[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much longer before a country starts developing mechs for war?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1455963059523.jpg (61 KB, 650x480) Image search: [Google]
1455963059523.jpg
61 KB, 650x480
How much longer before a country starts developing mechs for war?
>>
Mechs are retarded
>>
As soon as anime becomming real
>>
>>67401933
Only when technology can produce exoskeletons that can enhance a human without large drawbacks are mech even within the realm of possibility and viability.
>>
>>67401933
China already has them

Check em
>>
>>67401933
I mean, you just start combining some ideas, and you'll be close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lULK_e0LK70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6zYXr5JZ8Q

Maybe within the next 5 years the idea will start popping up in headlines (but already secretly being developed), and 5 years after that we may see some prototypes. You can see some of the kinks in the walking robots we have, but technology is moving so fast, anything is possible. Think of where we were at in 2011 vs now.
>>
>>67401933
Never.

The most you'll ever see is power armor.

Mechs are completely outclassed by tanks.
>>
>>67401933
we already have them faggot
>>
>starts
>>
File: 4372347.jpg (229 KB, 1920x944) Image search: [Google]
4372347.jpg
229 KB, 1920x944
>>67401933

Mechs aren't as good as suits or like the MECs of Xcom. You'd want a Space Marine essentially. Mechs can be disabled and then the driver is fucked. I saw a program where the driver was just ripped out of the cockpit, thus wasting a very expensive Mech Suit. It can also fall into enemy hands, not worth it. A power armor that only works with the specific person it was designed for is the best option.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-14-16-11-08.png (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-14-16-11-08.png
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>67402716
this
>>
>>67402453
this

im waiting for hover tanks
>>
>>67403025
ohhh hover tanks , i want my flying car first f a m i l y
>>
>>67401933
Bipedal mechs are impractical because anything with two legs has trouble standing up. Think about it: The only animals in nature that have two legs are those that used to have more, but developed some of their legs into something else (like wings or hands).

"Spider tanks" with 4, 6, or 8 legs could be useful, though, due to their ability to traverse jagged terrain much easier than a vehicle with tracks or wheels.
>>
Mechs are retarded realistically speaking. Joints are always a weakpoint, and a 25 foot humanoid robot has massive joints. Bipedal robots are unsteady and often slow. Quad mechs would have more joints (not good) Andhra shit on uneven terrain. Currently our main theater of conflict is sand and mountains. You know what tanks hate? sand. You know what a mech would hate? Sand.

Some form of exomusculature is much more viable than a gundam or jaeger (cool as those would be). Something like call of duty:advanced warfare would be mass produced (if viable at all I'm not familiar with any inner workings). The idea it would be fairly lightweight easy to don and shed, while still allowing the soldier to function properly.

Something like power armor runs the issue of a power source, being hooked via extension cable is not a viable solution. Another issue is that like medieval plate armor, it serves double as your tomb. If your breastplate caves in, there's a good chance you're fucked. In combat everything goes wrong, having an entire squad go down because sand fucked up your joints, or a rock hit your head and broke a sensor, etc.
>>
File: IiFDdeH.png (640 KB, 900x1225) Image search: [Google]
IiFDdeH.png
640 KB, 900x1225
>>67402716

Welp, looks liek spess mehrines have diks after all
>>
>>67404499

There's a book called The Emperor's chosen. And in the book the Space Marine showers with the troops because he was told that's where they gossip and talk. And he was told to become part of the unit. So despite Space Marines never needed to shower he went to shower with them.

One of the female commander's said to him directly that his penis was the largest she'd ever seen in life and that it was a real shame he was a Space Marine.

He didn't understand. They told him later. He still didn't get the joke.
>>
>>67404893
Whats funny about Space Marines is that their emotional development is often on par with that of a 13 year old, since thats about the age they get recruited and transformed into a hulking murder-machine
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJTGLL2SnI
>>
File: 1334288300391.jpg (241 KB, 1200x901) Image search: [Google]
1334288300391.jpg
241 KB, 1200x901
>>67401933
Greetings from /m/
>>
>>67404893
>female commander
What kind of bullshit army is this?
>>
>>67406680

Inquistion/Imperial Guard.
It was a special unit. Because most units who work with Grey Knights get killed off.
>>
>>67401933
Considering how much money we waste on tanks never
>>
>>67401933
We will never use mech suits. The whole concept is flawed.
The machinery is too complex for a war machine. War machines need to be rugged and simple to facilitate field repairs.
How are you going to fix your 20ft mech suit while being shelled by the enemy?
And the legs are the worst part. The only terrain where legs are superior to treads are inmountainous regions.
The future is going to be armored infantry, fast light tanks, and long range artillery
>>
>>67406149
We're going to get our asses kicked aren't we?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.