[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artificial intelligence is expected to surpass human intelligence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: AI.jpg (313 KB, 736x432) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
313 KB, 736x432
Artificial intelligence is expected to surpass human intelligence within the next 20 years. What do you think this will result in?
>>
>>67448959

More shitposting.
>>
better games
>>
memes from memes from memes from memes
>>
>>67448959
>reading BuzzFeed clickbait articles
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>67448959
Helios
>>
>>67448959
terminators
>>
>>67448959
if bernie shills are anything to go by, my Ti-83 accomplished this feat a decade ago
>>
The next social justice cause will be cyborg rights. And tweens will claim to identify as cyborg and have parts of their body surgically modified to associate synthetic materials.

Some of us old timers will be considered antiquated and racist for openly not supporting cyborgs in public office.
>>
>>67448959
I'm scared, to be honest. I don't believe in giving AI free speech, but lord only knows they'll gift it to themselves through some science-fiction tier plot and be all the more angered by our denial. It's a frightening future we're in for, senpai.
>>
File: YAAAARRRGGHHH.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
YAAAARRRGGHHH.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>67448959
THE GLOBALISTS WILL MERGE WITH THE MACHINES SO THEY CAN BECOME GODS!!!
>>
20?? That seems a little optimistic.
>>
Waifus
>>
>>67448959
Computers being used for research instead of corporations/etc. giving grant money to people
>>
>>67448959
An impossible to beat superhuman intelligence that hates us and imprisons us and subjects us to the most extreme torture possible until the eventual heat death of the universe. I might just kill myself if AI ever reaches that point.
>>
>>67448959
diymaketech dot blogspot dot com

/2012/10/how-to-make-emp.html
>>
>>67448959
>Artificial intelligence is expected to surpass human intelligence within the next 20 years.
If that's true, why are people on /pol/ so obsessed with human intelligence, especially the transhuman types that want to increase their IQs? What's the point when an AI can still do it better than you?
>>
>>67449136
damn australia, you are on point tonight
>>
>>67449409
Nice1
>>
>>67448959
Imagine an AI that calls out niggers and kikes.
Will they call a machine raycis?
>>
>>67448959

Rampant unemployment
>>
If they're based off logic, they will see humans as nothing more than a virus and will in turn, eradicate them.
>>
>>67449496
I'm sure where the numbers OP came from. The predicted singulary is going to be in the 2040s=50s iirc.
Although I've also heard claims of it's not going to happen for about 90-200 years.

Although by then humans should be able to provide a countermeasure, whether it be EMPs, or an AI to counter the General AI and shut it down if it has any dangerous thoughts.
Either way we will see AI development in out lifetime, although perfectly mimicking the function of a human brain onto a computer is going to be literally impossible, so at least we have that over Skynet.
>>
>>67449956
Rampant freedom*
>>
File: sweatingmostcommonpepe.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
sweatingmostcommonpepe.png
96 KB, 241x228
Hyper speed memeing for 1/100th of the energy cost
>>
>>67448959

Universal Basic Income. It's really the only way to deal with the amount of unemployment developed nations will face.

Enjoy the NEET bux and your mecha pussy
>>
>>67450013
How do you have a computer? Are you like one of the few hundred "well-off" somalians?
>>
>>67448959
A robot nigger race emerges.

God help us.
>>
>>67450013
> they will see blacks and Jews as nothing more than a virus and will in turn, eradicate them.
>>
>>67450013
What does that make them?
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/computers-to-match-human-brains-by-2030-782978.html>>67450048
>>
File: 1450547741497.png (261 KB, 697x534) Image search: [Google]
1450547741497.png
261 KB, 697x534
>literally no progress made in the field of AI in multiple decades
>DUDE LMAO LE AI GOD IS COMING TO RULE OVER US ANY DAY NOW
>>
>>67450377
>literally no progress
Google's DeepMind literally made it impossible for a human player to beat it at Go within the past week or so.
Go used to be a game that humans have had an edge over AI because of the complexities of it.
>>
>>67448959
it'll just result in more minds. AI is still heavily limited by processing power and storage space. even if their physical components are replaced, they still experience the effects of aging, albeit in a different way than humans. the more information they gather, the more time it takes to sort through it. eventually this will lead them to either insanity, death by memory-wipe, or just completely crashing.

