[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old is too old for military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (387 KB, 465x558) Image search: [Google]
image.png
387 KB, 465x558
So serious question here. I am 26 years old, but I would really like to eradicate mudslides from the earth provided trump becomes president and calls for the final crusades against the Middle East.

Now this may take 1-2 years to happen, so I could be 27 or 28 at this time. Do I have any chance of joining the military? I am in pretty good physical shape bros, been lifting 1 year and by that time will be 2-3 years lifting.
>>
>>67410328
Do you have a college degree? If you don't, there's more applicants then there are openings so good luck being picked over some 18 year old kid. The actual age cutoff is different for different branches, but older applicants are expected to have experience or degrees.
>>
>>67410328
I believe the age limit is 35. Because your older than the usual 18-20 candidates your physical tests will be slightly harder
>>
>>67410605
No college drgree per say, but I graduated from an HVAC program and am universally certified to fix ice machines, air conditioners, refrigerators, chillers, etc etc.

Is this needed at all in the military?
>>
>>67410979
I'm not military, but seems doubtful. They train their own people in stuff like that so I doubt there's any shortage.

If you have HVAC certification why don't you just work in HVAC? You can make loads of dosh doing that. I know a guy and that's all he did since he was like 18, he's in his 30s now and he's practically a millionaire.
>>
>>67410979
In any case, just apply and see what happens if you really want to join. Nobody here could tell you definitively what'll happen.
>>
>>67410328
>but I would really like to eradicate mudslides from the earth provided trump becomes president and calls for the final crusades against the Middle East.

I like the cut of your jib, m8.
>>
>>67410328
We had some 30 year old when I went to basic. As long as you dont have any major health problems you should be good.
>>
>>67410328
>but I would really like to eradicate mudslides from the earth
edgy

Enjoy hanging out with 19-20 year olds
>>
>>67411847
Go home before it's too late, Achmed.
>>
>>67411393
They don't train their own people for that kind of thing these days, it's all contracted out for twice the cost overall.

>>67410979
You could probably get in but expect to be trained to do something else. What they really need more than anything these days is grunts because young people don't want to go kill and die in the desert for some reason. Also intelligence, the Snowden thing really crippled the contractor side of things so they're desperate for military candidates these days. At your age it won't even be a problem anyway, you won't even need a waiver if you're in good health.

That said, you'll make far more doing civilian stuff with HVAC training than anything in the military unless you go officer.
>>
>>67411847
Enjoy having no freedoms m8
>>
>>67411847
You're not to old, OP, but this guy is right. Everyone you'll meet in Infantry is about 19. Leadership is mostly Mexicans. No shit. I don't think I've met a non-Mexican infantry sergeant in a long while.
>>
Masters in math, what can I be expected to do if I join the military.
>>
>>67412053
Not in the Corp. I will say Hispanics do make good marines but, squad and platoon leaders are 90% white
>>
>>67411993
Thanks for the input bro.

It's less about the money and more about having conviction in my belief that these disgusting animals are ruining the world.

I honestly don't think I would feel fulfilled with my life if I died without fighting a mindless jihadist
>>
>>67410979
There is an MOS that deals with that. You'll have a lot more expected out of you during Basic and AIT since you're not a punk ass kid straight from high school. When I went through we had plenty of people that were mid 20's going into 30's. No one really gives a shit, if they do they're kids with some hot opinions that will end up getting fucked up sometime during the cycle.
>>
>>67411993
>They don't train their own people for that kind of thing these days, it's all contracted out for twice the cost overall.

I know 2 people who came out of the military as certified electricians. One of them works at Disneyland now repairing shit.
>>
File: Krusade.png (266 KB, 526x481) Image search: [Google]
Krusade.png
266 KB, 526x481
>>67410328
> but I would really like to eradicate mudslides from the earth provided trump becomes president and calls for the final crusades against the Middle East.
>eradicate

Holy shit, are we the same person ?
>>
>>67412575
Sounds like you're better off joining some private military group then.

These days the military doesn't really do much actual fighting, it's mostly pushing a button and watching things explode.
>>
>>67410328
If you had a degree that would be quite standard honestly...

I got my masters and waited a year and there are more like that.

If you want to join in with the grunts at 26 you are probably going to be slightly older.

>>67412301
Depends what you apply for, go for the Airforce or Navy you can probably get something cushy honestly.
>>
File: 1431401166091.png (136 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1431401166091.png
136 KB, 325x325
>>67410328
>I am 26 years old
>but I got nothing going on
>would really like to eradicate mudslides if no other options are available

OP you're a faggot.
Should of done this when you 18.
Everyone knows why older men enlist ...
>>
The only thing you will ever eradicate is yourself.
>>
>>67413803
Why?
>>
>>67413888
And Pakistani sand niggers who live in the UK need to all be killed as well, every last one.
>>
>>67413803
If you scroll down you will see I work as an HVAC tech. In fact I make around 45,000 a year and life is pretty swell.

What would make you believe only people with nothing going for them would want to remove violent religious fanatics from the earth?
>>
The only thing you will ever eradicate in your life is yourself.
>>
>>67412301
In math? Mostly finance or logistics. Some opportunities in intelligence, too. They'll definitely push you to be an officer though.
>>
>>67413888
Don't be scared my yellow teethed friend. Britain isn't part of the Middle East... YET
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.