[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fate of this Ohioan's vote is now in your hands, /pol/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (550 KB, 1240x821) Image search: [Google]
image.png
550 KB, 1240x821
The fate of this Ohioan's vote is now in your hands, /pol/. I am undecided and will cast my vote based on the most compelling argument posted. I tend to lean more liberally when considering healthcare reform and social matters, but am approaching this post with an open mind. Thanks, /pol/!
>>
>>67428923
Why are you asking a board that spouts trump memes all the time who you should vote for
>>
>>67429106

Because I want to see if anyone can present a rational argument supporting his stances.
>>
>>67428923
just fuck shit up and vote for Trump
>>
>>67428923
>>67429313

I'll bite if you ask a more specific question. What's your biggest concern? Healthcare?
>>
...supporting his stances.

Bloody sexist male pig. Women post here, too, asshole. Take a sensitivity class
>>
I think the only real reason you need to vote for Trump is that he seems to be the only candidate in years that understands one essential fact.
We are the single most powerful nation in the world. Not only do we have the most powerful Army and Navy. But we also are closely competing with Saudi Arabia in oil.
He is smart and will not let us get pushed around. Shit like the whole Crimea situation will never happen with him in charge.
>>
>>67428923
The greatest problem in the United States is the crippling level of political correctness which has now infected every aspect of the society. Trump has shown that he alone is willing and able to destroy it. Also, Trump is high energy. Let's give him a chance.
>>
>>67429498

Yes, it's mostly that I want to see a system that doesn't encourage people to be without healthcare given the burden it places on hospitals when the uninsured are repeat ER visitors (much of the time for issues best left to a primary care provider).
>>
>>67429731

That's a fantastic point, and it has been refreshing to see somebody confront the PC problem that's running rampant right now.

Complete side note: fuck affirmative action
>>
>>67428923

Just vote for trump mate...the other gop candidates dont stand a chance.

if you dont vote for trump you might aswell vote for fucking bernie

enjoy watching your country collapse if you vote for bernie
>>
>>67430105
I really think that that is what Trump is trying to accomplish, overall. I even think that's why he named his book "Crippled America", because he knew that by using the word "crippled," he would cause certain word-banners to freak out and show how ridiculous they are, etc.
>>
>>67428923
Trump is
>against TPP
>against common core
>pro second ammendment
Kasich is none of these things
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
Vote for Kasich is like republican Hillary, Cruz is a Goldman Sachs liar, Trump is the only one not bought out either. Fight the shit establishment GOP because if they win nothing changes
>>
>>67430965
I wouldn't call him anti-2nd, he's signed a lot of good shit for Ohioans. He can't be trusted though, he has the AWB hanging over him and won't renounce his vote.
>>
>>67429902

Okay. Throughout the course of his career, Trump has said repeatedly that he wants everyone to have coverage. He even used to be for a single-payer Canadian system. He openly admits this.

Over time, he's changed his position on a single-payer system, and yes, he wants to repeal and replace Obamacare/ACA. Everyone should. The ACA is a horrible system for all involved and actually one of the only things both sides should be able to agree on. As a Republican myself, if you put a gun to my head and asked me to have universal health care and the ACA/Obamacare, I'd pick universal. It's that bad.

The main way he wants to enable this is to eliminate the artificial state line restrictions on competition. For example, a business owner in New York can only negotiate insurance with a New York insurance company or an insurance company registered and regulated by that State. He wants to get rid of this, effectively increasing competition and forcing insurance companies to lower the costs to businesses and individuals in order to win their business.

Something you mentioned:

>I want to see a system that doesn't encourage people to be without healthcare given the burden it places on hospitals when the uninsured are repeat ER visitors (much of the time for issues best left to a primary care provider).

As it is now, post ACA, both hospitals and the primary care providers are hurting even more. Deductibles and copays are so high, people aren't going to the doctor when they should. Then they go to the E.R. for the emergency. That's why you see so many hospitals merging together and forming "super-hospital" networks. And that's why PPO's are dropping like a stone and HMO's are on the rise. Hospitals can only accept HMO's and still stay competitive.
>>
>>67430105
>Affirmative action helps women and minorities get into university
>become majority and suddenly White Men are preferred
>SJW's get angry and push for politicians to change it
life is suffering
>>
>>67431389
>>67429902

Further, something that people in our modern era seem to discredit (for reasons I have no idea) is he's flexible on the issue. He's willing to negotiate and adapt his position if somebody can provide an alternative with a proven track record.

Health Savings Accounts are one area where he wasn't for, but were shown to have a proven course, and he's acknowledged that could be yet another option to offer people and that is worth looking into.

This has become an underrated trait in our modern society. For some reason, people believe that you should make up your mind when you turn 21 and hold those positions until you die.

Yes, certain principles should form a person's foundation. But to be completely inflexible detracts from the political process and undermines the democratic values of a republic. Despite what the media may have shown, Trump has shown time and time again that he is willing to work with people to get things done. He may push and prod and poke, but that's just to draw the best out of people and ultimately reach the best answer for the time.

Like some sort of scientific method of negotiation. See where a person's coming from, push them to give a good answer, defend their position and prove their results.
>>
>>67431389
do you think that removing restrictions on insurance providers will fix the system?
>>
>>67428923
On the Republican side you have two alternatives right now.
Trump or a contested convention that would hand the election to an insane warhawk like Kasich who wants WW3 with Russia.
On the Democrat side you have the insane warhawk Hillary who wants WW3 with Russia.
>>
>>67428923
My dubs say you will feel the Bern
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.