[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that almost every single solitary fucking politician
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: Presidential golfing.jpg (81 KB, 970x674) Image search: [Google]
Presidential golfing.jpg
81 KB, 970x674
Why is it that almost every single solitary fucking politician ever to become elected President seems to instantly become addicted to golfing.

I've golfed before and I have to say it is the most boring thing I have ever done. I can think of a million more interesting activities.

I went golfing once with friends and halfway through I got so bored, I went to the club house and got a canister filled with vodka and just sipped on that the rest of the way through to entertain me somehow.

1. What the fuck is appealing about the game? I've had more fun visiting cemeteries.

2. Why do President's seem to get addicted to the most boring game in the world?
>>
It's an elitist game that they played before they were president
>>
It's because it's something to do while you talk business.

It isn't supposed to be too intensive. It's relaxing. Also, poor people tend to stay away.

When you have some influence you will understand.
>>
>>67461766
>Golf
>Not GOAT
>>
>>67461766
>Become leader of the most important country in the world
>Literally deal with shit that means life or death for millions of people
>Learn secretive government shit that would cause lesser men to go fucking insane
>Have the media attacking your ass 24/7, not to mention your family
>People literally talk about assassinating you everyday
>Have to walk around looking over your shoulder
>Only break from it all is hitting a ball into a hole in the middle of nowhere

Do you really blame them senpai?
>>
Because you can practice by yourself. How could POTUS play team sports? Who could he play with? His schedule wouldn't allow it anyway.
>>
>>67461766
>swinging hard at something
have you ever wanted to bash someone's head in? i bet they have plenty of pent up rage.
>>
>>67461889
It's the most boring fuckery in existence.

At first I thought the need for the golf cart was just laziness but I see why it's needed now, you need something to keep you awake.
>>
>>67461912
I'm not poor, I've played it, it's boring as fuck, the only way I could make the game interesting was getting drunk.
>>
>>67461766
It has remarkably little to do with the game itself. It's just a good excuse to get outside which isn't easy for Presidents to do.
>>
>>67461766
Dude that has got to be the most stressful job in the world.

Can you really blame them if they want to stand out in the middle of lush, green, quiet, tranquil nowhere for a few hours and quietly concentrate on hitting a ball into a hole, instead of concentrating on nuclear situations or ghettos all around the nation or the shitcan that is the middle east and the reporters that won't stop fucking with them?

If I were president I'd hire the biggest manliest Swedish dude to massage the fuck out of my tensed up back and shoulders every day. No homo.
>>
File: cheer.jpg (12 KB, 236x144) Image search: [Google]
cheer.jpg
12 KB, 236x144
>>67462195
>It's the most boring fuckery in existence.
My sentiments exactly.
>>
File: 1241314932920.png (8 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1241314932920.png
8 KB, 570x533
>>67463115

>Manly
>Swede
>>
>>67462245
99.9% of your time in a position of influence is spend garnering information from colleagues or solidifying contacts/relations.

Golf lets you do all that while having some slight amount of fun.
>>
It's were the vast majority of important deals are made. If you want to shake and bake with the big fish, it's absolutely essential.
>>
>President's seem

Go back to watching UFC, Pablo.
>>
>>67463674
This. Every single politician worth a damn can play golf, not because its fun but because it is a casual and relaxed sport that gives you plenty of time to discuss things with others.

Yes, its boring, but what the fuck do you want the president to do with other politicians? Go fucking shopping?
>>
Cause you can drink and drive while playing and play for the rest of your life

It's great
>>
>>67462162
Obama plays basketball against high level staffers. Think it was Nixon or Johnson who had a bowling alley built in the White House basement. So it's not just golf but it's the most visible activity.
>>
File: dsc_7396bis.jpg (1 MB, 2805x1863) Image search: [Google]
dsc_7396bis.jpg
1 MB, 2805x1863
>>67464145
Cave diving.
>>
>>67464145
Basically this
>>
My childhood best friend has gotten hundreds/thousands of dollars added to his salary for learning golf and playing with his bosses. It's where you get to be close to the important people, and where important people get to relax and get to know you.
>>
>>67461766
Golfing is fucking excellent. Spending 4 hours with your buddies hanging out whacking some balls around
>>
>>67461766
Golf is great. No poor people allowed.
>>
>>67461766
It's one of the few sports that older gents can still play.
>>
>>67463115
>>67463426

faggots
>>
File: slide-01.jpg (325 KB, 1440x1000) Image search: [Google]
slide-01.jpg
325 KB, 1440x1000
>I've golfed before

No you haven't.

