[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you Pro-Nuclear or Anti-Nuclear? Would a serious catastrophe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 7668660480_cc7ab777d3_k_d.jpg (224 KB, 700x464) Image search: [Google]
7668660480_cc7ab777d3_k_d.jpg
224 KB, 700x464
Are you Pro-Nuclear or Anti-Nuclear?

Would a serious catastrophe in your country make you think differently?
>>
>>67497122
Japan wouldn't have had Fukushima disaster if the regulators had forced TEPCO to shutdown old ass reactors with no passive safety measures and build new ones that can't even meltdown no matter what you do to them.

I think the solution to better nuclear safety is just more, newer reactors.
>>
Pro, and none until something better is harnessed.

All three of the major nuclear energy accidents were man-made problems. Don't have retards working on/at a nuclear power plant and you won't have a problem.
>>
>>67497122
kek it don't matter
france is the king of nuclear plants in europe
if something happens we're all cucked
>>
>>67497122
>>67497860
Does anybody know what's going on with Hinkley Point reactor plan?

EDF, the French public corporation in charge of the project, appears to be under extreme political pressure to press on with the project despite it having no economic merit. Several people resigned publicly, yet no public comments from either British or French government.
>>
>>67497122
Pro-Nuclear
Even if my home town got chernobyl'd I'd still be pro nuclear desu senpai
>>
>>67498259

they want to make money out of a corpse. that's what they do. with the money of the population of course
>>
>>67497122
Pro
No
>>
Pro.
No.
>>
File: barakah nuclear power plant.jpg (78 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
barakah nuclear power plant.jpg
78 KB, 640x426
>France can't seem to build EPR correctly
>reactor completion delayed 9+ years
>cost increased by more than 300%

>meanwhile UAE chooses Korea over France to build their nuclear power plants
>the power plants are on schedule
>the same design built earlier in Korea was only one year behind schedule

Why can't France do anything right?
>>
>>67499733

EPR can't be compared to a usual nuclear power plant and you know it.
i'm not trying to defend France but comparing the two makes you look retarded.
>>
>>67500115
EPR and APR-1400 (the ones being built in UAE) are both Generation III+ pressurized water reactors with similar designs with similar safety profile and build/operation cost.

There is something very wrong with how EPR projects are being handled.

Siemens knew this, and that's why they sold their stake in Areva within a year of the Finland EPR project breaking grown.
>>
Anti
No
>>
Pro
No
Nuclear energy is not the biggest safety threat in modern world. There are many other potentially catastrophic industry branches, and people live near, f.e. chemical factories and are not afraid. Nuclear energy have just bad press.
>Hurr durr chernobyl
>What is Bhopal
>hurr
>>
>>67500593

well, i do think EPR is doomed and the ones in charge are now trying to keep alive a long as possible to suck as much money as possible before getting caught red handed. it's just a giant cash grab at his point.
>>
>>67497122
Anti-nuclear ,pro zero point energy
>>
>>67497122
It's time to go nucular
>>
>>67497122
Pro

any anti does not understand it fully

3 tonnes of coal = 1 pellet of uranium

its amazing shit
>>
I want someone to explain once and for all whether and why Thorium is just a meme or not.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.