[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be full blown libertarian society >the responsibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
>be full blown libertarian society
>the responsibility of the roads go to the people
>one hick farmer claims ownership of the only road within hundreds of miles
>charges $600 to cross it

How the fuck will the free market fix this you dumb shits?
>>
>>67457466
Buy a helicopter.
>>
>>67457466
Most libertarians support states rights, which means local communities owning/maintaining roads.

Keep strawmanning though. It works for the regressives.
>>
>>67457663
Then this is not an ideal libertarian society you utter piece of shit.
>>
>>67457466
>full blown libertarian society?
shoot him and take his road and farm.
>>
>>67457466
There's still going to be a small state that pays contractors to build and maintain the roads. The money it costs to do basic shit like that is peanuts compared to how bloated the government is now and how much is overextends despite it's huge income.
>>
File: offroad.jpg (210 KB, 640x909) Image search: [Google]
offroad.jpg
210 KB, 640x909
>>67457466
>>
Set up a road block on his road.
>>
>>67457857
Not your ideal strawman you mean
Youre confusing it with anarchy
>>
>>67457556
you mean claim it.
>>
>>67457466
>Not just flying over it in your hovercar.
You said, "full blown," libertarian society.
>>
Hire private security firm. When Cletus attacks, blow him away, pillage his home and rape his infant children. Free market saves the day once again.
>>
Simple. People wouldn't pay to cross it, take another road, and the farmer would have no choice but to wither abandon it or lower prices to balance out the cost of maintaining it, which he'd have to do to keep it, you know, a road. But then again, as other anons said, this isn't a libertarian society, it's anarchy.
>>
>>67457466
find another route

or

build a road parallel and only charge 5 bucks to drive your competitors price down to a similar value
>>
>>67458924
Did you miss the part where he said "only road"?

Burger education, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>67457466

>libertarian is the same thing as pure anarchy
>we can live in a world where pure philosophies and theories can be executed perfectly
>im a fucking idiot
>>
The true libertarian thing to do with roads is to allow human freedom to the people and let them job on the road which will preserve the road and we dont need taxes for it anymore and the police r gone but u can simply just moniter the roads with ur friends at night

anyone who disagree is fucking fetrded
>>
File: roadcorp.png (14 KB, 504x896) Image search: [Google]
roadcorp.png
14 KB, 504x896
>>
>>67459087
>who will build the roads if the government doesn't?!?!
Really mate?
>>
>>67457466
you don't let one person own roads used by many people. people whose property are adjacent to the road should have a share in ownership
>>
File: 1303282001949.jpg (19 KB, 228x264) Image search: [Google]
1303282001949.jpg
19 KB, 228x264
>libertarianism is the same thing as anarcho-capitalism

Ah, one of /pol/'s oldest strawmen
>>
>>67457466

Build another road and charge 300.

The volume will pay off.
>>
The Constitution gives the government the authority to build and maintain roads.
>>
more liberty things to do would be to allow the roads to have natural rights so that we do not murder off the roads and make them bad roads

next we are going to allow people to have freedom to money and they can grow money at home with a money packet and we are friendly people

next we libertyrians are going to allow ppl to be allowed people to go to the freedom wherever they want

you see the consitution was made to protect us from roads we need to allow ppl to stay on their own property instead of traveling over property

in libertarian we stay home on our most freedom zone and everyone should stay in theirs and grow their own and feed their own
>>
Murder
>>
>>67457857
That's anarchy, not libertarianism you jackass.
>>
>>67459426
Road Corp goes out of business. Also, in a libertarian society you wouldn't be able to legally physically entrap people.
>>
A real libertarian would just build a new road along side the other road. Did you just wake up or something OP?
>>
File: 1383888117922.jpg (75 KB, 498x510) Image search: [Google]
1383888117922.jpg
75 KB, 498x510
>>67457466
I'll amass a group of investors to loan me money to hire a private military firm to seize the road and burn the hick farmer's house down with him in it. I'll then establish a reasonable toll for using the road and use the brand recognition and good public relations from my reasonably priced toll road to expand my business into other toll roads and turn Road Warrior LLC into one of the most profitable companies in the world.
>>
how i as ron paul libertarian will change roads is to allow the roads to have a say in government

