a loyal westerner, should I avoid a Chinese smartphone? I know the classic thinking around here is "I'd rather have privacy from my own govt, who cares if PRC has my data they can't touch me lololol", but I feel differently. If it's a choice of where my data has to go, I'd rather keep it in-house. Fuck the insect-rike chinks. Soulless.
>>
>>67501975
Implying no one else does it.
>>
>>67501975
is that a sex doll
>>
>>67501975
Hardware is extremely cheap to make. It costs a fraction of the sale price.

It's possible that it contains spyware, hardware that spies on you etc. but so do all the other stuff we use anyway. Even if you buy an iGoy, it's assembled in china anyway.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/22/why-apples-products-are-designed-in-california-but-assembled/
>At a dinner with several top US technology executives last year, President Obama asked Steve Jobs flat out what it would take to bring those jobs back to the US. According to Jobs, there's simply no way for it to happen.
I bet Obama just went "Oh, ok ._." like the top cuck he is.
>>
not reading that shit but who's the girl
>>
>>67501975
Shouldve chosen another Pic,Jack
>>
>>67502907
>>67502967
Ai Shinozaki. Surprisingly not a doll, her tits are even real.
>>
iPhones cost about $220 USD to build, bloated western companies expect 50-70% profit margins, chinese are happy enough making 5-10%

The prices on high end smartphones are pretty unrealistic and require massive amounts of advertising to get people to pay that much for a phone.
>>
>>67501975
Yes. Not just through smart phones but through bundled apps that are packaged with new phones from other manufacturers such as LG, produced by corporations owned by the Chinese government. There is a cyberwar going on between the US and China. A large portion of the Chinese military cyber warfare unit are in the FBI's most wanted list for hacking government and corporate databases. The US has penetrated a large number of countries via Google, Facebook, Yahoo and other entities, which give them real time and historical intelligence profiles on not only general trends, but individuals as well. The information wars are real and your data is a very important commodity to a large number of stakeholders.
>>
>>67503790
I think most of the phones are designed in other places and Foxconn, who actually makes them does not add hardware to the phones, because China is not taking that risk. They will steal everything mind you, but will not fuck with Apple and Samsung enough that they move to some other third world shithole. There are plenty of them, China just tends to be easier to work with, since no one has rights and bribes grease wheels.
Now for the fucking hardware that the entire internet goes through, there has been mainstream articles on this very subject. America and China were the main two makers of these things and somebody realized that both of them are probably compromising them. As an American I am telling you, it is better when we do it.
>>
File: free shrugs.png (499 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
499 KB, 449x642
>>67501975

Just flash it if you're that worried.

I don't use my phone for anything so I don't really give a fuck if they steal my data.
>>
>>67503790
>>67504677
Missed the part about the apps. Yes, everyone is spying on you through apps. Everyone. If a small little app developer can do it to make a tiny profit, I imagine all others can do more.
>>
Chinks can have my data I dont care. I'd kill all 1.4 billion of them if I could and I dont care if they know it, edge be damned.
>>
>>67504836
>just flash it
fucking retard lol
then why do organised crime syndicates pay 10k a year for phantom security blackberries if they can just flash an android? these devices are compromised at both hardware and software levels
>>
>>67503256
Dear God...
>>
>>67505004
It's not to know what your political beliefs are. It is for advantages in the marketplace and in warfare. So, when you are out looking for a job in twenty years you will care who was better at spying.
Chinese and French are pretty notorious for having the government involved in the stealing of intellectual property and trade secrets.
>>
>>67505004
OP here
My point is your home country already has your data, but you're doing ok. Your not in DA FEEMA CAMPS (at least not yet). But if given the chance, do you have any doubt that the Chinese would enslave us all? There's a big global game happening, and every little thing contributes. I don't want to give the Chinese even the slightest advantage.
>>
>>67505166

My assumption is that those particular phones you're quoting block people from listening in on calls and reading your texts.

A cursory google search makes it seem like they provide their own secure network.
>>
>>67505665
They send encrypted messages to Phantom owned servers overseas that can only be sent to other subscribed Phantom devices. The second any information is sent to a compromised device (iPhone, Android, etc) it can be accessed on the recipient's end. Bikies use these phones to organise their business. They are useless to the average consumer.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.