[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you support the death penalty? If you do, let me tell you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: deathpenalty.jpg (175 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
deathpenalty.jpg
175 KB, 1280x960
Do you support the death penalty? If you do, let me tell you why you really shouldn't.

If you do support the death penalty, even if it's just in the absolute rarest occurrences, that means you have to accept the fact that innocent people get executed from time to time. That's murder committed by the state, innocent people locked up and murdered. Are you ready to support that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exonerated_death_row_inmates#United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution#United_States
>>
I find it distasteful. However, some people's lives really have no value due to the crimes they commit and everyone would be better off if they were to be put down. So I guess I support it but with great reluctance.

The very fact that we have so many people on death row is a symptom of having a very sick and dysfunctional populace. A truly great society wouldn't need it.
>>
>>67406469

Death penalty is a glorified lynch mob.
>>
>>67406469
Yes, as long as the victim's family wishes for it
>>
>>67406469
>that means you have to accept the fact that innocent people get executed from time to time

And what are the chances of that happening? Secondly, the prisoner will most likely spend a life in prison anyway if sentenced or re-sentenced. That's basically death, right? Or should people be responsible to pay for them?
>>
>>67406469
>Do you support prison sentences? If you do, let me tell you why you really shouldn't.If you do support the prison sentences, even if it's just in the absolute rarest occurrences, that means you have to accept the fact that innocent people get locked up from time to time. That's kidnapping committed by the state, innocent people locked up and left to rot. Are you ready to support that?
>>
>>67406469
I would rather kill one 'innocent' person than to have 1000 guilty men go free
>>
>>67406469
Yes, let's make society pay TWICE for the perpetrator.

Once for what he did against society and then secondly with their tax money to he can live without working til he dies.

Great plan senpai.
>>
File: 7770564730694.png (204 KB, 537x407) Image search: [Google]
7770564730694.png
204 KB, 537x407
Death penalty for all sentences surpassing five years.
>>
>>67407702
>And what are the chances of that happening?
About 4%, check the links I posted. Again, if you're for the death penalty you're for the state murdering innocent people, no way around it.

>Yes, as long as the victim's family wishes for it
So the states basically facilitates the murder of an innocent person by their own parents, spouse or children? In a way that's even worse

>>67407702
>>67407806
We need prisons. They're a fundamental part of society so we have to take that moral hit. But it's not murder. Murder is a line you absolutely cannot cross if you want to remain a sane, moral person. If you want a prime example of what that looks like, just look at >>67407963
>>
>>67406469
I don't support death penalty because death is too much of an easy way out for someone who deserves the highest of punishments.

I'd prefer a life of hard labour for the convict than some time in a room doing nothing and a nice meal before being put down .
>>
>>67406469
Yes. I accept that innocent people often get screwed over.
>>
>>67406469
Tons of innocent people are murdered by police every day anyways.
>>
>If you do support the death penalty, even if it's just in the absolute rarest occurrences, that means you have to accept the fact that innocent people get executed from time to time. That's murder committed by the state, innocent people locked up and murdered. Are you ready to support that?

Yes. Punishments deter crime. Fear of punishment keeps people from committing crimes. Punishments are meant to be harsh so that they are effective. We need to have severe punishments for severe crimes.

Of course, It is better for a hundred guilty men to go free than one innocent man be put to death. But we have a good system, probably the best system available when compared to other justice systems. I also understand we do not live in a perfect world. I think people who are against the death penalty believe that we can live in a perfect world and that its possible to fix everything, but I know that's not the case.

Imo, we won't have any even half decent world to live in at all, if we don't punish horrific, gruesome and gratuitous murder with the most severe punishment possible. More people will rape, murder and feed on little girls if all they are going to get is put in jail. Very VERY few people fear jail. Only fear of the death penalty is enough to deter many people.
>>
>>67408874
>Imo, we won't have any even half decent world to live in at all, if we don't punish horrific, gruesome and gratuitous murder with the most severe punishment possible. More people will rape, murder and feed on little girls if all they are going to get is put in jail. Very VERY few people fear jail. Only fear of the death penalty is enough to deter many people.
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Not only is it completely false because the death penalty is completely ineffective at deterring crime, you're talking about some distorted alternate reality here. You really have to get out of this place. Oh and you're still supporting the murder of innocent people by the state. Imagine it being you. If that doesn't make you snap out of your delusion I don't know what will.
>>
>>67408271
Yes, but the very large majority of those on the death penalty line are actually scum and committed terrible crimes. You're saying I "support" the death of innocents XD, but I don't. I hope our judicial system is efficient and DNA testing can be used efficiently for cases to catch criminals. Keep in mind that 4% (if that's accurate) means 96% are actually guilty. I've heard on some occasions that the penalty is actually more expensive, but if it means getting rid of scum and preventing overcrowding, then okay senpai.

Eye for an eye, Sweden. If there's no doubt they committed the crime, then why not? Some prisoners cannot be rehabilitated and are just a danger to others in this world....and you have sympathy for them. It also can provide closure to victims who had loved ones murdered.

Stop being a cuck, Sweden.
>>
>>67409474
Actually the death penalty is a deterrence from murder.

It works.
>>
>>67410234
If I'm a cuck for rejecting my country murdering innocent people then sure. You're a morally abhorrent person that supports the occasional murder of innocent people by your government and I can safely ignore you because you're playing on a Hitler level
>>
>>67410676
>I have no rebuttal and you hurt my feelings. You're just a meanie Hitler

Jesus Christ, Sweden. Now I know this is bait or your argument is just that shit. Try harder.
>>
Yes, I do

>b-but it costs more to kill them than to keep them!
Only because bleeding heart retards put so much red tape bullshit in the way just so that they can force a self-fulfilling prophecy.

>but people are wrongfully imprisoned
The sentence doesn't change this fact, and no judicial system is perfect. The "reversibility" is irrelevant because the damage is already done. Oh, this guy was in jail for 30 years and now we finally found out we were wrong. Hooray, let's take him out and pretend this never happened. Might as well have just killed him anyway.
>>
>>67406469
No, it's better to put them in hard labor with the option of assisted suicide after compensation.
>>
OP believes that abortion is perfectly fine and acceptable though.
>>
>>67406469
We suffer from overpopulation anyway, I advocate for the death penalty as well as an occasional great war and genocide party to keep the population in check.

Most people's lives are worthless anyway. The chances of someone dying/being executed before having been able to change the world for the better are slim to none anyway. People who get executed wrongfully are peasant-tier anyway, no loss there.
>>
I mean you guys are seriously flawed in your logic. What I'm seeing here is seriously depressing, not only the total lack of humanity but the hilariously bad arguments.

I'm from the real world and I'm gonna stay there
>>
>>67412376
>bumps own thread to get more replies

Ayyyy lmao

Ish okay, Swede. Ish okay. I'll give your bait 5/10
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.