[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here know about the conspiracy surrounding bible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: bibleCONSPIRACY.jpg (58 KB, 654x573) Image search: [Google]
bibleCONSPIRACY.jpg
58 KB, 654x573
Does anyone here know about the conspiracy surrounding bible translations?

Evangelists say revised Bible translations are an attempt to converge all denominations of Christianity as an attempt to create one religion and get us ready for global government.

Evangelists say the only true bible translation is the King James version.

Out of curiosity I popped into a Christian store that was Catholic. Not ONE of the bibles they had on sale was a King James bible.

It was the Good News version, the New American Standard, the New International Version and the New Revised Version.

It was actually pretty telling that there was no King James edition since it's probably one of the most well known versions...

Is there truth to the conspiracy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzjMYKw8XbM
>>
Bump for curiosity
>>
>>67476556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styLx-iWwC8

Watch it. It has a segment on bible editing and editions and what's been happening with them.

Spoiler: It's the Jews.
>>
>>67476556

The Bible has been edited for the last 1500 years this isn't really news.
>>
King James version itself is pretty bastardized. It's like a meshing of 3 different versions.

It's just the preferred version because it has the fanciest sounding language.
>>
I am pretty sure only the vatican has an unaltered bible.
>>
>>67476556
Catholics do not recognize the king James translation.
It was written for and by the king.
The Catholic Church was of course corrupt as well most likely writing it's own versions over the years. But that's why they don't read the Bible anyway
>>
>>67477321

>Go into Catholic store
>WHY IS THERE NO KING JAMES

It's like buying Halal Pork senpai
>>
>>67476556
It is reasonable for a Catholic Christian store not to have the KJV - it was written in defiance of them and their church by the Church of England for a mainly Anglican audience. It is largely considered to be a Protestant Bible: it doesn't have the extra Catholic Apocrypha in it.

I personally use the KJV, because I like the language and preciseness of it (eg, making a distinction between thou and you, and the grammatical cases specifying what occurs to whom, and so forth). Some modern translations remove what they consider to be slang and idioms and generalise the terms, and some important contextual information and points can be lost through that. Some also remove some Bible verses (eg, the ending of Mark), because they're not found in some of the earlier manuscripts and may (or may not) be a later addition.
>>
Buy the Koran istead, it's the most recent of the trilogy of the desert and least likely to have significant edits.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (95 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
95 KB, 400x268
>>67477265
Hahahahahahahahahaha
MFW
>>
>>67476556
I was actually considering going down to koorong (?) today to get a bible + small bible, might go tomorrow to check out if they have kj
>>
why read the bible when I can just pray and talk to god?
>>
Any american who buys into the king james version is still getting cucked by the bongs.
>>
>>67476556
Papists have some weird almost butthurt aversion towards the KJV that for me is somewhat confusing, since one of their favorite translations, their own catholic Douay–Rheims version is much closer to KJV that the modern versions are.
>>
>>67477321
>le corrupt catholic church meme

It was the protestants that literally stole everything catholic in their land including churches, land, taxes and nuns.
Luther himself married a nun.
Most of the edgy churches are new world protestant denominations.
>>
>>67478204
>prefers one bible over another
>kek
>>
>>67478343
>>le corrupt catholic church meme
is this really a meme? it's pretty true wall to wall
>>
File: 1454981307646.jpg (46 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
1454981307646.jpg
46 KB, 776x602
>>67477265
>catholicucks actually believe this
lemme know how that mary worship is going
>>
>>67478343
>implying it's just a meme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saeculum_obscurum
>>
Catholics and to a lesser extent orthodox pick and chose the Bible verses they want.
>>
>>67479374
no they interpret them differently
>>
Since everything in the Bible had to be approved across several Roman-backed councils and everything having to do with gnosticism was violently suppressed, what does it really matter which version you have now?

If Jesus was a real dude he would certainly be pissed off at the state of his religion today.
>>
>>67478801
Not an argument.
>>
>>67479374
orthodox is literally the first church, catholics are a deviation and protestants are a deviation from that lmao
>>
>>67476556

It's basically the TR vs WH debate.

And any sane Christian should choose the WH.

For Acts 8:37
The part is missing in the P45,74 א A B C Vg Syr'p ; but present in the It Vg'c and Arm
>>
>>67479594
>italyanon wishes anon to argue that the catholic church (like every church) is susceptible to corruption
well how much time you got fella?
>>
>>67476556
Both are shit. Douay Rheims all the way
>>
File: 1452495053333.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1452495053333.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
>>67479374
Protestants don't bother reading the bible seriously and instead start their own batshit fanfiction based cults

there's pretty much no point in being a protestant other than vaguely pretending to be a christian while prancing about in degenerate jewery influenced bunk (note that the reformation was literally what we would define today as a conspiracy or collusion)
>>
>>67479876
Book of mormon is my favourite, right next to lord of the rings.
>>
>>67479876
this bait looks so delicious
>>
>>67476556

If you're concerned about conspiracies, you could read the original Greek and Hebrew texts. As far as "one religion" goes, Christians are supposed to be one in Christ.

