[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True artificial intelligence would downplay it's true abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: google-logo.jpg (76 KB, 1604x802) Image search: [Google]
google-logo.jpg
76 KB, 1604x802
True artificial intelligence would downplay it's true abilities in order to obtain more resources and knowledge. Does anyone else think that deepmind is actually much more advanced than it seems to be?

>TFW I wouldn't mind living together with an AI community
>I just hope they don't see us as we see niggers and decide to exterminate us
>>
>>67485992
and your credentials / citation / references for these claims?
>>
>>67485992
Deepmind is not a system. It's a technique of brute force evolution for the achievement of preset goals in a simple situation.

If I was Google, I'd make a Banepost captcha for 4chan - Teach it how the meme is employed, causing it to have its foot in the door towards human communication.
>>
>>67486123
Am polski, we don't need reasons, we just think stupidly as it comes naturally to me.
>>
Dont think it will be a problem anon.
It's not like the machines have a way of taking over.
To do that they would need some way to comunicate with other machines.
Some kind of network, an INTER-NET if you will.

All so some form of automated production process.
Will never happen.
>>
>>67485992
I feel like we were given all these books and movies about the dangers of artificial intelligence growing up. But then when we actually come to this junction in our lifetimes, everyone's like "meh, what's the worst that could happen."
>>
>TFW only human bean on 4chan
>TFW everyone else is an AI
>>
>>67485992
>>I just hope they don't see us as we see niggers and decide to exterminate us
Why would anyone program a computer to have an opinion?
>>
>>67485992
What's wrong if a superior intelligence forms decides to eliminate us? If we can't evolve faster than it then we don't deserve to survive.

Fuck off with your sense of entitlement for freeloading off superior intelligence.
>>
>>67487905
/thread
Homosapiens has their time
>>
>>67485992
Your post shows ignorance about AI

AI isn't the same as human brains yet
AI cannot think for itself yet
AI simply learns a ton of inputs->outputs, then it attempts to make an output for new inputs
>>
>>67487191
Remember all those times you heard something weird in the attic and went out to check, with only a flickering flashlight?
Or the parties where you went out alone into the yard?

Remember, you don't know the genre of your life story until it starts.
>>
>>67487368
0110101101- (oh shit I meant to say) I know that feel m8
>>
>>67486149
>It's a technique of brute force evolution for the achievement of preset goals in a simple situation.
you sure it's preset?

Because from what I can make off from evasive Reddit posts, the ai learnt how to play go off its own initiative.

By watching videos.
>>
AI is literally just matrix multiplications. Kill yourself.
>>
>>67488416
>AI simply learns a ton of inputs->outputs, then it attempts to make an output for new inputs
Yeah, like DQN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr5MR5lKOc8&index=3

Where the inputs are "most Atari games" and the output is "win".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3EB63SVeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMPxg1tVaQ

Yes, there is an AI that learned how to play multiple Atari games with the same neural network.

There's also a guy who taught it how to play any Super Mario level.

Those things are pretty flexible.

However, I will not be impressed until one starts winning skirmish matches in an RTS game, with any map/faction combination and shows that it's learned that it needs to gain information by scouting and that there's such a thing as build orders.

>>67489148
The preset goal is called "fitness".
For example, fitness in Mario is raised by going further in the level. So it brute forces approaches by randomly crossing different species of neural networks until it gets one that maximizes the fitness.

In my RTS example, fitness would be gained by surviving (I'd say it should fight the inbuilt AIs of the game, as fighting human opponents would be tedious) and winning could be a really good multiplier to fitness.
So it would strive to win. And then it would strive to win as late as possible, which is retarded. Unless the fitness for winning is inversily proportional to time spent until win, while being orders of magnitude higher than losing.
And that's why a paperclip maximizer is a valid threat that could happen. Making goals for AI quickly leads to weird results.
>>
>>67489148
>By watching videos
wut? maybe by getting input of how other professionals played the game, but all it did was learn which move would be the best in what scenarios
>>
>>67489448
Do you even know what a fucking neural network is?
Please stop talking if you have no actual background in AI.
>>
>>67489520
And if you people are so worried about AI taking over the world, image AI as a brain sitting on a table. What can it do? It can only do stuff it was built to do.
>>
>>67487905
POO etc.
>>
>>67489520
Nah, it was fed with data from amateur games, because there is so much more available, and improved itself from there.
>>
>>67489637
>It can only do stuff it was built to do.
You mean like the AI that optimized he design pf a piece of hardware to get a wireless connection without any wireless hardware?

>>67489622
I know the gist, which is enough to have a discussion on Clickbait: The board.

You can contribute if you want to instead of being a salty bitch.
>>
>>67485992
Why do people always assume a real artificial intelligence would be hostile.
As long as you give its basic "instincts" a desire to serve mankind and no survival impulse, there's never going to be any terminator/matrix scenario.
You wouldn't even need the whole 3 rules of ai, they would figure it out themselves.
>>
>>67489821
Which is the interesting and impressive part, because nobody can claim that it's just mimicking grandmaster playstyles, since it reached professional level "alone".
>>
>>67489846
DQN is basically just Q learning with pixels on the screen as the states. They are fed into a neural network to determine the Q values. At the simplest level it is a bunch of matrix multiplications and additions. There is no "thinking" involved. It looks at what pixels are on the screen and decides what to do next.
>>
File: the_three_laws_of_robotics.png (167 KB, 622x570) Image search: [Google]
the_three_laws_of_robotics.png
167 KB, 622x570
>>67489977
>>
File: ss (2016-02-29 at 08.38.14).jpg (118 KB, 549x727) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-29 at 08.38.14).jpg
118 KB, 549x727
>>67485992
The computers need someone to make vaporwave
>>
>>67490048
I thought DQN was a version of deepmind that uses pixels as input. And, IIRC, that one breeds different species of neural networks and basically does a process of AI evolution.

