[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a private business owner, why am I not allowed to refuse anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (27 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
27 KB, 240x200
As a private business owner, why am I not allowed to refuse anyone I want?
>>
>>67393491
Goddammit answer me /pol/
>>
>>67393491
Because we don't live in a perfect libertarian utopia.
>>
>>67394127
But it's MY business. I own it.
>>
>>67393491
What kind of business do you own ?
>>
>>67394377
I want to sell flowers
>>
>>67393491
You have the right to refuse service to anyone. You have to deal with the SJW fallout though
>>
>>67394625
That's pretty gay, senpai desu
>>
>>67393491
you are allowed

who is forcing you to hire whoever you dont want?
>>
>>67393491
Because niggers. And in your case, faggots.
>>
>>67393491
Good question
>>
>>67393491
You can. But don't be surprised when insane SJWs come after you for it.
>>
>>67394895
Depends on the state.
>>
>>67393491
For the same reason you can't just not hire somebody for something stupid either. It's your business so you can hire whoever you want but if the job is something fucking simple and there's no concievable way that hiring, say, a married man versus a single man, assuming all other things perfectly equal, would make any difference at all, then there's no reason why you should discriminate based on this.

Corporations aren't people so while you're free to say whatever you want, your business has some restrictions. If you were, for example, married, it would be ridiculous for a restaurant to refuse you service on that basis alone. Same goes for the cake stores that won't sell cakes to gay people.

Tl;dr: for the most part, refusing service to a regular customer because of something arbitrary like the fact that he's gay is bullshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 409x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 409x308
>>67394625
>>
>>67394964
>>67395746
Not shitposting, it's a valid business and if anything goes wrong I'll just go back and live with my rich parents. Flowers are surprisingly in demand.
>>
>>67393491
you can.. just don't give the reason. if you give a reason deemed discrimination, you fucked up.
>>
>>67394895
>>67395253
If there are legal repercussions you aren't free to do it.
>>
>>67393491
the same reason that your new landlord can't tell you how many niggers live in the apt building you want to rent a unit out of.

the same reason that if you employ x number of people then y number must be female and z number has to be niggers.

the same same reason that you can't refuse to sell your house to a nigger.
>>
>>67393491
You still can. Its your private property.
Just find a contrived pc reason and youre good to go
>>
>>67395570
>Same goes for the cake stores that won't sell cakes to gay people.
There are stores on your stupid SJW country that refuse service to white heterosexual people.
>>
>>67396019
Those aren't legal repercussions
>>
>>67395570
>there's no reason for you to do this
>so you're banned from doing this
>by the way the government is allowed to control your business in any way it wants
>>
>>67393491

I don't think you should have that freedom as a member of our society.
>>
>>67397200
>American flag
>I don't think you should have that freedom
Nice proxy.
>>
>>67393491
>wanting to get bad PR, which losses you money
>not wanting to make the max amount of money each day by selling your products or services to the largest number of people

Might as well not even go into business faggot
>>
>>67393491
no valid reason just some muh feels, muh equality communist garbage
>>
>>67393491
You can, what are you talking about?

>Be me
>Private advertising business owner for high end neighborhoods
>Meet with some Mexi painter
>Immediately don't like him or his attitude in 2 minutes
>"Well, i'll be honest, I would never do business with you, nor could I in good faith recommend you to ANYONE. Thx for your time".
>360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>67395570
If the nice Christian baker doesn't want to write fag shit on their nice cake and have the name of their company associated with fag marriage, why should they be forced to?
>>
>>67397777

No it's true. Some things you just shouldn't be prevented from selling to others like food.
>>
>>67398571
You turn around 360 and spit in his face? Walk through him? Im confused anon...
>>
>>67399421
OP is talking about his flower business.
>>
>>67400003

True, so I'm a little sympathetic. However, it's unethical to be a part of this society and engage in economic warfare just because someone thinks differently than you.

That's why we duke it out in the voting booth. Making money is your reward. That should be good enough.
>>
>>67400003
If OP is selling flowers he'd pretty much benefit from selling to anyone except for insecure lesbians who'd worry buying each other flowers would be too hetero-normative.
>>
>>67401239
>economic warfare
By which you mean not doing business when you don't want to.

Is his inaction apparently oppressive to you? Is he your slave, forced to do what you want him to do by penalty of law? Get over yourself. You have no right to make that call.
>>
>>67401372
It doesn't matter.
>>
File: 139999.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
139999.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
Now, I know /pol/ isn't the fondest of our melanin enhanced friends but we need to look at the REAL evolutionary freaks.

Gingers.

Gingers are the fucking problem in modern, white middle-upper class society. Its always the ginger kids who are obnoxious, autistic and either wanna 'b gangstuh yo' or are the weirdo giving white people a bad name.

Have you ever met a well-mannered ginger?

Did you know that "ginger" is an anagram for NIGGER?

Have you ever met a ginger that wasn't either autistically quiet/weird?

I haven't either.

