[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are pollacks investing in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: gold.jpg (106 KB, 476x361) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
106 KB, 476x361
I'm just messing around with robinhood because it doesn't charge extra for stock purchases, and because I'm a pleb. Charging 5-10% on pricier stocks like for Alphabet is kinda shitty anyhow.

What are the rest of you investing in?
>>
File: precious metal.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
precious metal.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
.99999 Copper bullion
>>
>>67454417

Lol seriously?
>>
>>67453618
Gold like a normal person
>>
Palladium. Much rarer than gold and platinum.
>>
>>67455235
How well will it sell after the societal collapse?
>>
>>67455296

Doesn't that seem like a fairly silly question given with enough force any warband chieftan and his droogs could just take either from you?
>>
>>67455020
You can actually use copper for shit unlike gold.
>>
>>67455599

>Muh swords
>Muh wire

Lol no brah, you need to invest in steel
>>
>>67455498
there would probably never be a collapse on that level. a total economic collapse and a restructuring of the system is more likely. you'd probably be forced to sell it to the bank if we went back to a gold standard
>>
>>67453618
Nothing I just went all cash because we're about to take a nose dive off the fucking precipice.
>>
>>67455498
Totally irrelevant

>>67455235
Palladium, platinum and rhodium don't have the same history or legacy about them that gold does. They also see more use in industry as catalysts etc than gold does, so if the economy goes belly up, these metals may be more likely to receive a negative price movement. It's additional risk.

Silver and gold would be best for majority holdings in my opinion, but some other platinum group metals would be ok. Most people dont know what palladium or rhodium are though, so keep that in mind if you are planning for a semi apocalypse
>>
Weed.
>>
>>67453618
>investing in gold instead of investing in equipment in case SHTF
>>
Gold is the best all around investment for a semi Apocalypse
>>
>>67455729
Well what are we talking about here, OP just said investing. Copper will increase, this is known. If collapse of civilization occurs the only thing you should investing is guns and bullets.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Silver, gold, food, water purification and survival/ hunting gear.
>>
>>67456089
Medications and/or recreational drugs.

These two things are really great, because no matter what happens, their prices will inevitably spike.

So stockpile things like long shelf life antibiotics, benzaldehyde and nitroethane, lol, and painkillers
>>
>>67455599
>The most important industrial use of gold is in the manufacture of electronics. Solid state electronic devices use very low voltages and currents which are easily interrupted by corrosion or tarnish at the contact points. Gold is the highly efficient conductor that can carry these tiny currents and remain free of corrosion.
>A small amount of gold is used in almost every sophisticated electronic device. This includes: cell phones, calculators, personal digital assistants, global positioning system units and other small electronic devices. Most large electronic appliances such as television sets also contain gold.
>Gold is used in many places in the standard desktop or laptop computer. The rapid and accurate transmission of digital information through the computer and from one component to another requires an efficient and reliable conductor. Gold meets these requirements better than any other metal.
>Gold is used as a drug to treat a small number of medical conditions. Injections of weak solutions of sodium aurothiomalate or aurothioglucose are sometimes used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Particles of a radioactive gold isotope are implanted in tissues to serve as a radiation source in the treatment of certain cancers.
>>
>>67455807

Wouldn't cash be pretty much useless if we really fell off the precipice though?
>>
If you're planning for a total economic collapse, any non tangible assets you own will immediately become worthless.

Which means that if you actually want to hold a significant amount of copper, you will need to have it tangible.

Plus,copper will only be valuable when there is industry to use it.
>>
>>67456383
Prices don't matter if you can't stop niggers from raping and murder you and your family. But yeah some drugs are ideal.
>>
>>67456383

Tbqh I think drugs would probs make the best investment post apocalypse actually, or guns. Ones that wouldn't be easily manufactured after society collapses would prolly see a huge price spike (at least if you can negotiate better than a fuckwit.)
>>
>>67456466
Copper is used more widely in electronics than gold, also in drug testings. Enjoy your more expensive gold plated hdmi cable though retard.
>>
>>67454417
>all that room
>not even $1000 worth

maybe you're onto something though with the usability. But I imagine copper is easier to fake than gold
>>
File: 63933129.jpg (46 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
63933129.jpg
46 KB, 618x412
>>67457607

I don't really see the price surging a great deal either before or after an apocalypse though, regardless of it's usability. It'll be even shittier if the world doesn't end and they ever pull off industrial graphene production.
>>
Guns and ammo.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.