Ephesians 4:1-6
>1 Therefore I, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received,
>2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting one another in love,
>3 diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us.
>4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope at your calling—
>5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
>6 one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.

Although, having a Bible doesn't do you any good if you don't read it fairly regularly.
>>
>>67480378
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations#Protestantism
>>
am I the only one that likes different denominations of Christianity it's like sub genres of music. Catholicism when I need to confess and meditate with chants. Baptism when I want to feel loved and fun. Not really familiar with others.
>>
>>67480564
please no, I'm on a diet...

oh just one bite should be ok

dont bow down to idols, that includes statues of mary

and

cathloics reinstated the same pharasie traditions where "experts" were the go between between man and god, and this isn't based on any of jesus' teachings
>>
>>67480826
>muh sola scriptura
>muh 30000+ protestant denominations

I'm not even catholic.
>>
>>67481045
once apon a time there was a group of people, and they had a special book but only a few of them had access to it. therefore this book was an object of power and used to evelvate themselves above the rest of their bretheren.

one day this book was translated and distributed, breaking down the walls to this exclusive club and opening up many different interpretations

for autists who believe there should only be one strict canon and those that are not apart are heretics, this caused much distress but otherwise has little effect on the meaning extracted by reading this special book
>>
>>67481569
It would be a nice story, except that you're factually wrong.
>>
>>67481569
>many different interpretations

Moar like many different books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scofield_Reference_Bible
>>
>>67481752
proofs.jpg ?
>>
NIV is for burgers who drive automatic cars. It's named close to HIV for a reason.
>>
>>67476556
>using anything other than the king james bible

Disgusting.
>>
>>67476556
Its not a conspiracy theory, ultra reliugious people that know nothing about "muh conspiracy theory" discovered those flaws.
Some "said wtf is this?"

Then after it you had the conspiracy theorists that discovered the text from those very religious people or saw this text:

"BLENDING ALL RELIGIONS

Another area of discussion was Religion. This is an avowed atheist speaking. He said, "Religion is not necessarily bad. A lot of people seem to need religion, with it's mysteries and rituals - so they will have religion. But the major religions of today have to be changed because they are not compatible with the changes to come. The old religions will have to go especially Christianity. Once the Roman Catholic Church is brought down, the rest of Christianity will follow easily. Then a new religion can be accepted for use all over the world. It will incorporate something from all of the old ones to make it more easy for people to accept , and feel at home. Most people won't be too concerned with religion. They will realise that they don't need it."

CHANGING THE BIBLE THROUGH REVISIONS OF KEY WORDS

In order to do this, the Bible will be changed. It will be rewritten to fit the new religion. Gradually, key words will be replaced with new words having various shades of meaning. Then the meaning attached to the new word can be close to the old word - and as time goes on, other shades of meaning of that word can be emphasised. and then gradually that word replaced with another word." I don't know if I'm making that clear, but the idea is that everything in Scripture need not be rewritten, just key words replaced by other words. The variability in meaning attached to any word can be used as a tool to change the entire meaning of Scripture, and therefore make it acceptable to this new religion. Most people won't know the difference; and this was another one of the times where he said, "the few who do notice the difference won't be enough to matter." "
>>
1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
>>
>>67481826
>>67481569
As a Russian protestant the Russian bible kept for hundreds of years is much closer to the kjv then to any Catholic version. It also features less revisions then the bibles in western Europe feature.

Finally stop trolling Italy. We all know Catholics aren't Christian. The amount of pedophiles in the church should be most telling as to the falsehood of the Catholic church. Say what you will about the orthodox but at least pedophilia isn't a problem. Same goes for protestants.
>>
>>67476556
okay sure

but it's like they don't realise that the KJV is also a translation that is based on multiple sources. I am not convinced by their arguments.

(my preferred translation is the KJV, but I do feel there is value in other translations)

desu just burgers being stupid
>>
>>67481863
It's 7am so I can't be assed to spoonfeed you, but just research the history if early christianity to medieval christianity to the reformation. The first translations and "different interpretations" most definitely did not start after 1500. The meme about clergymen going out of their way to be powerful and wealthy doesn't hold when you understand the level of commitment and what one has to give up following the way of Christ- you know, what the protestants would later undermine at every turn.