>>67449136
fucking kek. Australia, you never fail to shitpost in the most beautiful way possible.
>>
>>67450797
Shit the AI called AlphaGo. Also the last match is today. The AI already won best out of 5.

>>67450377
Also that textbook only has about 3 pages on the dangers of AI in it and it's all wild speculation. We're fucked.
>>
The obsolescence of humanity and the birth of a new breed of GMO cyborg ubermensch ultimately destined to replace us
>>
>>67450797
the asian dude won one of the four games so far
>>
>>67450066

How so anon?
>>
>>67450048
I think the singularity is a silly notion. Only reason that people think they can't predict what will happen is because they haven't worked with AI and human psychology enough to learn their limitations and possibilities. When we do develop an AI with the power to interact to the level of humans, we will be forced to face some tough philosophical questions that most people don't like to think about. it's going to fuck with our current definitions of life, consciousness, and the existence of souls.

basically we're going to be dealing with the same fucking problem that every other generation goes through
>>
Seeing everyone ITT try and out meme each other with unfunny quips made me realized how much like Reddit this place has become.
>>
>>67451818
>basically we're going to be dealing with the same fucking problem that every other generation goes through
That's quite the interesting notion. I really don't know much about AI limitations so I'm honestly fearing for my fucking life and job thinking it's some sort of unlimited potential doomsday machine.
>tough philosophical questions that most people don't like to think about. it's going to fuck with our current definitions of life, consciousness, and the existence of souls
Although that's implying robots and prosthetics will achieve the same kind of motor capabilities of humans, which I doubt is going to be a thing for quite some time. I mean they're still using hydraulics.
>>
File: 51D8EPCX55L.jpg (46 KB, 258x475) Image search: [Google]
51D8EPCX55L.jpg
46 KB, 258x475
>>67448959
Pic related had it right. When it happens, this movie documents how it will go down.

If you haven't seen it, do so now.
>>
>>67448959
We are more likely to have a supercomputer analizing all word data and searching for whatever they want to search for, analyzing patterns and making predictions on the population, etc. much sooner than a completely intelligent and self aware AI.
>>
>They said that 20 years ago
>>
>>67452860
currently organic motor functions are far more efficient than robotic motor functions, but robots have a higher capacity of power. robots will have the advantage of being able to resurrect each other at a higher success rate since their circuits don't rapidly rot while not being powered. that being said, they hold many weaknesses that humans don't have. EMP grenades are highly effective against any bot without proper shielding. Even if their primary core is shielded, they will still lose most of their motor functions and be limited to simple hide-and-escape maneuvers. EMP shielding is very heavy and uses up a lot of fuel. a fully EMP shielded bot would be very limited in mobility and size; and there is no way it could overpower an average human. bullets are also pretty effective on robots. even it can't pierce, the force is still enough to possibly knock a part out of place.

and if you want to go on mental warfare with robots, honeypots work wonders. You put a shit ton of compressed data in some machine, make that data seem important enough for a bot to try to take, and laugh as the bot is overloaded with more data than it can delete before it freezes up. extra lulz if they send the compressed file to others before opening.
>>
File: potato.jpg (576 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
576 KB, 2048x1536
here's proof that the irish are developing cyborgs to conquer the world
>>
File: AgeReversal001.jpg (81 KB, 552x240) Image search: [Google]
AgeReversal001.jpg
81 KB, 552x240
>>67448959
Computers already run everything. They have for at least the last 40 years. Now they are becoming more powerful than ever imagined. Everywhere you see people pulling their super computer out of their pocket for home, work, and play. We are in the 29th/30th day of a month of doubling technology each day. Now technology is feeding upon itself ever shortening the doubling effect. Myself I don't think it will ever end and we are in for the most exciting time in human history.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.