[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transhumanism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (713 KB, 2349x1999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
713 KB, 2349x1999
Hey /pol/ prove me that transhumanism is not the future of humanity

Protip:you can't
>>
>>67431518
It is the complete opposite of humanity
>>
File: HrCA93k.png (112 KB, 536x582) Image search: [Google]
HrCA93k.png
112 KB, 536x582
>>67431518
kurzweil pls go
>>
>>67431649
/leafthread
>>
>>67431518
Part of being human is being mortal. While I think transhumanism is cancer, it can provide the tehnology to cure the disabled. But as far as Tyrone getting a whitey neck crusher or getting a white guilt firmware update for your shell that shit should never happen.
>>
>>67431518
Machinery will never best the human anatomy, just won't happen. We're so ridiculously precise and efficient it shouldn't be possible. No way we could even replicate it never mind improve it.
>>
File: 1387102338416.jpg (79 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
1387102338416.jpg
79 KB, 640x358
protip: the matrix was actually based off a DoD white paper predicting the future of warfare and we're experiencing the beginnings of it with VR.
>>
File: Salalmander_cover.jpg (113 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
Salalmander_cover.jpg
113 KB, 600x803
>>67431518
It'll never happen because we're too busy playing identity politics. All I want is immortality and a chainsaw arm so I can crusade eternally against Commies.
>>
>>67432265
Nice try bonglander. Organic structures are intricate, but they are far from efficient.
>>
>>67432497
The entire world is built to sustain our bodies, and each resource that we run on is completely renewable.
Explain your view
>>
>>67432759
A vast majority of the energy we intake is lost as heat. Roughly 25% of what goes in is converted into actual work. While that's not bad considering that gasoline engines in cars are just starting to break 20% efficiency. Furthermore our resources are only completely renewable as long as the sun is around and we don't pollute all our water.
>>
>>67433256
>the vast majority of energy we intake is lost in heat
[citation needed]
And even if that's true, why is it bad? It allows us to have self repairing, adaptive muscles and blood.
>as long as the sun is around
So a few hundred billion years, then we move to another solar system.
>>
File: cyber_surgery_1454900583821.jpg (544 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cyber_surgery_1454900583821.jpg
544 KB, 1920x1080
>>67431518

I'm sad that I will miss out. By the time it's really developed I'll be too old or too dead to take advantage of the really cool shit.

Maybe when I'm 90 there will be the possibility of an advanced & fully augmented robot body for what's left of my senile core.

> I'll be too fucking poor to afford it.
>>
>>67431518
People are currently recreating brains cell by cell in supercomputers, there's going to be a choice for you to upload your brain to a computer and it will be exactly like you from the second you upload it, giving you the chance to live forever but it won't be actually you, more like a copy
>>
>>67433750
>http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2011/11/mpg-of-a-human/

It's bad because it's incredibly wasteful. Metal can be recycled flesh just rots.

Assuming we last a few hundred billion years wasting nonrenewable resources like minerals and fossil fuels, how do you think we could manage to travel to a new solar system without becoming robots?
>>
>>67431518
You should watch Texhnolyze
>>
>>67434567
>flesh just rots
Only when you die. It would be much easier to remove the hormone that triggers aging than it would be to become a robot
>travel to other solar systems without becoming a robot
Cyrosleep.
>>
>Transhumanism
>Trans
>Humanism

Two times cancer dosen't mean cure.
>>
>>67434984
>hormone triggers aging
Im going to need to see a citation that isn't wearing a tinfoil hat. Aging is a natural process of cell division.
Cryosleep is still also way more resource intensive than just being stored in a robotic shell that can be reactivated on a timer. You'd also have to account for bringing things that organic beings need like oxygen and food which is going to increase the amount of fuel you need to break orbit.
>>
>>67434567
Flesh rotting is a form of recycling

The matter doesn't evaporate into nothingness, it gets incorporated into other biological lifeforms.

The equivalent would be a robot being taken apart by some kind of nanotechnological grey goo.
>>
File: 6465777.png (2 MB, 2192x2680) Image search: [Google]
6465777.png
2 MB, 2192x2680
>>67431518

The motive of transhumanism other than large scale construction projects or some shit is to reject the creator. If you've ever meditated and left your body and experienced the raw bliss of Christ/God/Whatever you want to call it you'll never really get what I mean.

>>67434984
The Earth is easily provable to be a flat non-rotating disk structure with the solar system moving around it, and the constellations as the bible says are reflections of how the body works, or angels (el=saturn=nearest to the waters above=most like god).
>>
>>67432112
I don't have a problem with you believing this so long as you don't enforce your belief on everyone else.

If I want to be a transhuman horror with 9 tentacle appendages, able to fork my consciousness into other bodies while simultaneously fucking myself, that's my goddamn right.
>>
>>67434088
Will the robots also have emotions like love and depression or can these sections of code be reprogrammed. And if they can then that means they can reprogram compassion. Literally terminators in the making.
Mind fucking blown.
>>
>>67432265
What about things like bionic eyes or ears? I would say they have a pretty high potential. Wouldn't it be possible to have greater than 20/20 sight, being able to zoom in/out, being capable of infrared vision, being able to toggle between super sensitive/muting your own hearing, picking up sounds you otherwise couldn't hear, etc?
As of now, it seems to be really just a matter of hooking them up to the brain properly to utilize the full potential.
>>
>>67436690
>zoom in and out
Try moving closer to the thing your looking at, then report back with your findings.
>>
>>67436946
Guess we should throw out our microscopes.
>>
Oh yeah, I can't fucking wait for the government to be able to control my fucking body
>>
>>67437318
Wait we have microscopes? Guess bionic eyes would be pointless then
>>
>>67437520
So you're admitting that something mechanical is better than something organic?
>>
File: commissar holt.jpg (59 KB, 569x585) Image search: [Google]
commissar holt.jpg
59 KB, 569x585
>>67431518
The human form is sacred
To defile it is to sin against the species
>>
File: 2052.jpg (251 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
2052.jpg
251 KB, 1200x1200
>>67437403
That's what you get for using hardware/software that doesn't respect your freedom.
>>
>>67431518
ww3 will kick off the transhuman age
get fucking hype anon
>>
>>67437758
I'm saying that you don't need to put a microscope in your skull to have a microscope
>>
>>67437980
With 7 billion people on this rock I'd say we should be actively trying to economize our space. Whether or not you're personally okay with augmenting your capabilities as an entity is your business.
>>
While the average internet transhumanist is a fucking retard who doesn't understand his own ideology, it is quite obvious that it's the only way to attempt escaping entropy.

If we are lucky and some retarded war that ends in total nuclear rectal armageddon doesn't ruin it for us all, we may just hit mortality escape velocity within 30 years.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.