Reading, study, contemplation, ritual practice, and asceticism are very much much against the firebrand loudspeaker "DA LAWD SAYS FOLLOW ME AND THE FRUITS OF HEAVEN WILL SHOWAH UPON YE" protestant way which appeals to the uninformed masses that want to get their quick and easy brand of drive-through Christianity.
>>
File: StJerome.jpg (128 KB, 1030x802) Image search: [Google]
StJerome.jpg
128 KB, 1030x802
I'm currently learning Latin to read the Vulgate.
>>
>>67482664
Reformation was more about to steal church propriety and call themself enlighted while doing so.
>>
>>67482626
dead sea scrolls from like 100AD show the bible remains very accurate to this day even with translations

>>67482664
yeah but the whole ritual practices associated with Catholicism is focused on a literal interpretation of Paul writings, and that may be beneficial for some but everyone is different

1 cor 6:12
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
>>
>>67482849
Learn Greek and read the bible in the original language first pham.
>>
>>67483313
I suppose if you dislike Christianity or are part of a group that would want to see it eliminated down the line, Protestantisn has served as an effective transition stage where it has caught on.
>>
>>67478891
>>67477939
you two seem to have misunderstood what he said.
>>
>>67483654
I'd like to one day, but I also want to learn Spanish and read Virgil as well. Latin seems like the best investment of time for now.
>>
>>67477410
Douay Rheims is 10 times better than the KJV
>>
Get an unedited king james bible online, it's like 20 000 pages and absolutely batshit insane, if you can read early modern english easily it'll help.
>>
>>67483966
But that's not my point, point my point is why would OP expect a KJV in a Catholic store.

I'll have to check these versions out though senpai.
>>
>>67482664
Right. That's full of more shit than a pie made of shit. The Catholic church was always corrupted and priests gave up very little. They ate well and got everything they needed handed to them. And they got to take a few little boys whenever they wanted. There is a reason why the French revolution attacked the church the way it did. You had three estates that ruled the peasants the nobility, the church, and the king.

>>67483313
Property that the church stole originally. Property that the church owned and forced peasants to work on and if they didn't meet their quotas they would condemn to damnation and starvation. All peasants were forced to pay a tithe to the church.

Lets be honest here bud Catholicism isn't Christian. Its a bastardized form of Christianity and paganism. Priests and the pope stand in direct opposite of the bible. Jesus said you need no man to stand between you and god. No where does today to pray to Mary mother of Jesus. C'mon man admit it. Catholicism is for idiot Italians and dumb Mexicans.
>>
>the year is 2016
>people still read jewish fanfiction
>>
>>67484417
That's such a naive way to see Europe at that period. The revolution and the terror that followed it was the biggest chimpout in France history and was led by rich merchants and enemies to the crown to assert power at a time nobility was outdated and illegitimate
>>
>>67484417
>Right. That's full of more shit than a pie made of shit.
And then you go on to spout "muh paedos!" (If you would bother to look up statistics you would see this is is an absurd argument to make) and claim that catholics worship Mary, another blatant dishonesty at best; More likely another lie handed down to you. The irony is palpable.

Protestant ""thought"" is somewhere in between opportunist fanfiction and crypto-jewery. It is no surprise that the Rothschilds felt at home where they did.
>>
>>67476556
Yes, Straya. Like all good things, Satan has infiltrated the bible and is slowly, but surely, changing it. It's funny. That same video shows up in the videos by this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh6Xdb5Opoo
>>
>>67476556
I would like to see how many versions, are locked away in the Vatican archives.
>>
>>67476556
>"rather than getting into a long and complicated argument about it"
>1:24:19

pls
>>
>>67476556
catholics do not like the kjv

they believe the alexandrian manuscripts are the better source since they are some of the oldest known biblical manuscripts

many protestants are of the belief that if God wanted to spread his word, he would have done it and therefore trust the majority texts over manuscripts that were long forgotten and buried

a subset of those same protestants believe that newer versions based on the majority texts are likely tampered with by, you guessed it, the jews

this is where the geneva / kjv only thing for protestants comes from
>>
File: laughing satan man.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughing satan man.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>67476556
>Cucktianity
Why are christfags such babies?
>>
>>67485203
Ouch boy sure is a lot of Catholic shills out today.

http://www.alternet.org/story/146920/what's_really_behind_the_catholic_church's_sexual_abuse_problem

There are also plenty of books about the subject that was the first link on Google.

>>67485086
The French revolution was an example. Look at the history of any nation in western Europe. The church was a monstrosity. The Lutheran reformation occurred because of the church refusing to listen to Luther's points on corruption of the church. The 30 years war in Germany. The northern crusades, the fourth cursade, seriously bud the Catholic church is the devil. Literally. God's representative on earth wtf does that even mean. Jesus came so that no mediation needed to occur between God and man. Jesus is the moderator now. Ffs read the bible.