I mean, at least niggers and muzzies (though being behind evolution wise) evolved to be better at surviving the wasteland of Africa and Arabica. Whites evolved to be part of an upstanding, higher thinking society. Indians evolved to be the perfect telemarketers. (Ever met a tall Indian telemarketer? I haven't.)

Race war when, whiteman? And no, gingiggers aren't white. They're fucking orange.
>>
>>67395570
>land of the free
>forced to do shit you don't want

Why can't a restaurant refuse gays? Christian restaurant owner with christian staff, why would he allows gays? Why is the restaurant owner not free to do this and deal with the consequences? Surely he should be allowed to refuse the gays? He just shouldn't be protected by the law of the consequences for doing so (such as demanding legal compensation for bad publicity as a result of refusing gays)

His business, his choice, his consequences.

You used to be cool America, you have let your government take over far too much.

Anyway, back to watching syrian street orgies.
>>
>>67396252
why cant I?
>>
>>67403094
Civil Rights Act
>>
>>67401916

You want to make money? Play by the rules.

Yes, I do have that right. Deal with it.
>>
>>67403190
what a bunch of bullshit

freedom is dead
>>
>>67403197
>Play by the rules
Sure thing. But since your rules seem to be enforced by gunfire and not common sense, you can feel free to ask my rifle what the rules are if you ever stop by.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of government. You act as though the government bequeaths the ability to make money to people, and that it somehow has the right to enforce arbitrary rules upon them. Frankly, I don't believe that any informed political opinion can be made with such a catastrophic mistake.
>>
>>67404239

>ask my rifle what the rules are if you ever stop by.

That'll be the police. Enjoy your gunfight and quick death. Be sure to write a manifesto so we can add you to the "i didn't want to pay my taxes" pile or other stupid shit you believe.
>>
File: 1455462723134.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455462723134.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>67405230
Mhm. I knew that you would try to accuse me of being a crazy anti-government lunatic. Isn't it interesting that all I have to do is suggest leveling my arms for the sake of common sense?

You're a fool, intoxicated by the perceived authority of government and, simultaneously, completely ignorant of it. The real government is not incompetent enough to dictate slavery or death. Every leader, from the far right to the far left, would support my position: Gunfire answering gunfire for the sake of common sense. Think a little more, kid. Eventually it might make sense to you that a man's willingness to bear arms becomes important when what he bears arms against is morbidly and obviously wrong.

My amusement hasn't run out, however. I want to hear from you: What country do you think was founded here? What do you think Thomas Jefferson would say about the bloodlust you use to try to excuse your pointless mandates? Your political perspective is so immensely broken. I know for a fact that your reckoning of history would be a riot, you philosophical bastard.
>>
File: 1456578264198.jpg (998 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
1456578264198.jpg
998 KB, 2880x1800
>>67401971
>>
Good luck making ANY money selling flowers, you retarded cuck.

I worked in a flower shop for a long time, and let me tell you, big 1-800-FLOWERS companies and the like have literally rammed their dick so far down the small flower shops' collective throats that you'll be scraping peat moss from the sidewalk just to try and turn a profit.

100% guaranteed to not make any money.
>>
>>67394964
You're gay. Flowers are rad as shit.

Sadly my mom and I don't talk to each other and both water the plants causing them to die from over watering.
>>
File: BASED.png (31 KB, 485x420) Image search: [Google]
BASED.png
31 KB, 485x420
Be based like LanHAUS.
>>
>>67393491
Commerce clause abuse
>>
File: falling-down-original.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
falling-down-original.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
>As a private business owner, why am I not allowed to refuse anyone I want?
Because some people are special snowflakes that are better than you and me.

As a white male who also conceal carries I am refused service in a number of places due to the fact I am white, or male, or legally exercising my right to carry. And this is considered perfectly fine.
The discrimination I face every day is getting better though. If I act gay or say I'm a woman with a penis I can get into some of those places.
>>
>>67408417

Top tier movie, comrade.
>>
>>67394244
No you don't. Just like you don't really own land even if you hold a clear title. Everything you have own, have owned, or ever will owned, is so at the pleasure of the government. If it wants to take your stuff, it will (there is a high political cost to doing this, but it's gradually getting lowered as people become more accepting of state power). It's why you have to pay property taxes even when you 'own' your house. If decide not to, the real owner comes in and takes over.
>>
>>67406077

That's a lot of talk for someone who's never gonna do shit and if he does do shit is going to get killed and forgotten. Not even 10% of the measly Ron Paul movement would actively engage in taking on the federal government for something they were pissed about.

Have fun talking shit on an sri lankan pictogram relaying service.

>hurr durr i shot yuo wit muh gunzzz if you cum here LOOOL

>What country do you think was founded here? What do you think Thomas Jefferson would say about the bloodlust you use to try to excuse your pointless mandates?

I don't care about Thomas Jefferson. What's stopping you again from fighting against these 'pointless mandates'? Right.
>>
>>67408727
property tax is just a good way to fuck with minorities
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.