You've rented some clubs and embarrassed yourself before probably, but you've definitely not golfed before.

It's one of the world's great pastimes.

You see a President golfing, and you think he just suddenly decided to take up golf?

Uh-uh, golf is a lifetime sport. It's sometimes you against your friends, or you against some co-workers, or you against your boss. But mostly, it's you against golf.

A great golf shot is a thing of beauty - a true work of art. If you are standing 200 yards from a tiny hole, you settle on your strategy, address the ball perfectly, watch it sail exactly as you'd planned, trickle up onto the green and slowly roll to a stop 6 inches from the hole - that is a memory you will always have.

Seriously. One single perfect shot will stay with you forever - it can make up for a whole summer of shit-tier golf. You'll replay it in your mind 1000 times before you die.

No, sorry OP, but you've never golfed. If you had, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
>>
>>67465452
golf is for faggots. you're a faggot.
>>
>>67465536
You leaves are really pushing your boundaries
>>
>>67465647

Agreed. And once we take off the hat, we're not putting it back on.
>>
>>67464145
>Go shopping

I would pay so much money to see Political Mean Girls.
>>
>>67461766

1) I don't know
2) because if you're president you probably get access to the most exclusive golf courses in the world... shit that most people will never get to set foot on in their entire lives. Courses people pay thousands of dollars to play.
>>
>>67465647
That person is not a real Canadian. Golf is summer hockey.
>>
>>67461766
Because golf is a good sport for people who want to relax yet also want to better themselves at an activity. It's not as fast paced as sports like tennis, and it's more of a competition against yourself than it is against the other players. You can focus on improving your own game and not have to worry about 'beating your opponent' because the only way to beat your opponent is golf is to just be a better player overall. You don't need to mind game the opponent, trick them, get the read on what they're going to do, etc. because you can't interfere with their gameplay. It's like playing a single player arcade cabinet, and then looking at the score board at the end to see who's the "winner." Bowling is the same way.

That kind of sport is perfect for businessmen who just want to relax but also stay active.
>>
File: pissers.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pissers.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>67461766

golfing is relaxing and a hell of a lot of business and political decisions end up being made on the links and in the clubhouse and not in 'official' venues like congressional committees or in full voting

you'd be amazed how often some of the caddies have input on decisions or are asked for their opinions, too

i 'witnessed' a multi-million dollar pharma bill get 'pushed through' taking a leak in the clubhouse men's room by two guys pissing on either side of me

and, no, they didn't shake hands, lol, and it was like i didn't even exist to them
>>
>>67465536
excellent post
>>
>>67461766

I run a golf course and play in many of its tournaments. I can confirm it is a boring sport to watch, but playing is alright if you're any good, but I would rather be out shooting guns instead.
>>
>>67466147
You only say that because Estonia is too poor to build a good course.
>>
>>67466147
Where's your gif
>>
Private property. Gated access. Clear lines of sight. It's easier to manage security at a golf course than any of the other "in public" sorts of outdoor activities. Doesn't require as much infrastructure as a boat.
>>
>>67466777
Muslims might be hiding in the sand traps though
>>
>>67461766
Its the only team sport that can let you talk while you are playing
>>
>>67461766
It's the same appeal as fishing in my opinion. It's a boring thing to do, to me at least, but it's laid back and you can bullshit while doing it.
>>
Love how Jeb was not invited
>>
A game where you stand alone in the middle of a wide-open field, where nobody can hear you or what you're saying to each other.
>>
>>67461766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4w7H48tBS8
>>
>>67461766
it's not about the golf, its about who you golf with

if you think it sucks its cause your friends suck
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.