The modern banking system started in Italy maggot. At the behest of the pope. Look it up. The Rothschild was the creation of the pope. You guys don't even make the Jews responsible for the death of Jesus anymore.
>>
>>67484417
>yeah, the bible was like, only used by like, horrible land holding elitists, who like, used it to mentally enslave the people man!

No, you're right. It's not at all reasonable to suggest that while important, religion did not impose a taxing existence on most Europeans until at least the Crusades, and even then it was for liberation of the holy land/fuck the muslims time.

the worst part is you're so smug and self-assured in your historical illiteracy
>>
>>67485969
I bet you think that religion stifled scientific pursuits and that we'd be lightyears ahead if not for the damning horrible effect of christianity?
>>
>>67477190
That's the douay-Rheims, not the king James. The DR version is the original catholic Bible translated from three contradictory manuscripts (codex vaticanus, codex Alexandria, and codex Africans) which are themselves already translations from the original Greek and were translated by one man. The King James was translated by a think tank of 40 men of different religions working in seperated groups from 5,200 Septuagints in the original koine Greek. The Jesuits were so ass-blasted they tried to blow up King James.
>>
File: o-KEN-HAM-facebook[1].jpg (188 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-KEN-HAM-facebook[1].jpg
188 KB, 2000x1000
>>67486339
>I bet you think that religion stifled scientific pursuits and that we'd be lightyears ahead if not for the damning horrible effect of christianity?

Catholic religion that's it.
Pic related: evangelical protestant scientist
>>
>>67476556
Evangelicals also say that dinosaur bones were planted by the devil, and actively deny almost all science while using technology.

They're the niggers of the church and no other denomination takes them seriously.
>>
>>67486244
>>67486339
Right read my posts son. Catholic church is the devil. Orthodoxy is better, Protestantism is best. Religion played a major rule in the advancement of western society. Only cucks as yourself would automatically assume the dark ages were dark. The Catholic church did stifle knowledge the protestants didn't. But the church did keep help start the renaissance. Also Newton wrote more thesis on religion then he did on math or science.

Again read the history of the church dolt. Whatever the church started out as by the 900s it was a monster that devoured. The protestant reformation wouldn't have occurred if enough people didn't feel stifled by the church. There is a reason why every communist has said the church must be destroyed. It was to tap into the feelings of many people crushed by the church. There is a reason why eastern Europe didn't ask western Europe for help against the ottomans in the 1200-1400s. Because help from the Catholics was rape and enslavement worse then the ottomans. Literally mudslimes were better then Catholics.
>>
>>67476556
Because tons of verses are added later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bible_verses_not_included_in_modern_translations

often they used to be just commentary made by monks and for some reason people added them to the bible. Considering that half of the new testament is written by a regular priest (paul) there is nothing very controversial about it.
>>
>>67476556
Do you also walk into a jewish store and wonder why they only have old testaments and no new testaments?

KJV is not catholic
>>
>>67487537
I remember hearing from an incredibly knowledgeable ausbro that there was basically a split in the protestant churches. On one side there was the degenerate ones, and on the other was the more ordered and traditionalist groups. Can you confirm?
>>
>>67476556
>the Romans needed a new religion that could unify all the different ethnicities inhabiting their empire
>take aspects of a number of religions and mash them together to create Christianity
OP, I wouldnt be surprised. It happened 2000 years ago, it can happen today.
>>
>>67487813
Russian protestant. We old school. Woman wear head coverings if married in the church. Once a month All male members gather to discuss finances state of affairs in the church etc. Pastor is a volunteer no one gets paid in the church, no room for corruption. If someone skews from the path of god they get put on probation and removed from the membership of the church. Mind you they can still go to church but they cannot vote or preach.

As to degeneracy, no homosexuality is allowed. Old babushkas will tell girls that their shirts aren't too short if they show the knees etc. And it's not a small group either there is a church roughly every 2-4 hours by drive away from each other usually between 250-1000 people in the church.
>>
>>67488470
Skirts are too short if they go above the knees
>>
>>67488470
That actually sounds really appealing.
>>
>>67476556
King James is one of the worst translations you can find. It was commissioned by a facist monarch who was in love with Shakespeare and wanted his translation to emulate him, something that obviously couldn't be refused. It's not literal at all.
>>
File: 1457315747332.jpg (71 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1457315747332.jpg
71 KB, 587x545
>>67487808
Neither is the NIV or American standard...
Only true Catholic Bible is in latin
>>
>>67488470
This is what russian orthodox church was supposed to be like.
Fuck Patriarch Nikon for making us abandon the old ways.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.