[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"IF EVERYONE HAS A BACHELORS DEGREE THEN NOBODY HAS A BACHELORS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: gorilla.jpg (6 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
6 KB, 228x221
"IF EVERYONE HAS A BACHELORS DEGREE THEN NOBODY HAS A BACHELORS DEGRE"

I guess if everyone is literate then nobody is. Y'all niggas laughable
>>
>>67476420
>every bachelors degree has the same worth
>>
If everybody is literate it isn't factored into job qualifications.
If everybody has a degree it isn't factored into job qualifications.
>>
If only a few people were literate, they would have more worth than those not
Because everyone is literate, standards are higher and it is harder to find a job on that merit
>>
>>67476420
ALL X THEN NONE X only works when distinguishing prestige - not baseline expectations.
>>
>>67476420
Since most people is literate, even the shitiest of jobs like Mcdonalds will demand literacy, even though you dont really need to read to flip burgers. If everyone had a degree, then those minimus wage jobs will ask for degress. Every employers always hire the most qualified person avaiable for that job, which would mean you would neee to finish college to get your first shit job. If everybody had degrees, teenager unemployed would be through the roof since they dont have that degree yet. Finding that first shit job would be hard.
>>
>>67476420
Sheeit mane, opression ya'll gnome I'm sayin?
>>
>>67477089
be qualified for a job is not just about a degree

a big strong 16 year old is always going to get a farming job over a skinny beta faggot with a women's study degree

in fact many employers won't hire "over qualified" people with degrees because they are afraid they will just leave the job soon when they get a better offer or they will think they are better/smarter than their co-workers and managers and not listen to them
>>
>>67477282
In the UK, it doesn't matter what degree you get, it just show the employer commitment and constancy.

What degree it is only matters if you are in a lab or workshop, most people work office jobs over here. Degrees are a filter against uncommitted people
>>
>>67477282
Most jobs dont require strenght in big cities.
>>
>>67477833
yeah for certain jobs that is true but letting an employer know you have a law degree when applying for a job at a shoe store will likely get your application thrown out
>>
>>67477945
there will always be shitty job for teenagers without degrees even in the impossible situation that every adult has a degree

one simple example of this is an employer that would want a young person that is subservient and easy to control and not some smart ass college grad that thinks they know it all
>>
>>67477982
No it won't, I had a higher national diploma an when getting my engineering degree and I applied for fast food, I was instantly offered shift manager
>>
>>67478085
They are also cheaper, our minimum wage for over 25 will soon be £7.20 and hour.

Under 25 = 6.7
Under 21 =5.10 or something like that
Under 18 = 3.7 or something like that

Apprenticeship wage is like 2.63
>>
>>67478217
They must have been desperate or they don't care about wasting time training people who could leave at any time for a better job.

Here in the States being over-qualified for a job is a real thing. I know several people that have been told this when not being hired and I also know people that are in the position to hire people that have told me this.

I used to not put my grad degree on applications to shitty jobs I know I wouldn't have for long and if something happens with my current job I and I need a shit job I will likely do it again.
>>
>>67478217
>fast food

No shit dude, turnaround rates are already pretty high. Most just hire for the now not for the future
>>
>>67478217
>>67478591

also I read that wrong

so you were still at university ? they knew your situation and it likely wasn't full time time or permanent

and jobs with high turnover will hire anybody that is why degrees want ever be mandatroy
>>
>>67478591
The people who are qualified for minimum wage are stagnant on their career and don't have a good work ethic.

There is no real training for things like fast food, they spend no real resources, I was taught by my manager the opening and closing procedures of the shop. If ou have common sense, you only need to be told once and will just need to do practise once or twice.

There are a lot of usless people in this country
>>
>If everyone has a dollar then nobody has a dollar
Literally no one thinks like this.
>>
>>67479246
yeah but if everybody had the same amount of dollars nobody would clean public toilets
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 928x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 928x696
>>67476420
>walking on uni campus
>see nigger with his mate acting hard
>he walks at me
>i walk at him
>we shoulder check
>both turn around
>oi you wanna go or somethin
>you bumped into me
>no you bumped into me
>laugh, smile, tap his shoulder
>i am gonna be late buddy
>walk off
#rekt

had a crowd of 50 people watching
girls panties moist
my dick hard
such is a day in my life
>>
>>67476740
That's why you send your kid to boarding school at age 3. Also then you only have to deal with them on school holidays.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.