[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me today at work >Work for major US bank >Primaries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: pepesi.jpg (41 KB, 800x807) Image search: [Google]
pepesi.jpg
41 KB, 800x807
>Be me today at work
>Work for major US bank
>Primaries tomorrow
>Boss mentions last week that we will all be given overtime this week and that it is manditory.
>Realize my manditory overtime will keep me from voting
>I will literally lose my job if I go and vote.

What do, /pol/?
>>
send somebody in your stead?

dont you not need id?
>>
>>67473457
Well that sounds like a whole new level of unconstitutional.
Surely there's some higher-ups you can complain to?
>>
>>67473457
Holy Shit, are you at Wilshire?
>>
>>67473457
Vote for Trump.

Get new job when he Makes America is Great Again.
>>
>>67473534
Nobody cares.

>>67473552
Afraid not. Are you being told this cancer as well?
>>
>>67473457
>manditory overtime

i have an off-topic question.

i'm a recovering NEET and know so little about employment.

can employers really do this?

also:

i always get calls from my boss asking me to work on my days off. i decline. can i be punished for this?
>>
They legally have to give you time off to vote.
>>
>>67473630
In my state, they can give you manditory overtime and fire you if you refuse for non-medical reasons.
>>
>>67473457
I had a similar issue at work for the Iowa caucus. I simply told my employer that I am going to caucus and come back to work. He tried making an excuse and I just said "C'mon, you really want to make an issue out of trying to keep me from voting?" He agreed it wasn't worth the hassle and that was that.
>>
Absentee ballot
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 432x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 432x439
>>67473457
Cant yall niggers postal vote?
>>
>>67473747
I'll talk to my kike master tomorrow. I have a feeling my political choice is showing and this was planned.
>>
>>67473616
Yeah, stuck til 7pm at the earliest this whole week.
>>
I'm calling bullshit on OP.
>>
>>67473787
Not after the deadline.

It seems that the bank waited until after the deadline to notify the employees.

If you work for BoA, kill urself my man.
>>
>>67473694
They have to for the election in November, but I don't believe they have to for the primaries.
>>
>>67473874
. . . You called it.
>>
>losing your job because voting

Uh, I thought that was illegal?
>>
>>67473883

No, employers are required to give their employees time off for any election. Voting is a right.
>>
>>67473796
Exactly what happened to me. Word got around that I was a Trump supporter then I end up forced to work extra on caucus day. The longer version is that I pointed out that nobody else was being kept from voting.

Just make it clear in a polite way that he can't keep you from voting. Offer to make up the time and that should do it. No employer wants the headache that goes with keeping you from voting should you want to make it an issue.
>>
>>67473874
>Not after the deadline

Which is, of course, why wagecucks ALWAYS NEED TO VOTE EARLY. You idiots never learn.
>>
>>67473457
>>67473747

Most states legally require businesses to give employees 2 or 3 hours off to vote. Check this list to read about your state:

https://www.shrm.org/legalissues/stateandlocalresources/pages/timeofftovote.aspx
>>
>>67473457
They cannot legally keep you from voting. Go vote, then come back
>>
>>67473457
who cares
go vote
sue them if you get fired
>>
>>67474105
>yee

Case dismissed
Workers can't be threatened or fired because they are election officials ("precinct officials"). They have to tell their boss 30 days ahead of time that they will need the time off.
>>
>>67473457
call boss a nazi racist for suppressing your vote and threaten to call Al Sharpton
>>
>>67473949
I thought the primaries weren't official elections though? They are done by the parties.
>>
>>67473457
Go and vote.

You can get a job on the deportation squads or building the wall.
>>
>>67473457
This is why you early vote, fag
>>
>>67474282
if you are in a state that allows for time off to vote (not all of them do) then primaries count too
>>
>>67473457
polling usually opens around 7am (or earlier / later). Just tell boss you had car trouble (flat tire, battery ran down and you needed a boost, etc) and are running a bit late. Run in and vote and DON'T TELL ANYONE.
>>
File: 1458012222765.jpg (205 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1458012222765.jpg
205 KB, 720x720
>implying voting matters.
Enjoy voting for your pre-(s)elected president.
>>
>>67473457
Your boss cannot legally prevent you from voting.

If he fires you for this, you can sue for a big settlement. Explain the situation to him, if you work at a bank chances are they are intelligent enough not to throw themselves off the deep end with a potential lawsuit that could bring negative press and cost them millions
>>
>>67474105
>login required
>>
>>67473457
>polls not on saturday
top americuck
>>67473534
I'm reasonably sure that "primaries" are Democrat and Republican, not actual elections held by the United States of America
>>
File: oh for fuck's sake.jpg (91 KB, 674x422) Image search: [Google]
oh for fuck's sake.jpg
91 KB, 674x422
>>67474535
>>67474535
>>67474535

Ah, I found the page by googling:

are employers required to give time off for voting

...and clicking the first link. It seems to work that way.
>>
>>67473457
Civil rigts groups are you solution.

Also local press.

Maybe a banner put on the main office at night. Call him out as commie.
>>
>>67474774
don't get primaries and real elections confused
>>
>>67474847
from the page at >>67474774 :

In addition, many states have passed early voting laws, allowing voting in advance of Election Day. Unfortunately, these laws—which are relatively new—aren’t yet coordinated with the laws allowing employees time off to vote—which are relatively old, cautioned John B. Phillips, an employment attorney with Miller & Martin, which has offices in Atlanta, and Chattanooga and Nashville, Tenn. What should you do if an employee requests time off to vote early, since the statutes permitting voting leave refer only to leave on Election Day? “It seems to me that the best practice would nonetheless be allowing the employee to take time off to vote early in the same way you would if the employee had made the request for Election Day,” Phillips said.

There are two reasons for this, he added. Every state’s public policy is to encourage voting in elections. “If you deny an employee’s request to take time off to vote (even if there’s a technical basis for doing this given the specific language in your state statute), you could violate your state’s public policy. And even if you don’t, you probably don’t want to become the poster child for employers who make it difficult for their employees to vote. Voting is a hot-button issue, and the media would likely give a lot of publicity to this kind of situation.”
>>
>>67474984
That's talking about following the spirit of the law and letting your employees go off and vote early for the actual elections, cuckster
Although I agree that no sensible employer would want to risk something like this blowing up in their face, they should be perfectly willing to let someone go and vote in a primary. Do you work 12 hour days, though? Why can't you drop by before or after work?
>>
>>67473457
>You do not vote.
>Sanders/hillary wins
>Loose job anyway.
>>
>>67475867
Kek this
>>
unless you're in Ohio and intend to vote Trump, no worries.
>>
>>67473457
You MUST vote.

Break a finger if you have to to get a medical leave.

The destiny of the world depends on you. There is nothing more important than that.
>>
>>67473457
Absentee ballot
>>
>>67473949
This. NYC you can take an hour or is it two? to vote during your work time.
I get out by 2pm so i have plenty of tiem to vote.

Fuck you your job OP, fuck the jew you work for and vote trump!
>>
>>67473457
Do you not have a lunch break? Just skip it one day and then take 2 hours the next, have a trip down to the polling session.
>>
>>67473457
Post your bank's name and i'll write them a nice e-mail for ya.
>>
File: image.gif (8 KB, 256x264) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
8 KB, 256x264
>boss can issue mandatory overtime at any moment
>can prevent you from voting

Do you burgers have like zero rights? The kikes really have cucked you, it's not even a joke.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.