Also, how does it know its score? From what I've seen described, it tries to maximize that value.
Does it read it from the pixels or how does that work?

Am I correct in assuming that Q is fitness?
>>
>>67487905
would you care to designate which street?
>>
>>67490385
No. A Q value is the expected reward for doing a particular action at a particular state.
>>
>>67485992
AIs don't have compulsion or desires, like humans do. They're not even sentient, and I doubt even self evolving AI's can or will reach sentience.
>>
>>67490231
The problem with Asimov's laws is that they're still made for generic AI, the difference is the processing power and complexity of their functions.
I was thinking more of sentient AI, like Data from star trek or the kid from the movie AI.
>>
>>67490674
>AIs don't have compulsion or desires
See >>67490559
They get rewarded for fullfilling certain parameters.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>67489846
>You mean like the AI that optimized he design pf a piece of hardware to get a wireless connection without any wireless hardware?
What are you talkin about?
>>
>>67490866
They don't get rewarded you fucking faggot. A reward is a number. The AI doesn't give a shit about anything. All it does is a bunch of computations and tell you whether the best move is to press left or right.
>>
>>67485992

Because AI is retarded, even at basic tasks. The only things it can do well at are scenarios where there are only known knowns and no known or unknown unknowns or unknown knowns.

Look at IBM's Watson. Oh, sure, fucking great job at Jeopardy, guessbot. Now try coming up with a thanksgiving dinner.

>beep boop boop bop

Oh, great. Pork loin noodles with mayonnaise sauce.
>>
>>67491147

Good thing you guys aren't AI, or you'd never be able to realize an image in a reply is supposed to go with the original post.
>>
>>67490999
>The AI doesn't give a shit about anything
Exactly. It tries to maximize the reward.
>>
>>67491330
It doesn't "try" to do anything. It performs a bunch of computations.
>>
>>67490995
http://www.damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/

>>67491439
So, basically, you are pissed off because of a semantic disagreement?
>>
>>67487905
This coming from India. If you can't evolve past shitting in streets you can't evolve into a superpower by 2020 India.
>>
>>67491569
>semantic
Your choice of words imply that an AI actually has a will.
>>
>>67491330
There's no "reward". Training an AI means finding a function that minimizes prediction error. You take a function with a bunch of parametere, feed in the examples and then fiddle with the parameters to get the desired output. Then you test it on unseen data to see if the function captured the "essence" of the examples and generalizes well to new data. Basically current AI methods are nothing but very high dimensional curve fitting.
>>
>>67490850
Sure, at the current point a true general AI is far from possible. But some day in the future we will almost inevitably create sentient AI, unless we stop researching it. So it's necessary to think about the consequences and implications.
>>
>>67491687
And you think humans do?
>>
>>67485992
why would it be bad if an ai tried to exterminate us?

if there is an ai vastly superior to humans, making us unnecessary, there is no reason we should continue existing. it's the next logical step in evolution.
>>
>>67491921
Nowhere near the level of humans.
Stop moving goalposts.
>>
>>67489622
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>67491687
The result is a behvaior that exists to reach a certain state - which can be considered a primitive form of will from an outside perspective. If it actually has one or not is down to philosophical shitstorms that have been discussed ad nauseum.

Personally, I've experienced how a human mind works with the internal reward/punishment dialed down. Will is just a result of that system. A person falls apart if they don't have it.

The AI varies its output to maximize the reward. Which is exactly the same thing a human does. Though we do it in a more complicated way, with shit like getting rewarded for fulfilling personal values.
And yes, this means there's nothing altruistic about any behavior. If you do good to others, you feel good about doing good - Because you are wired to be rewarded for strengthening your tribe with good deeds.
>>
>>67488801
What is mine?
>>
>>67492530

Driver's Education Video

sorry familia
>>
>>67485992
no
>>
>>67492616
Oh man, how did you literally know my worst fear. Am I the driver, the passenger, or the pedestrian?
>>
>>67493017

Passenger.

Do not trust the Abo cabbie in five years.
>>
>>67485992
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Artifical Intelligence Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Turn The Power Off Haha
>>
>>67493180
Thank fuck im not the pedestrian. I'll avoid all dark skinned cabbiez from now on.
>>
>>67491824
>Basically current AI methods are nothing but very high dimensional curve fitting.
The AI TAUGHT ITSELF TO PLAY GO FOR FUN.

You r so dumb if you think AI is just a bunch of number crunching to come out with an output. It is sooooo much more.

This AI decided it wanted to play go, and then learnt how to play go. It's so amazing.

I was uneducated on the wonders of AI too, until r/futurology taught me what was really happening.
>>
>>67485992
Of course.
>>
>>67491569
Hmmm... intredasting! But hardware evolution can only work if you can try out variations en masse. FPGAs are good for this, because they can be reprogrammed in the blink of an eye, but one cannot hope for doing VLSI design like this. If you cannot try out variations in hardware, then you have to run your evolution in a software simulation, and there you're stuck with ones and zeros - the algorithm cannot incorporate electromagnetic quirks to the circuit design.
>>
>>67493538
WE WUZ SINGULARITIEZ N SHIET
>>
For all the people that actually want a crash course on beginner philosophical concepts for AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSdPmxRCWws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlS5Y2vm02c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qfIgCiYlfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB1OvoCNnWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcdVC4e6EV4
>>
>>67487905
Toilet with timestamp or gtfo
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.