they are a corporation and are given human rights as people

the roads should have decisions to answer
>>
>>67457466
Walk next to the road
>>
libertarian belief 101

who needs pavent? lets make roads from the grass
>>
this thread is dumb
>>
>>67459164
doesn't matter. tomorrow they will spout the same argument. that's the only arguments i hear about libertarianism and they get repeated over and over by the same people. its the political equivalent of "evolution is just a theory" doesn't matter how many times you tell them the definition of theory they'll just say it again tomorrow
>>
File: Muh Roads.jpg (103 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
Muh Roads.jpg
103 KB, 600x429
>>67457466
>No one will cross it
>The maintenance of the road is costly
>His road is making a loss
>He will have to lower the price
or
>Someone else will build an alternate route cheaper and make a profit
or
>Because of free market capitalism we don't need stupid roads anymore because of our flying cars or whatever
or
>Implying he doesn't let people drive on the road for free and instead profits on commercials

There's litterary no difference between roads and other types of businesses already owned by free enterprise. Pretty much all roads today are built by private contractors and you're fucking stupid.
>MUH ROADS
>MUH ROADS
>>
>buy an entire area surrounding a town and its airspace
>never let anyone trespass through it or over it without being killed
>town starts to starve
>promise food deliveries if they work for you
>now you have a town of slaves
>>
>>67457466

> be born in libertarian paradise
> parents die in car crash
> no other relatives
> spend childhood foraging in forest, working for nothing or whoring yourself out

Such is life.
>>
File: 1457905848738.gif (386 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1457905848738.gif
386 KB, 360x203
>>67458288

I SPENT ENDLESS HOURS ON THIS FUCKING GAME YOU HAVE NO CLUE I SWEAR TO GOD I WASTED SO MUCH OF MY LIFE WITH JEWISH GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Libertarianism = / = Anarchism

/thread
>>
>>67459426
Nobody would ever go to A, obviously...
>>
>>67459426
>air rights
>mining rights
Sounds more like statism to me.
>>
>>67457466
claim ownership of the farmer and tell him to go grow weed and quit giving a fuck about the road.
>>
>>67461469
Maybe they should have worn their seatbelts instead of being fucking dumbasses if they cared about their kid then.
>>
File: download (45).jpg (8 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
download (45).jpg
8 KB, 264x191
>>67460115
People literally do that all the time
>>
>>67460738
>can just claim rights to huge patches of land and make others stay out
That's literally the opposite of libertarianism, fucktard.
>>
>>67461469
If you're a cute, well behaved kid you'll be adopted. If not, Darwin
>>
>>67462044
Desire paths are a physical embodiment of failed urban design. any desire path that well-worn should be paved over.
>>
why would the government not regulate the roads and spend tax payers' money to maintain them? Why do people never understand that libertarian society still has government and laws and regulations?
>>
Is this a serious question?

A) If he charges that much, nobody will want to use his road (because they literally) and he makes no money.
He'd make more money with thousands of customers paying $10 than zero customers paying $600.

B)It leaves him open to competition. Some other enterprising non-retard will just come along and build another road, charge $10 for it, take all the customers and all the money.

I didn't need my fucking business degree to tell you this.

This is basic shit /pol/, come on.
>>
>>67462207
>implying there is anything wrong with dirt paths
You must be one of those SJW faggots who thinks everything should be paved to make it a little easier to cross on a wheelchair.
>>
>>67459723
Libertarianism is not compatible with The United States Constitution and would have to make their own.
>>
>>67457466
Build another road
>>
>>67463774
That's my biggest fucking problem with liberalism that I just recently became redpilled on.
Where in the constitution does it say a lot of bullshit that's law. How can they justify all of this? Why has nobody ever made a serious effort to stop this. If it's not in the constitution it's not the government's fucking job.
>>
>>67457466
Shoot the faggot in the face, appropriate his belongings and enslave his family.

Trying to charge me money, how dare that motherfucker.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.