[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
millenials and student loans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: millennials.jpg (2 MB, 2188x1372) Image search: [Google]
millennials.jpg
2 MB, 2188x1372
Why are millenials so irresponsible compared to previous generations? I live near a university campus and all i ever see is millenials blowing their loan money on parties and booze. What is the problem with this generation? You spend what you don't have on what you don't need and expect Bernie Sanders to rescue you.
>>
>>67408301
>loan money

Must be an american thing.
Almost every young people here have no debnt.
>>
Because people in college
1) have rich parents
2) know they're not gaining any skills (for those not in STEM - the vast majority)
3) know they'll be crushed by debt to gain a useless piece of paper so they've already said fuck it and are addicted to drugs and alcohol and casual sex
>>
>>67408807
>muh STEM
>muh skills

Enjoy making $70k your whole life because Panjeet and friends drove down your wage.
>>
I'm 22, I'm not in school right now, but I work for 15.75 at 40 hours a week.

Last year i took care of a $6000 car loan in 7 months, and since October last year I've gone from a couple hundred in my account to $7000

It's not that impressive, but I'm a lot better about my finances than 95% of people my age. My generation fucking sucks
>>
Millenials are just retards. They need a war like the rest of us had to level the fields. I served in Vietnam and my father fought the japs in the pacific. Millenials are just surplus population.
>>
>>67409537
do you think that will do you for life? honest question
>>
>>67408301
Millennials have never had responsibility. If they drop out of school it's the schools fault. If they fail classes it's the teachers fault. If they commit crimes it's societies fault. Giving them a 20k loan and telling them to use it responsibly is going to fail.
>>
>>67410119
Wonder who are the "victims" of the whole Trump University thing?
>>
>>67409732
Working for $15.75/hr? Hell no, I just wanted to figure out what I wanted to go to school for before getting there and jacking off and wasting a bunch of money
>>
>>67408301
>using loan money to party

ya no. The majority of students work to pay living expenses and have some leftover cash to sped. The reason they aren't saving it is because they were promised by their teachers and high school counselors a college degree would lead to a relatively high paying job.
>>
>>67409089

Is that somehow not better than earning an English degree?
>>
>>67408301
When I used to study, it seemed like half my class was taking student loans along with the goverment scholarship, that every student could get, while the rest of us had a student job alongside that scholarship.
They would then spend their money on drinking, expensive, but unnecessary shit, and wonder how the rest of us had money for anything.
>>
Lack of foresight? Entitlement? Plain old stupidity? I worked my ass off in the summers of grade 10, 11, and 12 so I could pay them immediately and also got high grades so i got thousands in scholarship money.
>>
>>67409089

>complaining about 70K as a depressed wage
>ib4 someone bothers pointing out that cost of living goes up

Look at this first-worlder over here.
>>
File: woman.jpg (39 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
woman.jpg
39 KB, 620x350
>>67408301
>entitlement mindset
>prolonged-adolescence
>little personal accountability, responsibility -- instead, group responsibility; herd mentality
>>
No one in America should be paying for college. If you are too dumb to not be able to get a full ride scholarship then you shouldn't be attending college in the first place.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.